Jeff Lewis Flips Out And Sues Jenni Pulos

November 16, 2012 10:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

Flipping Out star, Jeff Lewis has truly flipped out this time! Word is he’s suing his longtime assistant, Jenni Pulos. What’s all this drama about? Take the leap to find out!

According to The Huffington Post, Lewis became angry and decided to sue his assistant after discovering the title of a book she was writing. While Lewis knew Pulos was writing a book about her life, he didn’t realize he was going to be a key topic of conversation discussed within its pages. Jenni’s book is entitled, “What One of the World’s Most Difficult Bosses Taught Me About Life, Work and Love.”

Lewis filed a lawsuit Wednesday in L.A. Superior Court suing Pulos before the release of her book and claims the basis of the lawsuit is a breach of confidentiality. What confidentiality? Apparently, Jeff doesn’t realize we can all see how he treats Jenni and his other employees thanks to Bravo’s, Flipping Out. But it would appear there’s more off-camera action that we haven’t been able to see and maybe Jeff is afraid that Jenni is going to lay it all out for us, and when she does, it won’t paint a very positive picture of him.

A plug for Jenni’s book, on her website states, “I have advice for surviving any difficult situation, no matter if it is in the workplace, in relationships, or in life, I have learned how to fail my way forward and bloom where your planted and you can too!”

While we all know, Jeff is far from an easygoing boss to work for, could it be he’s not angry that she’s airing his dirty laundry so to speak, but that he isn’t being compensated for it? Maybe Jeff is just trying to get his piece of Jenni’s book deal. “I’m going to take advantage of the situation,” Lewis said in the season 6 premiere.

What do you think? Is Jeff Lewis justified in his lawsuit against Jenni Pulos? Or is he just trying to line his pockets? Post a comment below and let us know what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Flipping Out. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo courtesy of Bravo!

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, Flipping Out |

58 Responses to “Jeff Lewis Flips Out And Sues Jenni Pulos”

1. stewie Says:
    November 16th, 2012 at 12:55 pm

If Jeff is going to have a reality show where his yelling and crabbing at his employees is very prominent then he should lay off Jenni and her book. If I were Jenni I would quit working for Jeff. This is the same guy who tried to run her wedding and she needs to work for someone who won’t treat her like a jerk.

2. Elaine Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Jeff Lewis is a paranoid, manipulative control freak. He needs a good shrink and medication!! He also is a talented man, and it is really very sad that he is his own worst enemy. Jenni is a saint to have put up with him and supported him all these years. The same goes for poor long suffering Zoila! They should all just pick up and leave him!! He could not survive on his own.

3. Karen88 Says:
    November 27th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Love Jeff and Jenny! However, I find it very hard to believe this wasn’t ironed out in a contract prior to any filming! To me,
    it just doesn’t make sense!

4. lillsista Says:
    November 30th, 2012 at 12:22 am

Jenny knows what she was dealing with and has stayed with it so has anyone else that works for him. Although I don’t agree with the way he handles some situations, I believe he has a right to screen the book before it is published.

5. Clio Says:
    November 30th, 2012 at 10:01 am

Oh please, can we get real here. This is all just publicity grabbing. Want to sell a book, make sure you have lots of drama before, during and after its release.

6. Dianne Says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 11:13 am

Of course, this is a publicity stunt! Reality TV isn’t really reality, Or we wouldn’t be watching!

7. Flip Flopping Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 8:30 pm

He is a nasty negative person…I stopped watching the show because of him

8. Connie Says:
    December 3rd, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Publicity stunt???

9. rebecca Says:
    December 4th, 2012 at 4:05 am

I love the show, but NEVER understood why anyone (employee’s) have put up with his chite! He has broken every other employment law in the book!Time for Jenni to move on and hopefully the judge laughs in Jeff’s face. Sorry buddy. You already have laid your life out there to us.

10. johnny Says:
    December 5th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Difficult to imagine reading an author that doesn’t know the basics of the language, ie; “your” versus “you are” or “you’re”. By the way, he acts like a petulant child. Is the outrageous behavior supposed to be the attraction of the show? The constant last minute (near heroic) solving of a problem is tiresome drama, and — of course — the problem is always the fault of someone else. Given all that, it (the show) still beats any of the “Housewife” series and its (not “it’s”) reliance on mundane behavior to act as drama.

