Lisa Lampanelli Goes Under The Knife Loses 80 Pounds

October 07, 2012 06:08 PM by Donna W. Martin

Celebrity Apprentice contestant, Lisa Lampanelli is best known as the plump funny stand-up comedian who loves to spout insults. But thanks to weight loss surgery that decreased the size of her stomach and limited food intake, Lisa has lost a whopping 80 pounds.

According to CNN, Lisa admits her problem with food, “I was such an overeater,” whose weight rose to 248 pounds at one point.

Lisa tried to lose weight for 32 years but nothing worked for the sharp-tongued comedian. She told Dr. Oz in an interview on October 3, “I tried every single thing imaginable – diet, exercise. I even bought a house on the health spa property and I still gained weight. For 32 years, from 18 to 50, I tried everything on the planet, and once I had a clean slate with that I said, ‘You know what? Nothing’s working for me. I’m going to treat this like the addiction that it is. I’m going to get this surgery and use it as a tool. That’s all it is, a tool to help me get over it.”

Post surgery and 80 pounds lighter, Lisa, 51 and a size 12 says she’s a different person. “Now I get full quickly – at three, four bites, I have to stop.” Now empowered to make better food choices, she says, “I order food like a normal human being. If I’m out to lunch, I’m going to order three courses like everybody else. I’m not going to feel like some kind of freak. So I always order soup, dessert and a sandwich or whatever main course. But then the idea is you have to eat such a small portion of it and bring the rest home.”

Lisa finally beat the battle of the bulge with weight loss surgery. But according to The Inquisitr, she didn’t lose her sharp wit along the way. When Dr. Oz commented on her portion size for a normal meal saying it looked more like a snack to him. Lisa sounded off with, “You’re a skinny guy. What can I tell you? You’re the people we hate.”

What do you think of Lisa’s decision to go under the knife? Or her 80 pound weight loss? Leave a comment below and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

30 Responses to “Lisa Lampanelli Goes Under The Knife Loses 80 Pounds”

1. katiecatz Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

too bad she is still an ugle person INSIDE!!!!

2. Vettgrl Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Happy for Lisa, but in time, she can still gain weight if she doesn’t treat the addiction.
    In time, her stomach will stretch to accommodate more food.

3. Max Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Lisa, not everybody orders 3 course meals! That’s why you were fat!!!

4. BR Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 7:51 pm

It’s sad…these surgeries focus on the outside but doesn’t really help what’s driving the eating. I’m 5’5″, and I almost reached 300 pounds, and I’m now under 200 and still losing 2 pounds per week. I did it by joining Overeaters Anonymous to focus on the personal issue driving the eating behaviors.

5. Rastuss Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 8:19 pm

You can put a dress on a pig, but it is still a PIG!!!

6. Zane Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I had to pull back from victory tears. amazing read!

7. Carol Fleming Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I also went “under the knife.” It is not as easy as – Once I was fat now I am thin. – It is a difficult road and should be a part of your private life, Lisa. After all, it is major surgery and that’s not something you talk about at dinner parties.

8. Parker S Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Who cares, Lampanelli is just nothing but a lousy foul mouthed comic, I lost any respect for her, after seeing her on Celebrity Apprentice.

9. Julie Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Unfortunately, she is still a mean pig.

10. Greg Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

She’s still ugly though.

11. Hello Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 9:17 pm

It’s funny, but my whole life, I’ve been fighting my weight and I’m about a size 12 (vary between 16 and 10, and between and 12-14 now, after having three children and a botched surgery.) Of course, when I went to Weight Watchers or asked a doctor that size and the cooresponding weight was supposedly not healthy. Yet, not only Ms. Lampanelli, but the majority of females featured for loosing weight in health and women’s magazines end up being this size that I have been told is far too large. Isn’t it amazing how different reality is from the expectations society puts upon us?

12. patrick Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I had the same surgery and and went from 325 to 195 in 6 months. Then from 195 to 175 two months later. Every ailment I suffered from is gone. It’s like I removed twenty five years of life. So, Congrats to Lisa and her husband, I’m sure their experiencing a renewed life, such as me and my wife have (my wife also had the surgery).

13. Rivkah Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Too bad they didn’t staple her mouth shut. She’s vile.

14. janet Says:
    October 7th, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Bad idea. In two years she will probably look like Carney Wilson. I am not saying that to be mean, it’s just that after the wonderful weight loss, lots of folks figure out how to squeeze lots of calories into their tiny stomachs. It is very risky, you have to take lots of supplements to get enough nourishment, and if your electrolytes get screwed up you can very sick, or die. It is a last resort.

