The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Recap: Bitch Slapped With A Lawsuit

January 14, 2013 08:12 PM by Megan Thompson

The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills is all new tonight on Bravo. Adrienne wants to shut Brandi up, so she slaps her with a lawsuit.  Plus, Kim realizes that even though she is sober she still can’t get along with her sister.  There are lawsuits, lemon cleanses and life coaches – you don’t want to miss this episode!

“Don’t get it twisted,” are Brandi’s words to her ex-hubby’s mistress. Yes, we get to see Brandi accept the SUR employee’s apology for sleeping with her ex.  After the emotional conversation, Brandi runs to Lisa to tell her the entire scoop over some rose wine.

The backyard of  Yolanda’s mansion is nothing short of AMAZING!  She has a garden on a cliff with the ocean as its backdrop.  Kyle stops by to find Yolanda picking lemons out of her garden.  “I think Yolanda is the Dutch Martha Stewart,” Kyle jokes. But the lemons aren’t for lemonade, they are for a cleanse.  Yes, it’s so Beverly Hills to make your own lemon and tabasco cleanse.  The former model raves about the drink and how healthy it is, but Kyle is just looking to fit in a smaller dress size.  Who wouldn’t lose weight if you didn’t eat for 10 days? After teaching Kyle the benefits of the lemon cleanse, Yolanda shares that she has reached out to Kim several times but she hasn’t responded.  There is no surprise here for Kyle – even a sober Kim isn’t the best sister/friend.  But don’t worry, Yolanda thinks that if Kim does the lemon cleanse she will be a new person.

Speaking of Kim, she is at home hanging out with her life coach.  Gary is blown away at how healthy and beautiful Kim looks, now that she is sober.  So what does Kim have to discuss with her coach?  It’s her issues with Kyle of course!  Kim just can’t get over how hurt and mad she still is at her sister for telling the world she is an alcoholic. Who can forget that limo scene?  It was pretty brutal if you were Kim, but Bravo had to LOVE it!  Anyways, Gary is way too reasonable and has way too much common sense to be on this show. ”You’re not the same, you’re not drunk!” Gary repeats to her. He tells Kim that it’s time to make amends and move on.

While Lisa is tending to one of her restaurants, Ken and the housekeeper are planning a surprise for her.  We all know Lisa  loves pink, so Ken is planning a pink garden surprise for his wife.  “I don’t like surprises,” Lisa says as Ken drags her outside.  Draping from the tree is a pink swing with flowers all around it, plus a heart-shaped garden with more pink flowers.  Ken tells a romantic story of how he and Lisa had a swing at their first house and she loved it.  Lisa hops right up on the swing and takes it for a ride.  She jokes that when the kids left, she thought they would try swinging – but not like this!

A limo picks Kyle up for an evening out with the girls and their husbands, including Marisa. Marisa is Kyle’s friend who was at her  disastrous dinner party where Faye attacked Brandi.  The venue for the night is a Moroccan restaurant, so all the ladies have dressed for the occasion. While Marisa and Kyle are setting up for the other guests to arrive, Brandi shows up early.  This is where Brandi drops the bomb that Adrienne and Paul are suing her for the comments she made. “Do they want my rental house?” Brandi jokes about her not-so-hot financial situation.  She has obviously gone against a pissed off rich woman! Fortunately for Brandi, Adrienne is out of town and won’t be at the dinner.

Just before dinner is served, Kim decides to have a serious conversation with Kyle.  “We both need to work on it.  I want you to know, I really truly am, sorry.” Kim whispers to her sister.  Tears well up in Kyle’s eyes as Kim tells her that she feels bad that she hasn’t spent time with her since rehab.  “Am I 100% convinced she will stay sober? Not yet,” Kyle admits to the cameras.  Finally, this boring serious talk ends when some food is served.  Yolanda is yapping about her husband not being there because he is at home with Barbara Streisand.  Yes, just an ordinary night.  Then to spice up the night, a drunk Taylor announces she is ready to date!  But then she slurs her words that she kind of feels guilty about it all.  “I love him and hate him all at the same time,” she says about Russell.  I love that she is drunk – and she goes from happy to sad to happy again!  But Brandi decides to trump her with the whole lawsuit thing with Adrienne. Lisa is pissed that Adrienne is using her financial power over Brandi. Even Yolanda agrees that the whole thing is ridiculous and they should talk it out.  Brandi admits to everyone that she shouldn’t have said what she did. Then Lisa reminds the group that Adrienne was the girl preaching, “friends don’t sue friends,” last season.  I forgot about that one!   Brandi is ready to walk out, but Taylor forces her to stay.

Mauricio keeps hounding on Brandi about why she said what she said and she finally loses it! Now Ken is defending Brandi against Mauricio’s attack.  Then to make matters worse, Kim brings up the things Brandi said about her. Hello kim – that is so last season! Kim has horrible timing tonight.  ”Go F*%$ yourself, it’s about my kids and it’s about my life,” Brandi screams at Mauricio.  The fight is escalating and dessert hasn’t even been served yet!  Gotta love these dinner parties.  Maybe they should all try the lemon cleanse and forget eating all together.

What did you think of tonight’s RHOBH episode?  Is Adrienne using her financial power against Brandi?  Let us know what you think, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills |

9 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Recap: Bitch Slapped With A Lawsuit”

1. JP Says:
    January 14th, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Mauricio is a queen Jackie! He’s worse then any of the houswives!! Way to go Ken for sticking up!