11. Karleen Gengler Says:
    December 5th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Definately a publicity stunt,the more money Jenny makes,the more for Jeff.i don’t watch the show any more,he is the worst petulant baby,and mean spirited too.I can’t believe he is that good of an actor,so he really must be as stupid and mean as he appears.

12. Jacqueline Says:
    December 6th, 2012 at 11:01 am

I can not stand him. I would literally punch his face in if I were this woman. he treats every woman around him like dirt. what a queen bitch he is. he has the most annoying personality and zero charm. he’s icky in every way. and I liked the other guy originally, but wow, he’s made a change for the worse, but being around his a-hle boss doesn’t help. I love interior design, and I cant even watch this show its so annoying.

13. Pat Says:
    December 7th, 2012 at 12:14 am

Jeff says it is not the the confidentiality of what Jenni may say about him. but things that have been discussed by his clients with both of them. He has to protect his clients (many well known) confidentiality. They are still working together and will get through this. They always do.

14. weavermomo Says:
    December 7th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Jenny is annoying, she could of left any time.

15. Betty Vogel Says:
    December 7th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

This should be the last year of this train wreck. If there are any of you out there that still believe any of this is true,I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell. Jeff hires you, you disappoint him, he fires you ad nauseaum,over and over and over——–

16. Sam Armstrong Says:
    December 9th, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Publicity stunt.

17. Jimmy Says:
    December 9th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Jeff is not only ONE of the worst bosses in the world but he is ONE of the worst people in the world. Everyone should leave him and let him fail cause he brings people down.

18. Linda Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Jenni & Andrew were the only good things to watch,left on the show. Although I do luv the maid Zoila and the animals.Jeff needs to send Gage back to Oklahoma or die of boredom!! Publicity stunt has my vote!!!!

19. Katherine Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

@ Johnny …Thank you for pointing out Jenni’s error with your and you’re! An author? I think not.

20. yvonne Says:
    December 12th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Jeff’s a fruitcake. Someone needs to tazer him when he gets out of line

21. maria Says:
    December 14th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I think Jeff Lewis is a pompous ass!

22. Paula Says:
    December 17th, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I think Jeff is funny, an a-hle, but funny. So, he’s a little abrasive. Those “employees” stick around because he has made them rich and famous with his entertaining antics.

23. PineNeedle Says:
    December 18th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Jeff is a mean spirited individual who seems to be more interested in hurting folks than conducting his business.

It took about five episodes before I tired of his Fix-a-Flat lips and his passive-aggressive attitude. His antics are entertaining only if you are a bully.

24. ChuckL8 Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 4:26 am

Anyone with a fully functioning brain knows that Jeff Lewis is certifiably insane. The fact that he has his own reality show only makes him worse.

25. Dee Says:
    December 26th, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I smell publicity stunt!

26. AHW Says:
    December 27th, 2012 at 3:42 am

Thanks to Johnny for pointing out the ridiculous grammar error in the book excerpt. If he had not, I would have. How absurd! Don’t these people have editors? Jeff Lewis is one of the least functional people I’ve ever seen. He drives everyone away with his obnoxious behavior. Jenni would be well rid of him, and he would be lost without her. Most of his other employees are incompetent. My only empathy for him came when he lost Monkey, which was one of the few times he seemed remotely human.

27. JaLaBadAss Says:
    December 29th, 2012 at 6:39 am

I think that this was a very good show. I watched it because it was entertaining and funny. I think Jeff is very into looks and is very conceited, he tries really hard to make everyone feel like they are beneath him. When in reality, hes not attractive at all. His lips are over inflated, he lacks style, and he looks like a middle aged old man. His boyfriend is gorg and should run like hell. I hope that this is just a publicity stunt because Jenni and the rest of the workers have put up with too much of his foolishness. If they were smart, they could sue him for his violating so many employee laws and he has discriminated against all of them. But if they are willing to stay there and endure his wrath, then they kind of deserve it.

