Justin Bieber Smoking Weed: “Cut For Bieber” Hoax

January 08, 2013 07:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

Following the release of photographs alleging that Justin Bieber was smoking marijuana, pranksters posing as Bieber fans orchestrated an elaborate hoax trying to convince real fans of The X Factor guest judge to cut themselves. Say what? Keep reading for all the details.

According to Zap2It, pranksters started a sick online hoax on Monday that caused #CutForBieber and #CuttingForBieber to start trending on Twitter. Shocking images depicted slashed wrists, blades, and blood and urged Bieber fans to cut themselves as a way of convincing him to stop smoking marijuana.

Members of the 4chan message board started the hoax. One user said, “Let’s start a cut yourself for bieber campaign. Tweet a bunch of pics of people cutting themselves and claim we did it because bieber was smoking weed. See if we can get some little girls to cut themselves.”

While the hoax received mixed responses including some Bieber fans posting photos of themselves cutting paper with scissors, sadly, the hoax worked on others and they began posting photos of their own self-harm. One desperate fan even went so far as to tweet, “@justinbieber stop smoking weed or I might actually kill myself,” along with a grotesque photo of a teenage girl’s arm showing where she had cut herself.

While we cannot be certain if Bieber was actually smoking marijuana or not, no one should cut or otherwise harm themselves as a way to convince him to stop. Nor should anyone joke about an issue as serious as cutting. Fellow musician and friend to Bieber, Miley Cyrus was so offended by the hoax that she tweeted a message of her own. “cut4bieber? Cutting is NOT something to joke about. There are people who are actually suffering from self-harm, this is so disrespectful.”

If you or someone you know needs help, you can call the To Write On Her Arms hotline, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping adults and teens struggling with addiction, depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts at 1-877-332-7333.

What do you think of the latest Bieber hoax? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section and tell us all about it.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The X Factor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: TheXFactor.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, MTV Reality TV Shows, Punk'd, The X Factor |

35 Responses to “Justin Bieber Smoking Weed: “Cut For Bieber” Hoax”

1. Mary Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 8:43 am

Sick, sick, sick. Those kind of people need lots of therapy thmselves. To suggest that someone else harm themselves is evil.

2. rick Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 9:07 am

U.S. Patent 663-0507 is a legal binding patent which is not enforced and that non enforcement is a legal crime commited by the DEA.

Federally funded discrimination against non violent tax paying pot smoking voters is a crime, using military might, political power, denial of truth, denial of rights against those who are not allowed to fight back is terrorism.

all pot laws are based on fraud and greed for profit, to embrace laws based on fraud is treason.

while smoking weed is less then one percent of its uses, main use should be creating green clean renewable fuel, but that would take presidental action, and he laughs at such things even when those actions could end the deaths of kids at our south border involved in the war on pot. over 26 kids get shot daily, but they are mexican so we dont care.

3. john Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 9:17 am

lol

4. Denise R. Smith Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 9:33 am

I disagree with this if it is a hoax. When will people learn not to play hoaxes if this is true? It is very cruel to do something like this, period! If he is smoking pot it is illegal and harmful to his system.He is supposed to be a role model for the younger generation. If this is what he is doing, then he is not a role model. I would like to hear this from Justin Bieber himself if he is smoking pot.

5. Nekia Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 10:35 am

What have our generation come to. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! If we focus less on these celebrities (who are just like you and I) and more on ourselves, this world may actually improve.

6. beiber hater Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Wow this kid is gay. Smokin pot is the most manly thing he has ever done

7. stephanie Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 11:33 am

if people are cutting themselves over justin beiber then maybe they should die. how pathetic.

8. Kim Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 11:48 am

I think its really messed up to try to get girls to cut themselves, im a Huge Bieber fan but i would never cut my self to try to get him out of smoking thats his life i cant interfere in it by hurting myself.

9. Chase Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I’m in NO way shape or form a Bieber fan, i hate his music quite honestly, but he was smoking some herb ffs, it’s not like he was chugging down vodka and whiskey and acting like an asshole. Then this shit comes along and people are wanting to cut themselves because he smoked a little herb? If this is a hoax, good, keep it that way. If not, then this is the most stupid, moronic, and idiotic thing i have EVER heard. Stupid tweenie boppers and their idols. Besides, Cannabinoids from herb are actually quite important to the human body and brain. Only those who believe the reefer madness fear mongering propaganda think something bad can come from herb, which it can’t.

10. bobby Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

this is such a sick joke! like seriously?! cutting for justin beiber? he isnt a god or nothing. he is a wimp!! but however i do wonder what he had to respond to the girls who actually cut themselves? and plus we all know that he was smoking weed! he better not try at cover it up saying it was some legal substance.

