« | Home | »

The Bachelor Spoiler Lawsuit – Round Two

January 04, 2013 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Oh no, here we go again! Remember last year when The Bachelor and The Bachelorette spoiler king, Reality Steve, was threatened with a lawsuit? Well, guess what? It looks like both parties involved will be heading to court yet again, in an attempt to stop the spoilers – too bad we’ve already been spoiled about Sean Lowe’s season.

Sean Lowe is gearing up for his season of The Bachelor to air, and as quickly as the spoilers are flying, so are the lawsuits. Yep, again. Last year, the show’s producers filed a lawsuit against Steve Carbone, a fan favorite spoiler guru, for attempting to obtain information from contestants that would violate their contracts. They settled that lawsuit when Carbone agreed not to contact anyone connected to The Bachelor, but he did add that he would continue to spoil the show.

And he kept his promise. Reality Steve already revealed the winning bachelorette, and continued by spoiling the first few episodes of Sean Lowe’s season, even naming some of the ladies who were eliminated during those episodes. Now, producers are firing back at Carbone once again. The new complaint states that Carbone is still attempting “to seek confidential information from participants, cast, crew and other employees of The Bachelor Series and, in the course of doing so, continue to solicit and induce participants and employees of The Bachelor Series to breach their contractual obligations to Plaintiffs,” accoring to The Hollywood Reporter.

However, Steve Carbone insists that he has done nothing wrong, and he does not seem the least bit worried. In fact, Reality Steve told The Hollywood Reporter: “That agreement (the previous one) does NOT prevent me from publishing spoilers. The producers have provided no proof that I did anything in violation of our agreement because there is none. They just seek to put me out of business by intimidation and litigation costs. I am currently exploring my legal options, including a counterclaim.”

What do you think of this new revelation? Would you miss Reality Steve’s spoilers? Do you think he should stop spoiling the show? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor |

« | Home | »

recommended for you


3 Comments »

3 Responses to “The Bachelor Spoiler Lawsuit – Round Two”

  1. Nikki Says:
    January 4th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

    He has to be getting his information from either the producers, camera people or contestants themselves. Why not look into that angle and sue these people instead of going after him? Someone is telling this character the skinny. Find the mole and get them off the set.

  2. Norma Garrett Says:
    January 5th, 2013 at 8:49 pm

    Personally I do not like surprises and much prefer to know the sequence and the final result of the Bachelor,Bachelorette and Bach Pad. It is fun to watch the drama play out and I don’t miss an episode if I can help it. When RS was shut down last spring I was stunned when Sean was sent home. Didn’t like the feeling. I want to know all the spoilers- makes me want to watch even more.

  3. Ohio Says:
    January 12th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

    ABC/Bach people so screwy. The ratings for the show have not been bigger then ever and ABC can’t say it has nothing to do with R S and his spilers.. I love to pass n what R S says and think ABC Bach people should just shut up.. I wont say who it is that I get my Bach news from, she works on the show, has been lie dectected and passed and still gets the word out to me.. She is not alone. She knows two other people who report on what happesn. They are going after R S due to so many people enjoying his letting things out.. GO R S !

Comments



SheKnows Entertainment