Michelle Obama’s Dress Choice For Election Night

November 08, 2012 11:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

First Lady and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition guest star, Michelle Obama is hitting the news not because her husband, President Barack Obama won the election last night, but because she wore an outfit that she’d already worn previously in public. Are you kidding me? Do the American people not think there are more important issues surrounding the President and First Lady than her choice of dress on election night?

According to ABC News, Michelle Obama recycled a dress she had worn on two previous occasions in public. “Kors is pleased to announce that the First Lady, Michelle Obama, wore a Michael Kors magenta silk chine pintucked dress,” the designer boasted.

When questioned about her dress choice, a source close to Michelle said, she was so busy with the campaign and their kids that she had no time to think about an outfit and decided at the last minute.” Who cares? The First Lady’s dress is not the issue here. However, wouldn’t you agree that by wearing a dress she’d previously worn, Michelle makes a statement that it’s okay to be seen in public wearing the same outfit more than once? Doesn’t it show that she’s more down to earth like one of the American people instead of high and mighty above us and can’t dare be seen in an outfit more than once? After all, I’m sure she had the dress cleaned between wears.

Isabel Wilkinson of The Daily Beast’s said, “The new Michelle is all about restraint. … It was an understated, economical choice at the culmination of a campaign that, for the first lady, has been about just that.”

What do you think of Michelle Obama wearing a dress on election night that she’d previously worn in public? Does her dress even matter? Post a comment below and tell us what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information on Reality TV. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: Reality TV |

211 Responses to “Michelle Obama’s Dress Choice For Election Night”

1. Anna Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

We have all been played! I have seen comments that Michelle can relate to us…the middle class wearing the same outfit more than once. This was one of the most important nights of her life, her husbands life and our country. Would you wear your first wedding dress twice if you had a second marriage? Read between the lines people….

2. rayy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:21 am

She looks awesome in that dress!! You go, Michelle!

3. Ann Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:26 am

Oh please – the First Lady was showing that she was a normal woman – we all recycle dresses, so what? The evening was not about her, it was about her husband!!!! Get a grip people!!!!

4. Wendy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:28 am

I’m glad she wore a dress more than once. I didn’t even know this until I just read the article but kudos to her for recycling her clothes. As far as Anna’s comment with the wedding dress and this event it’s like comparing oranges to apples. I don’t feel played and the dress is lovely on her. Good Luck to President Obama, his First Lady, family, kids, dog, all the movers and shakers in DC! Long live America.

5. Mary Cordrey Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:28 am

Wrong Obama elected !!!!!!!

She at least uses common sense.

6. Trisha Tybor Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:29 am

Big deal. sounds like she trying to be a Kate Middleton. That will NEVER happen.

7. Gwen Hayes Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:32 am

I admire Michelle Obama for wearing the same outfit more than once. It wasn’t about her putting on a fashion show for everyone, it was about her husbands re-election. Obviously she could have had her stylist dress her up in something fancy, expensive, and irrelevant. However, the first lady chose to wear something she already had in her closet, and I give her a hands up!It shows she’s down to earth, and is not living her life to please or impress others.So if you think this was a tasteless gesture on her part, oh well, get a life…..

8. perdita Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:35 am

If it was a planned move – then yes, it’s political play for naive, narrow individuals who are desperate to see themselves in the “higher-ups” because they’ve been indoctrinated since Day 1 to believe “all people have been created equal”. They haven’t.
    Otherwise, the choice of dress should not even be an issue for discussion. I am not asking “who cares?”, because I know people DO care; and this is exactly the crux of the problem. They SHOULDN’T. In fact, they should not have even remembered that this dress was worn before. Painfully irrelevant.
    I am someone who voted for Obama last election and stayed at home this time as the state I am in is severely red and my participation would not have made a difference anyway. In an ideal world, I would have other options than the current Rep-Dem dichotomy. Obama is a guy with a ton of qualities as an individual (brains, charisma, perseverence, great speaker, everything that is needed to get ahead in life laregely on your own). However, I am far from believing he will be the SAVIOR of people or that he is about to make it easier for most of us to have a better life. The mazes of power up there are extremely strong and entrenched…and they have very little to do with who is the president. Once up there, you become one of them. You’re theirs – because you gain a lot of personal advantages from becoming one of them. There IS no other way.
    Cynical, yes? Realistic? That too.

9. rosa Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:43 am

Anna you are so ignorant. Like they said she was in a rush. you my darling are worrying about the wrong thing.

10. Felipa Rodriquez Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:44 am

There is nothing wrong with wearing the same dress or oufit more than once. She looks good in the dress, it is not the dress that makes the person, it is what is in your heart. It didn’t bother me, when I saw her smiling face nothing else mattered old dress or new dress makes no difference. The First Lady looks good in anything.
    Now you people need to get a life.

11. Connie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:44 am

Michelle’s outside appearance is not important! It’s what inside that counts!

12. Victoria Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:44 am

People who are worrying about First Lady Michelle Obama dress on election night are shallow and plain stupid! Are you really that upset that Romney lost?! Get a life!

13. florence Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:45 am

hey i think this is great that the first lady of our country feels safe in re wearing a dress it is so ridiculous the wa y that famous people have the idea that re wearing a dress is so not cool this puts her right up there in my book it makes her more accessable to the rest of us after all most of us cant aford to wear an outfit only once we usually wear it til we wear it out these are hard times for most of us and it makes me feel good knowing someone like her feels safe re wearing an outfit more power to her after all isnt the cry of the recyclers redo reuse recycle …right on michelle

14. T. Yvonne Walker Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:46 am

For the first time I see a first lady that is more concerned about her family and the welfare of our country as oppose to one that is focused on herself. Mrs. Obama is a woman of elegance and grace and has shown this in whatever she wears. I applaud her for recycling an outfit. Most of us working class folks do, so why shouldn’t she. Right on Mrs. O. continue to do what you do best, which is make your husband, your family and our country proud to have someone as special as you as our first lady. You truly lead by example.

TY Walker

15. florence Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:46 am

hey this wasnt a wedding dress and it wasnt a wedding get real

16. Cathy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:49 am

I think the first lady is telling the world it is okay to wear a dress more than once it shows that she is more interested in her husband shinning than what the world thinks of her dress. Furthermore is wearing a dress more than once a crime – look at the people that only have one dress. I think it is more wasteful to spend thousands on a dress to wear only once after all it is not like a wedding dress which you expect to only wear once.

17. Arran Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:49 am

Mrs. Obama’s dress was lovely, looked good on her, was comfortable, clean and fit well. What’s the big deal if she wore it before? I admired her for not caring what others thought of her decision. She’ll buy a new dress for the Inauguration and the Balls.

18. Anie Tuthill Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:51 am

I think it is great that Michelle Obama wore the same dress more again. We are in the midst of an economic crises. Our public officials should set an example and this one way to shows that the Obamas follow their own advice..”do as I do”.

19. Norma Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:53 am

Come on people, can you for once get pass shallow thinking. It’s a breath of fresh air to know that in the White House there is a first lady who is real, practical and down to earth. She looked radiantly beautiful, confident, and joyful at her husband’s victory. Phenomenal lesson folks.

