The X Factor Recap: Double Elimination Reveals Top 8

November 23, 2012 08:11 AM by Melissa Stavarski

This week on The X Factor, the Top Ten performed songs of thanks and dedicated their performances to people who have made a difference in their lives. Sadly, two more acts are eliminated this week. Who makes it to the Top 8? Will Tate Stevens take the top spot on the leaderboard once again?  Keep reading for all the details.

Wednesday night, Tate Stevens sang Lonestar’s “I’m Already There” for his dad. Diamond White dedicated Celine Dion’s “Because You Loved Me” to her mother. ”You’ve never had a moment like that. You are the truth,” L.A. Reid said. Emblem3 performed OneRepublic’s “Secrets” and dedicated it to their youth leaders.

CeCe Frey sang ”Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler for her sister. L.A. shared, “I felt every word of the song.”  Fifth Harmony performed “I’ll Stand By You” by The Pretenders, dedicating it to God and their families. “It was touching and beautiful and bravo,” Britney Spears said. Beatrice Miller chose Snow Patrol’s “Chasing Cars” and dedicated the song to her sisters. Demi Lovato feels as if Beatrice does the same song every week.

Vino Alan chose “God Bless the USA” by Lee Greenwood and dedicated it to the U.S. military, which earned him a standing ovation from the judges. L.A. told Vino, “You stand for the troops of America and I stand for you.” Paige Thomas dedicated “Everytime” by Britney Spears to Colleen, a very special woman who took care of Paige after her mother died. Demi told Paige it was pitchy. Carly Rose Sonenclar sang ”Somewhere Over the Rainbow” for her brother. Demi told Carly, “You are an alien or something but that’s okay because I love aliens.” Simon Cowell added, “You are the best alien I’ve ever heard sing in my life.”

Arin Ray sang “Hero” by Enrique Iglesias and dedicated the song to his brother. ”I felt like it was too big and it was a tough one for you,” said L.A. Fast forward to the results show, Arin is eliminated immediately. Like Lyric145 last week, Arin does not get a chance to sing for survival. Britney tells Arin, “I think you should just take this as a learning experience. This isn’t the last that people are going to hear from you.”

Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez deliver more results to the The X Factor hopefuls. CeCe and Beatrice are the bottom two and must sing for the judges. CeCe performs Kelly Clarkson’s “Because of You.” Beatrice’s song is “White Flag” by Dido. Poor Beatrice… she cries through the entire song. Personally, I love Beatrice, but there’s no way she’s going to “survive” after this lack of a performance.

Demi sends home Beatrice. Britney sends home CeCe. No surprises there.

L.A. sends home Beatrice. Simon says to Beatrice, “I liked you from the beginning, but I think it’s all getting to be too much for you.” To CeCe he points out that she has been in the bottom a lot. In the end, Simon sends home Beatrice, saying it’s just not her time. Beatrice sobs… and Khloe asks her if she’s okay. Britney tells Beatrice, “Sweetheart, you are so young, you have so far to go. This is just the beginning for you. You’re a true star in my eyes, and you always will be.”

Top 8 Leaderboard:

1. Carly Rose Sonenclar

2. Tate Stevens

3. Vino Alan

4. Emblem3

5. Diamond White

6. Paige Thomas

7. Fifth Harmony

8. CeCe Frey

Were you surprised to see Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller go home? Who is your favorite? Sound off in the comments below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The X Factor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: TheXFactor.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, Simon Cowell, The X Factor |

14 Responses to “The X Factor Recap: Double Elimination Reveals Top 8”

1. spoole Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 8:57 am

CeCe Frey sang ”Wind Beneath My Wings” and sounded awful. I understand her reason but others sang with emotion too and were ripped up for it. I think she should have gone home. She is not good and the attempt to make her likable is not working.

2. parachute Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 9:20 am

I loved Beatroce Miller and feel strongly that she totally beat CeCe Frey both as an artist and a person! I don’t think there is anyway possible to make CeCe Frey even “likeable” never mind “talented”…although Simon seems to have a thing for her.

3. catherine Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 11:08 am

cee cee is awful. even though bea was emotional, i like her sound. lyric 145 went home; really.

4. Trovein Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 12:45 pm

How can CeCe still be there she does not sing she screams and screeches.Beatrice should still be there,i wonder who the public wanted to go… simon could of let it go to that and i’ll just bet it would of been CeCe gone.

5. Tania Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I love fifth harmony. I hope they never go home. Cece needs to go next please. Carly is amazing

6. Shree Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I’m surprised to see Beatrice go home. CeCe Frey should’ve gone home. She (CeCe) sounded awful, I understood the reason for the song.

7. Gil King Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 4:18 pm

CeCe was hot, her vocals were over the top. The previous comments are dead wrong.

8. Gene Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 5:10 pm

TATE IS THE BEST THEY HAVE. HE SINGS FROM HIS HEART AND VOCALS ARE JUST FANTASTIC….

9. Kar Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 10:46 pm

They were both mediocre at best. One undeniable FACT is CeCe has shown at least some improvement and Bea hasn’t. And CeCe’s higher range is actually not bad. It’s her lower and mid range when she talks/screams instead of singing thru the notes that is pitchy and awful. Bea failed to stay hydrated or warm up her voice properly or just wasn’t able to cope because her vocals were stretched almost every live performance?? Also, Bea has a bad attitude as is evident in the elimination rounds where she complains each time about her ranking showing her immaturity thus Simon’s valid remarks.

10. Kar Says:
    November 23rd, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Seriously people…..you think you KNOW CeCe?? All you know is the image that the media has portrayed her in. Hell I liked her before….you could see the vulnerability she was trying to mask. Now…who the hell knows?? They’ve tried to recreate her so many times I’m dizzy. Since when was it a crime to be a bitch anyway. These mentors….Demi & Brittany…they don’t even “manage” their own careers they have professional producers doing that. What the heck makes them qualified to produce some one else career?? It’s almost laughable. The show this season just doesn’t make sense. The artist were BETTER before the Mentors interfered!

11. Remy Says:
    November 24th, 2012 at 6:14 am

Ce ce HAVE to Go, she have a very bad attitude and she does Not sing, she screams, her face expressions are always hateful, no feelings in all her songs..Please Please America SEND her home…and Simon, she really not that pretty.

12. Cheryl Says:
    November 24th, 2012 at 7:51 am

Cece made herself unlikeable. From the beginning of the audits she set out to discourage anyone and everyone. It’s her attitude that made her the least of the favorites. She can sing but no humility. And what she shows now is unbelievable. Sorry. I don’t buy the tears now.

13. Norma Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 7:27 am

Cece is awful she should have been gone a long time ago.

14. Robin Says:
    November 27th, 2012 at 8:31 am

I believe Cece should have been gone a long time ago. Every single week she talks and makes it sound like she is on the verge of tears as if she really truly feels but I believe it is all an act. If someone truly feels emotions they will have tears she has no tears just a pitiful whiny voice. She is FAKE and cannot sing. I love the song Wind Beneath My Wings but to me she ruined the song. Watch she will go home this week! Get rid of Cece! She is unlikable and I believe she will never be likable because of how she portrayed herself during the first auditions. Not a good role model that is for sure and she does not have the X-factor!

Comments