Rosie O’Donnell Compares Honey Boo Boo To Shirley Temple

October 08, 2012 09:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Honey Boo Boo and her family sure have their fair share of haters, as well as fans. Among those fans of the hit series, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, is comedian, Rosie O’Donnell. Rosie loves the family so much, that she even compared Honey Boo Boo To Shirley Temple, and dished that she would love to buy the family a home. Say what?

Who would have thought that comedian Rosie O’Donnell would be a fan of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but she sure is! In a recent interview with People Magazine, O’Donnell revealed: “I love Mama June. I love Sugar Bear. I love Chubbs. I love them all.”

And her praise did not stop there. Gushing about the family and doing her best impressions of them, Rosie O’Donnell then went on to compare Honey Boo Boo to Shirley Temple, explaining: “She has a presence and an intellect that goes way beyond her years.”

The 50-year-old comedian, who suffered a heart attack in August of this year, also dished that she is more than just a regular ole fan. How so? She explained: “I’d love to meet them…and buy them a house.”

Take that, Kris Jenner! It appears that for every hater Honey Boo Boo and her family has, there are twice as many fans, are you one of them?

What do you think of Honey Boo Boo and her family? Are you a fan of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? Or do you agree with Kris Jenner that the family is nothing more than trash? We know you have an opinion, and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC Reality TV Shows, Toddlers & Tiaras |

20 Responses to “Rosie O’Donnell Compares Honey Boo Boo To Shirley Temple”

1. Jen Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 9:30 am

Rosie, you’ve got a few screws loose… Shirley Temple was a role model for kids; Innocent, pure; Raised properly.. HOney Boo Boo is proof that some people do NOT need to be raising kids.. Her mother is nucking futs…Only ruining this child for her love of money..l Sad

2. betty Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 9:37 am

pagents moms spend lots of money to get the crown for there kids this honey boo boo kid is just simple and honest as a child can be hope she well never change she is beautiful in side and that what makes her and she is cute as a button hope she has a great life she is off to a good start even if she never win a grand supreme pagent she has won the harts of millions of people and reality she is all ready a grand suprime and it’s from the hart

3. kim Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 9:39 am

Believe me Rosie I haven’t liked since her first talk show and movies, but I also really like this family especially June. Like Nancy Grace she kicks @ss!

4. sweet pea Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 9:50 am

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black! Kris Jenner and her family are nothing but trash also. They are just thinner and have sex more often than Honey Boo Hoos family, but trash is trash!

5. Rachel Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 10:10 am

for Kris Jenner to call Honey Boo Boo trash is a case of pot calling kettle…

6. Melody Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 10:23 am

LOVE Honey Boo Boo and the whole family! I really think June is the glue that keeps this family together and happy! June is always kind to her family and positive too! I love that she doesn’t care what anyone thinks about her or the family. Oh, but they really should rethink having the new babies third thumb cut off…just sayin…

7. RUTHIE Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 10:29 am

I love the whole Honey Boo Boo clan. They are not doing anything wrong. Kris Jenner should be ashamed of herself the way she parades her daughters around. At least June is a real part of her community, and it isn’t about money all the time. It’s nice to watch a real family who are not fake. They look like they are having so much fun. I particularly liked the episode when the family cut trash bags and put soap and water on it, and used it as a slip and slide. Pretty creative if you ask me. And it looked like it worked much better than the old slip and slides I used to have growing up. Rosie you are such a generous person to ffer Honey Boo Boo’s family a home. If they accept your offer, please make sure they reside in the community they love. God Bless to all of you!!!

8. zeke Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 10:57 am

Rosie compared Honey Boo to Shirley Temple…really…Rosie your a first class ASS!!!!

9. Longsack the Clown Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 10:58 am

I agree with Jenner, nothing but trash!

10. Debbie Weimerskirch Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:04 am

I love Honey Boo Boo and her whole family. Mama June is the best. She is there for her family and you can see how important they are to her. Sugar Bear is a honest, hard-working man who provides for his family. When Mama June goes shopping with her coupons you can see how smart she is and she is passing it on to her children.

11. Jennifer Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:05 am

Wow, Chris Jenner…people in glass houses…the pot calling the kettle black…your daughters famous for a sex tape.

