Madonna Booed Following Obama Endorsement

October 30, 2012 07:18 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Certain stars are accustomed to hearing boos during public appearances (ie. Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan) but Madonna is rarely able to count herself a member of that list. But if you do want to elicit boos, there’s an easy way to go about it: talk politics during a concert. And that’s exactly what The Marriage Ref alum and hit singer did during a stop on her MDNA tour.

Madonna booed by audience members? Yes, that does actually happen every once in awhile. This time, the booing came as a direct response to Madonna’s impromptu endorsement of Barack Obama. During a break between songs, the singer asked fans, “Who’s registered to vote?” adding, “I don’t care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama.”

It should come as no surprise that the statement was followed by loud booing from the audience. There were a few cheers interspersed, but the most vocal were clearly planning on supporting Mitt Romney….or just felt unhappy that Madonna would bring politics into her show.

The singer quickly backtracked, stating, “Seriously, I don’t care who you vote for … Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote.” This add-on had little impact, however, with several audience members continuing to boo and a few even walked out.

Really, though, none of the concert-goers should have been all the surprised that Madonna chose talked about presidential politics while on stage. Earlier this year, the celeb showed off a temporary Obama tattoo during a concert before announcing, “So y’all better vote for f***ing Obama, okay? For better or for worse, all right?”

Would you have walked out on Madonna if she mentioned Obama during her concert? Tell us what you think in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about The Marriage Ref. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Marriage Ref.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Marriage Ref |

21 Responses to “Madonna Booed Following Obama Endorsement”

1. Lori Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 7:55 am

I would have walked out and asked for my money back lol

2. Steve Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:03 am

Our President has my vote, and NO I would have stayed for the entire show. Romney is a cult member.

3. Jewel Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:07 am

No I wouldnt have walked out. Its her right to share her opinion and the audience didnt have to bo. So immature!

4. buster Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:08 am

america finally gets that show people are nitwhits.

5. Nancy Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:09 am

Any Star who gets up on stage and tells US the Paying Concert goer who to Vote for is an Ass! Just like Barbara Strisand did to us! I don’t care if It is Madonna, I would walk out Too! That is NOT A Place for it. Unless I go to a FundRaiser, I do not want to hear it. !

6. Bill B Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:10 am

I wouldn’t have walked out but I would have been happy the Romney supporters did. They are a little stiff anyway.

7. H Lain Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:12 am

Entertainers should never try to influence their fans’ political views. An entertainer is no better qualified to make political decisions than anyone else, and in some obvious cases even less qualified, and they do not have the right to use their positions to influence voters. None of the rest of us have that opportunity, why should they?

Is a drug and alcohol-addled “Celebrity”, Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen come to mind, in a position to try to make decisions for others? I think not!

8. Watkins Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:17 am

Yeah! I would have walked out!I walked out when Roger Waters went into his Anti-Bush crap. I want to hear the music. Period.

9. Martin Mann Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:17 am

Yes, but I probably wouldn’t go see her in the first place. She’s not that talented and she’s a little old for the shock treatment. Unless you’re at a political fundraiser, keep your opinions to yourself. I would be there to be entertained, not influenced.

10. Rafael Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:18 am

i would had walked out and asked for my money back!!!!

11. Sarah Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:19 am

I wouldn’t have walked out- I’d have cheered. I’m not old enough to vote yet, but will in the 2014 election, but if I could, I’d vote for Obama.

OBAMA BIDEN 2012!!

12. BJ Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:20 am

No I would stay and rock on!

13. JJBA Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:21 am

Amazing that the amount of ppl/celebraties that endorse any “religion” or belief that “Justifies” their behavior or beliefs. Goes to show what a “high” level of IQ does for y

14. Thomas Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:22 am

Someone should have warned Madge about doing that. The people going to see madonna aren’t the right demographic.

15. Donald Turner Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:23 am

While I am not a fan of Madonna, I definetly would have booed and probably walked out. Nonetheless, and more to the point, I find it interesting that performers of every type feel that their opinions are more important than that of the average person who is more often better informed and possess a higher education.

As it has been said to other performers, ¨Shut up and sing.¨

16. ROY DURRANT Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:30 am

Madonna is on the right track. Apparently Romney supporters don’t believe that the resources of the United States are enough for every one. Oh, what a selfish set!

17. Teresa Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:37 am

No, I would not have booed her, I would have encouraged her to explain. Most people do not understand that loan modifications, low interest rates, social security, medicare, and more would be potentially be eliminated if Romney wins. The housing market come to a halt. Short sales, would not be possible because the tax implications for home owners would mean huge tax debts, with penalties that would take people the rest of their lives to pay off. Romney put his dog in a crate on top of his car. This is a person who shows lack of judgement, and lack of care for 47% of our country. Are you part of the 47% and just haven’t figured that out? Most likely if you are a student, a senior, a returning member of the military, or a single mom, you are! Should Madonna talk about voting for OBAMA, she should be screaming this information to the ignorant people who haven’t figured this out! People wanted change when OBAMA took office. They got it! But Change does not happen over night!, Especially if it is done right! We are just starting to see the results of the changes that were allowed to happen after years of warring with a republican dominated congress. I have always been someone who doesn’t like abortion. I even adopted my daughters baby to prevent one. So, I would call myself pro-life, but for me that goes not only for the unborn child but for the women who would die getting illegal abortions. I just don’t think we want to go back to that. Have they really forgotten about how many women died that way? Tell Madonna, We are proud of her for trying to get their attention, I just wish she would have put it all out there.

18. virbroy3 Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:44 am

no, I would not walk out on an artist that endorsed a different candidate then me… people who react that emotionally are simple minded…

19. Phillip Bailey Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:44 am

I would not have walked out. But, I would have booed her for bringing politics into the neutral zone. I once booed Natilie Merchant for doing the same thing.

20. George Says:
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:51 am

Assuming I liked her music, which I do not, I would have refused to purchase a ticket to her concert in the first place for the sole reason that she publicly backs Obama. Performers are well within their right to push whatever political views they want, but if they do, they should realize that people like myself, on both sides of the aisle, will refuse to provide their our hard earned money.

21. jill Says: