Duggar Mom Makeover: Michelle Duggar Chops Off Her Hair!

October 31, 2012 01:51 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Michelle Duggar hasn’t changed up her look in several decades and few expected she ever would. But the 19 Kids and Counting mom surprised us all when she decided to take a leap of faith and cut eight inches from her hair…just in time for her 46th birthday! What did the rest of the Duggar family think of this transformation?

Following an eight-inch haircut, Michelle Duggar is now one hot mama! The Duggar mom makeover came at the behest of Michelle’s buddy Cindy. A professional stylist, Cindy pointed out that Michelle’s hair hasn’t changed in 40 years. And somehow, Cindy managed to convince Michelle to try a sleek new look!

The makeover was actually a gift from Michelle’s kids for her 46th birthday. We’d say it was a thoughtful gift, but we also suspect the kids were a bit embarrassed of Mama Duggar’s curly mullet. On the other hand, the clan did love the new ‘do! Michelle wore her hair short and straight to her birthday party, prompting cheers from her children.

Unfortunately, we don’t think Michelle will be sporting her stylish new ‘do for long. The famous mom made it clear that she prefers her hair curly. She went so far as to compare the straight look to what she sees in the mirror when she gets out of the shower. Jim Bob also made it clear that he prefers his wife’s old style.  His immediate reaction to the haircut? “I do like it longer.”

We’re assuming Michelle will grow her hair again to make her husband happy. Oh well. Do you think Michelle should stick with shorter hair? Or is it a lost cause? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about 19 Kids And Counting. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo credit: TLC

Topics: 19 Kids And Counting, TLC Reality TV Shows |

29 Responses to “Duggar Mom Makeover: Michelle Duggar Chops Off Her Hair!”

1. Renee Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Very nice!!!!

2. Linda Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:24 pm

She looks beautiful, so so beautiful.

It has taken 20 years off of her and she looks so beautiful. Jim Bob is afraid of loosing her…and probably wants her to go back to her frumpy look.

Stay with the new look…it is stunning.

3. Pat Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:28 pm

She looks years younger and with 19 kirs he needs all the help she can get. Let her husband get used to it instead of wanting to keep her looking frumpy!!

4. RuthE Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I like her hair in the new style, but like a lot of men they like long hair. It still should be her choice which way she wants to wear it.

5. heather wood Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I love the new hair. screw the hubby. it’s her that has to wear it. not him. I also want to say “It makes her look younger!” keep it girl.

6. Gary Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:39 pm

SO SAD to see the hair get cut- I would be furious if I were JimBob. My wife pulled that stunt too….

7. Megan Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I saw this episode yesterday and she looks at least 10 years younger with straight hair! She should definitely keep it that way!

8. Chris Hinz Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Quite frankly, I think they all need a makeover and I’m a fan of the family! They’re attractive people who need to step it up a bit.

9. cathy bell Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 5:37 pm

who cares what jim bob thinks. after giving birth to 19 kids, she should be able to wear her hair the way she wants. besides , someone should take him to the vet and have him neutered.

10. Cari Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Although I marvel at Michelle’s looks after 19 kids and being 46 – she looks even younger and modern with the new look. LOVE IT!

11. Susie Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 7:30 pm

OMG!! She finally looks like a grown woman and not a little girl!

12. Donna Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Totally agree with Cathy Bell. First, that man needs to get snipped, 2), has he ever had a REAL job in his whole life. Something about him gives me the creeps. It’s a hell of a way to support and raise your family by impregnating your wife. Wow, you are special Jim Bob..for you to even have an opinion about how she wears her hair is ridiculous. They should call you 1 pump chump!

13. Annie Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I say good for her she looks great she should be able to do with her hair as she wants with all those kids she needs easy what ever it may in tell.As for the hubby wanting long hair well with 19 kids I think the horny dude will be just fine as long as she spreads in bed.

