Carly Rose Sonenclar’s Family Angry Over LeAnn Rimes Fiasco

December 22, 2012 03:00 PM by Donna W. Martin

During The X Factor Final, Carly Rose Sonenclar teamed up with the wrong singer, LeAnn Rimes for a duet of “How Do I.” But the performance did nothing to help Carly’s chances of winning the competition and a $5 million recording contract. In fact, the horrible duet may have helped Carly lose the competition and her family is fired up about it!

According to TMZ, Carly’s family is more than a little angry, they are “royally p*issed off” at LeAnn Rimes for “trashing their daughter’s performance on Wednesday night.”

However, Rimes didn’t believe she did anything wrong. To the contrary, she said, “I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having trouble with the song.”

A source close to Carly’s family said her mother felt as though Rimes “threw their daughter under the bus” and was absolutely livid that Rimes would blame her bad performance on Carly claiming the 13-year-old was “nervous and had trouble hitting the high notes.”

Other family members are speaking out as well. They agree with Carly’s mother that Rimes threw her under the bus and said Carly was a pro and that she out-performed Rimes during the duet.

But Carly’s family members aren’t the only ones who were angry, social media exploded with comments following the performance. And Rolling Stones said, “Rimes’ greasy-haired, skin and bones dumpster-diver look was a total distraction. We couldn’t take our eyes off her. She’s only 30 – what in the h*ll happened to her? However, even if we had covered our eyes, the song was still a disaster. Their voices didn’t jell, and LeAnn’s raspy vocals just seemed to drag Carly’s usually flawless sound down in the muck.”

Do you think Carly Rose had any trouble hitting the high notes? Or was this just an excuse Rimes used to justify her poor performance? Do you think the duet with Rimes was partly to blame for Carly’s loss? We know you have an opinion and we’d love to hear it. Post a comment below and let us know what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The X Factor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: TheXFactor.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, The X Factor |

27 Responses to “Carly Rose Sonenclar’s Family Angry Over LeAnn Rimes Fiasco”

1. Maria Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I agree with Carly’s mother and Rolling Stones. I’d like to know who in the h*ll had the brillant idea to team her up with Rimes????

2. Sinclair Hatfield Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I believe they chose Tate because he is a Garth Brooks type and very “at the moment” marketable on a large scale. I believe all the singing shows are just programs and planned by the director. The America voted part of it has little or nothing to do with the results. Carly will make millions in her own right so not to worry. Personally I think Carly would have been a better choice as being so young would have long career. However she must also be a kid for awhile, she has plenty of time to be famous later, just sing for fun now.

3. Charles Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I can’t believe that cowboy won. Carly is the X factor and I have to agree, that woman didn’t help her win. I wish she had singed with Celine Dion or Karmin. She would have definitely won. Love you Carly!

4. Lorn Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Rimes killed that song, she sucked. Carly Rose can still make it big, she has a bright future ahead of her and I can’t wait to listen to this young talent.

Carly Rose fan from NZ

5. Gordon Terralavoro Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I was shocked when Carly announced her!! Of all the people they could have gotten she was really bad. I know the next day had nothing to do with the result but they make her sing a country song with that second rate country singer who won. I guess they didn’t wamt him look as bad as he is.

6. Maya Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Completely and utterly LeAnn Rimes’ fault. She tried so hard to over power Carly with her horrifically raspy and cracky voice that it made the performance HORRIBLE! Carly sounded amazing at the very beginning of the song by herself with out the so called 30 year old LeAnn who by the way looks like she’s 60! Carly would have won if it wasn’t for that horrible excuse of a singer. I didn’t even know LeAnn before this performance and I’m so glad that I didn’t because I probably would have been scarred for life by now. So thank you LeAnn for ruining Carly’s chance at a $5 million recording contract. Bright side, Carly will be bigger than Tate!

7. Monica Guy Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Carly was fabulous as always and I was really disappointed with Leeann Rimes, I thought she did a poor job and really let Carly down. Carly would have done a better job of that song by herself in my opinion

8. YWalk Says:
    December 22nd, 2012 at 10:12 pm

The fix was on

9. shannelle angelika horan Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 1:19 am

i think,,they’re right.. it’s not carly’s voice is the problem in here! it’s with lianne rimes..the fact that she’s blaming carly for her poor performance! i think rimes have to apologize to carly’s family of what she had done of throwing carly under the bus.. but its not like we should blame rimes for carly’s loss.. tate is just deserving .. im carly’s biggest fan ever.. and we should respect wheather she win or lose…

10. Carmen Riese Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 8:11 am

Tate was going to win no matter what..country music fans were going to see to that..Nothing against Carly she is fantastic..she will get a major contract probably more than the 5 mil Tate got…but she was not robbed.

