LeAnn Rimes On Rehab: I’ve Been In Therapy My Whole Life

October 24, 2012 06:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

In August, just after turning 30, LeAnn Rimes checked herself into rehab due to stress and anxiety. The former host of Nashville Star spent a total of 30 days in rehab and now she’s ready to talk about it.

According to US Weekly, Rimes told Katie Couric, “People look at you and go, ‘Why are you struggling?’ No one can quite understand why you hurt so badly.”

A source close to Rimes gives us some insight into her pain. “LeAnn has had major insecurity issues since she first got with Eddie,” the source said. But why would Rimes have insecurity issues with her husband or her marriage? Well that’s an easy question to answer, Eddie cheated on his first wife, Brandi Glanville to be with LeAnn and now she’s afraid he’s going to do the same to her.

Since the affair between Rimes and Cibrian while he was still married to Glanville, Rimes has endured an onslaught of comments and verbal abuse via social media platforms. She explains, “I think it’s really hard to deal with Twitter and Facebook. And it’s hard to take day after day of reading and seeing things that someone you don’t even know says about you. As much as you said you don’t want it to penetrate, it does, because you’re human.”

Rimes reached out for treatment to help cope with social media comments and fears that husband, Eddie Cibrian would cheat on her. She said, “I’ve been in therapy my whole life. I like going,” she explained. “I like being able to have that third-party input and someone to listen that has nothing to do with your life. Everyone has an opinion of how I am and how I should be, and now I’m focusing on how I want to be.”

After spending 30 days in rehab, Rimes said, “I feel like I am starting over even though I’ve had all these years behind me. How many people get to [start] over again in this day and age?”

How do you feel about LeAnn’s situation? Do you feel sorry for her? Or do you think she’s getting what she deserves for cheating with a married man? Post a comment below and let us know what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Reality TV. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: CMT

Topics: Nashville Star, NBC Reality TV Shows |

7 Responses to “LeAnn Rimes On Rehab: I’ve Been In Therapy My Whole Life”

1. Alan Bradley Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 7:27 am

1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

2. Melissa Reddo Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 7:36 am

Did that home-wrecking whore go to home-wrecker rehab so she can stop being a whore and get her own man?

3. Larry Fyne Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 7:38 am

Maybe the fact she has been in therapy “…her whole life…” might be the problem.

4. Christopher Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 9:08 am

If there’s doubt in your relationship then there is no relationship. If you don’t want to get cheated on then don’t date a cheater. Who is she to judge him anyway. She was cheating too. I don’t feel sorry for her at all. Also if you don’t want people in your business all of the time then don’t make a career out of being in the public eye. I wonder if she wants some cheese with her whine. Boo Hoo Hoo

5. Julie Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 9:09 am

I think this is where “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” comes in mind. It’s okay for her to do that to some other woman, but not okay for some other woman to do that to her? Once a cheater, always a cheater. She can probably expect he will cheat on her, unless he has truly changed.

6. Holly Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 11:21 am

I pray every day that LeAnn is doing well and that she is able to shake the dust from her feet (Matthew 10:14) when dealing with those who do nothing but put down her every move. (bowing my head).

God bless you and her always!

Holly in East Tennessee (a day one fan of LeAnn)

7. Ann Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Thank God for people like you Holly. Judge not lest you be judged. God is the only judge and He does not like it when we try to do his job. Man cannot send you to Heaven or Hell only God can do that. You wont have to answer for LeAnn. There is no difference in marrying a divorced man than one that is married. STILL A SIN.

Comments