Howard Stern Says Sorry After “Girls” Rant

January 15, 2013 03:16 PM by Megan Wilson

Howard Stern, host of his own XM show along with being an America’s Got Talent judge, has gotten some well placed hate from fans regarding his comments about the hit show “Girls“.  Howard has made some very colorful comments about the show and it’s creator, but today Howard issued an apology.  What did he say?  Keep reading to find out!

Just a few days ago Howard talked about watching the show “Girls“, and had quite a few negative comments to say about the show and one of it’s main characters, played by Lena Dunham.  He called Lena “A little fat girl who kind of looks like Jonah Hill“.  He also talked about the frequent nudity scenes, saying how uncomfortable they made him.  “She keeps taking her clothes off and it kind of feels like a rape. I don’t want to see that.”

Lena didn’t get her feathers in a ruffle about it, though.  She appeared on The Late Show With David Letterman, and when asked about how she felt after the comments, Lena said, “I’m a Howard Stern fan and really think he has earned the right to free speech and he should just go for it.  But he did say something that is so funny that I want to get it on my gravestone: ‘Congrats to her. It’s so hard for little fat chicks to get anything going these days.’ I want my gravestone to say, ‘She was a little fat chick and she got it going.”

It seems that Howard’s jabs only served to make HIM feel bad.  Howard went on air to apologize to Lena, going so far as to try to get her on the show to accept his apology.  “I felt bad,” he admitted to his listeners,”Because I really do love the show ‘Girls‘ and enjoy it, and I admire the girl who writes it…So I said to producer Gary Dell’Abate, would you please contact Lena Dunham and please tell her that I would like to explain myself to her on the air and apologize to her because I do love the show and it makes me feel bad that she is getting the impression that I somehow think she’s just a talentless little fat chick.”   He also admitted that he himself is a huge fan of the show.  Howard said he turned on the show,”And all of the sudden I went, ‘This show’s really really funny. I like it.’ I kind of just started liking the show. And I’ve done a whole 360 (sic) on the show and I really admire the girl who writes it, and I actually like when she comes on camera…I’m a superfan now. I really love it. I almost went to the premiere the other night.”

Stern isn’t one to make apologies, so it’s pretty clear he truly feels bad. What do you think of Howard’s apology?  Let us know in the comments!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information on America’s Got Talent. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: America's Got Talent, NBC Reality TV Shows |

13 Responses to “Howard Stern Says Sorry After “Girls” Rant”

1. Odogwu Aganaga Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

“sex is the last refuge of the talentless . . . .” so let is be with howard stern.

2. Susan Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Howard is an idiot

3. johnsnare Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Has Howard Stern, ever looked in his mirror.? robably, the ugliest guy on television. Obnoxious,arrogant, and downright, mean spirited. How this animal remains on tv, is a mystery. Toilet mouth Stern. Probably, had a miserable childhood.

4. Susan Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I will never watch her show after her endorsement of Obama and her First Time ad…I’m sorry, the liberal media, are not going to brainwash me.

5. Jeff Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Dissapointed in you Howard; our opinions are just that, our opinions. We have the right to express ourselves in this soon to be communist contry.

6. Dave Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I have a new respect for Lena, based on her comment on Letterman, she is comfortable in her skin and confident enough not to go down the ‘politically correct’ path that in my opinion has ruined this society. We’ve all got problems people, own them. Howard does and you can too. No need to apologize Howard, this girl has her act together and will go far with it.

7. Nasus Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Susan your an idiot. Go watch faux news.

8. Ted Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

NEWS FLASH: Howard Stern, aka “Horse face” makes a controversial comment…still an ass!

9. J Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I have the exact opposite take from Howard… I think Lena’s an awesome, talented person, but I don’t find “Girls” funny at all.

I’s weird how many of these pay-cable comedies get by without any jokes (i.e. Entourage, Californication, Weeds, etc.)

10. Phantom Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Okay…So Howard admits he is “sorry” and the word fits him well. He IS a sorry, sad, washed up, pathetic, out of touch has-been. He used to be cool but since he left public radio, everything his does is lame. He is UGLY and now he is freaking OLD and he is insulting some girl for being “fat” when she is probably better looking and a nicer person than he will ever be. Howard YOU SUCK! Maybe now women will treat you the way you always treated them. Now that you are old and washed up, nobody gives a hoot is you think a girl is “hot” or not. YOU ARE JUST SAD!

11. Maku-san Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Howard is developmentally delayed. He has not matured past the 8-13 year old stage. Which is were his male followers are also stuck. The women who involve themselves around him or even with him, either come from abusive environments, have no self-esteem, intelligence, or have some major mental health issues.

12. Buck Ofama Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Not a fan of her rolls showing on the screen, either. I think Howard is selling out — he saw how popular she suddenly was with “the in crowd” at the Golden Globs and now he’s afraid of coming off like an old shock jock fart. Just sayin’

13. Phil Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Everyone who hates on Howard don’t listen or watch his show and say stupid crap based on what other people were saying in the 90s. He’s one of the few who still talk and u know its truth. Everyone else are a bunch of fake kunts. And the only reason he apologized was bc dumb columnists took only the negative stuff he said and wrote about it. They left his positive comments out. Mainly that phag Perez Hilton

Bababooey! Bababooey! Howard Sterns small penis