Kim Kardashian’s Kitten, Mercy Dies

December 10, 2012 06:58 AM by Donna W. Martin

Keeping Up With The Kardashians star, Kim Kardashian spent the weekend saddened by the loss of her Persian teacup kitten, Mercy. What happened? Keep reading to get the details.

According to ABC News, Kim wrote on her blog Friday, “It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you all that my kitten, Mercy, has passed away. My heart is completely broken,” she added.

Mercy was a gift from boyfriend, Kanye West. Kim took to the little fur ball immediately, but shortly after receiving Mercy, Kim realized she was allergic to cats. “I had fallen SO in love with Mercy,” she said, “that I wanted to try everything I could to keep her, but I didn’t think it was safe to resort to injections, and it wasn’t fair on Mercy, because I couldn’t play with her or give her as much attention as I wanted to,” Kim explained. “Mercy deserved a mom who could really give her the time and affection she deserved.”

Kim knew she had to find Mercy a new home and wanted to make sure she would be taken care of so she gave the cat to Sydney, her sister Khloe’s assistant. Sydney had recently lost a cat after 12 years and Kim thought this would be the most sensible way “to make the best of a difficult situation.”

Sydney took Mercy on October 16 and seemed to be doing fine. She even got good reports from the vet in October and early November at regular checkups. However, according to E! News, by November 26, the cat had become “limp” and wasn’t moving. Mercy was rushed to the vet’s office where they diagnosed a fatal virus that had attacked her stomach. This type of virus acts like a cancer. Sydney was told even an aggressive treatment would not save the kitten and since they did not want her to suffer they had her euthanized.

It broke not only my heart that little Mercy died at only four months old, but Sydney’s too,” Kim said. “Mercy was a gentle and loving kitten and we are all going to miss her so much. Thanks to Sydney for making Mercy’s short life one filled with love.”

We know it’s hard losing a beloved pet. Our hearts go out to Kim and Sydney.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Keeping Up With The Kardashians News. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links Alot: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: E! Reality TV Shows, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kourtney And Kim Take New York |

130 Responses to “Kim Kardashian’s Kitten, Mercy Dies”

1. Jill "Fisher" Krehbiel Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:19 am

OMG!!!!! What are we going to do…..a skank’s kitten died? Alert the media!!!!!
    Really? Who cares? Sorry the kitten died….but what about the soldiers who are dying EVERYDAY ? You know…the ones who are fighting to help keep our COUNTRY safe and free? Yea, we should be learning about these heroes instead of something like her!

2. patsy buck Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:21 am

You call THAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

3. Krista Wooten Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:32 am

This is newsworthy?! Give me a break!

4. Chill Will Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:45 am

Who the F*%@ cares. Pathetic…

5. tracy Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:12 am

really who cares its a cat

6. karen Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:18 am

come on are the news agencies so hard up for news that they really have to print this crap, like does anyone give a damn about either one of the pussys

7. john taylor Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:27 am

and the civilized world should care about her stupid cat???????

8. A Computer User Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:29 am

Why not tell us when any of them poop.

9. Robin G Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:36 am

Since there is no such thing as a teacup persian, my guess is it came from a disreputable breeder. There is no telling what sort of genetic or other diseases that cat had. When you buy from a breeder that is in it purely for profit and preys on the ignorance of the general public, then you get these fake breeds of animals with health problems.

Try a shelter, rescue or reputable breeder next time.

10. Christine Michaels Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:40 am

It’s unfortunate that many people are not aware that there are a number of ways to relieve pet allergies without resorting to medications and injections. http://www.pawsitivelyhumane.org/2012/08/preventing-and-managing-pet-allergies.html

11. sooner chick Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:49 am

It’s a freaking cat! Get over it. It disturbs me when people act like their animals are even comparable to children!

12. todd Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:07 am

How on earth is this news? Bimbo gives away cat and it dies!It died because it was a Kardashian kitten.

