American Music Awards 2012: Christina Aguilera Outfits Spark Criticism

November 19, 2012 02:56 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Christina Aguilera loves her body and she’s not afraid to let the world know it. We already get to see the pop star’s cleavage twice each week on The Voice, but, as if worried that the public would forget about her boobs, Christina decided to once again flaunt her curves during a performance at the American Music Awards.

On the red carpet, Christina wore a clingy lilac dress that left little to the imagination. But the singer’s focus was not on fashion — she was busy promoting her latest album. “It’s my labor of love. It’s my heart and my soul and I’m so happy it’s released to the world.” According to Christina,the production of Lotus was largely influenced by The Voice.  She explained, “My experience with The Voice has inspired me with this record to inspire hopefully, the next generation of true vocalists, that raw talent that we all need.”

Let’s hope that Christina’s not inspiring the next generation in the fashion department! Shortly after her red carpet interview, Christina squeezed her curves into a very tight bodysuit covered in sparkly stars. She completed the look with fishnets and a pair of tall black boots. During the beginning of the performance, Christina covered up a bit with a pink kimono, but it didn’t take her long to shed the extra layer.

The response to Christina Aguilera’s two American Music Awards outfits was mixed, with Perez Hilton labeling the singer’s red carpet look a “rather tragic ensemble.” Lance Bass disagreed, tweeting, “New hairstyle and looking gorgeous! Christina Aguilera aka Legendtina Godulara!”

We do agree with Lance that the new hair is a definite improvement over the My Little Pony thing Christina had going on. The rest of the outfit? Not so much. We will concede that her singing was fabulous as usual. Check out Christina’s vocals (and cleavage) in the video below and then tell us what you think!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Voice. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

10 Responses to “American Music Awards 2012: Christina Aguilera Outfits Spark Criticism”

1. JANESSA LEONSKI Says:
    December 17th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

SHE LOOKS FINE! SHE IS PRETTIER THAN 90% OF THE WORLDS POPULATION. SHE LOOKS AMAZING! I LOVE HER!

2. weavermomo Says:
    January 27th, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Wow, what happened to her? She use to have such a cute little figure. Her face is unrecognizable with all the surgery. Instead of messing with your face girl, lose some weight. She is too heavy for her small frame.

3. shopnnut Says:
    February 4th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

If Beyonce wore the same outfits you’d be gushing about how beautiful she looks and how wonderful it is that she’s emotionally secure enough to embrace her full figure! PLEASE… you critics are a bunch of hypocrites! There is nothing wrong with what she is wearing and as for her cleavage… I’ve seen much, much worse yet they seem to get a “free pass”.

4. TweetyBird Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I personally love that purple creation on her. And when SHE’S ready to trim down, she’ll do it – I know, I’ve been there. She’s her own person and yes there have been a LOT worse

5. shoediva Says:
    March 4th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

If Beyonce was as large as Christina EVERYBODY would have a whole lot to say. There is a difference in being shapely and being fullfigured. I’ve seen worse and I think she could cover it up a bit. I understand that those who’ve never had it love to show it when they get it, but guess what we see it, you don’t have to show it.

6. ladybug Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

she’s a human being. human beings come in all shapes and sizes. no everyone snaps back into shape after having a baby and not everyone has to be a toothpick. get over it.

7. liz Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 12:15 am

she looks amazing!! she is gorgeous with a beautiful body. we all know it.

8. getgail Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:50 am

She looks fine. She looks a million times better than Kim Kardashian and many others. Get off her back people. I am sure you don’t look as good as her either. She has earned the right to be eccentric if she wishes to.

9. me Says:
    May 6th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Stop lying to yourselves and get glasses Christina has always ben ugly and a Marilyn Monroe Poser.Christina needs to quit with the plastic surgery first her face,boobs,now her butt girl is a hypocrite she says she loves her short body bigger but yet went and lost weight.Snookies twin needs to get rid of the plainum hair and orange tan remove those fake implants and be more natural.

10. danny Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 9:41 am

A few years ago when she was skinny she called Kelly Osburn a fat pig and now that she is way bigger than Kelly ever was well she is just shapely, I don’t think so!

Comments