Kellie Pickler’s Shaved Head Looked Great At CMA Awards

November 02, 2012 02:00 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

A few months ago, Kellie Pickler proved she possessed plenty of inner beauty (as well as outer!) when she shaved her head in support of her best bud. Kellie’s hair has since grown, but of course, is still super short. We were glad to see that the American Idol alum had no qualms about rocking a short ‘do at last night’s CMA Awards!

It’s been a few months since Kellie Pickler impressed us by shaving her head in support of Summer, a longtime friend who had recently been diagnosed with cancer. Since that time, Summer has successfully undergone a round of chemo and reports that, despite some of the side effects of the cancer  treatment, she’s doing great! Meanwhile, Kellie has successfully showed that it is possible to look hot in short hair! The singer proved it once again at last night’s CMA Awards, where she wore a pale blue dress by Pamella Roland and a sparkly pair of Tacori diamond earrings.

The dress and earrings were lovely, but Kellie’s best accessory? Her beautiful smile. Turns out, Kellie had a great reason to smile — she’s going to be an aunt! Kellie explained to CMT, “My sister is with child. Everybody wants to rub her belly…And everybody wants to rub my head!” Someone with longer locks probably wouldn’t like having her hair tousled, but Kellie’s cool with it. She told CMT, “I hope it brings somebody good luck.”

We think that Kellie looks stunning as usual and we’re glad that she’s doing her part to increase cancer awareness and promote early detection.

How do you like Kellie Pickler’s shaved head? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

7 Responses to “Kellie Pickler’s Shaved Head Looked Great At CMA Awards”

1. pinkey Says:
    November 5th, 2012 at 7:44 am

That is a hideous haircut! It’s a shame, really. She’s such a pretty girl.

2. mary Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Kellie’s short hair looks fantastic! I wish I could look that great with short hair.

3. Karola Says:
    December 3rd, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Jaysus, some ppl are really thoughtless. Did you even READ why she cut her hair??? @pinkey
    GO KELLIE!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 Such a beautiful gesture! Beautiful with or without the hair!

4. Anita Says:
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:55 am

I think she’s beautiful inside and out.She left in the middle of a tour date when she discovered her best friend since elementary school was diagnosed with cancer. When she found out that her best bud would lose her hair to chemo,she had no compunction and no hesitation, no way was she going to let her go through this alone. so, together they went and had their heads shaved.I can’t imagine having that diagnoses at so a young age and having treatment that would leave her waking up with clods of her beautiful hair falling out on her pillow or just in general.It was a true measure of dedication and TRUE friendship to join with her during this difficult time.My Mom is a breast cancer survivor, I lost my best friend to it 2 years ago she was only 50. On Nov.21,2012 which would have been my fathers 83rd birthday, I myself went and donated 14inches of hair to “Lock of Love”. No one knows what these women,men and children with this disease go through. They are hero’s in my book.

5. pamelajoy52 Says:
    December 27th, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Yay for Kellie!!!! I admire her so much. She is beautiful inside and out! I would do that for my best friend also

6. CayeLynn Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 9:55 am

Kellie Pickler is a GREAT lady! She came up in the country music world and has passion for what she does. I think she is beautiful with her head shaved and now with her hair growing out. DWTS is LUCKY to have her and I am rooting for her 100%. Shaving your head is NOT an easy decision and without hesitation and no selfishness at all….she did it out of love and compassion. Kellie…..you are my hero!!!!:)

7. Scott Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 10:51 am

So is that Kellie’s hair on DWTS? It’s growing pretty fast if it is, if the picture above is from November.

Comments