13. Chandni Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:10 am

Seriously!? You guys have nothing better to talk about then the Kardashians? Their kitty died I mean yea it’s sad, but honestly I don’t think any one seems to care! They are constantly in the media for the most dumbest things! & I know people are going to say why did you even click on it & or read it, but I did NOT read it I just came here to comment about how stupid it is and how sad the media has become to sit here and to report a story like this….

14. Susan Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:11 am

Seriously!!!! Children die of hunger and disease, gun fire and bombs everyday – and a kitten belonging to the Kardashians dies and its published?!!!! Have some dignity.

15. jonathan Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:13 am

WHO GIVES A SHIT, WITH ALL THE DEATH IN THE WORLD, WHY IS THIS NEWSWORTHY

16. Tonya Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:19 am

OMG WHO GIVES A SHIT???????

17. Fred Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:28 am

kanye west = BAD Karma for K.

18. kk Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:29 am

I would really like to know why this is headline news? I’m sure ABC or anyother news outlet would not of came to my home (if I had called them)when mine died in my arms on christmas.. do we not have anything better to put on the front page of yahoo and other news outlets?

19. R. Baker Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:48 am

Who Freaking Cares!!!!!!!!!

There are more important things in life to report the death of a Kitten.

20. menina san paolo Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:52 am

Losing a pet is always a painful, sad situation. however we wonder why is the death of a cat newsworthy when human being died in Benghazi and apparently the story has been or is being swept nder the rug. e ant and demand a clear explanation of this pre-election coverup.

21. Linda Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:57 am

Sorr for your loss but I have more important things going on like two teeth just broke I have no insurance and I am laid off from work post that on the internet

22. jermm Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:04 am

you all apparently care, you read the article!! Dummies.

23. melissa Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:04 am

REALLY??!! The death of her cat…. and we care because….

24. velma myers Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:09 am

I love animals but it’s not about the cat it’s about the owers and who cares about the “K” I don’t like said b4 we read about our soilders and kids who dies of cancer and other diseases. The media needs to put better stories on the internet. No I didn’t read the story just the headlines–was stupid

25. Gene Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:13 am

Who gives a rat’s ass!!!!!

26. Steve Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:23 am

She had it euthanized. Don’t tug on the heart strings, for a skank that had her cat legally murdered.

27. Susie Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Losing a pet is always sad, but really the world in general doesn’t care. Print real news that concerns more than 1 selfish person!!!!!!

28. rae Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:32 am

you have to be kidding, with all the things that happen in this world, this is headline news?

29. Shelley Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:46 am

This is the most pathetic piece of journalism !!!!

30. linda Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:48 am

Lord Have “Mercy”, I just could not believe when I read this on my page and here I am worried about paying my rent. You want the nation to know these folk cat died and yes I am sorry but really is it that important to the world!!! Time to stop this non-sense!!!

31. bull2571 Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:52 am

Too bad the kitten died it’s tragic and sad. What’s even more sad is that this is news and Kim K and the rest of those A$$h0l3s are still breathing. They should have caught the virus not the poor cat

32. Jen Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:53 am

WHO CARES!!!!!!!

33. bre Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:54 am

did the cat kill itself?

34. Scary Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:54 am

This is why I don’t care for Yahoo much anymore, frivolous nonsense like this. After seeing Lil Wayne the top search for month straight last year I made my homepage google.

35. DiAnne Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:56 am

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! I am sitting here watching my Mom die a slow death and this makes the news!! Why of why are people so drawn to this family and every move they make. I bet if Kim had taken the virus we would get every detail of how many times she pukes or poops.

36. Ohio Ani Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:04 am

Aww Gee,
    This makes news why?????
    My 16 3/4 year old cat died Nov 19, 2012. Maybe I should call the media. I’m going to barf!!!
    REALLY???????

37. Carol Parry Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:10 am

I agree with everyone else on here. How really gives a damn about anything to do with that trashy family. A kitten dies and that is news. Give me a break. I only opened this so I could make this statement.

