Kate Gosselin Tweets About Child Abuse Allegations

September 28, 2012 03:13 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Kate Gosselin’s Twitter page has been under attack following recently released accusations claiming that the famous mother beats her kids with a wooden spoon. Although the former star of Kate Plus 8 has yet to provide a direct response to the allegations, she has hinted at the drama via Twitter. What did Kate have to say?

The rumors may point to Kate Gosselin’s less-than-ideal parenting methods (such as pulling her children by the hair and smacking them with a wooden spoon)  but the reality star’s most devoted fans aren’t buying any of it. In the aftermath of the big news, Kate’s been busy filling up her page with retweets of supportive messages from followers. These messages accuse Robert Huffman (the reporter who leaked the story) of being a “stalker,” and a “trashy tabloid reporter.”

You wouldn’t think a few kind messages would be that much solace in the face of countless angry tweets, but Kate says she’s doing fine. Shortly after the rumors started flying, Kate tweeted: “I have THE best twitter followers ever..Oddly, in yet another difficult time,I feel SO loved and supported! So awesome!I love you guys!XO.”

She again tried to stay positive on Friday morning, tweeting, “Good morning! I believe in kind words, deeds&positivity. Let’s turn our attention to making the world better,shall we?Have a gr8 Friday!:)” She then headed to yoga class in order to keep her mind off of the fiasco, later announcing, “Just finished my 4th ever yoga class..I am hopelessly in love w the hard work&the complete shut out of the outside world!So healthy2relax!”

We’re wondering if Kate will end up directly addressing the situation or just continue to make not-so-subtle references to it on Twitter. Do you think there’s any truth to the rumors? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Kate Plus 8. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars, Kate Gosselin, Kate Plus 8, TLC Reality TV Shows |

41 Responses to “Kate Gosselin Tweets About Child Abuse Allegations”

1. ships58 Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

don’t twitter, but have to say, my mom carried a wooden spoon in her purse, all she had to do was crack that bag and let the end of that spoon show and we got the message. I did the same, and my daughter just pulled out the spoon yesterday at the market and made me laugh out loud. Very little beating going on, just the understanding that acting like a fool has consequences, something lots of kids do not understand. You don’t have to love her, but really, a tabloid reporter? not exactly a reliable source.

2. cheech Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Who really cares???

3. Misty Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Maybe she will finally get that long overdue mental health therapy that the court neglected to order 3 years ago?
    I for one can’t wait to read 8 new versions of Mommy Dearest, can you?

4. milesaugust Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

What is it about her that makes me want to bend her over the sink? She’s repulsive, yet I can’t look away…

5. rhonnieb Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

She has EIGHT kids!!!! As a mother of 1 little boy, I can’t imagine the stress or the diligence it must take to keep each child on track. So what if she has to resort to corrective action occasionally. It’s not abuse, it’s an unspoken threat to keep everyone moving in the same direction. I get it!!

6. gramma kathi Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Yes, I carried a wooden spoon with me, too. Had one in every room in my house! Broke a lot of them banging on the kitchen counter before I spanked my kids with one. Give her a break. Really. she is a single mom raising 8 kids alone. Not every day is gonna be a laugh happy day. Mom’s get frustrated with noisy disobedient kids–therefore the spoon. I got wacked when I needed it as a kid with a thick yardstick. I turned out fine, normal, A-ok!

7. Cynthia Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Leave Kate the h@ll alone! I think she is a GREAT Mom! I have always thought she was a great Mom. I raised four kids. I can’t imagine raising eight, especially almost the same age. She keeps it together better than most of us could and her kids are turning out great. That’s no thanks to the father chasing skirts half his age. Kudos to Kate. I am 100% team Kate!

8. de Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

what real mother has the time, energy or motive to be tweeting. why don’t you try spending REAL time with your children. Everytime you see her children they act afraid of her. She’s not loving, caring, or even nice to her kids on tv. what does she put them thru when no one is looking. With eight children how does she have so much time for tweeting, yoga, vacations, and the all important “me time” she seems to need so much. Grow up Kate and me a mom instead of an attention seeking insecure loser.

9. Kay Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I wish people would leave her alone and let her raise her children how she pleases. I dont believe anyone is being abused..only Kate by the media SMH

10. Judy Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

So why don’t we be sane about this? Ask the kids.

11. Pepper Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

@ships Glad to know I am not the only one with a wooden spoon in my purse.