20. Shante Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:53 am

I believe she’s sincere. I believe the Obamas are about making change to help others who have hard times in their lives. Clothes are nothing when it comes to food, air, water and shelter.As long as your clothes are clean and presentable,in which her dress appears to be,then it’s ok with me. She’s not about glitz and glamour. The media feeds off who wore what and how well they wore it. If she chose to wear that dress 100 times it’s her business and free choice. Everyone is not self absorbed and feel the need to better dressed than everyone else. A wedding is about TWO people and their lives, of course she wouldn’t wear it for her 2nd time around, that would be disrespectful to her new mate. Presidency is about a whole COUNTRY, who cares what she wears.People are concerned with jobs, healthcare and many other things than a dress, so don’t compare the two. Her children and husband’s campaign were more important to her than trying to gussy up to a bunch of people who only make money off of printing stuff like this.Good job Michelle, you looked great!!!!

21. Wearing The same dress Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:55 am

Yes. What is wrong with Michelle Obama wearing her dress over and over again. she is just like me. I like wearing clothes 2 or more times if I look good. I can say my sister look good wearing that dress for the third time.

22. who cares Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:55 am

after two major storms on the east coast and a country with myriad problems, the first lady’s dress is not on the top of my list of concerns. had she gone out and spent thousands on a new frock, everyone would be tweeting that she’s a spoiled princess — let’s focus on what’s important! ya think?

23. Donnell Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:55 am

I personally did not notice and do not care what she wears. However, I think Anna makes a very good point and totally agree.

24. Paula B Gripes Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:57 am

After such an “edge of the chair” election nite, many of us had only one thing on our minds – the outcome of the election. As far as I’m concerned, the girls looked adorable, Michelle looked stunning and their Father/Husband had just won the Presidential election. This was not the Michelle show. It was all about him and the wishes of the American people. Michelle wasn’t running for office. My excitement will be peaked on what she wears on the great day her Husband, the President, is sworn in . I feel proud that she was more concerned about her children and her Husbands election. She was focused.

25. Barbara Phillips Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:57 am

I think Michelle is a far better person for not thinking of “what” dress she would wear. Just proves she is a more middle class than the other lady who didn’t win.

26. JoleneAL Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:58 am

Why is this news of any sort? Most of us struggling to put food on the table and having to get clothes from Goodwill for our kids and selves are put off with the flashy clothes the first lady wears that cost more than I make in one month at my temp job.

27. Mary Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:58 am

An astute move politically and probabaly personally — unless you’re in the very top tier financially we’ve all had to ratchet down. She looked great, seemed comfortable and am sure we can all look forward to something great at the Inaugration.

If only all this attention would go into telling our House Reps they need to get sane re the budget, feeding the hungry, fixing immingration — pick one.

28. Ann Trabucco Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Who among us has not worn the same thing twice unless you are filthy rich (like Ann Romney).
    I am not ashamed to say I have worn the same dress twice, especially if you love the dress.
    Michelle Obama has her priorities in place.

29. Kathy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

The media would complain if she spent money on a new dress and now the media complains because she is being fugal. What’s up with that? The middle class wears the same clothes over again why can’t the first lady rather than spend money on a new one.

30. Elizabeth Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I am very pleased that the First lady looked well dressed and looked well. As to the dress being worn more than once…I think it bodes well for Michelle Obama to be secure enough being who she is, a strong woman, to wear a dress she wore before. It is not the dress that makes a person, but a person makes the dress. And as to Anna’s comment…election night could not be compared to a second wedding, it can only be compared to renewal of the vows, therefore not wearing a new dress is quite appropriate if one chooses so.

31. Janet Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Anna, What is your point? Read between what lines? Are you saying you are against her wearing the dress again? I can’t make heads or tails of your comment….

32. Love 4 Mrs. O. Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Anna, do YOU remember the last time you saw her in that dress? I sure don’t.

33. Berta Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Why do people have to be so nit picky with these little issues. She can wear what she wants. Who cares if someone thinks she’s been played. This first Lady shops at Target and you can’t wrap it around in your mind that maybe she didn’t want to put on a $800 or $900 dollar dress get over this BS Read this between the lines. And if I looked good in the dress I wore to the first wedding I’d wear it to the second.

34. Belinda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

OMG… really? The first lady wore a ‘dress’ she has worn previously, not a ‘wedding dress’ she has worn previously. And, she looked awesome by-the-way… I appreciated it actually. No matter how hard you try, the first family IS more like us (average Americans) than not.
    Read between these lines; Michelle Obama has been outstanding, and will continue to be. Future’s bright :)

35. LaWanda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, some people Rent Wedding Dresses and Tux to wear on their Wedding Day. There is nothing wrong with her wearing ANYTHING more than once. She didn’t have time, she’s not trying to make a statement. If you’ve been paying attention these last 4 years you would have known that this is nothing knew. Michelle is down to earth regardless of if you like it or not. It is what it is. Some people were just raised right, not to be all high in mighty no matter what wealth or success you have. God can take it away from you just as fast as he gave it to you. Keep that in mind people!!!!!

36. Janet Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Oh, and I thought she looked perfectly beautiful, as she always does.

37. beth clarke Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I could not care less what that COW wears she looks like a cow in anything. what the heck do we care anyway, yea she is reall down to earth. They have not hit the ground in 4 years. Why should they, they are living the impossible dream and they know it. a president who never wrote a check for an employee, how could he when he never rn any company. A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER, I still don’t know what that means???????????/

38. chris Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I’m sorry. Am I missing something here? What is the problem?
    I wear my clothes more than once. Is that a problem? How this issue bring news?

Don’t we have better things to worry about at the moment than “hey I wonder what is she going to wear?”

In what kind of society do we live in, for Pete’s Sake?

Do we really need to buy new clothes every time we go out, really?

What a stupid society? THIS SOCIETY IS FULL OF MORONS!!!

39. Suzy Q Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Honestly? Who cares what Michelle Obama wears? She would be ugly in whatever choice she made.

40. RITA Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF THIS. I’M GOING TO THROW UP

41. Avon Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I admire her for the example she’s giving the American woman. One doesn’t have to be the envy of every other woman to be happy. Michelle has always put others first. It is this attribute that lets the average woman know that dressing in clothes that cost thousands of dollars or having a new outfit for every occasion does not make one a better person. Only a vain fool has to outshine everyone else! Those who have little to work with can be comfortable wearing whatever they have. If the President’s wife is doing it, why not they?!
    She kept the spotlight where it belonged. On her husband.

And what does a second wedding have to do with a second term as President? Same man. Same Husbamd. Priorities ARE in order.

Where’s yours Anna?

42. Susan Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I think that Mrs. Obama understands the old adage that “clothes do not make the man” or in her case woman. If she wore the same “clean” dress everyday, it is her business. There was a time when that was the norm and not the exception. The fact that some are so concern with what she wears is an indication of shallowness. Her first job and obligation is to her family. What you think or don’t think about her is irrelevant. She was more concerned about her duties as a mother and a wife.

