January 06, 2013 09:37 PM by Lisa Princ

Tonight, The Biggest Loser returned for season 14, with a new group of contestants, whom we were all hoping would be more appreciative than the last season – and so far, so good…almost. Jillian Michaels also made her return tonight and she was back with a vengeance!

Finally, The Biggest Loser returned tonight with the much awaited new season, and while it’s still early in the season, I don’t think we will be watching any Conda-like contestants this season. Most of the contestants seemed very appreciative of the opportunity…most – we’ll get to that later.

Competing this season are: Illinois; Jackson Carter (Volunteer coordinator for LGBT resource center and movie theater assistant manager), 21, Layton, Utah; Nicole “Nikki” Davis (Make-up artist), 26, Chatsworth, California; Michael Dorsey (College professor and communications consultant), 34, Baltimore, Maryland; Pamela Geil (Executive assistant), 43, New York, New York; David Jones (Police officer), 51, Kiefer, Oklahoma; Cate Laughlin (Student), 28, Ransomville, New York; Gina McDonald (Attorney and law firm owner), 47, Hoover, Alabama; Nate Montgomery (Financial advisor), 25, Colorado Springs, Colorado; Francelina Morillo (Student and store manager), 25, Albany, New York; Jeff Nichols (Pharmaceutical representative), 24, Monroe, Michigan; Joe Ostaszewski (Senior sales executive), 43, Williston, Florida; Thomas “TC” Pool (Purchasing manager), 31, Albany, Oregon; Lisa Rambo (High school special education assistant), 37, Houlton, Wisconsin; Alexandra “Alex” Reid (Legal assistant), 24, Carrolton, Texas.

But, in a new twist and an attempt to tackle childhood obesity, the show brought in three teenagers who would be training (but not competing) this season. The teenagers who are taking part this season are: Lindsay Bravo (eighth grade), 13, Fillmore, California, Sanjana “Sunny” Chandrasekar (11th grade), 16, Rochester, New York, and Noah “Bingo” Gray (eighth grade), 13, New Windsor, Maryland.

While most of the contestants had a sob story behind their weight, the one who stood out the most to me was TC. TC, who weighed in at 376 pounds, shared the horror story of a car wreck that injured his son. But it wasn’t the actual wreck that injured his son, it was his weight, which broke the driver seat, in turn flinging him onto his son, leading to eye and brain injuries. After his son underwent surgery, TC vowed to his boy that he would lose the weight and get healthy.

As soon as the contestants hit the gym the very first day, the drama was flying. No, I don’t mean Conda drama, I mean the dramatics of staying on the treadmills and not puking every five minutes. Jillian Michaels, who was working her contestants to death, watched in horror as two of her big guys could not manage to stay on the treadmills. But, Jillian was not taking no for an answer – she actually told her contestants to get out if they couldn’t take the workout! And one of them, Nikki, actually did walk out (and off the ranch) at the last chance workout because she could not handle the emotional stress. Can you say drama queen? That really irks me as someone else could have gotten that spot on the show, yet they chose her. Oh well, I’d rather see the Conda dramatics gone sooner than later, you know?

Bob Harper’s team did not fare too bad tonight, with the exception of some occasional vomiting, but Bob had his work cut out for him with two of the oldest contestants being on his team. Dolvett Quince, however, appeared to have his hands full at first with another drama queen, aka Jackson. Jackson actually fell off the treadmill, and was shown lying on the ground with oxygen, while mumbling to himself. Jackson made me want to yell at him to suck it up, but then he came back and worked harder, although he did seem to be the biggest vomiter of the first week.

Jillian continued her butt kicking streak, and it seemed to pay off as her team won the endurance challenge, earning them a 5 pound advantage at the weigh in. Too bad the momemtum didn’t carry over to the weigh in for her – perhaps she lost her knack by being gone for two seasons?

This is how the teams did at the weigh in:

Bob Harper’s Blue Team:

Jeff from 388 to 359 (-29)

Michael from 444 to 423 (-21)

David from 307 to 287 (-20)

Alex from 240 to 231 (-9)

Gina from 245 to 230 (-15)

Total team loss of 94 lbs (5.79%)

Dolvett Quince’s Red Team:

Lisa from 246 to 230 (-16)

Jackson from 328 to 306 (-22)

Francelina from 267 to 248 (-19)

Cate from 237 to 225 (-12)

Joe from 364 to 338 (-26)

Total team loss of 95 lbs (6.59%)

Jillian Michaels’ White Team:

TC from 376 to 361 (-15)

Pam from 237 to 227 (-10)

Nathan from 359 to 339 (-20)

Danni from 258 to 239 (-19)

Total team loss of 69 lbs (5.61%)

Now, there was also no yellow line tonight, but simply a red line. Jillian’s team had the worst percentage, so sadly, it was TC who was automatically eliminated. However, since being home, TC has lost an additional 40 pounds, and he is commited to getting healthy for his son! I can’t wait to see him at the finale.

What did you think of the season 14 premiere of The Biggest Loser? Comment and share your thoughts below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about The Biggest Loser. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

19 Responses to “The Biggest Loser Season 14 Premiere Recap: Jillian Michaels Returns With A Vengeance”

1. Janet Green Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I cannot stand cold HEARTLESS Jillian. If you think bringing her back was a good thing…Think again.
    I Love TBL but will not be watching any more, I was so angry I was yelling and calling her very bad names. This show is inspirational, I cannot see how belittling these people is an inspiration. This is what they have been trying to get away from and Jillian just piles it on. I hope it was worth bringing the cold, heartless person back because you have lost this viewer for the first time since the show has started. I will miss you.