38. kathleen callahan Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:15 am

You have to be kidding me. My daughter had to have two of her ‘rescued’ dogs put down one in Oct and one in Nov., one was 13 yrs old and the little one was 19 1/2 years. The vet told her that the 19+ was actually 100 yrs old in human yrs. The vet had taken care of Skippy since she was born. Was my daughter in a low slump…you bet!! Kim’s cat was ‘out of sight-out of mind’ I would like to know if Kim was upset about the Navy Seal that died during a rescue. Oh, Yes, you have to read the real news.

39. sue Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:21 am

She wasent that upset when her marriage broke up. Guess the cat meant more than her husband.

40. donna Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:22 am

if kim is allergic,why didnt she find out a year or two ago when she held that cat by the scruff of its neck?

41. Steph Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:26 am

Jill Fisher – that was the LONGEST response from someone that “doesn’t care”. WOW! When I don’t like a particular person, I just move on to the next article. Maybe all of you who hate her some much should focus your negative energy somewhere where it might make more sense. Doesn’t accomplish anything here……..

42. KLee Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hey those of you ranting that this isn’t news….wake up…this isn’t a news site…its a reality TV tabloid site. If you don’t want to read this crap why are you here? If you want real news go to CNN or something.

43. Steph Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:31 am

WOW! I clicked on this article because I am actually sad that the kitten died. After reading everyone’s comments, it just reaffirms how good of a person I really am for caring cuz it seems I am the only one that does. Hell, I don’t care if it was Hitler’s kitten, I would still be sad. Unfortunately, animals can’t choose their owners. And, this is just a suggestion, if you hate the K’s so much, then move on to the next article. No one forced you to read this.

44. Duncan S. Jackson Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Who cares? Really. I care so little, I wonder why I am even here.

45. bfrlip Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:33 am

must have been a really slow weekend. Does anyone really care about them, let alone their cat? No wonder why America is going down the shitter.

46. SHARON Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:33 am

So sorry for the loss. I know it hurts as much as losing a human loved one, She was so beautiful.

47. Warren Dastal Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:37 am

Oh, come on people. Can anyone expect a person with the IQ of a cat to be upset with real world problems. To her, a “Peer” has just died. Let her, and her public anguish alone. Next week the new storyline she is paying for will be the adoption of another puss-puss.
    Anything for a photo.

48. Allen Romero Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:39 am

Yup…the End is Nigh…this is the First Sign! Read Revelations oh I’m jk but SERIOUSLY?

49. joanne Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:40 am

get a life Kim who cares about your dumb kitten…..send A CHECK TO the St.Jude rearch Hospital and check out how many babies are dying of cancer so forget your kitten and get a life to the the real world.

50. uhgrad007 Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:42 am

her “kitty” died a long time ago

51. InDisbelief Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:46 am

I feel bad for the kitten. With the money these people have and flaunt around, why didn’t they try treating the kitten or find out much earlier this was the case?

Like others, I wonder if it came from a reputable breeder. Surely there had to have been some kind of sign this kitten was sick, like maybe it wasn’t eating?

But, when you are SO IMMERSED in SELF, its hard to see past yourself to anything else going on around you.

52. slb862 Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Are you kidding me? I bust my (butt) working a 24hr shift, driving in a major snowstorm, saving lives, not even with my furry friends, and my week is not over yet. AND YOU have the audacity to write about this? Write about something we would like to hear about. Shame on YOU!!

53. Blake Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! ! ! HOW DOES SOMEONES CAT DYING MAKE NEW ??? IM SO SICK OF THOSE FREAKS ‘kardashian’s like they are sooooo dam important.
    I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THAT MONKEY FACE,BIG ASS LIKE A CITY BUS,AND HER OVER SIZED GORILLA HIPS YA PIG,NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GOD DAM CAT…….

54. Barb Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Teacup animals are very fragile as their life cycle is disrupted in the breeding process. If you knew how many animals died trying to breed that tiny size – you would be horrified. I have no respect for anyone who supports the teacup industry – they make puppy mills look like heaven by comparison…..

55. mgc94520 Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Who cares about the Kardashain Skanks,,no one who has posted here. There 15 minutes is up. The only thing noteworthy is that she should be investigated for animal abuse as she gave the cat away and then it died.

56. patricia Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

This is news? My friend has cancer, and a cat is news. Someone needs to get a life.

57. Blake Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

booooooooooooo hooooooooo

SHUUUUUUUUUUP KIM………fat ass

58. Amy Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hey, once you give the kitten to someone else, it’s no longer YOUR kitten, but belongs to the person you gave it to. At any rate Kanye West has been dating this brainless ho for how long & he never knew she was allergic to cats? News Flash: The world at large doesn’t consider this news, Kimmie!

59. Pamela Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

A lot of you guys are complete and udder idiots. If you are going to come on here and complain about something that was written, maybe you should learn to spell, speak in sentences and be grammatically correct before you just start half ass ranting that makes you look STUPID!

Everyone that is all whoa is me because it was not published when their animals died needs to get over it. You are not a celebrity. Whether anyone likes it or not, everything in a celebrity’s life is news worthy, whether their cat dies, they fart, they are pregnant or anything else. So get over it and quit bitching about an article being written over a kitten dying.

60. dej8rcoks Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Ok first off, this isnt on a news website but in the part that says celebrate news. 2nd off she didnt have the kitten killed, the new cat owner did. If you like the Kardashians, then read it, if you like pets read it, if you like cats read it. Those of you who do not like her or family, just skip any articles with their name in it. But I have one question? How many of you like Jersey Shores, the Bachlor and Bachlorett, Suvivor, Teen Moms and all those other shows… Well they are just as worse as what people say about Kardashian.. Lets lie and cheat, plot and scheme to win money. Lets teach my niece and newphews how to be a drunking duche bag, whore and slut (and that iare the guys of jersey shores) and the girls to.. Let teach young inpressionable kids that you can fall in love in 6 weeks will going through 20 guys or woman and slowly kick them out of your lives… Lets show how even though they say teen pregnancy is bad, they keep having sex, keep getting into the same relationships over and over. They call each other names to the point that when their children grow up and see the show they are shamed of their parents… Yeah those shows are much better… So you watch your shows and let other people watch yours… You clicked on the article just so you can say mean stuff about them… Just because you have freedom of speech doesnt mean you have the right to be mean… Think of that before shooting your mouths off….

61. TopGuy Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

That poor cat probably committed suicide.

62. Valerie Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

HI!!! If you people really dont care and think its so wrong to worry about this person’s cat… WHY ARE YOU STILL READING AND TAKING THE TIME TO POST??!! GET A LIFE of your own, and stay off GOSSIP NEWS and focus on whats important to
    YOU.

63. carole Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

my cat died too. It didn,t get in the obiturary

64. marti Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

OMG you tramp, was not your cat any more the moment you gave to some on else. This go’s to show she needs people to feel sorry for poor tramp Kim, Please, I lost my dog after 18 years and still had a hard time to let go of him. And you want people to think you care about something????? No! many of us hard working people LAUGH AT YOU, you are not a real feeling person, no one in your family is. Sadly to say it will take a real life Illness to have the Kardashian’s really start to know how the real world lives. I do not feel sorry for you I only feel for the cat and the real pet mom that got hurt. BO HO BO HO KIM YOU CRY WOFE TO MUCH………

65. robbiechase Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

So her cat died, so did mine just a few weeks ago, I didn’t see anyone here to report it when he took his last little breath in my arms. I didn’t see the news reporters here when I buried him in our pet cemetery.
    You guys need to find something real to report about. How about the homeless people that would love to have just the money they throw away on coffee.

66. Bronwyn Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

You can be saddened by the death of an animal & not have it take away from what you perceive to be greater losses. It doesn’t have to be either/or. I’m no Kardashian fan & i know if this happened to one of us it would be in the news, but it’s not the kitten’s fault. People are becoming increasingly colder on a daily basis.

67. Bronwyn Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Plus, what kind of news do you expect to read if you’re visiting a reality tv website?

