Are Gwen Stefani And Gavin Rossdale Headed For A Breakup?

October 21, 2012 11:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

Rumors are flying that American Idol mentor, Gwen Stefani and husband, Gavin Rossdale are headed for a breakup! Are the rumors true or just speculation? Keep reading after the jump and you be the judge.

Stefani and Rossdale met in mid-1995 when Stefani’s band, No Doubt went on tour with and was the opening act for Rossdale’s rock band, Bush. The couple started dating and later married on September 14, 2002 in London.

In 2004, the couple was rocked by the news that Rossdale had fathered a child, Daisy, then 15-years-old, from a previous relationship with model and designer, Pearl Lowe. Although Stefani was devastated by the news, they worked through it and ended up severing all ties with the Lowe family. Stefani and Rossdale went on to have two sons together, Kingston in 2006 and Zuma in 2008.

Through the years, there have been rumors of additional rocky periods in their relationship but Stefani and Rossdale adamantly deny any truth to the possibility of a breakup. In September of this year, Stefani spoke to Marie Claire about Rossdale saying, “He balances me out. And he — he never stops liking me, which is awesome! It makes me feel happy, that someone likes me as much as he does.”

But according to In Touch, a visibly shaken Stefani was seen leaving a couples therapy session on October 8. A source close to Stefani and Rossdale said, “They used to be affectionate with each other and laugh a lot. That never happens anymore.” And added, “Over the past two years they’ve spent less and less time together. There were months when he wouldn’t even be at the house.”

What does it sound like to you? Are Gwen and Gavin headed for a breakup? Or is it all just rumors? Post a comment below and let us know what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

26 Responses to “Are Gwen Stefani And Gavin Rossdale Headed For A Breakup?”

1. Cerise Says:
    October 22nd, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I remember reading long ago that Gavin Rossdale dated “Marilyn,” a transvestite who also had a relationship with Boy George. I think it might have been Boy George that made the revelation.

I’m not saying it’s impossible that Gavin could have a straight relationship – but it might be devastating to a relationship that was on rocky ground in the first place.

It’s sad stuff, but in comparison to other problems in the world, it’s small potatoes.

2. Jesena Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

She treats him like a child, always has, not like an equal or a partner. She disciplines him like hes one of her children. I can truthfully say from the beginning I never believed this would last, albeit this long. The end is neigh for them, I fear.

3. Ginny Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 7:34 pm

For such a couple, they have lasted surprisingly long together. May we must show a little more faith in them.

4. hollywoodnc Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 10:55 am

I’ll date Gwen IN A HEARTBEAT!!!
    She’ll never date anyone else again!

WOOO-HOOO!

5. Mary Says:
    November 4th, 2012 at 8:34 am

He did an interview not long ago about how he had been on tour with his band. That could explain the comment in the article about him not being home for months. But in the article he did mention that the kids came to visit him, not Gwen, she was mad at him, but he didn’t go into details in the interview. Just laughed it off.

6. Chrismc Says:
    November 5th, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I think it is pretty messed up to “cut ties with the Lowe family”. The girl he fathered had no choice in the matter of how her birth has played out over the years, and the fact it was kept from him. That was clearly on her mom’s shoulders. Who knows when she was even told who her father really was. Is it messed up to keep it from him? Sure. That is no reason to cut ties with the girl.

7. Sarah Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Actually there have been rumors going around for years that he is gay and has hookups with other men. That would explain why he’s not around her and not affectionate with her. She and he could live together for the sake of keeping an intact home for the kids, it would be hard, but not impossible to do. But he really needs to be home more to be a father to his kids.

8. Sharon Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 11:17 am

That would be a shame, they are a lovely family. I have also heard the gay rumors on Gavins part- and he never really seems happy….

9. Charlie Says:
    November 16th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Yes, everyone it is very, very true. They are indeed headed for divorce court. The married couple hasn’t even had sex with each other not even once in the past 6 months. Besides that, she treats him like a pet dog or something. Gavin is just simply fed up with the whole relationship and is simply looking for a dignified way out of the marriage without causing too much of a stir.

10. Max Says:
    November 16th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Ohhhh Mmmmmmmm Geeeeee….this dude is an idiot! I mean he is a hardcore bfionied IDIOT !! Let’s be real, his hostility alone proves that these questions are beginning to get to him. His clear cut addictions are nothing more than a ruse to convince himself that he is not playing out for the world to see a tap dancing jiggaboo for a couple of dollars. I do agree with one thing? These questions are retarded because you know the answers already. Of course he has no respect for women if he has 4 different baby mommas like this? Of course he is going to get mad if you ask him if he’s deliberately spreading his seed around because you as a white woman are basically asking him to his face if he is a jiggabboo or not? That hurts! He is about to go to prison so he can’t even self medicate himself from the pain with his usual prescription of blunts, codeine and cough syrup. ———————————————————-Let me put this another way for everybody out there who is going to even try and defend his ignorance or his ignorant responses. In the real adult world? In a mature world? In society? A response to practicing negative, demeaning, and self mutilating behaviour of ” I don’t care” is not acceptable. It is immature. He is a father of four and his responses are what I would expect from my 9 year old sister. If you can’t understand what I just said? You are a freakin idiot! It’s not cute or funny that he is about to raise kids when he has the mentality of a nine year older. Because you won’t hink it’s funny when his kids grow up reckless, stupid, and spoiled lacking the ability to accept accountability for their own actions. Because chances are those kids will end up in jail, dead and suffering from a huge chemical dependancy issue.Love…Hugs…and deep wet KissesErotiqueRead more: Necole Bitchie.com: Lil Wayne Speaks On Child Support, Rumors, Respecting Women & More in Ozone i was on necole bitch nd i seen this on the comments about lil wayne nd whoever said this is fucking stupid and dumb and ignorant as fuck ya’ll are really haters and need to get a life because he is living his life now live yours.erotique whoever you are QUIT HATIN BITCH

11. Sue Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 4:31 am

Gwen recently said she never let’s her husband see he without her make-up on because “he likes it when I where make=-up. Enuff said….