2. Tracy Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:25 am

I was disappointed in how Jililan hadnled her constestants. I think that people need to start with someone who is going to inspire them and encourage them that the workouts will get easier as time goes on. She is too hardcore for people who obviously have not exercised for a very long time if not ever. It was a turn off to watch her be so ignorant to them on the first day. I think the show shoudl consider pulling her in a bit or getting another trainer that will provide supoort and compassion to these people at the beginning. If they were half way through the series and the contestants were slacking off I’d be ok with the way Jillian was taling but not on day one. She is supposed to be a role model, I hope she doesn’t allow her child to see how ruthless and cold hearted she is. So unattractive and add in the belly shirts and skin she was showing, who are you trying to impress?

3. deb Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:54 am

Jullian was brought back to try to save the show but I fear it is on it’s last legs. The past two seasons have done a lot of damage. Yes Jillian was a little over the top but she will settle in and it is her way.

4. C Donnelly Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Wow. I am not usually inclined to give the contestants a break, but jeez….get Jillian off the show. She sucks. The point is to help everyone lose as much as they can and examine why they got that way, not to break them down like a prison camp refugee….that is just mental torture and inappropriate. Certainly not motivational for your viewing public.

5. Nick Schaefer Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:58 am

@Janet Green These people have been coddled their whole lives and give up at the slightest hint of pain or hard work. They need tough love. You want Oprah or Dr Phil watch a different show.

6. georganna sorba Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 10:46 am

Janet, You don’t get it. These people volunteered for the show and all that comes along with it. It has been on for many years and those people who sign up know what they are in for. If it wasn’t Jillian, Bob or Dolvett would of got on her case as well. I hope that Nicki does well at home but she took away a place from someone else who wanted to lose weight. Those people know they will be exposed publically and be humiliated for the chance to save their lifes and for them it is worth every time they get their butt kicked or yelled at. Back when I went to Basic Training in the 1970′s for the Air Force, I didn’t know that the TI’s would yell, scream and belittle you and that was surprising. But when it comes to this show they all know what will happen from seeing the show for many years. I will continue to be a viewer. What happened last season was another disgrace when they walked off because of being challenged by other past contestants. That was their loss and the Biggest Losers Gain.

7. Mary Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 11:16 am

All of these people knew full well what they were getting into. No sad sob stories allowed! That chic Nikki bailing was a joke! How did she get through the entire interviewing process and not let her true pathetic drama queeness show? Get going or get the hell out! GO JILLIAN!

8. Danielle Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Get Jillian off the show before it implodes due to all the hot air she sucks in while spewing insults out at these poor souls.

Yuk!!! Bad decision to have her back.

Disgusted.

9. irene Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

i think they made a big mistake bringing back jillian. she should have stayed off the show.

10. katie Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Jillian is the only reason I am giving this show another chance after watching the trainwreck of a season last year.

11. Dot Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I was also shocked with Jillian’s behavior. She needs to go. What a jerk she has become. Bob even seemed flabbergasted by her. And whats with the glamor girl look she has going at the weigh-in’s?

12. Karla Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Go Jillian!!!! I wish I had her behind me. @georganna…I have to agree. I went thru AF basic and you have TI’s screaming in your face, belittling you BUT you have to be broken down to be built up! The contestants know what Jillian brings. Why is this such a big surprise to everyone???

13. Rlynn103 Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Please, get Jillian off the show. I love how the other trainers motivate their teams, but when Jillian starts her yelling and demeaning rants, my blood pressure goes up!

14. Kitty Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Jillian needs to lighten up or go away! I realize the contestants need someone to push them out of their comfort zones, but they should do it in a way that the contestants aren’t treated like low-lives! Jillian is insulting and demeaning. Bob and Dolvett have much more class and still get good results from their people. II

15. Vinny Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I guess Jillian worked as a truck driver when she left the show. What a mouth!!! I hope they show it when someone pummels her into the ground.

16. Leslie Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

This season has got to have the biggest bunch of entitled, selfish, babies I have ever seen. I can’t believe that they tried out, were chosen out of soooooo many wanting individuals, and this is how they act. “Whhhaaaaa, I can’t do this”; “It’s hard, it hurts”; well, yes its hard and yes it hurts ALOT, anything worth any in life is going to be hard and hurt ALOT! Obviously, the have NEVER had to REALLY work for anything. They all need to suck it up and take care of themselves for their families if nothing else. GO JILLIAN!! You completely rock and I don’t know how you do it. Once you get these people to understand this entire process, they will DEFINITELY thank you. I’ve been there, I’ve done it and I will NEVER go back!

17. Mark Palmer Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Come on get rid of Jullian she has ruined the show. I had to change the channel for the first time ever on The Biggest Loser what a beachhhhh!! A vendictive dike B&tch is ruining the show!!

18. lynn Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Jullian you can train me anytime. You make them come 360 with the reason they have that weight on them. This is not a country club, people are dying from obesity which has now spilled over to our youth. If you have seen the biggest loser, you will know “they dont lift your legs, and move your arms” YOU have to do that she is the best at what she does. If you cant take her in your face then what will you do when food is in your face and it doesnt speak. If you applied to be on the show then you know you will get a reality check but if you dont like it then wait to weigh in and let someone who wants to stay at the ranch with her stay and you go. I am losing weight and working out and wish someone was in my face yelling. Jullian you are saving their lives. Disney is in Florida go there for fun, not on the ranch!

19. Debbie Says:
    January 13th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Jullian needs to ease up on the language and change her attitude. I am a regular of this show, but will not be watching if she dont change. She really is making me loose interest in this show.She is ruining this show..

Comments