68. Sloane Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

TO ALL YOU MEAN HATERS HATING ON THE POOR KITTEN–SHUT YOUR GODDAMN TRAPS! THIS WAS A KITTEN, NOT A CAT. It was a precious life. Look at her photo. She was in agony and had a short life–what some of you mean bastards deserve. So go take your nasty snot-nosed comments and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine. I’m not a Kim K fan but she lost her pet, Okay?? It’s TRAGIC. You mean people make me want to spit on you all.

69. Judy Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I love my pet but really???

70. BJ Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Cat suicides are rare but understandable in this circumstance.

71. Robert Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I had kittens die before. never made the news. who gives a fuck…really?

72. Noah Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

The best news would be to read that she died!! Im sick of all the Kardashian whores and their Slut Mom!

73. anita ward Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Tells you how loved the kitten was, how much attention it got. The virus has warning signs for weeks like vomiting and dirrhea guess kim could not take the mess poor spoiled brat.

74. Kaye Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Who in the hell cares?

What is the demon spirit that rules the media?

Idiocy? Boredom?

75. Vivi Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Kanye, probably found it on the street anyways!! Why has this story been in the top trending since this weekend! Ridiculous!!

76. SoKardash Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

So glad you published this!! poor Kim!! Great to see you deliver REAL breaking news!!

77. Georgette Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Hey I lost my cat about three weeks ago. Can we write a story about that. I am sure everyone will want to read about it. Really.

78. Georgette Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

P.S. I did not read the article, just went straight to comments. How stupid.

79. Marilyn Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Dude you know Kim hated having a litter box in her house & probably that the cat would use it then walk on the carpet. I believe she tried to be nice about it(just because Kanye gave it to her) but also it was because she’s such an anal neat freak. Thanks Kanye for trying to show that cats are great extravagant gifts too. Not just dogs. Cats are so much less maintenance too.

80. TC Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

im sure thats not the only pussy in the family that has gotten a bad infection!

81. Pat Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I sure wouldn’t take time out of my busy day to comment on a story I don’t care about. But, anyways,since I do care, I’m very sorry for her loss cause I know what that feels like. It’s nice to show empathy when needed.

82. diana Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

So sad to hear about the kitten – Really people – KIM doesnt ask you to read about her nor does she need your ugly remarks. Not saying I am her biggest fan – but show a little compassion – and for those of you who posted calling her names & wishing her dead – shame on you!! who are you to wish death upon someone – what the hell did she do to you to wish such awfulness. Mercy on your souls!!

83. fran lester Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

enough already of kimmie and the rest of the KKKs.it just gets sillier.she’s trying to be “sophia loren”—disgraceful.that’s like sayin’ she’s god. now she is planning this big-a– wedding to be like william and katherine.this is all just pitiful and silly! i actually don’t wish them bad luck;;;JUST GO AWAY ! or do something sensible.

84. Elena Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Wow!!! Really, did Kim’s Fat A$$ sit on her poor kitty….God!!! Why is this news!!!!

85. Ashley Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:12 pm

You all make me sick. Have a sense of decency and show at least some form of sympathy instead of insulting someone during a period of grief. It doesn’t matter who owns it or what it is, it is a life that was lost and no one deserves to recieve such hate mail, not even the Kardashians. I am sure we have all felt heartbroken and distraught over our lost pets and loved ones and I know Kim feels that way too. There is no reason to complain about this article and comparing it to other factors, there is already so much death, pain and bitterness, we as readers do not need to add more.

86. Susan Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Not that I care about the Kardasians, but it is sad that a pet died. FYI, a teacup or miniature anything though is a genetic anomaly, which means that the breeder purposely bred “runts”. That is not responsible as you are breeding for one genetic trait which results in many hidden genetic problems. The pet buying/loving population needs to realize that any “designer” pet is, by and large, not going to be healthy.

87. Val Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

R U KIDDING ME???? Who really cares? Whoever had enough time to spend on writing this story should be fired. Obviously they are oblivious to the fact that there are murders, child abuse, and about a zillion other things that deserve attention and the only reason that this even made any kind of headline is because the dirty tramp has money. That is so disgusting.