12. Susan Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I use to threaten with a wooden spoon as did my Mother. Niether of us ever used it. With eight kids I don’t know what I’d do. I think that Kate should go back to nursing and forget trying to be famous. Her 15 minutes of fame are over!

13. Joyce Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

A small short whack with the spoon is fair discipline and not abuse…C’mon! This is gross exaggeration by a news hungry reporter…If you are naive enough to believe that the media doesn’t twist and slant news to suit themselves and to SELL magazines, newspapers, tv, etc…you are hopelessly clueless!

14. Frank Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

The wooden spoon is not a one-size-fits-all tool for corporal punishment. Some kids do need a stiffer penalty for erroneous behavior. The attitude that one can rely on words or time-outs is faulty. Although not every parent is fit to deal out harsher punishment. They take it too far and it becomes damaging. They cross the line their children do into erroneous behavior. The very first part of punishment should always be reason. Unfortunately it is reason that has to be learned. Some learn it better than others. But it has to in order to pass on healthy discipline habit to children. To often though the darker half of corporal punishment is passed on. Emotion is a powerful element that can hinder development of a parent in dealing with bad behavior. And a lack of it can make a parent cold and unaware of where to draw the line. It is a challenge to know what is enough and what is to much. But corporal punishment cannot be eliminated because it’s more art than science. It’s unfortunate that some many parents start off not knowing how to control unruly kids. It’s a crap shoot that is highly unpredictable. Especially in big families with a variety of different children with different personalities. It is not right to judge a parent trying to do their best to handle a situation that is difficult for any adult. She is a public figure and some people have an axe to grind with her. This does mean they should question as aspect of her parenting that millions of Americans deal with daily. I have never seen the passive approach work well with willful problem kids. Not when I was growing up and not now as an adult. Consistent and reasonable discipline has been a far more reliable method in my opinion. As long as it is balanced out with consistent and unconditional love.

15. Heather Hanna Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Her kids are brats, she should beat their butts more often.

16. ohhhdear Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Since when is spanking with a wooden spoon illegal or child abuse? I know Delaware just put a child abuse law in place, but it’s not an anti-spanking law. Kate doesn’t live in DE anyway and those kids certainly aren’t abused.
    People, don’t judge until you have walked in her shoes and have to live with EIGHT high-energy kids.

17. barry Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Seriously, we allow teachers and school administrators to paddle our children with wooden paddles, but when a mom threatens her children with a wooden spoon, it’s child abuse. we got our priorities crossed

18. free2choose Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

So does she “beat” her kids, or punish them throug the use of a spanking? Either way, its none of our business unless it is excessive, such as a “beating” might be.

19. Sierra Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Whoever wrote this book must be a little mentally ill themselves. If it were really horrible.. Jon.. should step up like a man and try to get his kids. I think that he’s a wimp.. and she is a good mother trying to take care of these kids when Jon doesn’t

20. Catwoman Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Oh, Puleeze…………..she’s the one that needs a spanking (not the fun kind) with something much rougher that a wooden spoon. I feel sorry for those kids.

21. Lady Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Please people….if I had eight kids, there’s not much time to reason with them. If I go to grab the older one’s arm and instead get a littler one’s hair – mistake, not abuse! Things happen, and I would be hesitant to condemn someone for one or two instances of something in a crazy household like theirs must be. Besides, the kids are now old enough to tell their side of the story – so how often does it happen kids?

22. Mack Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Kate, You can smack me with the spoon anytime baby.

23. Angel Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

How do you ‘beat’ someone with a wooden spoon? People need to get a grip.

24. Light Westwood Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I am so saddened by this. Sure, Kate isn’t perfect, who is…what proof is there that she abuses her children. Where are the hospital records and reliable sources, who have witnessed this abuse? I feel that there is more to this than meets the eye. This needs to come to a head quickly. She needs to sue this guy if she hasn’t hurt her children. The truth is that lies have a way of becoming like a down-hill rolling snowball,…..growing with each turn. She could lose her children behind these accusations. She would be utterly devastated. Why is the person coming after her, it seems personal. She needs a lawyer and a PR group helping her on this before it goes too far.

25. Kay Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I agree with Cheech…who really cares. I do think it could be true but I don’t necessarily think she is beating the children. It might be a swat. A spoon lends authority to any situation that a child is involved in and when you have that many children you might need a helper. I’m not a Kate fan but come on you guys have to draw a line on what you report. Do you ever think you could ruin someone’s reputation with false accusations?