43. Montessahall Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Kate Middleton wore a dress to her class reunion this week that she had worn before in public. Times have changed folks…No one cares about this stuff anymore. I applaud the First Lady for
    showing the same values with regards to fashion as most American women. Very few of us wear a new dress for every occassion. The only folks upset about this are the designers! lol

44. Sherry Vargo-Rolo Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:28 pm

When we are experiencing financial problems in this country, I am happy to see our first lady is re concerned about dressing clean and neat and setting an example that maybe we american ladies need to realize that it is out with the old rules and in with new practical ones. Most of us now shop for bargains in thrift shops and resales and still look great. Michelle is a strong, lovely, well mannered lady who cares about people, not whether she is setting a standard for expensive fashions. She is striving for health and well being and thethings that really matter, not the dress. Michelle, you are a woman of Proverbs 31- blessings upon you. Get over it, you highbrows!

45. Cindy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Big deal Michelle Obama wore a dress that she had worn before, get a life people, I think she looked sharp but she really looks good in red.

46. Shawn Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

who really gives a crap? I am supposed to be impressed because the queen of “Taking advantage” of the “Perks” is so “Common” that she can re-wear a dress….. for crying out loud.

47. alice montano Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

get a clue liberals. shse never does justice to dress.have you seen her yelling at the pulpit, just like her husband. you will all see what you have wraught, sad thing is the rest of us will have to do the same

48. Linda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

She should have worn a new dress.

49. Rhapsody Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Pay no attention to the naysayers. They would be complaining if she had bought a new dress, and they complain if she doesn’t. They despise the president and his family (and probably all liberals), and no amount of pandering to them in her dress selection would have pleased them. They could think she looked fabulous in this dress and was respectful of the recession in choosing to wear it again and they’d still spew a mouthful of garbage about her.

50. US TIMES Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

When are we going to cannonize the Obamas. Can’t do anything wrong…except run our country into the ground. Off to Thailand while half of New York and Jersey wait for electricity.

Disgusting.

51. dedrea Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Wearing the same dress twice is like saying “I make the dress, the dress does not make me”

52. janet Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

The fact that she wore a dress that she has worn before (in public) was definitely intentional. The intent was to show that she’s “one of us” and is conservative with her spending.
    Michelle has been criticized in the past for spending taxpayers money on lavish vacations. If she wants the public to know that she isn’t going to to that any more, that’s great!! Hope to see that dress again and again.
    Candidates hire campaign managers to help them with what to wear and how to act in public. This was no exception. If you think she grabbed something out of her closet on the day of of the election, you’re naive. This was planned out WEEKS ago.
    Let’s hope she keeps it up when out of the public eye too.

53. Loretta Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

You have got to be kidding. Haters will always find something to dislike about Michelle Obama. she is a class act. We all wear things over again except our wedding dress and the person who made that comment is an idiot!!!
    leave this woman alone. she is one of the most down to earth First ladies we have ever had. All sour grapes.

54. Tabitha Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Aren’t clothes meant to be worn more than once?

55. Bonjour Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:02 pm

@Trisha Tybor…what the hell are you talking about saying the first lady wants to be like kate middleton? middleton re-wore her dress after the first lady on thursday. first lady re-wore her dress tuesday. it wasn’t even necessary for you to try and compare the two bc there is no damn comparison. the first lady will never be seen on magazine covers with her breasts exposed. what you need to hope for is that in the next 20 years kate will still have her man…she’s a new broom but they all get old after a while.

56. Jen Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Does Barack only wear his suits once?

57. Sunnie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:02 pm

A big thumbs up to those of you who agrees to it being ok for Mrs Obama wearing the same dress twice. Shes not trying to win a fashion show!!Shes setting a great example for us that its not all about what you are wearing!!! She’s a classy lady regardless of what she has on! Get a life people!Elizabeth & Shanta & felipa all Said it best!!! Good greif people, stop Hating and get a LIFE !!!

58. H.T. Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Why are we having this conversation?

59. L Lucas Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Who cares that she wore a previously worn dress??? Ladies, we all do this! She looked great in it! Who cares about how many times she wore it??? GROW UP PEOPLE!!!

60. Francesca Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Really? This is an issue? Honestly, I didn’t even remember that dress until the news made a big deal out of it. I think what she proves is that like all of us, she doesn’t have an unlimited clothes budget and lives within her means which obviously means she has to a dress once more then once. I can’t even tell you the last time I bought a new dress…oh wait, last year for my nephew’s wedding.

61. kt Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I think Ty said it all and said it best.

62. Veronica Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

@Trisha Tybor, WHO in the hell wants to be Kate Middleton?

63. V Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Un-f’n-believable. This is what we worry about!? WHO CARES??

64. sheri Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

People, we are worried about changing the economy, about affordable healthcare and creating a country that our children will be proud to live in. Do I really give a damn how many times she wore the dress!!! As always she was beautiful!!

65. Denise Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Let’s all pray that she shows as much economical restraint when spending our money on her vacations. Besides its not her money she spends on clothes. The designers give them to her. So please don’t give her credit for her thriftiness

66. sheri Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:11 pm

@Beth!! I’m sorry you are so BITTER!! Do you need a hug!!!!

67. Gloria Boresoff Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Buena por Michele. Ella es una real mujer que muy poco le importa el que diran o pensaran respecto a la forma de vestirse, no se trata de lucir como una reina sino como la esposa del Presidente y como tal lo hizo muy bien.Por que aparentar opulencia? o querer opacar el momento mas importante en la vida de su esposo? Ella se enfoco en ser la esposa no en ser el centro de atencion. Hurra por ella.! Lo hiciste muy bien Michele.

68. sunshine Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Anna and Beth you are both morons for making such rude comments about our first lady. To Beth Clark you dont know what a cow look like. You should look into a mirrow to see what a cow looks like!! Mrs Obama set a great example wearing a dress more than 1st on national tv. that said a lot in its self about her as a person. You go First Lady!

69. LK Hudder Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

As many people have commented, it was about The President. Not about her dress. She was very right to re-wear a dress. It shows her down to earth attitude. A good example for her daughters and all of the women of USA.
    We all need to be more conscious of how we spend money. Yea Michelle!

70. Cinda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Oh my God! I love Mrs. President Obama, just for wearing the same dress in Public more than one time. She has made me feel that I too can wear the same dress or jean & T-shirt more than once when I go outside my house. She is a real LADY, and She is so confident, and a great leader. I served many years in the U.S. Navy, and I am so Proud of our President and His Family. Mrs. President Obama is the first true FIRST LADY THAT EARNESTLY LOVES PEOPLE, ALL PEOPLE, AND SHE AND HER HUSBAND AND GIRLS ARE VERY RESPECTIBLE TOWARD ALL NATIONALITIES, HERE ON THE MAINLAND AND IN AROUND THE WORLD.. I am a white Lady, (French & AMerican Indian) from California, and Hawaii (Oahu). I am ashamed to be living in a RED STATE, truely. I love you and I love the world and all religions. We all have the Same G_d just worship differently.

71. Ilo Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

This is a lesson to those of you who go to the store to get what you cannot afford, wear it, and return it for your money. You want to look good when you cannot afford it, and then deceive that innocent person. Michelle proves that it is okay to be normal.

72. Bonnie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

WOW and we should be concerned. She look beautiful and it is nobody’s business how many times she wears an outfit. Some people really need to get a life!!

73. Tom Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Michelle Obama could wear a cardboard box with string and still be hot. The woman is beautiful and has class.

74. K Corkran Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Why the media makes such a big deal out of an unimportant thing adds only to the stupidity of those who printed it.