11. sam diego Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I wonder if Justin Bieber is cut or if his mom left him intact like 80% of males in the world are.

Circumcision is evil.

12. brian Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

If I had a daughter who cut herself b/c bieber smoked weed, I would commit her to a mental institution where she could receive serious help. That makes no sense and I have no remorse for girls who are actually doing this. They’re either too stupid to function in this world, or, too insane to live amongst us.

13. LOL4BIEBER Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

lol

14. Genesis Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Justin Bieber is very stupid for smoking weed. That’s a stupid to do that!

NOT COOL!

15. sarah Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

my little sisters listing to his music so he is say that it is OK to do all that stuff. he has lots of younger fans all i know is that my sisters are no longer going to listing to his music i don’t want them to thank what he did is a good thing. it is his life but he also a role as a role model to the younger fans too he don’t need to forget that

16. Alex Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Cutting for Bieber? I don’t want to live on this planet anymore

17. shanae Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I love Justin if he is smoking he might need to clean his self up because kids see him as a role model. plus the paps are all over the place waiting to ask him questions about it. one pap died trying to get a pic of his car, what will happen next???????????

18. Aura Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Many, many people cut themselves on purpose in our current time. For someone with Bieber’s posse to actually TELL people to do such a horrible thing is beyond me.

The “paparrazi” has been hounding people, just like you and me, since before Princess Diana was killed by those same people chasing her. They are ALL STALKERS ~ and having been the recipient of a stalker, (and I’m only a “normal person”) it is TRULY FRIGHTENING!!! So, a Bieber photog got killed following him? O well, he should have minded his MANNERS, which the USA seems to be clean out of. As well as the rest of the world. The celebrity B.S. in this day and age is simply OUTRAGEOUS!!! So is the way the media treat “the Stars”…. Sorry folks, but the stars are in the sky where they belong. And if every single person, worldwide, were NOT EXPOSED to this crap, then, and ONLY then, will teenagers stop taking guns to school and killing each other. And they would not even KNOW about cutting themselves if TV talks, music talks, rappers going on about “cops, murder, etc.” sending children the wrong message. GIVE THE “CELEBRITIES” NO COVERAGE AT ALL in the “tabloids”, let the theatres and their managers promote them with NO hidden agenda’s. Social media is KILLING our kids, especially because people don’t have the sense to NOT play “Grand Theft Auto” with their 2 year olds….

19. Scarlet Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I’ve been on the self-harm side before and it’s no joke! I ended up in the hospital because of it and I still bare the scars. People should NOT joke about this! People have died from it! I’ve been clean for a year and seeing this just reminds my of how dark my life used to be! Cutting leavs scars, the metal could give you blood-poison and if you’re not careful, something much worse!Those of us who have survived are lucky. Those fans who are actually cutting are hurting more than themselves. As for the people cutting paper or their nails, that’s more reasonable! Yes, they’re being sarcastic, but that’s a billion times better than self-harm!

20. jenbeiberwhatever Says:
    January 8th, 2013 at 11:09 pm

This is sick and sad!! The people who made up the hoax DO need serious THERAPY!! If its not a hoax, the girls should be ashamed of themselves! To cut yourself and mock people who do have a serious illness and hurt themselves?? really? We have serious mental illness all over this country! If the president is to do ONE THING, I hope and pray to god that he make mental evaluations MANDATORY (and free) for everyone, at least once a year!!!!

21. Amber Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 4:11 am

This is just ridiculous!? Why they do this. Cut themselves for him. Im a fan of him but like a #1 fan. He’s cute and i love his songs, but i wouldnt cut myself?? Are you crazy!! No girls plz dont ever do that…just dont. And the people who did the hoax should be punished or get therapy or something.

22. I think this is funny Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 5:20 am

This is just too funny .. I cant even begin to tell you how funny it is. And if any little teenie booper kid goes out and cuts themselves for Justin — I sing like a 12 year old girl Beiber I would just about shit myself lol

23. blah blah Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 5:23 am

this is too damn funny – I cant believe any little teenie bopper would cut themselves over this little boy who sings badly like a girl.. And who is clearly a closet case flamer.. I feel really bad for all the little girls when they hear he is gay and find out it is really true and then they will kill themselves.

24. Morph Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 6:42 am

Go ahead and cut yourselves. You will see just how much Bieber does NOT care about you. He would rather smoke his drugs than quit because you cut yourself. He only cares that people buy his music so he can keep buying things for his own pleasure so he will APPEAR that he cares about you as an individual.

25. Austin Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 9:00 am

who cares if jb was smokin? its just weed! ppl shouldnt cut bc of it! grow up!

