Emily Maynard Was Miserable With Jef Holm Before Split

October 18, 2012 09:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Emily Maynard and Jef Holm recently announced that they were splitting up, after weeks of rumors that the pair were having relationship issues. Since the news broke, fans of The Bachelorette have been speculating whether or not there is any truth to the texting scandal that was buzzing the web, and now, rumor has it that Emily was just plain miserable with Jef!

We definitely can’t say that the breakup of Emily Maynard and Jef Holm comes as a surprise, I mean, The Bachelor franchise seems to have that curse going for them – and, of course, Reality Steve called it once again!

“I am sorry to tell you that Jef and I have, indeed, parted ways. It was a very difficult and heartbreaking decision,” Maynard said in a statement to People Magazine about the split. Emily went on to note that her relationship with Holm was “real and genuine,” but did not go into detail of why they actually split after such a short time.

Perhaps it was the whole texting scandal? Jef Holm and Emily Maynard denied that she was texting anyone, despite the fact that Jef’s own brother insisted that she was indeed texting other men. Meanwhile, pals of Maynard spoke to US Weekly recently, and revealed: “Emily was extremely miserable. She was like, ‘I’m dying, I’m dying here.” Another pal went on to say that Emily finally had enough, and ended things.

If you follow the pair on Twitter, you’ve probably noticed that they are no longer following one another, as another friend says that Emily: “says she and Jef have nothing to talk about.”

What do you think of Emily Maynard and Jef Holm’s split? Were you rooting for them? We know you have an opinion and we’d love to hear it. Post a comment below and tell us all about it!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelorette |

29 Responses to “Emily Maynard Was Miserable With Jef Holm Before Split”

1. Chris Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 9:34 am

No surprise to me. I just think she would be better off finding love on her own instead of going on a reality tv show

2. Scott Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 9:44 am

I think the reason she got engaged to Jef in the first place was because he was the one who could support her Hendrick funded lifestyle the best. I think money played a bigger part in her decision more than anyone is admitting. So no it does not surprise at all all they did not make it. One cannot make a relationship work without 100% love and devotion to each other.

3. angela Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 10:39 am

i always looked mismatched, and furthermore i really beleive emily has used bachelor and her celebity to get famous.

4. jerry Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 11:30 am

I saw these 2 idiots proclaim their “love” for each other.I think that Emily used her child to gain favor and sympathy with the audience.She is known to be looking for a rich guy to pay her way thru life.Grow up Emily.Get a job.How do you pay your bills and live in a pretty nice home?COD—call on daddy.?One can almost assume that this vixen will be back in the news again latched onto some other rich sap.

5. Janet Covellone Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 11:38 am

I was really rooting for Jef and Emily. But in light of this newest break-up news, I have a feeling Emily won’t be happy with anyone. However, I would love to see she and Arie try to make a go of it. He was my first pick anyway :-)

6. jerry Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 11:42 am

I watched the bachelor as these 2 idiots proclaimed their “love” for each other.Emily used her child to gain the sympathy with the audience.How can she live in the nice home she has and not work.Get a job and a life.Emily has been known to be looking for a ich guy to take care of her or it’s COD(call on daddy)again.Grow up Emily.You’re a playgirl .Who will be the next rich sap to be her next victim

7. Spikenalabama Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Was I rooting for them? Sure. Did I think it would last forever? Not at all.

8. best christmas gifts 2012 Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I liked them as a couple but they did seem more friends than a romantic couple

9. Pat Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I knew Emily had chosen the wrong guy. I do believe that Sean was the best one for her. I wish her luck in finding her man of armor! Emily
    seem very sweet and honest. Hope she and daughter
    have all the luck in finding Love.

10. Mike T. Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Come on,

she needs to get out in the world and meet folks in the real world. This whole show thing is a joke to say the least. She is too pretty and she knows it, on top of it guys who are good looking and have something going for them, will not stoop down to her good looks. She has a child, that is responsibility. She expects someone to walk into her life and be Mr. super Daddy, take the responsibility on, and then kiss her back side or something? She needs to think about it. She is going to have to bring something to the table besides her good looks, to get her Mr. Perfect. Her sweet innocent little girl look and personally I do not buy. She had a child too young and now (Though tragic) after her loss, she is young with that burden. She needs to look for a Family type guy, who is willing to make a go at real Marriage. Emily, here is food for though. Your already a Family, so get a Family guy. Young folks, with no kids, still want to be young and live their young life. That’s normal. Your young play days are over because of your child. But single young guys, with no child are still playing. So when you look, look for the Family guy, maybe someone who has a child and get away from trying to hook up with a Mr. Hollywood.

11. Connie Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

OMG!!!! I knew it- why did she pick him? the other guy was better then Jef. Or why didnt she pick some guy who was established in his career? Come on now how many are you going to go through and so much for bringing guys around your daughter!!! What a farce—-

12. hilina Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

ofcourse it was fake. The bacherolotte is fake.

13. jane Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

GET RID of that show is so phoney baloney!!!

14. realist Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Jef is being a gentleman and allowing Emily to sound like she broke it off. Sounds like one of them gave the other an ultimatum to change…reason for the few days of no response…. and the other decided not to take it. She seems so boring can’t believe she’d be the one “dying”…. Maybe she was dying that Jef and family all knew the truth and she’d never be able to continue the “sweet innocent lady” fake persona with them. That’s what she was “dying” about.

15. Da Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

It is over for now.it will heal. Respect sharing your privacy. Might find each other again on the right time.

16. Louise Nevarez Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I was really pushing for them. I wish them the best

17. Staci Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

She thought with her head and not her heart; she should have picked Arie!!

18. Mary Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

It is official – she is shallow – be done with her!

19. George Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

It is sad to see them break up. UI thought they were the perfect couple and they were happy together. I wish them both the very best.

20. RH Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Honestly, it’s not a surprise. I didn’t see any real chemistry between the two. I don’t think she’s a genuine person. She did this for money and fame. I was waiting for the day to hear the news of their split. I hope this is an end of her 15 minutes.

21. mtn climber Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Wow no sh it, she thinks people are really that stupid. Oh America I was so unhappy blah blah blah!!!! trying to extended her 15 minutes of fame. Give it up your really not that hot, your damaged goods, got baggage not going to be able to give anyone a true shot at loving her.

22. lisa Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

she’s a whore. i think the hendricks should have little ricki paternity tested. prob not even the late mr hendricks kid. shes just a money hungry slut.

23. Sydnee Miller Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Emily is notorious for short lived relationships but that doesn’t mean that she is always at fault, however she comes across as a phony and fake person—–don’t think those shows are a way to find a mate but I do think these people do it for the money.

24. Sue Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I think Emily is a sweet girl and a great mom. Too bad it didn’t work out with her and Jeff but I was really hoping she would have picked Sean anyway…he is a real man!! Maybe he is still single Emily!!

25. Brandi Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Emily is a fame whore! The best thing Jef could do is run and never look back. She is a horrible mother for dragging her child through this mess AGAIN!!! But i also must add that she is a good actress having the world fall in her act on The Bachelorette that her daughter was her world and she wanted to be a great rold model!!! YEAH RIGHT, all she cares about is her looks and money!

26. Musicleader Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

No one of the parties is really at fault. And IMO, neither Arie or Sean would have been a good fit. Since Emily has raised her daughter 100 percent alone, it is gonna be hard to let anyone into her life as a father figure. Hopefully she will find that right person but it will take time and lots of thoughtful dating. As for Jef and Arie, they are both now in the position to date whoever they want – they will fare well in finding true love. Both are adorable and have a lot to offer the right person.

Love don’t come easy…as the saying goes. Longlasting love that is!

27. Lori Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I think that Emily Maynard just wanted the fame and fortune not LOVE. Get a Bachelorette that really wants to find LOVE. She is a fake and a fraud. I don’t care for her at all after this whole breakup with Jef. He is a great catch. She is too high maintanence and fake it seems. Get her off of TV. Get a life Emily. Be a mother and take care of your daughter. For real. I think that the Bachelor and Bachelorette should just go away. It rarely works out if any. What a joke. She just wanted the money.

28. Da Says:
    October 20th, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Fame whoring and questioning paternity test? Hendricks are not fools. Emily is still young. She is a good mother. Jef cannot judge her as a bad mom just for five months. All his famous loving words , did not prove anything. Love and relationship needs a lot of work, not exposing emily to your ex and friends.

29. Wally Says:
    October 22nd, 2012 at 10:14 am

Emily does not need a man; she just needs a bigger, faster vibrator.

Comments