She did out perform LeAnn..LeAnn needs to go to drug rehab

11. hartshog Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 9:10 am

Leanne would do well as a partner, but she was drunk and hanging all over Carly. I know drunks when I see one and it was un-excusable.

Carly sung the song really well. There certainly was professional performing from the young girl. Carly was not struggling, I am a fan of Leanne and her music, Carly was certainly doing serious justice to the words and music.

I believe Carly’s parents most certainly have a lawsuit possibility for both non-performance and defamation. But, it would be like draining blood from a rock.

I would rather concentrate starting a wonderful career for Carly, while her brand is know, and create music this whole country will love.

12. Dylon Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 10:03 am

Leann Rimes needs to rot in hell for blaming Carly. CRS is a badass and leann rimes could never sing as good as her. She needs to go back to rehab because obviously it did not work.

13. Jaden Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I don’t know if Carly would of one won or not if she had been paired in a duet with someone besides Leann Rimes.I do know this; Leann Rimes made a total fool out of herself and her already failing career is destroyed not only by her performance, but by her blaming young Carly instead taking responsibility for her mess up. Carly will go on to do great things I would imagine, but Leann might as well hang up her reigns and find a nice beach someplace. Girl has some serious issues in my opinion.

14. X Factor Is to Blame, and Tate Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 2:20 pm

The main one to blame here is X Factor for sabotaging Carly Rose by pairing her with a person with REAL BAD publicity right now, LeAnn Rimes. They obviously didn’t want Carly to win because they would otherwise have placed her with a winner like the other two acts were. Placing Carly with a “trainwreck in the public eye” solidified the horribly manipulative and rigged nature of this show in my mind. They knew Rimes haters would pounce and the bad publicity would not be good for Carly votes (many of her fans likely were tweeting about drunk LeAnn instead of voting). They were clearly grooming Tate and threw Carly under the bus by giving her Rimes. And then Rimes threw Carly under the bus by apparently blaming her for the unprofessional performance, and now Carly’s mother threw Carly under the bus by apparently blaming Rimes and perpetuating bad drama in social media and bringing yet more “bad” publicity to Carly instead of rising above and refusing to “play this sordid game.” Carly is the only one apparently not blaming anyone! Ultimately though, Rimes had no place in a performance “for the win” as she is so “hated” right now and hardly up to par with her singing and up to par interpersonally. Ultimately it was X Factor producers who stuck Carly with a “trainwreck” obviously to derail her from winning (let’s face it, Rimes could not possibly have helped her chances and X Factor is not stupid, they knew it). I will never watch another “talent” show on TV like X Factor or Idol, as they are manipulative, rigged annoyances that crap all over people for their own gain. And obviously had this competition been about talent and the good overall package of a person, Carly would have won. Instead, sob stories and mediocrity won in the end, not to mention a bunch of alterior motives like trainwrecking and derailing of others for selfish satisfaction and gain. Everyone was a victim here instead of X Factor who started the whole bitter ball rolling. And the worst victim of all was innocent and sweet Carly Rose, a 13-year-old prodigy, the only contestant to thank the audience after each performance, who is too good for it all and never threw anyone under a train. Honestly, she is better off without being in the clutches of a filthy X Factor winning prize and contract. Poor Carly Rose, without much of a voice here, well, compared to adults. But then, how can she be? She is a child at the whim of others (did her parents care more about the money than her well-being?). As for Tate, what a boo hoo sob story teller to get the prize (I’d be happy to have that job he did), saying he deserved the prize more than the others (who is he to say?), while also trashing Carly’s semi-final performance backstage afterward (sure that didn’t help her votes) thus throwing her under the train too. Real mature. Boo hoo for all this! Boo!

15. Linda Says:
    December 23rd, 2012 at 6:00 pm

LeAnn sounded so nasa you couldn’t even understand a word that was coming out of her mouth. It was terrible. She is the one you would expect to be so great, But she was sucked bad! Carly sounded better then LeAnn, at least you could understand every word. If the music wasn’t playing you wouldn’t even know what song it was. What did happen to LeAnn? Carly will be fine, she is going to make it big time.

16. Sandy L Says:
    December 24th, 2012 at 6:55 am

Leanne Rimes was a mess(either alcohol or drugs)….Her voice (even if she sang like she use to) would not have blend with Carly’s–Carly can sing about anything but she is not country….Carly had the XFACTOR–Tate
    was your regular country western singer–I like country but this show is for someone who stands out–Carly is a 13 year old girl with alot of TALENT–someone should give her a contract and help her along….These Shows are getting ridiculous and predictable as usual…..We should ALL stop watching them……

17. Bob Says:
    December 24th, 2012 at 9:09 am

I think anyone who understands music knows that Carly Rose was clearly the best talent in this year’s XFactor.