15. Mojo Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:58 am

Who gives a rats fat ass about this ignorant bitch!

16. Dee Gee Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 1:40 am

I did the same and lost over 100 pounds. In my case, it’s not controlling my appetite that made the difference as I didn’t have much appetite. The strange thing was, I never overate until I’d been obese for about a decade. And people who knew me, lived with me, traveled with me had commented for years that I ate less than everyone else and made the best food choices.

My doctor explained that my ancestors probably survived the Northern European winters because of the kind of metabolism that I had inherited. But it wasn’t serving me well now. I was adding about 3 to 5 co-morbidities every year.

Now I actually see a positive correlation between what I eat and whether I gain or lose. I never had that before. It was a last resort, but a life-saver for me!

17. BRYAN Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 2:38 am

It’s pathetic and disgusting that so many people resort to mutilating their innards instead of exercising some will power and simply eating less. Being a big fat slob is a choice, not a disease.

18. AlleyAl Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 5:24 am

Doctors shoulda cut out her nasty tongue, then sent her to a plastic surgeon to do her ugly face.

19. cary farrar Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 5:50 am

If only they could have sewed her mouth shut also !

20. jules Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 6:31 am

All the haters with their nasty comments really need to get a life. Someone trying to help themselves- and all you can do is hate… what a shame. No wonder she’s got a so-called “foul-mouth” I say GOOD FOR HER!

21. george Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 7:58 am

she is a human being- these nasty comments about her looks are extreme-
    She is who she is and thankfully she
    feels better about herself, GOOD FOR HER-
    Haters just be happy that she is- if you
    are miserable- get over your own problems…
    I think she is funny and is
    making a living at that -end of point!

22. Althea Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 10:48 am

I did the surgery 2 years ago, and have lost 150 pound. I have no regrets, good for you Lisa

23. Mike Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Who care about that witch. I have never seen a bigger piece of crap in my life when she was on Apprentice. I will never go to another show of hers. I hope she loses so much weight she disappears from the earth.

24. Ruby Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:57 am

I congratulate her and as a person who has battled with weight loss for over 20 years, I know how she feels. People can be so ugly to individuals who are obese. It doesn’t matter what she does for a living or how much money she does or doesn’t have….she was still miserable and unhappy. Kudos to you Lisa and may you be blessed and empowered in your lifetime of maintenance.

25. SAJ Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Her jealousy and anger towards every attractive woman on Celebrity Apprentice and whoever crossed her path is what drove her to do something with her physical side of life. Now what she REALLY needs to work on is her ugly hating side towards the attractive people. She has low self esteem and that is why she is supposed to be a comedian, as that is what today’s celebrities are all about…no talent.

26. aaron Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Sure is a lot of hate around here. Everyone has opinions, and is entitled to them. That doesn’t mean that they should be voiced as freely. Two wrongs do not make a right…

27. guest2012 Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I did the same thing 4 years ago, except I had the lapband done and I, too, lost 85 lbs and it was the best thing I ever did! I struggled with my weight from the birth of my son at age 38 till 62 when I finally said ENOUGH ALREADY! The people I feel the sorriest for are the obese people who don’t have any option to lose their weight, i.e., no insurance, etc., But the people I have NO sympathy for are the OBESE CELEBRITIES who HAVE the resources to do something about their weight PERMANENTLY, but they would rather BITCH & MOAN about being overweight than doing something about it and then use the weight loss procedure as a TOOL, cuz you can still put the weight back on if you don’t think you have to change your lifestyle once you’ve have the surgery done.

28. Jax Says:
    October 9th, 2012 at 12:23 am

I wish she would pay for me to get it done!!!

29. Toallhaters Says:
    October 12th, 2012 at 8:34 am

Lisa a one funny chick, all you people hating on her need to go back to church and pray. She got robbed on the apprentice, in a real life buisness situation she would have killed her competition regardless of her emotions or mouth. As for her weight loss, she was funny when she was heavy and she will be funny as a light weight she will still sell out shows and make tons of money by making people laugh, which is a more honorable way of life than sitting at home insulting famous people while under the illusion that your a trophy wife

30. zico Says:
    October 14th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Obesity risks are much greater than the risks for this surgery, so for anyone thinking about this kind of surgery, good luck. Don’t base your decisions on haters on forums, listen to qualified people like your doctor and people who have actually had the surgery.

Comments