12. Angelia Romero Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Kris Jenner needs to step back and look at her tasteless, uncooth, trashy family. I cannot imagine why Bruce stays. What a mess.

As for Honey Boo Boo, I am torn in the direction my feelings go. I believe that June is a very intelligent woman, and I feel that her youngest daughter received her genes. Any mother that can feed their family on coupons, and therefore cut costs anywhere to be able to afford the ridiculous bills of today, have their child in pageants (which she wins sometimes, by the way) is pretty smart. Are they tactless and crude? Can anyone really point that out?? Honestly?

Rosie called it right, they are really good people. They are centered around family. Perhaps that is why Kris Jenner is so threatened. No wait! Maybe it’s because the Kardashian show is a total waste of time and brain matter, and she knows that a REAL family outweighs a FAKE family.

13. Patrick Carter Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:12 am

What???? Kris Jenner has a lot of nerve calling anyone TRASH…Kris check your house first please.

14. june Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:15 am

really rosie ?? a house??? why not take that money and find about 100 ,000 poor families buy them groceries for a year? money better spent , honey boo boo is nothing like shirley temple she had class.

15. Lisa Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 11:21 am

Not a fan at all with the Jenner/Kardashian clan, but must agree that Honey Boo Boo and family are nothing but trash. They live in a town about 15 minutes from mine and I must say I am embarrassed to say I live in Georgia after seeing a glimpse of the reality show and the way that these people act. Please do not get an opinion that people in Georgia act like this. They are a disgrace to society and the network should not be encouraging this type of behavior. And to think that they are getting paid to have the cameras follow them around, advertising its ok to act like this, its ok that my children are having children out of wedlock, its ok that all my children have different fathers. We all need to pray for our country and for the Honey Boo Boo family that thinks it is ok to act the way they do. My parents would never have allowed me to act the way they do. This show is a disgrace to the United States of America!

16. Claudine Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

This “Family” is certainly a NOT role model for the American Family. All that’s said and done is in poor taste. No manners and lack of intelligent behavior is depicted. This show needs to GO!

17. jaz Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

if you want down home real happiness then go to honey boo boo family. i;ll take a million thompson famililies compared to the stuck up over real kardashians. give it up and live the real life, american life instead of flaunting your family and what money it can bring you. how many americans can live like a kardashian. god knows !!

18. Liz Hansen Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I think Honey Boo Boo is being raised by ignoramouses (sp). Their hygene may be ok, but their speech pronounciation, diction, & syntax are poor. Their senses of humor are juvenile, and the 15 year old daughter being pregnant is an immoral example for her siblings. They took absolutely no lessons from the ediquette teacher who visited them, making a mockery of her sincere efforts to aid the family in basic social graces. While making alot of money from doing “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”, the family is allowing itself and people like them to be made fun of. I totally disagree with Rosie O’Donnel. There is only ONE Shirley Temple, and Honey Boo Boo is no Shirley Temple. Boo Boo is totally untrained in dancing, singing, poise, and speaking. Ms. O’Donnell would be wise to set up an education fund for the children rather than buying them a house. One merit for the mother, June. She is excellent at couponing and saving the family money, and she does seem to love her children.

19. Cyndi Says:
    October 12th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Kudos to Rosie for wanting to buy them a home it is very generous. I think that Kris K should stop trashing them as her family is about as messed up and trashy as you can get right now. Money doesn’t make you happy or give you class that is earned with hard work. I have never heard Mamma June say a bad word about anyone and it’s obvious she loves her family more than life itself. The family may have some eccentricities but at least they are not hipppocrits and using money to cover up they mistakes. Having one child get pregnant in their teens is not great but everyone is entitled to a few mistakes when they are growing up. How many of us are perfect? I know no one in my family that is…how about you Kris K? Anyway good luck with your show Thompson family and Congrats on having such a close and loving and god fearing family.

20. Alicia T. Says:
    October 21st, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Rosie should go back to feuding with Donald Trump. Her newest obession with Honey Boo Boo is bonderline creepy. I have to laugh at “Kudos for O’Donnell being so nice to Honey Boo. ” TLC probably paid that family $60,000 per episode. A new house could have gone to some deserving family suffering under this depression. It’s more like that O’Donnell is a shameless media whore who is using a 7 year old girl to jumpstart her career.

Comments