14. Dawn Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 6:18 am

Jim Bob needs to quit being a control freak in and out of the bedroom…..honestly he’s a bit creepy and I think Michelle is afraid to do anything that he wont approve of or even disagree with him in any way. CONTROL FREAK JIM BOB! She really does look great!

15. STEPH Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 6:24 am

I am APPALLED that people are actually on here cutting this family down. First off, HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED THIS SHOW ALL THE WAY THROUGH? To the people saying Jim Bob needs to be neutered, are you kidding me? He takes care of his children probably 99% better than most of you on here spewing out hate. 2nd, uh, he had LOTS OF REAL JOBS before he formed his own business. They did not start of with a huge house and tons of money. He worked for it and built his empire on his own. I am ashmed to even say that I am in the same species as some as you. This family doesn’t mooch off the government (how many of YOU can say that) and they do endless amounts of volunteer work. Shame on all of you making snide remarks…..most especially about THIS family. WOW!!

16. Tara B Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 7:16 am

Wow, she looks pretty. I love her new hair! Good for her, after 19 children a good make over is great for her! God bless

17. Jane Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 8:32 am

Since Michelle is always thinking of others, and not herself, she should feel comfortable choosing her hair style. She is a very pretty lady and a lot of that beauty is from her heart, not her physical looks.

18. Carsten Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 9:15 am

I think she deserves to wear her hair how she wants. this style makes her look so beautiful, literally cuts 20 years off and frames her face so nice. If she wants her curls again, that would also look cute with this cut, short, bouncy and curly. Keep it Michelle!

19. Trudy Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 9:20 am

I agree that is definitely her choice and what makes her comfortable over what ole Billy Jim Bob wants and he can join ole Gary who commented in this thread back in the cave if they want!

Stunt? For someone to want to do something different, feel good and improve self confidence is a “stunt”. Eck! I feel very sorry for Gary’s wife…

She does look terrific and maybe after a while it will grow on her. Yes, change can be a threat and scary, no doubt. However, to each is own!

20. rmb Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 9:26 am

She looks great. The only shame is that she didn’t cut 2 more inches and donate her hair if she could have!

21. Nora Says:
    November 3rd, 2012 at 2:06 pm

The new cut looks so much better. That 80′s mall hair was long overdue for a change. I could she did not like it same as her ass of a husband so, the old dry and ugly do will be back.

22. Margaret Says:
    November 5th, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Gorgeous Michelle! U should have done it years ago. Jim Bob shut up and get used to it

23. mary Says:
    November 11th, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Oh, Jim Bob.. Shush! What are you talking about.. it’s still long! Next, the kids need to stage an intervention and get rid of his comb over!

I LOVE the new look! She looks a million times better.

24. Ruth Says:
    December 5th, 2012 at 7:53 am

I agree with Steph up there!! this family is a beautiful tribute to a life lived in “God’s Word” not the world! She looks very pretty with the new do, but if she wants to please her husband than its her choice.

25. Sandy Says:
    December 9th, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I think that Michelle looks years younger, not so frumpy. Does she give her opinion on her husbands hair cut? Will he take the time to fix her hair if he doesn,t like it? Stick to the straight look. We all need to years off our faces.Just like a man to dictate to his wife!!!!

26. Coral Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I just love your new do. Hope you keep it that way for a long time. Miss you guys, when are you coming back? Been watching since day one, and I miss you guys alot. Cant wait for the new season to start, when is that?

27. LouAnna Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I think that should keep her long hair because it is her glory. “But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.” 1 corinthians 11:15 I don’t think it matter what the husband thinks about the hairstyle, it’s more of what god thinks.

28. LouAnna Says:
    May 1st, 2013 at 1:08 pm

And if it coincides what with the husband thinks the great!

29. DARSHANA QUINN Says:
    September 10th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!! BEAUTIFUL LOOK FOR A BEAUTIFUL MOM,WIFE, AND GRAMMA! My family loves the show!

Comments