75. Zoey Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

@Chris…a bit angry are we? Very few of our Presidents ever ran a country..i.e. Clinton, Nixon, JFK, LBJ and some ran companies into the ground ie. GWB….and for the most part, all presidents are living the impossible dream! Sounds like you could use a “community Organizer” in your life!

76. b. romaine Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

she has no sense of style, wouldn’t matter what she wore

77. Pat Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

beth clarke, with her lower level thinking, to be disrespectful to the “First Lady” speak a lot for you. SHAME SHAME. Have some diginity about yourself and who you call a cow. The “First Lady” would never insult as you have.

78. Rhonda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Who gives a crap what she wears….tell them to keep their asses at home and QUIT wasting the taxpayers money running all over the world for the hell of it AND just because they are Muslim and Muslims think dogs are “dirty” so the dog has to fly on a seperate plane…leave the dog home or take him along. AND yea, try again to tell us their are not Muslims. LOL.

79. Jayne Moore Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

She looks great and yes I would wear a dress twice to a function like this. Especially one as expensive as this one. She wasn’t going to a ball and we did not elect her. So I think she did just great.

80. bonnie allsup Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

just shows she is not spending money like all the others did she is down to earth how many of us wear our clothes one time do we ask the president if his suit is new evrytime he goes in front of the cameras if they bought new clothes everyday then people would bitch about how much money they spend

81. Ellen Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

If the first lady wore the same dress or dresses to the second inaugration,so what. The only people that might really care are the designers that charge an arm & both legs for a dress they hope is only worn once!

82. Lucy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Anna – get your priorities straight; and Michelle is a classy lady even if she was wearing a potato sack. Read between what lines?? you make no sense.

83. MAC Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Whoever noticed that Michelle wore this dress more than once, I guess doesnot have a life. As for the comment about her looking like a COW, I guess that person has not bothered to check all the other first lady’s who clearly were bigger COWS. As for the community organizer comment, president Obama could have gone to any law firm and made a ton of money, instead he chose to work in a community and help. Imagine Mitt giving up millions to help others. He is probably redoing his 2011 returns to take advantage of the contrbutions he didnot include. As for the wedding dress comment, most women can’t wear their first wedding dress a second time, because it won’t fit. Poor Ann, she was probably crying her eyes out because she had already picked her inaugural dress.

84. nita Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Mrs. Obama’s dress is unimportant; however, she could help our economy by not making so many internation trips (vacations)!!!

85. Linda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Who made it a rule that Women have to wear something different each and every time they attend a public function?!?!? Men aren’t “required” do that!
    Get over it people, there are more important things on the First Lady’s mind and I say BRAVO to her no matter what her reasons are!

86. Roe Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

She looked as beautiful as ever and I said You Go Girl! If she went out and bought a new dress, then some would be bitching about her spending more money. Face it, in some peoples eyes she can’t win. I for one felt it was the perfect choice and she looked as always perfect. and it does seem to be a lucky dress for the whole family and I for one voted once again for her Husband.

87. Ida Turner Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Michelle is a very intelligent lady. She is sure of herself without needing expressed comments from others. She thinks only of what she desires to wear as an expression of herself at any one time or moment. All women have a special dress or outfit that fits any moment that they choose not to deliberate on. This was the “First Lady’s ” special dress, which she wears well. She is an “independent” lady.

88. Cyn Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

M Obama looks awful in anything she wears. It’s hard to make a very unattractive woman look good even if she is wearing nice clothes. She needs a face transplant for starters and then maybe lose about 50 pounds and lastly lose that ugly evil scowl off her face. The ugliest First Lady we’ve ever had.

89. Ruthie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Beth, your calling a bright, intelligent, charming woman a derogatory & inappropriate name tells nothing about her & everything about you. And what it tells about you is sordid.

90. Eddee Smith Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

beth clark,you are MORON,stand in front of a moving 18 wheeler ASAP!!!

91. mary Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

First of all I hate that this is a issue that has been taken up by media of any kind. Some people are going to dislike the dress or the reason or the size or the color or the style or the person wearing it no matter what. Too much spent, too little spent, not thinking about the nation, thinking too much about the nation and on and on. Pres. Obama won the election, Michelle is the first lady, Kudos to them both. P.S. I like the dress too.

92. Gina Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Michelle and the girls always look nice, but I can’t understand why they don’t wear Red or Blue on these occasions. I don’t mean the American Flag, but some patriotic colors would be nice to see. After all, most Americans dress for big occasions, and they just aren’t getting it. Neither at the Innauguration, or this Election night. Sasha did have a blue skirt on, but instead of accessorizing it with some red, she wore a purple belt. Melia wore green?? What is up with that? Great dress for St. Patty’s day…I’m sure they all had something in America’s colors that could have been recycled. Michelle looks beautiful in any color, and I have seen her in some nice RED dresses. It just befuddles me…

93. Beverly Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

For the love of God what difference does the First Lady wearing the dress more than once in public there are far more important issues that should be our concerns. She is A beautiful woman and a wife and mother and I’m sure that she was more concerned about the welfare of her husband and children than she was about how the American people will feel about her wearing a dress she has already worn. There should that kind of concern for the children who will go to bed hungry tonight.

94. Julianne Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

who cares what she wore, new or recycled. LET’S SEE HER DOWNGRADE HER RIDUCULOSLY EXPENSIVE VACATIONS…..

95. kelly Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Kate Middleton is doing the same thing. To to frugal and show it’s wasteful to constantly be buying new cloths. Who started this rule that you can’t wear the same outfit twice. Maybe she considers it to be her ‘lucky’ dress.

96. Jill Licata Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

he is a beautiful woman no matter what she wears…people are so picky..don’t know what to complain about next..just chill out people

97. Lynn Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

@Beth Clark. A COW??? She is a beautiful lady and carries herself beautifully also. A COW??? It sounds to me like you are just plain jealous. What check did any of the other President’s write you? If you didn’t CARE then your simple a** wouldn’t be on here making simple comments.

98. Frankie Lou Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Really, this is what we have to be concerned about??? He rocks, she rocks, and now their will be four more years to show it…

99. Michele Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

This is what passes for news? We’re doomed.

100. Norma Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Here’s an answer for Beth Clark. He’s a Harvard graduate who cared more about the state of his community, the lives of those who live in that community to turn his skills, attention and education to help make things better. That takes courage, compassion and caring. He’s moved on to being the community organizer of the community that is the United States and the world at large. Pretty awesome…..some people really do care to put their best skills, skills and education to work for the bettermrnt of others. Just another perspective.

101. punkin Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Who cares?!?!?!?!?!?

102. RunTellThatToo! Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

@Trisha Tybor: Get the truth and facts correct along with a 2012 calendar. First Lady Michelle Obama wore her “same” dress on Tuesday night. Kate Middleton wore her “same” dress on Thursday night. Your hateful spirit is calling you out.
    @Anna: Girl, go somewhere, sit down and curl up with a good self-help book–read between those lines with a pair of discernment glasses.
    @Perdita: You’ve been watching too many episodes of Honey Boo-boo Child with that ranting thesis you made up!

103. Marty Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

….. are comments like this made on what the men wear? I’m even questioning why I am wasting my time commenting.