26. lort j Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

she is crazy

27. David W Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 8:18 pm

While using a wooden spoon if a child deserves it is not wrong, Kate Gosselin is, to put it simple, a narcissistic sociopathic sycophant who has never really cared about her children.

Sorry, when Dances With The Stars doesn’t want you back… there is something VERY wrong with you…

28. Justin Banjak Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I have been smacked with a wooden spoon, Belt, hand, and plastic Paint Stirer. I hardly callit Child abuse. Don’t get me wrong, Kate Gosselin is a total bitch. And John did the right thing leaving her. And he probably should have taken the kids with him.

But come on people this Touchy feely appraoch to child raising is only giving us Spoiled, braty, selfish kids. Corporal Punishment can be a good thing if not over used.

Not saying we should beat our kids. But sometimes when Time outs and stern talking to don’t work. Maybe a good smack on the kids ass will get their attention.

29. Rose Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I don’t know why anyone is surprised, the women is a big B, and a horrible mother, I hope the remove the kids

30. linny Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Her kids dont exactly look abused. OMG, lock her up for tugging on her kids’ hair or using a wooden spoon. I don’t call that abuse. The nuns did worse when I was in school. My dad could whip off his belt faster than the road runner could get away from that coyote. It’s called discipline. It kept us in line. Half the criminals out there today had no discipline in their lives. Thank you, Dr. Spock! I think Kate is a good mom, considering she’s got 8 kids!

31. Linda Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

OMG sometimes children need a good swat on the butt or legs with your hand or a wooden spoon a slipper or whatever you have at the time thats not a beating wont hurt much but their feelings.a little discipline now and then.Thatis what is wrong with kids today.

32. Dennis Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I’m not a fan of hers, but just spanking your child with a wooden spoon is not “child abuse”.

33. dave matthews Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Spanking = a lite corrective tap

beating ‘as hard as I could’ with a spoon is something else entirely.

Yanking a child up by the hair = abuse

34. Jean Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 3:57 am

Unless you break it, it isn’t abuse. I have to laugh at it, because I slapped many a bottom with a wooden spoon, because if I used my hand I broke a vein every time (I have a bleeding disorder). I admit, I even took it on trips (we took long cross country car trips every summer) because I could not reach them in the big cars we had back then. I never hurt a child, it was more in the nature of a threat and embarrassment. What Kate looks like worries me more about her than a wooden spoon. She doesn’t even look like that pretty girl she once was. What a shame. It makes me think that her looks may be more important to her than her kids and real life.

35. Laurie Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 8:52 am

Shes a fake, im sure she cares about her kids but she wants to be a movie star and i dont know why she has absolutely no talent.

36. Joel Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 8:53 am

In my opinion some children need a wooden spoon from time to time. I was spanked and am a better person for it. The way kids are today makes me sad and terrified for generations to come.

37. Lynne Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 9:54 am

Several people commented that she is a single parent. She is not a single parent. She is a co-parent and her ex-husband shares custody with her. We need to end this idea that divorced women are somehow single parent martyrs and are raising their kids on their own. Most fathers are still actively involved with their children.

As for spanking children, sometimes it is necessary.

38. Cindy Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:22 am

NO. 8 said it best.

39. Lisa Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

REALLY….
    Number 8 and 38….I so agree.
    Let all of you Katie fans who feel sorry for her cause she has eight kids….SHE HAS HELP AND LOTS OF IT….She makes me sick….be a mom get out of the lime light!!! just go away!!!!!!

40. Glen Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

There is a whole lot more, a WHOLE lot more to the story than wooden spoons. Animal cruelty,
    her public words versus her own personal journals,
    the financial assets she had while poor mouthing
    at churches….it’s pithy stuff and Kate cannot
    refute a word of it. It’s in her own words. These are her journals.

Read the book, guys. Read the book. It is available on Amazon Kindle, or borrow it when your friends have read it. I never gave a darn about Kate Gosselin, but I did care about the children. They have lived in a difficult place, and it’s not just a wooden spoon I’m talking about.

41. Donna Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

It’s not just a matter of the wooden spoon people. She goes way beyond the spoon. And for whoever it was that said teachers and school officials use them, not anymore pal. They are not aloud to touch those students anymore, She has problems and needs help big time. And yes, pulling children up by the hair is abuse. She is not a good or nice person. Yes, take care of the kids and the mess she is and we are more than happy to never hear of her again.

Comments