Breaking Amish: The Truth About Abe and Rebecca

November 12, 2012 02:30 PM by Donna W. Martin

TLC’s hit show; Breaking Amish has been full of secrets and surprises this season. But there’s one question everybody is buzzing about; is Abe the father of Rebecca’s 19-month-old daughter? Take the jump to get the details.

Everyone was shocked, including Abe, to hear that Rebecca had been married before. And then in a fit of anger over a stripper, she blurted out that she also had a daughter. But Abe didn’t seem too surprised by that tidbit of news. I wonder why?

Rebecca confirmed on TLC, “I do have a daughter. She’s 19- months old. I wasn’t with my ex when I found out I was pregnant,” she said. So who was she with and is the baby her ex-husband’s or does she belong to Abe? There are conflicting stories but sources close to the couple have a lot say about the situation.

According to The Enquirer, Shannon Edwards of Columbia, Kentucky has firsthand knowledge of the Abe and Rebecca situation. According to Edwards, Rebecca was married and Abe lived with her and her husband until Rebecca started messing around with Abe. Then the two of them took off and moved to Kentucky. “They’ve been out of the Amish community for some time, and they’ve been a couple for years,” she said referring to Abe and Rebecca. “They stayed in a camper behind our home for several months in 2010 while Rebecca was pregnant with their baby girl.”

Shannon’s husband, Adrian Edwards added, “Abe worked for my landscaping company, and the last time I saw them, they were riding around in a fancy new pickup truck.” He explained, “We figured he’d gotten a new job. Now we know what that job was – working on that phony TV show!”

Edwards supplied The Enquirer with photos to back up her claims. One of Rebecca (before she had her teeth fixed) with Abe and the baby girl and one of Edwards and Rebecca poolside in bikinis.

So what do you believe? Has Abe and Rebecca been a couple for years and have a child together? If so, why do the show? Did they use TLC to make some money?

The identity of the baby’s father has been kept hush-hush, but why? Could it be that Rebecca and Abe didn’t want viewers to know they had been a couple for years? Who do you think is the father of Rebecca’s baby? Maybe we’ll find out for sure on next week’s Breaking Amish Reunion Part 2 episode. Post a comment and tell us what you think of the whole Abe and Rebecca situation.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Breaking Amish. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: TLC

Topics: Breaking Amish, TLC Reality TV Shows |

20 Responses to “Breaking Amish: The Truth About Abe and Rebecca”

1. gloria simmons Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

i for one have figured all along the show was fake too much secrets and too many phonies,they act like they are broke and yet they have to get pd for being on the show so they are not broke.i hate nthese reality shows just like sister wives,they live lavish and noone seems to work well we all know they are getting paid.just like honey boo boo they got paid and always acted like they had no money.get real people.

2. Marilyn Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 3:07 pm

They honestly seemed a little too familiar on the plane in the very first show. They also all began to cuss and use cell phones very quickly.

3. Geewhiz44 Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Abe refused to discuss the baby. He told the producer he walk out if he didn’t like it. I didn’t think he could be father. I thought he just didn’t feel it was appropriate to talk about his wife’s baby. She mentioned living in a camper. Hmm. maybe he is the father, maybe they want it to entice viewers?

4. missleigh0204 Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

WHAT!!!!!! Now I am confused. They said on the show that they hung out with each other in the same circles but now this is crazy!

5. P R SWIGERT Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

IT REALLY ISN’T ANYBODY’S BUSINESS WHO HER BABY’S DADDY IS. IT TAKES FAR MORE TO BEING A FATHER THAN JUST BEING THE SPERM DOANER!!!!!!!!!!

6. Joyce Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I don’t really care the situation before the show aired. I enjoyed the show. I know those shows are ‘tweaked’ to make them more interesting to viewers. I didn’t care for the reunion show… can’t compare to the New Jersey Housewives reunion!!

7. Grandmajudi Says:
    November 12th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Honestly, I was disappointed by this show. The Amish kids try to leave the way of life but they are so innocent to the world its going to take years. As far as Rebecca and Abe are concerned, they are phony. They don’t want to be up front because of that. The other three young people were more up front and I believe them. They all will need to grow up and realize that life on the outside is very hard. I wish them all the best in life.