104. Shannon Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I can’t believe that this is even an issue. I hope she wears that dress 8 or 10 more times. I can’t afford one Michael Kors dress. So if my money is going to buy another one I sure would like it to be mine. Michael Kors dresses are not cheap. I am a registered democrat, I go to work 40 hours a week, and I voted for Obama!!

105. j Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:53 pm

OH MY GOD … I CAN SAY I’VE FINALLY SEEN A PIG WITH LIPSTICK ON!!!

106. sarah turmel Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I admire Michelle for not being so vain, as to think it was all about her. It was about her husband, and our country. There is nothing wrong with wearing the same dress twice. Our country has become so extremely vain and self centered. There are millions of people on this planet. we are not the only ones. Get over it!

107. r Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Love Sashia’s necklace…Harry Winston, Van Cleef & Arpels, Woolworth’s (perhaps). No wonder daddy hates people with money. His fam goes for non-hi-faluttin!!!

108. Aida Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

The first lady wore an American Designer Dress more than once. You IDIOTS would prefer that she buy an expensive european’s designer outfit worth a ton of money so that she can follow the former first ladies? This woman is real and not into status quo. Wearing the dress again, Mrs. Obama lets us know that you get us. It’s about family and setting an example to not be stupid like these for show nobodys who only want to wear the latest styles and show the world how glamourous they are because….that is all there is!!! This is a woman of substance and heart. We love you Mrs. Obama!!!!

109. WSC Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I adore First Lady Obama and think that she looked BEAUTIFUL in her dress. It’s refreshing to see that she is just like the vast majority of us who recycle our clothing, so I’m not sure what the big deal is.

110. Adrienne Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Who cares how many times she wore that dress… She is still one of the most classiest & intelligent woman in the public. And trust for those people who are making such a big deal….we all know she can a brand new dress for every 365 day sof the year. And I agree it makes her appear more down to earth than ever before. GO!!! Michelle Obama…You Rock!!!! And again, there are for more issues in the world than someone repeating an outfit. We all repeat outfits one time or another…and for those who don’t…then Obama those are the people taxes you should be cutting because they must be rich. Thank You.

111. HORSEFLY Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Can’t we just see Nancy Reagan wearing the same dress twice even! Of coarse, they were all borrowed but forgotten to be returned!!! Surely Nancy planted a garden too, but the news just failed to report all her good accompolishments.

Who gives a big rats behind what she wears!!!!!

112. Diana Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I think it’s awesome. Does any woman need a new dress for EVERY occasion in this economy??? I think she was sending a very wise message. ” Yes even the First Lady wears dresses more than once!!!

113. Nancy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Come on, it was a carefully crafted game she was playing…..saying “Look at me, I am just an ordinary little citizen like you….wearing the same outfit twice.” We all know they think they are somewhere in the stratosphere high about us normal folks

114. Linda June Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:14 pm

no problem wearing a dress more than once, but that style looks just horrible on her. She is too tall to wear those shrugs and that waist-ed dress really makes her look very short waist-ed. I deal in fashion every day. Why won’t people just tell her!! Also, the color for an evening like that is so off. She needed solids, red, black, blue, not purple and green! looks like a big flower is trying to spring from her. I’m sure she’s been told, and I’m sure she is too stubborn to listen.

115. DEE Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

WHO cares what she wears, I don’t care what she wears. I wear my clothes more than once, BUT I DON”T HAVE MILLIONS TO SPEND ON A DRESS. If I pay $50 it is special. She should wear all of her dresses more than once with the economy the way it is. BUT the OBAMA’s don’t care how much money they spend, WE PAY FOR IT. I hope this doesn’t surprise you taxpayers.

116. Marty Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

OH, ANNA, are you a bitter Romney supporter?
    What a stupid comparison to make.She was being the solid, down to earth woman she’s shown herself to be.
    How in heavens name can you compare recycling a dress to wearing the same wedding dress in a 2nd wedding? Of course I’d wear my original dress to renew my vows to my wonderful husband. In my eyes, she was in a way renewing vows to be our
    ‘First Lady’ for a 2nd term, needing to impress no one, but yet impressing w/o even trying.
    She’s a classy lady all the way!!!

117. mindyzumba Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I think she looked beautiful, as did the whole family.

118. eve Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Detractors, people calling her names (beth, anna), must have real serious personal issues with themselves. Fact is, Michele Obama is a regular person, like most of us and like most of us, think of our love ones and what matters more than ourselves. We call it Love

119. Jerry Banks Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

16,000+ children die daily from hunger or hunger-related diseases and we have people here worried about what dress FLOTUS wears. SMDH

120. Belinda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Awesome! Can she cut back on spending so much for her wardrobe and vacations? America is 16Trillion in debt, we should all have to cut back including the Obamas since taxpayers pick up the tab for them.

How about they right a check back to the taxpayers?

121. Shar Knifer Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

You surely can see who is Republican in these comments. The point is about a dress, not political status. I feel so much better knowing she’s not spending our hard earned money on new clothes. I never noticed what she was wearing and have never seen it before. lol I’m sure she has something for the inaugration tucked away in her closet. Who cares, anyway?

122. aly Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

People are starving, dying, and unemloyed and we’re supposed to give a shit again what she wore? Give me a break. No wonder Americans are dumb as rocks.

123. Sabrina Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I love it! I think she sends a strong message in these hard economic times – that’s it’s OK to wear the same outfit twice. I love her style. It takes strength to do that. She not trying to be another one else and I absolutely love that about her.

124. Jane Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

She looks very nice, she didn’t spend any money on a new dress, and her husband won…..what’s the problem?

125. jm williams Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Beth, i assume you are a high fashion model, size zero. even they look crazy in some of their get-ups. listen, i agree with most of what has already been said. what we wear should not convey who we are. the Obama dream is a POSSIBLE dream!! If the President has not written a payroll check has nothing to do with his intellect, courage and compassion for our country.

have you thought about re-locating? if so, take newt and the donald, please.

126. doris Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

first lady michelle has more class than any of these naysayers and she owes no explanation to anyone as to what she wears when or where. she is just a beautiful lady both inside and outside. God bless her and her family.

127. Trisha Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I don’t call it recycling. She has a dress she likes and she has wore it more than once. I am should before being the president’s wife she wore the same clothers all the time out in public. I wouldn’t even like to buy a nice dress if the requirements was you could only wear it once. And for the person who made the state about wearing the same wedding dress that is not the same thing no I would not wear the same wedding to marry two different men but if I was having a renewal ceremony with my husband I would probably want to wear the same dress because it brought me good luck the first time.

128. Camellia Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

The life of a Mother/Wife.. Never have Enough time for ourselves! 1st Lady looked great and has more important things to do and worry about than a “Dress”! Come on now, Please move on to bigger and better issues. Thanks :)

129. Bea Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

It really doesn’t matter as most have stated. Who notices. She looks like a regular person, who actually does wear the same thing more than once. If she purchased a new dress they would of criticized her spending too much money on her wardrobe. Please, did anyone check to see if she has worn the same underwear more than once?

130. Dianne Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

How petty that you who voted for the wrong canidate, have to resort to stupid remarks about the first lady’s dress……….try not to show such ignorance!!

