Jennifer Lopez And Casper Smart: One Year And Still Going Strong

October 28, 2012 04:00 PM by Donna W. Martin

Haters were quick to say it wouldn’t last but they were wrong. Former American Idol judge, Jennifer Lopez and boy toy, Casper Smart have made it to their one-year anniversary. And they’re still going strong!

According to People, Jennifer Lopez, 43 originally confirmed she was in a relationship with backup dancer, Casper Smart, 25 in the fall of 2011. Their relationship ramped up pretty quick and has been going strong ever since. Though the couple was somewhat shy about admitting to a relationship in the beginning, that’s history now. They are in love and they don’t care who knows it. And Smart was quick to form a bond with Lopez’s twins, Max and Emme from a previous marriage to Marc Anthony.

Many people have looked at Lopez and Smart and said their relationship would never last because of the 18-year age difference. Lopez’s friend and manager, Benny Medina sheds some light on Jennifer’s thoughts to everyone’s reaction, “She was just like, It’s not even the age, Benny. It’s actually that I just came out of a relationship where I felt like I was kind of not getting what I needed,” Lopez said referring to former husband, Marc Anthony, 44. “And I’m open! So somebody who steps in right now and is actually touching me in a way – it’s very fertile ground!”

Well, Smart must have had the magic touch because Thursday, October 25 marked their one-year dating anniversary. They both took to Twitter sending lovey-dovey tweets celebrating the occasion. “BEAUcasperSMART BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is OUR’s!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful smile with me every day!” Lopez wrote.

Smart was quick to respond tweeting, “Happy 1 yr. anniversary to the most Gorgeous, Kind, Sweet, Funny, Beautiful Lil Bear in the world…. Love Bear #October25″

What do you think of Jennifer Lopez’s relationship with Casper Smart? Is he too young for her? Or just what she needs? Do you think the relationship will last for the long haul? Post a comment below and let us know your opinion.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Jennifer Lopez |

8 Responses to “Jennifer Lopez And Casper Smart: One Year And Still Going Strong”

1. Sylvia Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I believe age is just a number and as long as she looks hot and young who cares! Not every relationship lasts and I know that for a fact (been there, done that!) but it’s how she says it… “And I’m open! So somebody who steps in right now and is actually touching me in a way – it’s very fertile ground!”. He makes her feel special and that is hard to find in a young man his age. Plus, he gets along really well with her kids so that is always a plus, you do not want to get involved with someone who doesn’t like kids! However, knowing she’s been in situations of break up, I hope she takes this slow and has a smart conception and doesn’t rush into things (like marriage or engagement?). I say give it a few years for the both to do what they like, and also spend time apart too and see how it connects with each other. I hope she does do the smart thing and doesn’t re-marry really, but if she does, I hope they take their time! And don’t forget the pre-nup, lol!

2. Daniel Narvaez Says:
    November 16th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Just be happy.

3. marina Says:
    February 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 pm

As long as she looks hot and young, who cares…hmmm…okay, so what you’re saying then, if I heard this correctly, is it’s all about the externals then? If you LOOK hot and young, this arrangement is deemed acceptable…however, were she to start looking as if she aged, no matter what their heart connection may be and their compatibility…that would NOT be okay? What kind of tunnelvision message is THAT? Not to mention discriminatory against aging women. Give me a break and open your pea brain, please.

4. A.P. Says:
    February 23rd, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Jennifer will forever be the bucket-list queen. For her, life is about conquests not milestones. Ex: jumping from one bad marriage to fiance and fiance to have babies. Even taking the opportunity to fuel the divorce between Marc Anthony and his ex-wife (Marc and his wife argued a lot) just to those twins, but Marc was always her good FRIEND, not true love. Those twins were like gifts for her because she was pushing close to 40 at that time. Now that she’s dated a bad boy rapper (Check Puffy), married her best friend and put some years on it to look legit (Check Marc) Pushed out some kids (Check Marc… though it could have been with anybody if she left Marc to work it out with his former wife) Ran a triathalon like 6 mo. after birth (Check) now that her English speaking music career is back on the rise, what better way to grab some media attention by using this poor boy as her personal vibrator. In the next few years, Casper will either be replaced by a hot car, or Jennifer will “George Clooney” it for the rest of her life. Either way she’s leaving this world single.

I’m all for life experiences, but things like marriage and kids have to develop organically. Her marriage to Marc seemed hasty and quick at a bad time in Marc’s life all to satisfy her desire for motherhood at any cost. And her haste to leave the marriage TO ME seemed to be based on petty grounds. Glad Marc is single again – he’s no one’s conquest.

5. Amber Rose Says:
    February 24th, 2013 at 12:47 am

1) she’s paying him a lot of money monthly.
    2) she hasn’t found a replacement YET to OVERLAP relationships.

6. Kathy Says:
    April 29th, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I think Jennifer is awesome and it doesn’t matter what any of us think. Her children are loved and cared for most importantly! I am happy for them and if eventually it doesn’t work I wish them both happiness.

7. Kraze23 Says:
    May 2nd, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Any woman who dates a man more than four years younger than her has psy issues.. Point blank

8. nick Says:
    July 12th, 2013 at 10:59 am

I don!t care once she is happy

Comments