28. mimi Says:
    February 5th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I LOVE “FLIPPING OUT” SHOW BUT I HAVE TO AGREE JEFF IS A CONTROL FREAK AND SELFISH. HE SHOULD BE SO THANKFUL TO HAVE SUCH A LOYAL EMPLOYEE.JENNI IS DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR HER AND HER FAMILY AND JEFF SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE. HE IS VERY VERY SELFISH, I LOVE HIM BUT DISAGREE ON THIS ONE. MIMI

29. ladybelle Says:
    February 23rd, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I HATE JEFF LEWIS!!! Stopped watching his show.He does not know how to design or remodel houses.He treats Jenni and Zoila like crap.I guess the only thing he does do is pay Zoila good money maybe.Gage better run,Jeff is not a good man,he is money hungry.He thinks he owns a part of everything Jenni does. Jenni get away from this man,he will have you and your husband split up.

30. ladybelle Says:
    February 23rd, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Oh yes dont get anymore lip injections,Jeff!

31. m.bonham Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 4:17 pm

What he does to wonderful old homes should be against the law. If you want new or modern go BUILD IT – you can’t get back history that has been destroyed.

32. J.Z. Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Dear Jeff: It is men like you, as one of the reasons I left West Hollywood after 7 years. You give not only decorators, ( and I am related to a couple of them) and all homosexuals a bad image. You give humans a bad name. I know and suffered thru a couple episodes. Your show, it is SO scripted.

If you are REALLY worried about someone writing a book about you.Jeff you should worry more about where you get your personal “scripts” from. It is a small town WEHO and everyone knows everything sbout every one. While you may not know Ray. Ray knows all about you.Why? Because he is the most common denominator for many in LA, a dealer.And dealers cannot keep their mouths shut.( Using their own product too much?) So Jeff your paranoia is both TV script. med script and ( AHEM) questionable) recreational activites.

33. GHH Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Another self-serving, albeit legally untenable way for Lewis to attempt to garner attention, keep the spot-light on him and his ego, and extort a hard-working well-liked member of the cast! If she is sharp and obtains sage advice, she should put him on notice that in the likely event his action fails, she will immediately sue him for any and all damages she sustains, including, but not limited to, defammation, libel, slander, intentional & negligent interference with a contractual relationship, inter alia.

Alternatively, if he is merely puffing out his chest and intending to have this attention grabbing effort bring in the new season, then he should be held accountable by Bravo. In either event, his actions are without merit, species and indicative of how petty he is!!!!

34. Janiekat Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Jeff lewis is a hard working man, his personality is one of a boss. I have had worse. But the main thing here is that his assistant is going to make money at his expense. She is going to use his name and his connections and his experiences to make money for herself. She and his former partner are using his personality to make money because they are have no personality of their own. This is a form of back stabbing. If I was Jeff, I would have cut ties with them both a long time ago and found some loyal people to work for him. That house keeper is funny, makes the show fun, maybe she should stay.

35. binggo Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 3:42 pm

if it weren’t for jeff . there would be no jenn or a book . I love jenn but lets be real . it would not sell if she was not well known from jeffs show .. remember ryan ? what happened to him . never hear any thing about him ..

36. Lily May Says:
    April 14th, 2013 at 7:40 am

Jenni plays a role on Jeff’s show. Jeff plays a role on his show. This is Jeff Lewis helping Jenni get publicity for her book. If he had not done so, she wouldn’t sell as many books.

37. eileene hildebrandt Says:
    May 27th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

this is a scripted show, and I have no doubt that this lawsuit is the same. However, I can’t help but sense that this guy is, in real life, an egotistical tyrant.

38. Jeanne Horowitz Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Jenni can’t possibly paint a worse picture of Jeff than he paints for himself. He is a greedy, selfish, mean spirited and purposely hurtful man and I think he just wants his cut of her action.

39. Marcia Brown Says:
    June 21st, 2013 at 3:19 pm

That jerk Jeff should be happy that Jenni is NPT suing him for creating a HOSTILE work environment!!

40. Norika Says:
    July 3rd, 2013 at 2:09 pm

If Jenny is gonna publish something that wasn’t aired and was private without Jeff’s consent, I guess Jeff louis does have a case.

Maybe Jeff Louis has some problem himself, but if Jenny just gonna use Jeff’s personal life in the book to make money, it is not cool

41. Mark Says:
    July 5th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Jeffe,pull up your pants and act like a man,give Jen her props already you greedy bitch!

42. In LA Says:
    July 6th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

As @Marcia Brown previously wrote, “Jenny should be suing Jeff for creating a HOSTILE work environment”. Personally, I would not work with someone such as Jeff – it takes a certain type of person to be bullied and criticized day after day (It does not make a difference whether it is a man or a woman). Although much of the drama is greatly amplified for the “Show”, Jeff’s persona is completely unlikable and plays into negative stereotypes of gay men.