88. roy Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

although it is sad that the cat died, tell me again why this story is so news worthy????????? dogs and cats pass away every day, what the heck makes this one so darn special????????

89. mike Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

THE CAT DIED JUST TO GET AWAY FROM HER AND HER FAMILY!!!POOR KITTY.

90. KERMIT Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I just pooped and covered it in Gold and put it on EBAY …………

91. PEACHES Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

when you come to reality tv magazine’s website and get mad about editorials about the personal lives of reality tv celebrities then you have to ask yourself “what did i really expect to read about here?”.

92. Jim Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I hear it was big and black. Really big .

93. Denise Esquivel Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

REALLY WHO GIVES A SH@+!

94. Nuke L.A. Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

If I belonged to her, I’d want to die too

95. Richard Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Considering it was around the Kardashians I am thinking the actual cause of death was suicide.

96. EIsabelle Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

My sympathy to Sydney on the death of her cat. But is this newsworthy??? My precious dog, Pickles, is almost 18 and will not make it through Christmas so I understand the pain. But to quote ” according to ABC news” ??????? Holywood has really taken over national news.

97. Nik Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

seriously!!! this is news…there are far more important things in this world that deserve to be big stories,not something about a so called celebrity’s cat

98. me Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Who Gives A God-damned Flying Fuck about this bitch’s cat? What the fuck is happening to this world? My fucking God man !

99. L A Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Are we still on this yahoo? there are so many other things going on in the world that is really newsworthy

100. amber ball Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

are you serious. Young men,, Daddys, sons, brothers, uncles, nephews, and heros are giving up their life and we report this shit! come on! what a joke our country is becoming!

101. maggie Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

A virus? Please, she probably sat on it with her fat ass. I looked at the trending on yahoo, and thought it said Kardashian Died. Too bad.

102. maggie Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

what an attention whore!

103. rinna Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I feel bad for the cat not her.

104. Bobby Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Why is this news? My sister in law had to put her dog down today. Let’s alert the media. I know it’s tough to lose a pet and many people do consider them part of their families, like we do. But is it really new worthy??

105. Tony Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

After hearing this story i completely forgot the other big news in our society……who won the election last month and what was with the Libya thing?

106. gina Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

It is sad the kitten died,but please – enough about the Kardashians already! The only one doing any thing interesting is Khloe on X factor!!!

107. Matt Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Who cares? So her kitten died? How many other pet owners have lost their cats – and how many have alerted the media? The press needs to ignore Kim Kardashian and her family. They are not a story, and do not deserve the Media’s time or coverage.

108. Layla Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Ummm…well, I would die of fright to if I was as close to Fatty Kimmy’s face as that poor kitten is in that pic above.

109. dan Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 5:15 pm

9 marrines have been killed in the sandbox in the last 7 days and we dont hear anything on here letalone on the national news,but i havta read that that this useless member of societys cat died,wow really

110. Nycole L. Lopez Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Yo people!!!! Calm urselves down. Jeez poor Kim n Sydney are devastated by the loss of their kitten so give them a break. Dont you think they’re going through enough already. Like come on I recently lost my kitten she was such an angel!! She was a tiny calico kitten n her name was Boo-Boo. So yea if we lose a cat it’s really not a big deal but hey guess what?? Mercy was a kardashain!! Mercy had her own facebook page. Basically Mercy was famous along with all the other Kardashain/Jenner girls. But you guys are just ordinary people(so am I)maybe if you go jump off a cliff or die then they’ll put u on the news. But until then leave the Kardashain’s alone including Mercy. R.I.P Mercy<3 Nycole

111. Lisa Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

You seriously have got to kidding me. I mean who gives a crap if her Kitten passed away. Would she care if one of our Pets perished ? I think NOT. Who is she banging to get this trending ?