2. Lisa_Laggrrr Says:
    January 14th, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Whoa, what the heck was up with Mauricio? Usually he just looks handsome in the background with the occasional outrageous present or slightly obvious insight! He kinda ruined the whole slightly down to earth allure he’d earned over the past few seasons. He really should’ve stayed out of the whole Brandi/Adrienne thing. In fact, pretty much anyone not involved in the situation (with the exception of Ken and Lisa, I guess I am biased!) really should shut the eff up about it.

What is with all these peripheral cast member add-ons and their opinions (more like orders) on how to apologize? Its Beverly Hills, I am sure they have enough phone calls to make / flowers to send to tide them over till at least next season!

Kim’s comments about the “lies” Brandi supposedly told did almost provide the much-needed comic relief. It really is funny to me that Brandi somehow ruined her life (or something?) instead of pretty much any appearance she made on the show in the past seasons (there are so many favorites! The digging through garbage then taking off her bra in the back of a limo! How much she “loves” the planes at “that airport” because they are “so pretty”! Or thinking her obviously post-menopausal ass is somehow pregnant by… that guy!) Man she is lucky she was married to and got knocked up by three ridiculously rich guys, otherwise she’d be begging for scraps at the bottom of the Hilton’s driveway (and I bet Tinkerbell puts up a hell of a fight!).

I have to stray off the subject for a moment, but why is Yolanda on the show? She certainly doesn’t need the money, and that little vein between her hairline and right eyebrow is the only thing I can concentrate on when she is onscreen. I usually don’t like to pick on someone’s appearance, but if David Foster wanted to marry a robot that was a cross between Martha Stewart and an aging model, couldn’t he have designed her a little more attractive?

OMG!!! I HATE people that write OMG!!! But what else is there to say about Ken’s adorable display of affection that is the pink, flowered swing with the heart-shaped flower bed. But even after all of that romantic cuteness I could not keep my eyes off of Giggy. My lord that dog looks like the world’s CUTEST, CUDDLYEST stuffed animal that just needs me to hug him and squeeze him and hide him in the deep recesses of my bargain-bin Coach bag, because I think only rich people can have a dog that cute. Sigh, I don’t really believe that. The wonderful thing about animals is they don’t financially discriminate. But I do think you need a husband who looks like Ken (i.e. a furry and cuddly human twin to Giggy) in order to qualify. I’ve come to find that pets often really do resemble their owner. Except for maybe the Maloof pets. I have a feeling they have an underground zoo on that massive estate of theirs with some WEEEEIIIIRD looking animals. I’ll do some research, some recon, and post that after next week’s recap!

3. jacasa Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I’m so glad I’ve never had to have dinner with this group. Brandi says what she thinks and doesn’t hold back. I feel sorry for her and believe Adrienne is wrong for suing her. Adrienne is not interesting and I’m hoping she won’t be returning to the show. Taylor is just a two bit drunk, Kim should suggest rehab. Love Yolandas outlook on life and health, she’s wonderful. I enjoy the show, but not the constant arguing. Some of these adults act like teenagers and it’s a total lack of class.

4. Laura McKenzie Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I love Ken and Lisa and I am from the South. Kim is a little bit of a trouble maker (even when sober) Also, if you are going to wear a top like she did at the restaurant, make sure the girls look the same. I have always loved Maurico, but what an asshole this episode. Love the Zanucks, such class. You go girls, Camille, Taylor and Brandy. We in the south say if that if you don’t have a man holding your back and best friend is all you can ask for.

5. Barb Says:
    January 19th, 2013 at 3:34 am

What a waste of air time this episode was! Bravo to Mauricio for standing up to Brandi’s whining and telling it like it is! Brandi’s filthy mouth and low class ways make the others look that way too…especially Ken and Lisa. Adreine was in the right to try to shut Brandi up…good luck to anyone to get her or Taylor to shut their filthy, low class, feel sorry for me attitudes up. BRAVO would be wise to get rid of Brandi and go for a better story line than the one they have with Brandi and Taylor!! Send Taylor and Kim back to rehab and show Brandi the door…show more Adreinne, Camille and Kyle interactions…otherwise I am done with the smut mouth Brandi and will go channel searching again!!

6. Sheila Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Hmmm. I really don’t understand any of you sticking up for Brandi! She is such a trash talking brat/bit@H. Why Lisa and her husband are supporting her behavior is beyond me. Mauricio was wonderful and it was so refreshing to FINALLY see a man ACT like a man and put this trash talking brat in her place. Otherwise most of the other men on the show sit there like bumps on logs absent of any real brain function! Kudo’s Mauricio.

7. Sheila Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Barb, I couldn’t agree with you more! Well said!

8. Lisa Says:
    January 21st, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Brandi is a wannabe and should stop trying to be what she is not…seeking popularity in the ratings to make money on the show…. She has no class and should be removed from the show as she is a hypocrit and fake. She is trailer park material. What a joke…if she cares about her kids get off the show and seek professional help. I really feel bad for her!

Although men should stay out of women problem he was defending his friends, Something Taylor should have done rather than out them down…show some integrity

9. Gigi Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Does anyone know what Brandi said about Adrienne and her EX?

Could it be that the Doc beat his ex wife, Adrienne and everyone knows it?

Comments