Kathy Griffin Kisses Anderson Cooper’s Junk

January 02, 2013 03:30 PM by Donna W. Martin

Kathy Griffin of Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List and Anderson Cooper co-hosted CNN’s live coverage of New Year’s Eve. And of course, Griffin was cracking jokes and being the funny girl, but she took it to an all time low when she bent down and kissed Cooper’s crotch.

According to CNN, Cooper giggled like a school boy at Griffin’s antics while the two co-hosted live coverage of New Year’s Eve and Twitter followers took notice. “Someone on Twitter said there was going to be a drinking game, every time I giggle nervously,” Cooper told Griffin, “At which point, people would already by drunk by now because I’ve giggled nervously; I’ve started to sweat already.”

“I’m going to tickle your sac,” Griffin responded and reached for his crotch, which sent Cooper into more nervous giggles.

Trying to play it off, Cooper said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have no sack of gifts here. I did not bring a sack of Christmas presents.”

Griffin was relentless. “Do you call your privates your Christmas presents?” she asked. “That’s typical hot guy…Let’s open up the Christmas presents.”

But things became even more shocking following a clip from East Port, Maine. The New Year’s tradition in East Port, Maine is the dropping of the sardine. An eight-foot sardine was dropped from the tallest building in town, the Tides Institute and Museum of Art and when the sardine hits the ground, tradition says you are supposed to kiss it.

This apparently put Griffin in the kissing mood. She nonchalantly bent down and kissed Cooper’s crotch. Can anybody say violated? Poor Cooper could do nothing but giggle, shake his head, and cover his face with his hand. But as Griffin tried to go in for a double take, Cooper turned away and asked, “Did you drop something?”

“No I was kissing the sardine,” Griffin said. “I can do it again. I can do this all night,” she added. “I’m going down. You know you want to.”

“Believe me, I really don’t,” Cooper said.

What did you think of Griffin’s crotch kissing stunt? Did you think it was funny? Or gross? Do you think Cooper had nightmares? We know you have an opinion so tell us all about it by posting a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.

Photo Credit: CNN

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List |

23 Responses to “Kathy Griffin Kisses Anderson Cooper’s Junk”

1. David Richardson Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 3:55 pm

It’s just Kathy’s way of livening things up. What do you expect? From past performances this shouldn’t be that shocking. Everybody needs to relax and get a grip on what’s important. What are impressional children doing up at that hour anyway? Kathy’s OK, and you’ll get over it!

2. Judith Platt Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I adore Kathy Griffin, she is hilarious, BUT Anderson Cooper is a really classy guy and she went a bit too far with her antics. He deserves more respect than that sleazy bit she tried to FORCE on him.

3. Jill Ed Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I love Kathy, and she is known for pushing it a little too far. I’m sure she loved it. Will they ask her back..we’ll see.

4. riley Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Kathy Griffin is what settles to the bottom of an old jelly jar after it’s been dipped into by an dirty spoon a thousand timed, then set on a shelf for one hundred years. shes beyonded dicussding.

5. Michele Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 4:23 pm

A bit much, even for Kathy. My five-year-old stayed up to see Midnight and had I had that channel on and he was watching it, there would have been a lawsuit against her.

6. W. N. Cox Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I don’t understand why CNN would hire Kathy to be on the show with Anderson Cooper. She is not funny, she is down right vulgar and all ages of people were probably watching that since it was New Years. There are places for her comedy — not on national TV.

7. Brenda Smith Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Kathy Griffin’s routine is in poor taste and not in keeping with the quality of journalism – or in this case – entertainment that I expect from CNN.

8. A. Spitz Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I thought it was in poor taste! Poor Cooper! Can you imagine if a guy did this to a girl? He’d be arrested! And he kept saying, “No”!. We are taught “No” means “No”, yet she kept it up. That’s not fair to guys. They’d be soooo busted for this act! He was trying to keep things professional on air. She went to far this time!

9. SHANNON Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 5:42 pm

She was awful! I saw it and I was just as uncomfortable as he was. She needs to be FCC’d. He needs to press charges. CNN is to blame, they keep asking her back. Thank God I dont have small children or I would have some explaining to do. She needs some sort of help possibly in the form of being fired. What’s wrong with her? Really.

10. Jerry Ashfield Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Pure trash.

11. critical thinker Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Can you say sluty behavior…can’t believe the network allows this type of pron like activity to be shown….

12. Janet Matteson Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I believe there is a difference between humor and
    crude vulgarity. As far as I am concerned Kathy Griffin only presents the latter. Can you imagine someone like Bob Hope having to resort to that trash to be funny. She needs material not just guts.

13. Max Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Kathy went too far with Anderson. Antics like this were and are not acceptable for national tv. I’m thinking she must have been drunk or just really wanted to put Anderson on the spot knowing that he is gay. I was not impressed by Kathy and by the way…she is not funny!

14. Cary Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Very stupid, not funny and sexually harassing. Which is probably why she is a D-List celebrity

15. cld92013 Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 8:39 pm

She felt safe with Cooper what else.

16. betty b Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I cnnot stand that woman! She is not funny, and she is so venomous! CNN should know better than to have her emcee anything they have their name on. She is such trash!

17. dianne m Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Absolutely 100% inappropriate! Anderson is a very classy man,he must have been embarrassed to no end by her cheap attempt at humor!

18. peggy swain Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I think it was not the least bit funny or entertaining . I felt really uncomfortable for Anderson and am wondering why the director did not put an end to her bad behavior. Both Anderson and Kathy said there Mothers were watching the brocast, can you imagine how Kathy’s Mom must have felt watching her Daughter make such a fool of herself.

19. Barb Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I watched most of the show until midnight and thought she was ridiculous and not funny at all. She was going for the shock factor and apparently with her “kiss” achieved the ultimate shocker.

I for one am glad I didn’t see it and won’t be watching that channel or Anderson Cooper if she is a co-host next year. And what about her plastic face? Really?

20. Cervantes Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Ok Cooper did like the stunt .and was sweating like a dumped firehidrant..
    Always in the danger zone ,Anderson has some GUTS

21. Dabster Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Kathy Griffin has to cool it with the scalpel — she’s sailing fast into Joan Rivers land. Any more work and she’s gonna look like a troll doll.

22. JB Says:
    January 2nd, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Love her, but too far. Love her jokes, but kissing the penis on New Years is probably not a tradition that is going to catch on. Time and a place, Miss Griffin.

23. Renea Says:
    January 3rd, 2013 at 8:37 am

What is wrong with this world? People like Kathy Griffin, she thinks she is cute and her ridiculous, immature, and disgusting acts on Cooper Anderson were totally out of line. I can’t believe that CNN would stoop as low as her and air such trash. Shame on CNN I hope what she thought would gain her world wide attention is just the opposite and people boycott CNN.

Comments