12. OregonVoice Says:
    November 29th, 2012 at 8:58 am

Whenever a woman who is beautiful realizes she is beautiful, she suddenly becomes an annoying spectacle of human trash. Nothing better than a nerdy hot librarian with glasses who doesn’t know she’s hot. Woman who take for granted their own beauty began to talk a whole bunch and it is nothing but utter noise and nonsense. When the talking starts the man soon leaves. So I wouldn’t blink if Rossdale left Steffani. She in 10 years will get plastic surgery and look like Carrot-Top.

13. Jim Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 9:18 am

I used to like Gwen Stefani until I found out she supports that abortion-lover Barack Obama. Now I can’t stand her and hope nothing but the worst for her so I hope this story is true.

14. Michelle Says:
    December 3rd, 2012 at 12:27 pm

It’s nobody’s business what happens to this couple. The papparazi take it too far when they follow stars to their marriage counseling sessions.

15. Leslie Says:
    December 6th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Wow, I’m glad my comment follows Michelle’s. I follow another very young famous couple who have had to put up with more than their share of tabloid gossip and public humiliation. I had no idea that it was routine on the internet to spout opinions about a private relationship that no one has a clue about, nor knows personally the couple involved, and make it sound like fact. What makes this couple different, Oh Yuh, they have children! Apparently that doesn’t make a difference to the armchair offenders.

16. Marie Says:
    December 8th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Get real… get a life… They are who they are and no one is the judge but themselves. To make comments as if you are right there along side of them takes courage.. you belong with the crazy papass that follow peeps everywhere just for a “scoop”… I don’t see anything but dumb ass pics and remarks…

17. Joann A. Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:10 am

I have loved Gwen Stefani from day one. I just feel like the poor girl is always the one in love and always the one to get dumped on. First with her bandmate former boyfriend and now possibly with Gavin. I hope she can find love with someone who’s madly, crazy in love with her – she deserves it!

18. Breathein Breatheout Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 10:07 am

If he’s straight he should take his share of her money. and then grab himself a chick who is half as old and twice as pretty ( = four times as good… )

If he likes man-ass, he can take the money and then begin acting again. After all, with all of that scratch and the help of the gay mafia, he’d be sure to become one of the biggest stars in Hollywood after doing little more than taking a few bathroom-stall auditions.

19. Los Feliz Resident Says:
    December 21st, 2012 at 11:16 am

I once saw Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale go grocery shopping together. The next time I saw Gavin shopping at the same store, he was alone pushing a cart, looking a bit lost and out of place. Maybe he’s just tired of being a househusband.

20. Princess Dawn Says:
    January 11th, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Speculation, observation, empirical evidence, huh?
    None of your business, folks.

21. cs Says:
    February 2nd, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I used to work at concert venues. When he played there, he asked the boss to scout out the 2 or 3 prettiest girls in the audience. Wonder why….

22. Julie Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I hope to God he did not sever ties to the child of the Lowe family that breaks hearts of the child and really hurts them all their life if a person forces a parent to not speak to the children of previous partners I find it utterly selfish and evil to do. I hope to GOD that is not happening.

23. Karl Says:
    March 29th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Stopped all contact with the child he fathered when he was 15. That Gavin or Gwen would do that is showing how shallow and immature adults they are.

24. She's awful Says:
    April 16th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I have heard through the grapevine that she is a borderline/bipolar mess of epic proportions & that Gavin is a very nice polite guy. She’s awful and why does she insist on bleaching her boys’ hair white blonde all the time? That is not healthy for them and she insists on painting their nails. They are BOYS not girls. If she wanted a girl she could have gotten one through IVF like these 2 but no she wants to feminize both of them. Good riddance to her. If he’s never seen her without makeup, they’ve never showered together or slept in the same bed together. Yikes!

25. Sincerity Says:
    May 13th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

It’s natural for relationships to have their “ups and downs”. Gwen Stafani appears to be a definite “A” type personality which doesn’t always make long-term relationships easy because everyone involved with them becomes an “extension” of their ego-centric mindset. I suspect Gavin Rossdale feels “smothered” and wants to distance himself from his wife’s “over the top” branding driven mentality. In general, men don’t mind a “take charge” sexual amazon in the boudoir to liven things up but not in all aspects of a relationship. At least they’re going to counseling and trying to work out their issues in private. Kudos to the both of them!!!

26. Captain Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

You all are crazy, They are married and in love they have a rough time with seeing each other because of their work. That was a problem for them when they were dating. They are GOOD people and I hope they are happy. Some of the things you all are saying are untrue and just mean. They are a beautiful family and they seem happy. Give these folks some slack please. All this B.S. is just about selling magazines. They are just fine let them be….

Comments