8. Biff Tannen Says:
    November 13th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

the editing of this series was very strange – Rebecca gets new dentures, but she still winds up wearing the old ones for several episodes after she gets the new ones – other scenes also looked out of order and made things confusing

9. Vicki Says:
    November 13th, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I find the Amish lifestyle interesting. We have a lot of Amish in Central WI. I wish this prgram would of been a documentary instead of fiction to increase the ratings. It is obvious everyone on the show is just there for the money.

10. Teresa Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 6:18 am

I love the show and yeah I know it was not all the way it should have been because they had been in the world before . I just pray everyone will respect them enough as human beings to stop the hate and move on. If you don’t like the show then move on to something else..

11. deanna Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

If it is his baby why hide it and if if is not the same response why not tell the truth they went on this show knowing people were going to watch it and they got paid to let everyone into their personal lives so why just not tell the truth!!

12. Diane Says:
    November 16th, 2012 at 10:22 am

“According to Edwards, Rebecca was married and Abe lived with her and her husband until Rebecca started messing around with Abe. Then the two of them took off and moved to Kentucky. ‘They’ve been out of the Amish community for some time, and they’ve been a couple for years,’ she said referring to Abe and Rebecca. ‘They stayed in a camper behind our home for several months in 2010 while Rebecca was pregnant with their baby girl.’”

Well, heck, this story alone would make a great reality TV show. ;)

13. helene Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I would like to know why TLC would have these people on t.v. (breaking amish) to only humiliate them on the reunion, after they have already taken many chances to have family and friends leave them for the stand they took? It’s not fair!

14. Melissa Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

It doesn’t really matter to me if Abe and Rebecca knew each other or had an intimate relationship PRIOR to the show. The mistakes each of them made legally in their lives prior to this show do not matter to me either. I watched the show because I wanted to learn something of what the Amish Religion/Lifestyle/Community is like. I know life is different with their culture and I was curious. I’m NOT disappointed or angry at all. There’s really no need to smear any of them at all and I think everyone should calm down and just move on. I wish each of them the best of luck with everything they do. God Bless!

15. judy Says:
    November 19th, 2012 at 7:38 am

These two people are vulgar, liars and are exploiting their child by going on the show in the first place. Money flowed through their hands even though they were “broke”. Rebecca refused to pose in a bikini but was already familiar with the beach and bikinis in her “runaway days”, as proven. They are living a double standard and are lying to make money. Did I mention they are vulgar, and I would like to add rude.
    These reality shows are awful and I don’t watch many but this one had me curious because I live near PA. I realized it had to be fake after a couple weeks into it. What’s with Abe dissing his brother, who is also a liar, when they act like 2 peas in a pod. I liked Abes mother. She seemed genuine and humble like you would expect Amish to be, not vulgar abd belittling to educated people They are stupid. No education, no consideration no compassion.

16. Ginger Says:
    November 19th, 2012 at 9:57 pm

It does not really matter who the father is. These people really just need to move on. IF Rebecca is in a legal battle over her child. Where is the baby? The whole story line was one lie after another one.

17. Kimberley Says:
    November 25th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I think that everyone needs to stop talking about other peoples lives and other peoples children and start worry about what is going on in their own world. As a mom I know how hard it is to protect you child against things in this world and as for Rebecca and Abe they both need to be left alone and her daughter left alone.

18. BeachN Says:
    December 9th, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Abe’s Mother was in on the plot also… Hence her discussion with Abe telling him the girl he wants to marry has already been married before.. I doubt that was even his real Mother..Abe acted all surprised and disappointing….”ACTED” the key word for all of them…Wonder who came and pitched the story to TLC??????

19. anne Says:
    January 5th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Did Rebecca and Abe really get married? i do not care for the amish way of life. my uncle was a mennonite and was not shunned when he left the family. during his life he was a world know entomoligist (sic) dr. w.j.baerg.

20. D. Tracy Says:
    July 16th, 2013 at 10:24 am

I had no idea the Amish swore so much until I watched this show. And, why are these kids so dang angry all the time? Seems to me with all the swearing and anger they could use some good guidance!

Comments