131. Joy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I say, “You go, Michelle!” It’s one of many reasons I like and admire her so much. I’m proud she is such a down-to-earth lady who is also a woman of class and compassion. It’s not the outward adorning but the inward spirit of love and kindness that matter. Michelle has outward beauty, because her inward beauty always shines through!!!

132. NOBAMA Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

THIS COMMMIE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEARING DRAB GREEN

133. joy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Okay, since you asked, I will tell you one more time, # 66! . . . They’re (not “their”) not Muslims. P.S. Although you didn’t ask me to correct your spelling, I did so to prove how nice and accommodating we Democrats can be!

134. NOCOMMIE Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

SHE SHOULD BE WEARING A PRISON GOWN FOR PATIENT DUMPING IN CHICAGO.

135. BJ Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Who cares?

136. AnneG Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

This is nothing new from Mrs Obama. She is an everyday woman who knows her priorities. I have seen her worn different clothing more than once. As a matter of fact her youngest daughter was wearing an oufit previously worn by her older daughter. This goes to show she is no different from most of us. Good for her.

137. Anna in Maine Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Come on people, get your priorities straight!!!! Do you think the people whose homes were destroyed in hurricane Sandy care that Michelle Obama wore a dress she’d worn before!!!! Let’s concentrate on the big things and let the little ones go!! Why shouldn’t a person in the public eye wear an outfit more than once; who cares except the people who have nothing better to do!! Kudos to Michelle!!

138. Sickened Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

She looks like a tax dollar sucking twit who loves terrorists more than she loves the USA. You can dress a turd up, but once a turd always a turd…I wonder if she would float?

139. Yolonda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Michelle makes her clothing, her clothing don’t make her. We feel that people in the public eye should always have something new and flashy on every time we see them. She was a very busy woman out on the ground helping her husband keep his job. I’m sure that in the not so distant future we will she her in a beautiful ball gown. Congrats to the Obamas!

140. Anonymous Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:20 pm

It makes me laugh that so many people really believe she wore this dress because she is “so down to earth, thinking about the economy” etc. Wake up people… it’s all about the game of good politics. People seem to forget this family is living in the White House, kids in private school, taking vacations, and all those priviliged things in life, while so many people in this country don’t have jobs, or enough money to buy food or shelter. The last thing she needs to do is wear a dress twice. It was a tactical move to make people THINK exactly like you all are. I have more respect for someone like Nancy Reagan who had poise, grace and class wearing a new dress to celebrate the victory of her husband’s election. She didn’t have to PRETEND to the public.

141. Jean Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Betcha the President wore that suit on more than one occassion, too. I shop at thrift stores and hold on to my clothes as long as possible. It doesn’t make sense to have a closet full of clothes when I can make sure my rent is paid and my lights are on and my grandbabies have something to eat. I do yard sales, so do my neighbors – we exchange junk and have fun. It’s up to the American people to love one another and set precendents during hard times and we do. The First Lady is setting a good example during tough economic times. She doesn’t have the “Let them eat cake” attitude, she is mindful of what she does and what people may be going through.

142. Betty Dean Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I can’t beleive that peoples are worring about fashions. I diden’t notice the dress, i was too happy for the win. But who cares? as long as she looked ok. and whatever she wears is ok and looks great. It is just like when Gabby Douglas won, people talking about her hair. stop being so stupid. Michelle was knocking on doors and campaigning that day. who had time to worry about fashion.She had a future to be concerned about.

143. kahemet Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Good for her. So what, if she wears the same dress one hundred times. If she likes it, and it looked great, what is the point? I admire her for standing up and choosing dresses that are right for her, and that she can re-cycle and change them up. Good for her. Can’t think of anything else to complain about, so now it it is the dress she wore. Get a life.

144. Rose C. Liwag Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

On Mrs. Michell Obama’s election night dress:
    I find it very simple but elegant, and the color has a shade of happiness & victory (maroon from RED).

It doesn’t matter if she has worn it many times. We do not know if THAT DRESS has sentimental meaning to her. Maybe, it’s her favorite & she loves wearing it
    . It shows her simplicity. Maybe, one trait Pres. Obama loves about her aside from her internal & external beauty. The most important is:Mrs. Michelle Obama is FULL SUPPORT (with TLC) to her husband who happened to be the President of the United States. Good day.

145. Pamela Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Haters plz top hating.O do understand that alot of fools are made that obama won.They are frre to run their mouth,that won’t change the fact that my brother obama won.
    I wear what ever dress i want and how many times I wish.As long as it’s clean ,it’s no ones business.Why don’t all haters go head their fat ass and shapeless heads on the wall…………….Obama and 1st lady are the hood now.Pamela

146. Shannon Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

When the economy falls to pieces, her dress will be the last thing on our minds!!!

147. JEANNETTE ROBINSON Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I am not believing this, everybody is raging over Michele wearing a dress she has worn previous.It wasn’t about Michele it was abou her husband. People et a life.

148. PATRICIA Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

GET A LIFE CAUSE WHATEVER SHE WEARS MAKES HER LOOKS GREAT,CAUSE THAT SISTER CAN DRESS,SO TOO ALL THE HATERS IN THE NATION GET SOME BUSINESS!MITT WIFE BROUGHT A NEW DRESS I GUESS BUT JUST GOT A CHANCE TO WEAR IT ON STAGE TO THE LOSER SPEECH!SO FIRST LADY MICHELL OBAMA WEAR YOUR DRESS AN KEEP THE ANNOINTED ON YOU ALL LIPS!AGAIN CONGRADULATION!

149. Sue Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Awesome! I think it takes class and confidence to do that. Seriously, the public thinks she needs to wear a different outfit every time???

150. rachel Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

She is saving her self for the expensive vacations she’s going to take with her friends in the next 4 years on our tax dollars…

History repeats it’s self… BUT THIS WHY SO SOON!

Here’s to a 4 year hangover. IF WE THE USA makes it through

151. ILA Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:15 pm

COME ON NOW!!!!! SHE LOOKED GREAT! DON’T HATE,APPRECIATE!!!! I’m just happy that she is STILL OUR FIRST LADY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT OBAMA AND FAMILY!!! YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!!

152. whiteman Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:18 pm

unreal fucking nigger wins such a rigged election wonder how many more BLACK HISTORY MONTH S WE WILL HAVE NOW …FUCKING JOKEEEEEEEEEEE..FUCK U OBAMA AND UR GODAMN NIGGER CUNT ASS MONKEY LOOKING WIFE!!

153. Martha Graves Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:23 pm

When Mrs. Lincoln wanted to buy new china for the White House during the Civil War, President Lincoln said no; it was too frivalous for the somber times in which they lived. I believe Mrs. Obama was “making a statement” that, in these times when so many people are hurting, to appear in a new expensive designer dress was not wise. Both she and her husband show sensitivity time and time again, which is why they enjoy credibility with so many American citizens.

154. Tonya Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:27 pm

My goodness doesn’t the world have more important issues than what the first lady wore. First it was a big deal with her doing push up’s….as if there’s something wrong with the FIRST LADY doing push up’s. Come on people grow up.