But let’s not overlook the fact that she is a professional singer/performer represented by an agency. She is already an accomplished Broadway actress. She will make a lot of money in show business.

I was a Carly Rose supporter during the run of the show. I did not learn of her career until after the finals. I was a little saddened to learn of it. I was rooting for her, thinking that she was this adorable coming of age amateur talent.

Looking back at her initial audition I can see now that it was contrived. Walking on stage acting shy and mousey, when she had already performed in the biggest musical in Broadway’s history (Les Mis).

I will always wish her well, but I feel that these types of shows should exclude professionals. I thought they are suppose to find new talent.

18. Edwardian8 Says:
    December 24th, 2012 at 11:49 am

Something lost in this whole brouhaha is the fact that none of the articles about Carly’s family’s reaction contain a single quote from them or connect comments to them via a single named source. This is rubbish journalism. Although anger would certainly be a reasonable and expected reaction, give her family credit for never having said a public word about this.

19. Melissa Says:
    December 24th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I agree that the duet wasn’t that great, but Carly has her fans and they know how good she is. Whether or not she sang with Leanne or not, I think Tate would have won it. He has a huge fan base and he’s a family man, which also gets votes. He beat Carly out for first place many weeks during the season and I think he would have won regardless. I am a fan of both, but I did vote for Carly. I don’t think Leanne had anything to do with Tate’s victory.

20. Lori Black Says:
    December 24th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I was sickened by the fiasco with LeeAnn Rhimes.
    Carly should have won. She was clearly the best singer, and she worked harder than the rest. You could just tell. It’s true that the country’s demographics majority listens to country, but what happened to rewarding someone based on merit?
    There is no way that Tate Stevens should have won. His singing is like karaoke to me while Carly had mastered her voice and sounds so much better. And why would they let a singer who was impaired on stage. Someone should have stopped it. I think Rhimes performance hurt Carly in that she was unable to execute her song the way she wanted because Rhimes was so out of it.

21. emily Says:
    December 25th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I think that no matter what happened the song would be horrible. Carly has a wonderful voice< but obviously she had trouble with this song. She should have done a Taylor Swift or Demi Lovato song. I do think that Carly will make it someday. She is only 13 and still has many years and chances ahead of her.

22. Errol Says:
    December 26th, 2012 at 12:12 am

Its an absolute disgrace that Stevens won..monotonous, dull,boring, predictable country singer, penny a dozen..where on earth is his “X Factor” ? Carly at her audition raised the competition to another level, she displayed all the qualities required.
    Carly is X Factor personified. How on earth America voted is a total mystery..and as for Rhimes, the comments above speak loudly.
    Simon what happened to your definition for a X Factor contestant???

23. Frances Says:
    December 26th, 2012 at 11:17 am

Quit wining about it its over with, Tate won, he was way better. Quit being sore loosers, besides Carley was a professional broadway singer coming into the competition. Move on!!!

24. Findarainbow Says:
    December 26th, 2012 at 11:57 am

Carly is very talented, but please Tate is ready! don’t take away from tate because he was the whole package

25. Howard Says:
    December 26th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Leanne destroyed the duet, though Carly comported herself well and managed to credibly carry out her role in the song. She also praised Leanne in the post-song interview in which she stated that she was made “comfortable” by Leanne and had the “most fun” while on stage. Nevertheless, a disaster for Carly–even though Simon stated that overall Carly “had a good night.”

Carly is superbly talented and her majestic voice will ultimately enable her to attain wide international as well as national recognition. As Britney Spears said, “its time for Carly to move beyond X factor.” Can’t wait to buy her 1st album. Hope she attains a recording contract soon.

26. Sam Says:
    February 9th, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Wow! We ended up with another country western singer. Tate is a nice guy but he is just another country western singer. Carly is a new talent. She was cheated out of the winner spot. Of course, she will end up with a recording contract and sing for many years. Tate will last a year or two and end up becoming another has been. Nice going Simon. You missed out on Carly and millions of dollars.

27. glen langdon Says:
    February 26th, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Sense when is it OK to put a 13 year old who doesn’t sing country with a country singer who by the way isn’t that good in the first place. The pairing was a horrible mistake and even if Rimes was at her best it still wouldn’t of worked. As far as Carly goes, everybody seems to think she is going to be ok. I pray that will be the case but still worry that this could bring a bright career down to just another 13 year old singer. As far as Tate, he wasn’t that good, in fact when I did take time to listen to him I was shocked to see him carry such high ratings. My main question right now is where is Carly and what is she doing. I don’t want to lose track of her because she is such a good singer. If I ever won the lottery, I would look her up and a few others from the X factor and make sure they just don’t fade out of sight. Carly you won as far as I’m concerned and I know millions of other people feel the same way.

Comments