For those who choose to work for difficult bosses and/or clients, it is very likely that Jenny’s advice will be needed and well received. Jenny, re-title the book and get it out there!

43. Jay Says:
    July 14th, 2013 at 3:39 am

He’s suing BEFORE the book even comes out? Sounds fishy to me or like he really IS trying to get his piece of the money. I have only seen snippets of the show while channel surfing or seen commercials but it’s CLEAR this guy is a total jerk.

No idea if his employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement or not. If not then seems to me he has no basis for a lawsuit. If she & others DID have to sign one, she’s not dumb. I seriously doubt she would reveal anything private. That’s kind of a joke anyway considering all the things that air on the show.

We already know he’s gay & a complete tyrant. Unless she were to reveal health records or something else not readily available to the public then Jeff is just being ‘anal’ again.

Hopefully the lawsuit gets thrown out. At the very least maybe let the judge read the material or if Jenni wanted to be OVERLY generous, let Jeff read it. As long as there is no private information & no confidentiality agreement was broken then it’s a dead issue.

44. ladybelle Says:
    July 14th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Cancel all of Jeff Lewis shows!!!! Like I said Run,Gabe Run!!!

45. james eaton Says:
    July 25th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

JEFF’S PROBLEM IS A LACK OF BREEDING…..NOBODY IN OUR TRAILER PARK BEHAVES LIKE THAT

46. MM Says:
    August 19th, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Luv Jeff, Jenni and Zoila and their drama. Don’t beieve he would sue his sister, really!

47. Stig Larsen Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 6:22 am

What a narcissistic ponce! As if we didn’t already get that he was the worst person in the world to work for…

48. ljrossi Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Really Jeff, your lucky Zoila hasn’t sued you.

49. ray cwikowski Says:
    September 6th, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I iZola’s book is about to be published

50. Chloe Spoodle Says:
    September 7th, 2013 at 7:14 am

I watch the show and he makes me laugh but he is mean and needs meds, of course we only see a very small part and I wonder if Zoila and Jenny are getting a huge piece of the tv shows payout, if so then Jenny should probably give him a piece of the book, if not, screw his greed. He does seem generous to those around him though, and thank god gabe is not on the new show, he’s a bore and someone jeff just pushes around. its telling that all jeff’s “friends” have to be employees also. But I do love the way he tells people whats wrong with their lives and relationships, its hilarious!

51. Sandie Kaehny Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 8:59 am

Jeff Lewis What can I say! I see an evil bully when I watch his show. I do not think Jeff has gotten a lot of love in his younger years.Family is not a part of his vocabulary,witch makes him a very controlling spoiled man. It appears to me that his obsession with himself has hurt him in all aspects of life. Now you all are saying why do you watch Jeff, my response is I love to see different personalities. By the way Jenni you go girl.

52. Juliet Says:
    September 14th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Bad actor, horrible designer and a dispicable person…definitely a publicity stunt!

53. ljhm Says:
    October 2nd, 2013 at 8:46 am

Jeff is such a whiney girl!

54. Harry Says:
    October 6th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Jeff is one nasty, BITCH! He is mean spirited, and takes Narcissism to a new low. I stopped watching it a few years back, as I was sick of watching his endless abuse of all. Wish someone would punch him in the face. I hope KARMA hits him hard in this life, so we can all laugh at his suffering. The photo above looks like a awful wax figure! His lips are disgusting, just like him. So vein, and the lips/face-lift make him look ill. I wish him all the agony, pain, suffering, life can give… Jeff, if you are reading this, suicide the the best choice for you, and much more importantly, US!

55. Stephanie Says:
    October 15th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I can’t believe people take this stuff seriously.

56. CB Says:
    November 6th, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Jeff Who??/ oh, Jeff Lewis…isn’t he over already??

57. Jay Says:
    November 16th, 2013 at 6:42 am

Who is Jeff Lewis?

58. Topanga Rose Says:
    November 20th, 2013 at 11:36 am

The commenting here is laughable!
    Posters comment on Jenni using “your” instead of you’re, while the posters use ‘witch’(!) instead of which and “there” instead of their, ad nauseam.

Comments