155. Vicki Cooper Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Just working the people, “Let them eat cake”….

156. Maria Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

jm williams:
    Love your comments….and most whole heartdley agree with you! I didn’t watch election night, but am glad the Obama’s are going to be with us another 4 years. Whatever happens happens in politics, and has nothing to do with fashion. I admire Michelle very much, and yes she is very down to earth….no high and mighty glamour here! Anna, wedding dress????? Are you for real???? Beth, COW????? Really???? You ladies need to learn a valuable lesson here by reading these positive comments! Get a grip ladies, politics is not about fashion……..

157. VintageandRustic Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Here’s the thing, what the hell does her dress has to do with anything? I voted for Obama the 1st & 2nd time, and would do it again. Voting for him isn’t saying he did everything he said he was going to do, but I really wish people would look at the facts. Both Sr. & Jr. Bush each put the US in debt, Sr. by a little over 7 trill, and Jr. just under 10 trill. It tool Clinton 8 years to clean up Sr.’s 7 trill and leave office with a 3 trill surplus. Jr. came in office, lost the 3 trill surplus and after 8 years left office with 9,229,172,659,218.31 in debt. Now if you add Clinton’s surplus he lost that’s a total of 12,229,172,659,218.31. Our total debt as of right now is 16,245,318,820,569.34. If you subtract Jr.’s debt of 12,229,172,659,218.31. from our current debt of 16,245,318,820,569.34. it’s a difference of 4,016,146,161,351.03 compared to Jr’s 7,122,841,728,666.17 during his first four years. I really wish people would stop telling this lie that Obama has put us in more debt than all presidents combined because it’s not true. People may “feel” or “believe” Obama isn’t for them, but I heard Romney say in more ways than one that he was flat out not for people like me. My mom is deceased, and I am working on my MBA, how am I going to borrow money from her to pay for school, go to her grave? Last, I don’t know how much respect I have for a woman that has never worked a day in her life when my mom had to work 3 jobs at one point in her life. I don’t want to vote for someone because they have a great smile, I want to vote for someone who can relate to me, who’s struggles consist of them having to fly coach instead of first class because they had to take a last minute flight and there were no seats left. That’s not a struggle. Or someone who has to be taught how to sit on a bar stool because his faith don’t allow him to drink. If he has all that money and his wife has the great taste I think she does, there is no way they don’t have bar stools in their kitchen as furniture.

158. Yokie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

and what is a recycle dress? Everybody where the samething over and over again and again. I know I do, and if had the money I like she do I would wear what I have in my closet. I rather save money for something else thats more important than clothes. People need to stop acting like they don’t wear their same clothes more than 10x and year after year. GET YOUR LIFE!!

159. Sharee Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

First Lady Michelle Obama looked fabulous!! Enough said!!

160. fk Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Did u wants her to spend money to buy new dress while she wasnt sure if her Husband was gonna win!! use ur commom sense.

161. Evelyn Eby Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I think she is great and I’m glad she doesn’t get a new dress for all occasions. I hope we’ll see the beautiful dress she wore for her speech at the Democratic convention again. If I wore a different dress for every occasion, I’d be ashamed of myself.

162. RubyRubySea Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I think that Our First Lady always looks wonderful but especially with her successful President/Husband right beside her. The same man who adores her completely and totally. She could wear Old Navy and I would remain abundantly impressed.

163. swazanna Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Can’t stand the Obamas, but kudos to her for wearing the dress more than once, for Pete’s sake. She’s renowned for her extravagance; does this prove she’s making an effort to get in touch with the everyday reality of ordinary Americans? Hardly – Mme. Zillionaire Wouldn’t have a clue about that. But it’s a step in the right direction, at least.

164. boixtoix Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I (unlike virtually every one of you) have just read each and every post written here. What a redundant, shallow bunch of fools. Hopefully not the hallmark of another four years. And I DID vote for Barack.

165. Brenda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Classy Lady, has a mind of her own. Just love her and the President, and their Children.

166. mary Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Who ever wrote about this didn’t have anything else to write about. Who care. Also, the person that said Michelle was a cow,No. 37 well maybe she look like the BULL.

167. Madelaide Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

The First Lady is not self-absorbed!

168. Anne Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Maybe it was a last minute thing – maybe it was calculated. Either way, Mrs. Obama is an impressive woman, and she’s teaching her daughters by example (and maybe lots of kids out there) that more matters than outward appearance and clothes. By the way – don’t look – Does anyone recall what color tie her husband had on?

169. suebear Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

You know It’s so sad how some people judge others, so what if she wore the same dress twice. That’s what real people do. Why buy something and wear it once, that shows how silly you are grow up . God bless Michell& family( We Love You)God Bless America

170. Freda Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Michell can take a sheet and work with it that’s how good she is,with style, you go girl, because you are a real woman, wife,and mother let your light shine( we love the {Obama’s)

171. lwinlc Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Go, Mrs. Obama! Your head is screwed on right!!!!

172. Nora Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Who said Michelle is no Kate Middleton? I thank God she’s not Middleton, kate is a hussy. Michelle is a classy Intelligent First Lady.

173. Morgan Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:50 pm

If I looked that good in a dress I would have a bakers dozen and wear nothing else.

First of all where did anyone get the idea that clothes couldn’t be worn more than once. Does anyone notice how often Obama or Romney wore the same suit?

If someone is so bored and have enough time that they can actually keep up with what Michelle wears and how often I would strongly suggest they get a job, or volunteer somewhere to get involved something that has meaning and is a positive influence in this world. Do people REALLY care about this.

174. mary Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Why do we care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

175. susan Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

YAWN!!!!

176. Kathryn Peoples Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

If we count from a year and a half before the first election and we want Michelle to wear something different every time she is seen in public and she is seen once per day, that would be 3468 different appearances. Since there are also several appearances in a day many times, that could come out to way over 10,0000 appearances. Do we want an Imelda Marcos in the White House with dresses instead of shoes? Where do you suggest we keep those dresses? Anna hasn’t a clue! EVERYONE wears their clothes more than once. Why should Mrs. Obama be any different? This is just more of the sour grapes of those who think that Obama didn’t do anything for them as President and they are mad that he won again. We are still number one in manufacturing, jobs are up, even if there are a lot of people out of jobs. There are also a LOT more people in internet marketing, etc. so there are many more people working than not. Why should people with money pay so much less than everyone else in taxes? Come on! You make $20 million and pay 14% in taxes? Someone who makes less than $50 K pays 39%? What is wrong with THAT picture?

177. faye Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:06 pm

WHO CARES WHAT SHE WEARS. SHE WILL NEVER BE A PERSON THAT DRESSED AS NICELY AS JACQUELINE KENNEDY. FAR AS I AM CONCERNED SHE COULD HAVE WORN BLUE JEANS. SHE IS NOT THE PERFECT PERSON FOR FIRST LADY, SHE HAS NO CLASS

178. randy Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

oooooooooooooooo what a pig pick on someone else

179. LKD Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

OMG who cares what she wears. I am still wearing clothes I wore ten years ago and proud I can still fit in them. Worry more on our soldiers coming home. They have to wear the same clothes days at a time before before changing. People get a life.

180. JoAnn Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I thought the First Lady looked great. I could care less if she was to wear that dress several more times. I was just proud of her for not wearing that sloppy pair of shorts and tee shirt that we all saw her wear as she departed the Air-force One plane, on one of her extravagant vacations she took.