This world is so messed up and Yahoo cares about a KITTEN. WOW

112. Morwalk Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 6:03 pm

It is sad that the kitten died. It had a virus. It was probably in a great deal of pain. Animals feel pain you compassionless cretins. Those of you who say, “Who cares?!,” have no heart. Just because some of us care about a kitten who lost her life doesn’t mean we care more about them than our children. OMG!!! What a bunch of ignorant fools who can’t even use proper grammar! I agree with some of the others who’ve commented. If you think this isn’t worthwhile, why did you read it. Or maybe you just wanted to rant about the title without having read the article. Everyone should watch Jeremy Rifkin’s Empathic Civilization. The basic concept is that if we don’t have compassion/empathy for other species, there is no hope for humanity.

113. laurie Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? SORRY ABOUT THE CAT BUT ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? THIS IS NEWS????? OMG THE KARTRASHIANS HAVE TO GO AWAY……THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL WITH THIS IDIOTS LIKE THESE WHORES AND SNOOKIE

114. monica Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

S/O to the people that aren’t rich and famous and lose their pets…

115. Rachael Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Who in the hell cares about their cat? is this all we have to read? must be better issues out there than a cat dying, this is sad and sick coverage for sluts

116. rebecca Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I´m sorry you lost your little kitty, Kim. I lost a lttle kitty named Tabitha when a brown recluse spider bit her and she died of a heart attack. I hope you feel better soon. I am glad you are an animal lover like me. — Love, Rebecca Ochs.

117. Elizabeth Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:13 pm

THIS MAKES NEWS?????????????? HOW MANY BABIES DIED TODAY???????????????????????????????????????HOW MANY MILITARY DID WE LOOSE? MOTHERS? FATHERS? SISTERS? BROTHERS?????? GIVE ME A F’N BREAK!!!

118. Caren Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

lol…they do realize this is just a cat right? Its not like it was a human being

119. Belief Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:25 pm

This is unbelievable! People are starving to death! People don’t have jobs! People are eating out of the garbage can! Many kittens don’t have a place to go at all and are starved to death and run over! Why is this news! You are not going to tell me that NOTHING else in this world was going on that you could not report on! This is SAD and a NEW LOW for the so called journalism community.

120. laura Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Amazing….somehow this is #6 on yahoo ‘trending’ and the seal team 6 member that passed away is #7…..truely amazing

121. Gina Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Sounds like the kitten had FIP. Common in purebred cats. Very sad but I agree, not newsworthy.

122. copper Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

The really sad thing about this story, other than nobody cares, is somewhere there is a set of parents who paid good money for an education so their idiot offspring could go on and write such meaningless dribble. Even more pathetic is the fact that the author probably truly believes this is a world changing article and they should be awarded the Pullitzer.

123. Cheyla Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I hope she doesn’t decide to add the kitten’s skin to her fur collection. Maybe this will even embolden her to have some compassion for the dead animals she wears on her neck!

124. Meghan Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Some of these comments are so sad and heart breaking. Obviously, these people have never owned or loved an animal. Yes, they are a part of our family just as if they are one of our kids.

There are so many unfeeling people in this world.

125. Brittany Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I’m surprised she didn’t make that cat into a fur coat.

126. Nicole Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Aw, that’s very unfortunate for the cat, not a fan of the Kardashians, but it is always sad to hear about the death of an animal.

127. stephen Greene Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Guess what? Jesus Died…He died for you. Doesn’t that make you more emotional than a cat dying? What a immoral, mixer up world we live in, huh?…and who cares about Kim K’s problems anyway?

128. chupas Says:
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:37 pm

who gives a flying fuck . ! its a shame she’ll never learn to be a real WOMAN . YESSSSSS ” “WOMAN” ! DO YOU EVEN KNO WHAT THAT MEANS ! ? WHEN SHE LEARNS THAT , SHE’LL FIND INNER PEACE AND GOD .

129. michael roby Says:
    December 11th, 2012 at 12:38 am

You People Have got to be FUCKING kidding,who gives a FUCK ABOUT THAT BITCHES CAT passing away.

130. Michael Says: