America’s Next Top Model Adding Male Models

October 21, 2012 01:00 PM by Donna W. Martin

America’s Next Top Model host, Tyra Banks is super excited about changes that will take place on the show starting next summer. Not only will the show celebrate its 20th anniversary, they are also going to add male models to the lineup!

According to People, Tyra Banks has been a long time advocate of adding male models to the mix but explains the decision wasn’t solely hers to make. “The male model idea has been around for five years,” she said. Everybody says, ‘Tyra you are the boss’ – but they don’t realize I have a boss.” She explained, “So I’ve had to ask my bosses for five years” to change up the show.

After years of stating her case, the network executives have finally agreed to give it a go starting next season, which will debut in the summer. Banks said, I think the change “has something to do with the 20th anniversary” of the show. Adding, “I think they were ready for a bang and a change.”

Banks went on to say, “The male and female models will live in the same house.” Can you imagine? It sounds like there are a lot of changes in store for next season and plenty of opportunity for cat fights and diva drama.

What do you think about the upcoming changes to America’s Next Top Model? Do you like the idea of male and female models competing against each other? And living together? Do you think we’ll see more drama next season? We know you have an opinion and we’d love to hear it, so sound off and leave a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about America’s Next Top Model. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksAlot: America’s Next Top Model.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: America's Next Top Model, CWTV Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “America’s Next Top Model Adding Male Models”

1. Anton Mitcham Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I’m a model and I’d love to be a part of this upcoming phenomenon.

2. Loris Graham Says:
    November 2nd, 2012 at 11:43 am

There are male models out there, I believe this is a wisdom decision.
    Go right ahead Tyra & boss.
    Love you Tyra
    God Bless you and your career
    Loris

3. angienla Says:
    November 3rd, 2012 at 11:52 am

Well it’s about time! I’ve been wondering when that eye candy opportunity would come about.I think it’s a good idea but it should be ALL males first THEN both to make a better impact and make way for two cycles instead of one.

4. hip.hop.says Says:
    November 3rd, 2012 at 10:40 pm

someone should tell the writer of the piece the definition of annual….the show has not been around for 20 years. it is possible there’s been 20 cycles/seasons of ANTM but the show has been around for 9 years.

5. Summer Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

As a long time viewer of ANTM, this season sucks a donkey kong. I’ve never been so disappointed. Fix it, Tyra!

6. gary Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

bout time i love every cycle minus ths one, and the one whitney didnt deserve to win so many plus size girls could have won but whitney really hated her fake tail. but i kinda always dreamed of modeling

7. Angel Says:
    December 3rd, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I would rather see the men compete in a season all their own. By putting them all together, the men are going to swear that they are better than women when it comes to everything. I am sick of it. I hope the female wins!

8. casteret Says:
    December 4th, 2012 at 2:54 am

surprise surprise,i m copying the BIG BROTHER and look like nobody remark it,no new no new idea
    just do it ,get them shirtless and get more audience.here is a drama suggestion,get a gay male model so he can hang out with the girls and report everything to the males.oops,i just reveal your new season secret idea

9. Dina Says:
    December 8th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I have watched every season of ANTM but i won’t be watching the new season. The “college edition” cycle was THE MOST AWFUL CYCLE EVER!! good bye ANTM.

10. Jennifer Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I’m all for men joining the show, but I feel like they should have their own cycle. Not mixed in with the women. Kind of like how the Bachelor does it. A season of the Bachelor in the winter, and a season of the Bachelorette in the spring. Possibly something to consider in the future?

11. Ms. Pennsylvania 2004 Maria Frisby Says:
    December 27th, 2012 at 11:30 am

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! I think that it is awesome that Tyra is giving male models a chance to become successful models. I hope that in the future she has a show for people who look much younger than their age. My mother is 81 years old, but looks like she is in her fifties. I am 48 years old, but most people think that I am in my late twenties or thirties.

Maria Frisby-
    Ms. Pennsylvania 2004

12. ideapuffer Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 12:33 am

i think women should compete with other women and same goes for male models. i mean, its a great idea to add male models but if male models compete with female models the judges’ decisions would be said to be “biased” or unfair.

13. Ella Says:
    January 1st, 2013 at 12:37 am

I think it would it’s great to do a show with male models but keep them separate. Girls against girls, males against males.

If they mix them, I think the show will be “caput”!

Not a smart decision.

14. Ella Says:
    January 1st, 2013 at 12:41 am

Males against males.
    Girls against girls.
    Otherwise, bad idea.

15. connie Says:
    February 6th, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I will tune back in. I tuned out a long time ago. Got so boring. And men and women should compete against each other will make the show worth watching.

16. Angie Says:
    April 7th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I don’t like the changes made, the show doesn’t have the same class (A) quality. I give it a (F-).
    I will not watch the new cast.It’s just boring.

17. Anna Says:
    June 20th, 2013 at 6:41 am

The should have a male and female winner. There was a show in the UK which had mixed models, called Model Behaviour back in 2003, but their task was to actually get proper modelling jobs throughout their reality series. It was a lot more fun to watch.

Comments