26. Keri Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 9:23 am

I think this haox was blown out of propotion. And you have girls out there cutting themselves to get him to stop smoking. That is outrageous. Whoever started should feel dumb founded and apologize. No matter what you think about someone do not saying stuff that could ruin part of someone’s life. It is bad enough all the stuff people have to go through today and it makes it worse with all these people making a hoax. Stop making a hoax about stuff and those girls out there cutting it does no good to help him by hurting yourself!!!!!!

27. Bella Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am

this justin beiber hoax thing is WAY WAY WAY out of line! its so wrong for so many reasons! for 1. who would be so sick as to start something to watch people feel pain! sick! and 2nd there are people in this world who actually do have the problem & its so offensive to them and its offesive to me. who ever started that hoax should be in alot of trouble! im kinda obsessed bieber fan, but im not going around cutting myself just cuz of his mistakes. now i hope he will stop smoking, but u cant just start a something so sick JUST so he would quit. he probably thinks its insane too and i dont blame him. so SHAME ON YOU! to the person who started this whole sick chaos!:(

28. John Locke Says:
    January 9th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Anyone who cuts themselves should see a psychiatrist. Whats the big deal if justin beiber did or did not smoke weed? Many great musicians have done drugs, Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, the list goes on, and everyone i named are all way better musicians than beiber. Colorado and Washington have even legalized marijuana. If he was taking Crystal Meth of Heroin then there would be reason for concern (that doesn’t involve cutting oneself). While the hoax may of been the original source of the problem (if it was a hoax) It still doesn’t justify the fact that there were people stupid enough to follow them. If Justin beiber asked you to jump off a bridge (to your death) would you do it?

29. Destiny Sullivan Says:
    January 10th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

This is ridiculous ! Girls he doesn’t know that you even exist . Don’t harm yourselves . He probably didn’t even smoke it .

30. Bridget Says:
    January 11th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Pople are fucking stupid. Of course he’s going to smoke pot! He’s like a billionaire;)) and seriously,, what’s wrong with these people??

31. Sierra Bieber Says:
    January 12th, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I am one very true big fan of Justin myself. And when I heard about the rumor of him “smoking weed” I didn’t believe it at first because all celebrities get all kinds of untrue rumors said about them. But then I started thinking and believed it and I was devastated and still am. And when I heard about the hoax trend on twitter (#cutforbieber and #cuttingforbieber) it just blew me away. It’s just totally crazy and ridiculous!! I love Justin Bieber with all my heart, I’m not a fan I’m a true belieber and I’m completely obsessed with him as many of other people are but I’m not crazy enough to go along with that stupid trend and harm and cut myself. It’s not a joke, it’s not funny, it’s very serious and you can get addicted to cutting. No one should ever do that kind of thing because I guarantee that it won’t stop Justin. He obviously doesn’t want you guys to do that, or anyone. But the people that lost all their respect for him, he can lose just all of that respect for you, as you did for him. He’s 18 now and not that 13 year old boy that sang one time. He’s an adult and can do whatever he wants without his parents telling him what to do. Although I don’t think he should be drinking because he’s not 21 yet. Yeah, I know there’s people that drink and smoke when there 14 but you guys need to know that their not famous and it can’t get spread all around the world. But anyways, I don’t want Justin to smoke either I love him to much for him to but if you guys really did love him you would respect his decisions.
    When Justin came out with “never say never” you said you will NEVER stop loving Justin, and look at you now. It is very hard seeing him grow up and transform into a complete different person we didn’t picture him to turn into. I never thought in a million years he would ever do something like this but everyone changes and it’s ok. Because, I bet every single person in this world did something once in their life thinking that they would never do that, you may have promised to yourself that you never do anything bad but then you realize that you’re growing up and it’s a part of life. Anywaysss, there’s like 3 different sides to this whole thing: 1. Not respecting what he did and not realizing that he’s growing up so you decide to cut yourself, 2. you’re okay with this and you’re on his side and defending him, 3. those two sort of put together..you don’t want him to smoke weed but you respect his decisions. I’m on the 3rd side because, I totally get that he’s 18 and he may do whatever the hell he pleases to do, but many, many fans disagree on that so much. I want him to not smoke and do what he’s been doing. I know people have been saying “oh weed is okay, it’s nothing. It will just make him a better artist.” I don’t agree with that. Justin doesn’t need weed to make him a “better artist” wtf is up with that.? People just don’t understand that us beliebers really care about him and his career. And we all know so much about him and his story and seeing him make a mistake is hard for most of us. We don’t want him to change into a Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, Kid Ink etc. Justin is so just not like that what so ever! And those people out there that are not fans or beliebers of Justin really don’t have the fucking right to judge us and him, and saying its ok. Some people that are becoming “fans” because he apparently smoked weed are just plain and simple retarded! You cannot become a fan of someone because of something like that, especially very late in his career not knowing anything about him and his story. Besides this…people are blaming lil twist because he smoked and others are saying he’s a bad influence. Those are different things. I don’t blame him at all but yet I do think he’s a bad influence on Justin. I’m not a racist person and neither of what I just said is racist. Idgaf if lil twist is black or whatever that has nothing to do with it!! It’s all just because he and his brother supposedly are the ones that brought and rolled the weed. He and Justin may have been friends for a couple of years but never have I seen pictures of them together in my life. I’ve never even heard of him until this chaos. I could care less if he and Justin are friends but I really don’t think he needs to be smoking weed at this age especially with 6 year old fans that look up to him and seeing that. They shouldn’t be hearing and seeing this kind of stuff. I can understand if Justin wants to have a different image and doesn’t want those little kid fans anymore but it’s not that easy if he’s many little girls idols. And for all of what we know, who knows if it’s true..maybe he didnt really smoke it. There are pictures YES. But are there any of him actually smoking it? No. He could have been holding it for someone, it could have been photoshopped but what it sounds like it seems true. But we all can’t really say much because he didnt say his own words on it. He just needs to have an interview and someone needs to question him on it to see if it’s all true. He is an honest person and I know he will own up to it. But what I’m trying to say is, don’t cut yourself over something that you don’t know if it’s really true and over someone that doesn’t know you exist. Don’t judge why we beliebers don’t want him to smoke and to finally realize that he’s 18 going on 19 on March, 1st. And he can do what he wants. If you want him to not smoke don’t do it by hurting yourself and trying to get attention. Do it in a way that’s more mature and reasonable and a way that won’t hurt you. Write it and put it on the Internet, make videos, pictures (with words) etc. But I love Justin, I have from the beginning and there’s no way that I will stop because of one stupid mistake, it’s his life and he’s his own person and I respect him and his decisions. So whatever he does is fine, ill just have to deal with it. But it’s his business so it shouldn’t matter . His “personal” life like this shouldn’t be exposed. But that one so called “friend” of his that sold the pictures for $25,000 is dumb and if it wasn’t for that person I’m pretty sure none of this would of even happened. Well, I love you Justin <3 and the decisions that you decide to make is all on you but I respect them no matter what. :)

