Will Cheryl Burke Be The Next Bachelorette?

November 08, 2012 08:39 AM by Megan Wilson

The rumor mill has been buzzing this morning about Cheryl Burke!  Sources are speaking out regarding the Dancing With The Stars pro moving from gracing the dance floor to going on group dates and handing out roses.  Will ABC take a chance with Cheryl?  Or will they stick with the reported re-casting of Emily Maynard?

A source told Radar Online that “Cheryl is in talks with producers to be the next Bachelorette and they think she’d be a really good choice.  She has a huge fan base, she’s great on television and they definitely think people would want to watch her find true love on TV.”

While Emily Maynard is still riding on media attention coattails following the breakup with her fiance Jef Holm, the producers may be looking for a clean slate to start next season.

“Cheryl would be a fun person to have as the Bachelorette, and she was excited when they approached her to be on the show,”  the source said.

However, other sources have spoken out to E!, saying “ABC has asked her for years to do the show, she is holding out for a big payday because she knows she would bring a lot to the show.  She is taking a season off after this All Stars season to take a break and see about other opportunities.”

It seems that someone MUST be fibbing, because another source disclosed to E! that this is all just rumors.  The source said  that Cheryl Burke appearing on the Bachelorette is, “Never gonna happen! Never!”  The source also said that Cheryl has been begging ABC to star on the show, not ABC seeking after Burke.

Cheryl herself spoke out about doing the Bacherlorette, neither confirming OR denying the rumors.  “If they offer it to me, I would love to do it,” she said. “I really want to find someone that I could be with.”  However, the star did point out that “It wouldn’t be a career move. It is more about genuinely wanting to find love.”

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars, The Bachelorette |

25 Responses to “Will Cheryl Burke Be The Next Bachelorette?”

1. Besta Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 9:00 am

Another round of failure with the shallow fakey Emily? No thanks.

2. PJ Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 9:02 am

Gross! Any respect I had for her would go right out the window if she becomes one of those pathetic little tramps who pimps herself out on that show. NOT a smart career move.

3. Clair Voyant Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 9:22 am

If Cheryle Burke is the next Bachelorette, I would ONLY view it as a “safe guard” against a race discrimination suit that two Black men have stating the Bachelor/Bachelorette series “ALLEDGEDLY” weens out Blacks from its selection process. But racism is a reality of life, I’m Black & married to a White man and a proud Republican. I voted for John McCain in 2008 but instead of filing a law suit about it, once inside that both I voted for one Democrat and he is NOW the lame duck current free leader of this world then I looked in the mirror and said, now people who don’t like Blacks will have to look at him another 4 years [I’m sure I am not the first who did this, COCHRAN did it for Ojay with an all Black jury pool but this is the only way to say “okay, enough racism NOW!”

4. crystal Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 9:40 am

I have never watched the Bacherlorette but I am a huge Cheryl fan and I would have to admit that I would watch just to see her fall in love :)

5. Delilah Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 10:50 am

I would LOVE to see Cheryl Burke as a bachlorette. So far the tv show has left me bored. Bachloretes B-O-R-I=N-G ! I think Cheryl would bring a new dimension to the show and I would watch it. Next best thing to Shark Tank.

6. guest2012 Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 11:37 am

Unfortunately, it’s a waste of time and money to have Cheryl be the next bachelorette. She’s dumped two guys already that she’s been ‘engaged’ to because she can’t commit to a relationship long term, so what makes the producers of the Bachelorette think that she wouldn’t end up ‘dumping” the selected bachelor after the filming of the show.

If she could dump MAX from DWTS, she’ll dump ANYONE. MAX is gorgeous and she REALLY hurt him when she broke off their engagement.

7. donna Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 11:37 am

she is such a HOE she f**cks everyone she dances with and or meet

8. guest2012 Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Emily Maynard is already a two time LOSER, why would the producers want to be a “three-peat” with her.

9. darcy Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 11:46 am

I always watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette, But since the rumors of Cheryl and Drew Lachey’s affair…..when Drew’s wife was very pregnant and he was on Dancing with the Stars…..Just turned my stomach. Cheryl WOULD NOT be a good choice in my oppinion. I will not be watching her! She is Gross!

10. Marcat Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 11:47 am

Emily was so classy and I would imagine Cheryl would be the same way. I would wish her luck in finding happiness! Hope she accepts the new season.

11. rachel Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

YES Cheryl Burke as a bachorette!!!!! This is a least someone we are interested in and have watched her over the years, someone we know. I would definately watch it.

12. Lynne Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Just say NO to Emily yet again. I got fooled into watching her second round, thinking she really was more than meets the eye … it won’t happen again. If the network wants to capitalize on her dubious star appeal, give her her own show to crash and burn with!

As for Cheryl: Please stay above this trash. You’re such a smart, beautiful, young woman; I don’t want to see you swapping spit with a bunch of jerks!

13. traveler Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Is Cheryl Burke BLACK?!

14. This Is Ridiculous Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 12:28 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Wow Clair Voyant…that’s a great reason to vote for a political leader, isn’t it? How proud you must be that your unbiased and informed opinion is based upon the fact that you want to give racist people something that they will have to “look at…another 4 years”.

Great way to vote.

15. Gary Kirk Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I have never watched this show. However, as I would like to see as much Cheryl Burke as possible (double entredre intended), I would watch it were she to be cast.

16. ChaCha Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Quit playing the race card. The show has gone down hill from the start. This last one with Emily was terrible. She is SOOOO fake. Too much “all about me” drama! Let get some older age people!

17. Mimi Leaptrot Says:
    November 8th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

If Emily is the next Bachlorette, I will throw up. She makes me sick. Her 15 minutes of FAME is over. She is such a snobby, whinney, boring person. She has that Holyer than thow air about her, that is a bunch of Doo Doo. Please, let Cheryl Burke or someone esle be the new Bachlorette. I really think Cheryl would bring a bigger audience than ever before. Show ratings would go thru the ROOF.

18. huffingtonpost Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Please stay above this trash…I looked in the mirror and said, now people who don’t like Blacks will have to look at him another 4 years..Please, let Cheryl Burke or someone esle be the new Bachlorette.

19. t dunnell Says:
    January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am

i can’t believe someone as beautiful as cheryl is having a tine finding companionship. she is the best by far on dancing with the stars

20. Karen Says:
    February 21st, 2013 at 3:31 pm

No more Emily she is an atention seeking fake! WOuld love to see Cheryl Burke as the Bachelorettte!!

21. Skiwoman60 Says:
    May 10th, 2013 at 8:16 am

Cheryl Burke would be a terrible choice.She is so attention seeking.Give someone else a chance please

22. Maggiegreeneyes Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 2:41 pm

First of all, Cheryl was never engaged to Max, the idiot was Karina Smirnoff. Get that straight people. Also, stars should not be on the Bachlorette just to get people to watch. I like it now that Des is on it instead of Cheryl. Let Cheryl find her own guy on her own.

23. Ava Says:
    June 20th, 2013 at 4:23 am

After this last season of the bachelorette, I will not be watching again.. I liked watching the bachelor and the bachelorett for awhile now, but this boring DES person is annoying at best.. Cheryl will probably do the next bachelorette just for the money.. Have you seen the ratings on this show??? DOWN, DOWN, and over and out for me…

24. Michael Matheis Says:
    September 24th, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I THINK CHERYL BURKE IS REALLY CUTE, BUT SHE CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME, I WOULD JUST BE A WASTE OF HER TIME.

25. Michael Matheis Says:
    December 2nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I REALLY THINK I CAN SAY WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT, AND NOT THINK SHE ACTUALLY READS THIS CRUD!

Comments