Kelly Clarkson Responds To Gay Rumors

January 04, 2013 09:01 AM by Megan Wilson

Kelly Clarkson, the first winner of American Idol ten years ago, took the nation by storm.  She was loved by many, hated by none.   Yet she remained single for 6 years following her rise to fame.  Many fans speculated that Kelly was gay; one of her songs, People Like Us, has even become an anthem for the LGBT Community.  But that isn’t fazing Kelly!  She doesn’t mind one bit.

In a recent interview with Cosmopolitan magazine, the now-engaged Kelly spoke about being the subject of pick-up attempts from both sexes.  The singer said, “I get hit on by both guys and girls.  But usually the guys who hit on me are tools. It’s the ones that don’t hit on you that make you like, ‘Why didn’t you ask me out?’ It’s like American Idol auditions: The guys who are the most confident are the horrible ones, and the ones who are good have no confidence at all.”

When it came to women, however, Kelly said she had her pick of gorgeous women.  “I get hit on by the hottest girls ever!  Oh, my God, if I were a lesbian, I would be so in luck. But it’s just not my thing. I’ve always batted for the boys’ team.”

During her infamous overnight rise to to fame following her American Idol win, the rumors almost hit a fever pitch.  “People think, ‘Oh, she’s been single for too long.  That’s kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn’t mean you’re gay. But I’m never insulted by it, obviously.’”

But Brandon Blackstock must be doing something right, because Kelly has nothing but good things to say about him!  “Six years I was single before this.  I’ve never been truly loved like I am right now.”

Congrats, Kelly.  We wish you all the happiness life has to offer!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, Kelly Clarkson |

11 Responses to “Kelly Clarkson Responds To Gay Rumors”

1. Nelli Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 9:42 am

SO WHAT!!! SERIOUSLY, THE MEDIA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!

2. GREG Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 10:06 am

O F C O L !!!!! I believe there are waay toooooooooo many Journalism Majors!!

3. jenn Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Ummmm…who cares if she said the girls that hit on her were hot. She is straight, not blind. Come one, girls are notorious for commenting on other girls looks. Nothing new here, just media trying to start rumors.

4. Jon Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

LOL Black men and lesbians seem to have a fetish for large unattractive white females … I am NOT surprised that she is hounded by lesbians … I bet a dollar to a donut that she has a HUGEW number of Black men chasing her a$$ around too !!! :-)

5. Jon Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 3:04 pm

LOL lesbians and Black men seem to have a desire for large unattractive females …

6. John Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

To be gay, or not to be gay…who cares. Be oriented to your satisfaction; not others.

7. Britt Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Stays single for a few years to follow her dreams and set up her own career, gets bashed for it. Really people?

8. audrina Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

hahaha I love her so much!!! she is amazing :)

9. hank Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Dont think she is in to the dark side of town

10. jank brock Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Who cares, the slag should never have been made a star to begin with. Singers are a dime a dozen but this no life country and it’s no life citizens are absolutely overcome by mundane TV and Screen personalities for some reason. She can sing sure but no better than the gals in the choir in church and is not deserved of her fame and fortune in the least. This country is full of no life morons.

11. Lisa Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 10:05 pm

She likes Tuna and looks like an attractive woman so it’s fine. Now if she were some big, fat, dirty bull-dyke beast woman man wanna-be, then that would be gross and disgusting.

Comments