32. xXImikoXx Says:
    January 14th, 2013 at 2:49 am

Ok, whether or not this started as a Hoax, the fact remains that some teenaged girls were SERIOUSLY cutting themselves… Over JUSTIN BIEBER.

When my daughter gets older, there are going to be some SERIOUS restrictions on listening to Justin Bieber. This was a fucking hoax, these girls should’ve been smart enough to say, “Yeah, you know what? It’s a guy that sings pop. I’m not gonna mutilate myself because he took a puff.”

But no, they actually bought into this hoax and started cutting themselves FOR REAL. This has gone beyond “Fandom” and “Idol-Worship” and crossed the line clear into fucking “Psycho Cult.”

Parents need to seriously consider wiping Justin Bieber from their children’s lives if this is the extent that their kids are going to, to try and prove their “devotion” to some guy who doesn’t even know their name.

33. Just me Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:38 am

The hoaxers aren’t the sick ones. Why all of you think that those imbecile teenagers are ok? I say they are so stupid that they don’t deserve to live. Cutting yourself over Bieber? Or anyone? Too stupid to keep breathing, really. The hoaxers just knew what idiots live among us. I never would have believed that something like this would work lol. Idiots…idiots…idiots

34. Shiki Says:
    January 18th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I laughed so hard. 4Chan always does the best pranks.
    With some luck most of his fanbase will have died soon.
    I can’t wait to see wat they do next.

35. MaryDtn9 Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 10:05 am

So Much Hate! So Much Anger! BS Sells! Over 99% of what we read is BS. The Media, that’s you, are failing your social responsibility for willfully publishing Organized Mob Hate BS comments about third parties to gain exposure and profit. This phenomenon is known as riding the BIEBER bandwagon because BIEBER sells.
    Hate Kills. Hate is Ugly. Are you a hater? You can change. Don’t be a hater. Don’t Kill. Take back control of your emotions and always question what you read. No one is perfect. We all have flaws. Choose to be positive. It’s a personal choice. It’s your choice. A positive approach will serve you well in your personal and family lives. Get honest. Help others who could use support. Share these vibes. SUP 1 702 421 3511 disnetinc.com/marydtn9.htm

Comments