Ghost Hunters Recap: Still Pushing The Plumber Nonsense

November 21, 2012 08:15 PM by Ryan Haidet

I seriously can’t stand when Ghost Hunters still tries to sell us the concept that lead investigator Jason Hawes is still a working plumber with Roto-Rooter.  That’s exactly how tonight’s episode kicked off.  Seriously, nobody believes Jason is still working as a plumber.  He possibly would never have time to do it.  When I interviewed TAPS investigator Britt Griffith in June 2011, he said the show sucks up the majority of his year.  I realize the show is trying to continue the story that he’s a plumber-turned-paranormal investigator, but it’s getting totally phony.  Last season when they showcased Jason working as a plumber, his long-time co-investigator Grant Wilson was working at his side.  Suddenly, because Grant is off the show he no longer works as a plumber with Jason?  That should be your first clue that this dose of “reality” is nothing but ridiculous.  Was the investigation and evidence any better as the TAPS team searched for spirits at Western Kentucky University?  The location was promising with creepy instances including a man who fell through a skylight, a woman who hung herself and a girl was murdered with an ax.  But was the evidence as interesting?

Strange Sounds & A Dead Battery

As Jason and Steve teamed up to investigate, they started hearing the typical strange sounds.  Things like footsteps and disembodied voices.  None of which were too exciting.  Moments later, the battery on the thermal camera was nearly dead after Steve claimed to capture a fluctuation that might be something paranormal.  Jason was surprised to hear the battery was dead since they had just charged the camera.  Upon their review, Steve couldn’t exactly determine what caused the thermal flares.  Garbage attempt at evidence.

Appearing Blood

A part of the investigation took one of the most ridiculous turns I’ve ever seen in the show’s history.  One of the claims people have at Western Kentucky University is that an unexplained pool of blood appears on the stage where a young man supposedly fell to his death.  Using forensic-style testing, the TAPS team gathered together on the stage and investigated the area with chemicals to see if there is any blood on that stage.  Um, well, for a school that’s more than 100 years old, I’m sure there’s all sorts of nasty stuff on that stage.  After all, studies have shown restaurant seats are frequently covered in fecal debris.  So who knows what those thespians fluffed off on that old stage.  Get my drift?  In the end, their test didn’t determine there was any real blood on the stage, but if it had, I’m sure they would have tried to sell us the silly concept that they found proof of the strange occurrence.

Closeted Steve & Fleeing Shadows

As the investigation continued, Steve stood alone in a closet where the woman supposedly killed herself.  As he conducted an EVP session, Steve claimed to hear a laugh.  Meanwhile, while Britt and KJ were working together in the theater, they both said they spotted a shadow get up and walk out.  Now that would be really cool — had they actually captured the moment on film.  And if a ghost got up and walked out of the theater, it’s proof that even the paranormal entities are fed up with the TAPS nonsense.

What are your thoughts on this episode?  Do you believe any of the evidence TAPS captured is proof of the paranormal?  Do you buy the idea that Jason is still working as a plumber?  Who is your favorite investigator?  Do you have any strange paranormal experiences yourself?  Sound off and leave a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great reality television news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot. For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photos courtesy of SyFy.

Topics: Ghost Hunters, SCI-FI Reality TV Shows |

9 Responses to “Ghost Hunters Recap: Still Pushing The Plumber Nonsense”

1. htpatty Says:
    November 21st, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I’m really having a problem staying interested in the show since the ‘strange’ disappearance of Grant! I’d like to know the REAL reason he left. Could it be Jason wanted to get his family another paycheck by using his kid?? Or did he just get sick of it all? Anyway, I like Steve & Tango, together! Now Steve’s got to partner up with Jay, no wonder he cried when Grant left!

2. Bob Says:
    November 22nd, 2012 at 6:38 am

My very first thoughts were, seriously? Are you still trying to convince me that you’re a plumber? And if you were, aside from the rotor-rooter work shirt, plumber’s probably don’t use pocket tools to do their work!
    I used to really enjoy ghost hunters, seasons 1-4 were probably the most exciting to me. From there on, they seem to use the same formula. I still tune in hoping for something new, but am usually let down. I think they need to try something new.

3. breannabocook Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I have watched the episoed i was wondering if yall have any pics of the guy who died can someone mail them 2 me. please my gmail breannabocook@gmail.com

4. Gary Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I enjoyed seasons 1 thru 4 as well. I even went on several ghost hunting fan events with them back then. Now the show has become the least interesting and least exciting paranormal show on cable. I think even Grant had enough of Jason. And yes, Jason’s schtick as a plumber has GOT TO GO. Does anyone still believe that?

5. paleotectonics Says:
    November 24th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

@Bob Nov. 22,

Not defending the show, I though they jumped the shark about 4 years ago, but in the interests of accuracy, most tradesmen I’ve ever been around, plumbers included, myself included (sparky), use the h@11 out of ‘pocket’ tools.

Is he still a plumber? I can’t imagine any dispatch wanting a guy who’s around 2 – 10 days a month, sporadically – makes planning a pain.

6. Brenda Says:
    December 3rd, 2012 at 9:12 am

I was watching and found it to be very lame. Ghost Hunters used to be my favorite show, but anymore the characters personanlites are so boring. I still respect thier technique in the paranormal field, but that is it. I like Ghost Adventure a lot more. There funny to watch the show is not the same routine show after show. They do more then interview the owner they go around and interview surrounding neighbors involved. They experiement with different equipment. I hated to see the new girl just get cut for no reason. Ghost Hunters can be so clickish the one thing I can’t stand about paranormal groups. I hope thier either changed thier boring routine or the show get cancelled I just don’t enjoy it as much anymore.

7. Qwerty Says:
    July 19th, 2013 at 9:23 pm

All I gotta say for reasons I can’t said do to profanity is that ga is a hell of a lot better than gh the shows and the DVDs. I thought i would never say this coming from my own mouth bet u nor better yet I GAURANDAMNTEE you that since grant left, brit getting fired for saying a derogatory comment about Adam being gay, ashely troub getting cut the chance(s) to prove her self that she could hang, kris leaving ghi some stupid thing that she did that was caught on the show(at the time that I e heard), and ghi getting canceled cause of the rating declining, and other stupid crap…..after one or two more seasons of the show that has the tendency to produce a lot of “crap” from time to time…it’s goin to hell in a hand basket in a heart beat.
    I will also GAURANDAMNTEE you that IT WILL BE CANCELED

8. Qwerty Says:
    July 20th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Ya know I just thought of some thing. As I posted my comment from yesterday I couldn’t think what else to post when what I had in my said to say was driving me nuts about gh. But then it hit me…..since gh specifically sonce it started do you think that towards the end that or at all both of them were from root router as plumbers?

9. Qwerty Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I’m kinda shocked that no one posted cause of my comments

Comments