181. Marjorie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Ruth Clarke, SIN (Cyn ) and J you are so petty and trivial and extremely dumb. You really have to be either very simple minded and stupid, and not to mention…TRIVIAL to be so disrespectful, rude, crude and boorish about your very attractive, elegant and bright First Lady. Please try to absorb a little of her class. You should try to emulate her. From a Jamaican admirer.

182. victoria Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

What is wrong with wearing the same outfit twice. She looked Gorgeous and I believe she had much more on her mind than shopping for a new dress. Come on, people who berated her this was election night coverage not a ball. She is one classy lady and I admire her and the President. Please give her the admiration and respect she deserves. she has two young daughersto raise, she was campaining with her husband and was probably very tired.

183. alexa cranston Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Michelle Obama realizes that it is the woman who makes the dress, not the dress that makes the woman. This is not the first time she has worn an item more than once. I think she shows great sensitivity at a time when many families are struggling. I also think she sets a great example for those who may feel self-conscious about not being able to buy something new.

184. Trisha Tybor Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

my name is Trisha Tybor and I’m a complete and total moron.

185. Ramona Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:18 pm

What if she decides to wear it again? People would probably go ballistic. If people were just as concerned with the issues at hand we could probably move forward. People are dying, children are hungry and families are homeless lets give these issues the attention you have given the First Lady’s attire.

186. Essie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Let those of us that haven’t worn an outfit more than once cast the first stone!!!!

187. Dee Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:24 pm

For you naysayers…….. Do you have any idea how much the Prwsident makes? The Obamas are from Hyde Park a middle class Neighborhood in Chicago they were not poor people but were far from mega rich. Of course she wears her clothes more than once she did before she became first lady and will continue to do so! Why because despite the hateful people in this country the Obama’s retain their dignity, integrity, sense of community, and middle class roots. They will continue to try to help all in this country even those who don’t deserve it! She would be beautiful in rags!

188. Jen Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:49 pm

It was a her choice, not the worlds, and whatever and whenever she wears it, she wears it gracefully.

189. tazztazz Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Can we get some real news!!!! Makes no sense why what Mrs. Obama was wearing the night of the election why is that news???? I’m pretty sure who ever wrote this aritcle has worn their outfits more that three times so…….HHHHHMMMMM..makes you wonder how can you judge someone by what they wear when you do the same thing….

190. Sally Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Since Obama is sooooo for the middle class, Michelle needs to stop waring designer garb. She needs to start shopping at JCP, Sears, Macy’s, or Dillards to identify with the regular people who relected them into office.

191. Mitt Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I’m glad she wore the dress again. It is good thing, but the bitch is still a racist against white people.

192. Connie Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Yet, ANOTHER, insignificant observation for the media and the American people to focus energy on. It’s a shame that Mrs Obama cannot walk out of the house wearing a dress more than once without it becoming news. I applaud her for doing so, whether it was a personal or political decision, who cares? I currently live overseas, living/working with foreigners daily who watch and question stupid stuff, such as this, that we lend our attention to. It’s so embarassing and I’ve given up on trying to defend Americans in regard to such nonsense.

193. Jo Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:42 pm

No wonder our country is in such a mess — who cares if Mrs. Obama wore the same dress in public more than once. If more of our citizens would spend time on the important things in life, they would have less time to be so critical of others. Especially on something so unimportant. It is sometimes difficult to realize how shallow so many people are. Our media is as bad – so often the things they report are beneath all of us.

194. mary varela Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 11:53 pm

thumbs up to this beautiful first lady. she would look beautiful in anything

195. Angela Baker Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:24 am

196. Becca Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:29 am

It is important what the FLOTUS wears at any public appearance, but in particular, Michelle Obama has to give particular care to what she wears. Why? Because its been estimated that for every public appearance she makes, whether on stage or on vacation, she generates approximately 14 MILLION dollars in profit for the companies whose clothing she wears. During the first four years in the White House, she has generated around 2.7 BILLION dollars for dozens of publicly traded companies. When she wore a sweater by J. Crew, their stock went up from 16 dollars per share to 20 per share. She wore a certain shade of nail polish, and not only that company, but nail salons all over the country had a boom in business. That is important. For election night, she dressed appropriately, she looked beautiful and I was very impressed.

197. Angela Baker Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:29 am

Who cares that First Lady Obama has worn this dress before. First Lady Obama has been teaching her girls certain values in life. That just goes to show that First Lady Obama has done just that. Besides the message that the Obama’s are more concerned about is the economy, and how to save money. I believe First Lady Obama has done just that. Worry more about your pockets and Thank God that you have a home, food, clothing, and a job!!! God Bless The Obama’s

198. IRONY TOO Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:40 am

Get over it she always looks nice!! I am concerned that all this is about her dress when there is so much more serious issues to talk about.

199. Pat Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 1:14 am

I think Michelle Obama wearing this beautiful dress more than once shows class and what’s the big deal that she’d been seen in it before? She looks really nice in the dress and is a busy mom, wife and our first lady so what does it matter that she wore the dress more than once? Anyone that chooses this to focus on is shallow as heck and needs to get real. Kudos to you Michelle!

200. Cynthia Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 1:22 am

Simply lovely. Nothing more.

201. Maretta Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:05 am

Come on people, how many of our outfits have we worn over fifty times.We all know people w/money have money because they don’t spend money they wear what’s in their closet.So, we all know it is not about the DRESS. IS IT!!!!!!

202. Ellie Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:48 am

I don’t go & buy a new dress for every time I go out or wear it one time. I don’t knw many people that do. We wear them to work one week. Then two weeks later, but not just one time.

203. sharon c Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:54 am

She should have worn her $6500.00 jacket she wore when she met Queen Elizabeth

204. Lee Faulkner Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:59 am

Has anyone considered that every time Mrs. Obama rewears a dress it ultimately saves US money. We pay for a clothing allowance, don’t we? Just sayin’.

205. Peter Sam Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 7:28 am

The Obama duo do a lot of consultation and I have no doubt that that was Obama’s choice. After all, the day was his and not Michelle’s

206. Woody Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 7:50 am

Pretty dress for a Pretty Lady. Look at the two, girls they’ve grown up to be beautiful young Ladies. Best of luck to you all.

207. Annie D. Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 8:52 am

Lordy! And if she had worn a different dress everyone would have something to say about what she paid for it-or who gave her something free because she wore it. I agree with Carnelia–we have way more important things to worry about in this country than a “dress”! Let’s get to work on real issues.

208. Sherry Hawkins Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Mrs. Obama looks better in solid colored, tailored outfits and I think what she wore Tuesday night certainly fit the event.

It is certainly not necessary to wear something new each time she appears! Actually with the economy like it is, it was a wise choice for her to wear what she did.

209. Jonas Altidor Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Her dress matters. A first Lady shouldn’t have worn the same dress she wore in public. That is cheap!

210. Rosemary Gremillion Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I am concerned that more and more of the citizens of America are taking the wrong route morally. Their sense of morals is eroding at a speed that could only be described as increasing at a exponential rate. There are people who believe I should mind my own business, live my life the way I see fit. But because we are all related, we are compelled to care about others’ ways of seeing their moral behaviors. Because, whether we like it or not, the moral views and actions of others are intrinsically connected to everyone else’s. We are responsible for each others’ beliefs. People’s clothing should not be an issue or concern, except whether or not they are dressing immodestly

211. David Says: