Nicki Minaj Tweets Reaction To American Idol Premiere

January 17, 2013 08:56 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey took American Idol by storm during last night’s season premiere. We’ve been hearing about the divas’ bickering for months and finally were able to see the claws come out. And joining the massive Idol audience was Nicki herself! The rapper-singer tweeted her thoughts and reactions for the entirety of the premiere episode.

Are you wondering what was going through Nicki Minaj’s head when she watched herself snarking at contestants (and Mariah Carey) from behind the judging panel? Wonder no longer — the new Idol judge typed her reactions for the world to see. Shortly before the show’s premiere began on the West Coast, Nicki tweeted, “Love u barbz!!!! I get to watch Idol in about 15 more mins over here on the West Coast!!!!!”

Nicki Minaj was also quick to warn the world that her fans were ready to take over. “Barbz, our lingo will finally be heard by America!!! HA!” In case you’re not up to date on Nicki Minaj “lingo,” barbz refers to Nicki’s legion of devoted fans. And they were even busier than Nicki during the American Idol premiere!

There was one contestant in particular who caught Nicki’s eye during the auditions…and again during the season premiere: James Rae, aka Asian Bieber. Nicki gave James an online shout-out, tweeting, “Yes, loved my little asian bieber…he was soooo cute. ;p”

After retweeting comments from several followers, Nicki ended her Twitterthon by commenting on another favorite of the first round of auditions: “Turb!!!!!!!!!!!” Turb, short for Turbinator, is an entertaining contestant known for his light-up turban. Nicki Minaj is always a sucker for crazy costuming, so it’s not really surprising that she immediately latched on to this guy.

Did you see last night’s season premiere of American Idol? What did you think? Leave a comment and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

20 Responses to “Nicki Minaj Tweets Reaction To American Idol Premiere”

1. Corinne Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 10:36 am

I love watching American Idol and so does my soon to be 13 year old daughter. However,we did not enjoy
    the show last night. It was very boring. Am not a fan of Ms Minaj. What was she doing, crazy hair,
    rolling her eyes and counselling. This is a singing
    competition and not about her. Why did she think that all eyes should be on her, not even letting the other judges speak. She sucks as a judge. Honestly,
    she should be replaced. There are other celebraties
    out there. I would love to see her go and someone else take over. PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET RID OF HER.

2. jamie dinkins Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I have no idea who thought it would be a good idea to have Nicki Minaj on the judges panel, but she about drove me CRAZY….I’m not sure that I’ll be able to watch the rest of the season. She is a major P.I.A.

3. Dori Chapman Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Nicki Minaj is by far the worst judge Idol has ever had. I used to really enjoy this show, have been faithful for many years. Its not the same without Simon, and now with Nicki Minaj on the show I am going to stop watching. She talks to much without knowing what the heck she is saying, sounds like an idiot. Looks like a clown, very unpleasant person. When they get rid of her, my friends and I may start watching again. Very sad, because the show used to be good.

4. quez Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I enjoyed idol last night. Im personally is a fan of all the judges. I believe mariah still wants to b the only female judge. People tend to judge nicki minaj right away, but i quite sure if she offered u bitches an hand out u would take it. She brangs that younger and more vibrant feelings to the panel which its was lacking last year. So we will just sit back and see what the rantings show.

5. DJ Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I thought American Idol was terrible last night. Picking Nicki to be a judge was a huge mistake. I have watched AI for many years but will not watch it this year. She ruined it for me. She has a terrible attitude and wants to be the center of attention. Everyone I know thought the same thing. :( Such a shame!

6. Patti Beamer Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I agree.Her rolling eyes and attitude reminded me of a getto girl dressed up for Halloween. She is good at what she does but her actions make me sick.

Somebody besides Randy needs to me honest with these contestants.

7. sherr Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I have been a loyal fan of idol since day one. But I simply can not stomach another minute of Niki. Whomever signed her as a judge needs to be fired, her contract bought out, and she being replaced ASAP, before the idol fan base drops of the preverbial cliff forever. I know they have lost this one viewer, and I would bet many like myself

8. Cate Akins Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

GET RID OF MINAJ! HOW HORRIBLE IS IT TO WATCH IDOL WITH HER ON THE SHOW. WHAT A DUNCE.

9. steph Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Nicki is the worst….she is single handedly destroying a show that has pioneered Music competition shows. Say GOOD BYE Nicki. Do it now!

10. Clay Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

As a real judge would say with regards to watching any more of this season’s American idol non-shows…..That’s a “NO for me”.

11. jason Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

nikki minaj stinks on this show please get rid of her. if not i hope your ratings are cut in half.

12. wanda Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 7:20 pm

GET RID OF THAT NIKKI–SHE IS A DISASTER-AM CONSIDERING NOT WATCHING THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF “IT”…………

13. rose Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

nicki is a complete idiot. we have watched this show for years as a family. but she is ruining the show!!!!!!!!!!!!! bummer

14. Cathe Dickson Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I have watched AI from the inception and have really enjoyed it until this year. I do not know where Nicki Minaj comes from but she needs to go back. It was a big mistake to put her on as a judge. She doesn’t have much experience. The show is comprised of FOUR judges not just Minaj.
    It is not the Nicki Minaj and AI show !! I honestly do not think I will be able to watch the show this year because of her. I think she needs to be replaced or just removed completely. I hope the show survives this year, but I have my doubts !! Please listen to your audience !!

15. Debbie Raboin Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 7:35 pm

If the past 2 nights are a preview of what’s to come this season, I won’t be watching.

16. Colleen McGilp Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

What the HELL was American Idol thinking???? I have followed Idol since the beginning but I don’t think I will be this time. Nicki Minaj is a joke extremely disruptive and acts like an ass & what does she know about singing cause she can not… I agree with Corinne it is not about her. If she is back next year I highly doubt Randy, Mariah and Keith will continue.
    ***** What a disappointment. *****

17. Jamie Lynn Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I have watched every single episode of AI, but they lost a viewer. What were they thinking? This isn’t highschool. Nicki Minaj is the rudest and most immature choice they could have gone with. Last season for them?

18. Jeff Sauers Says:
    January 18th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

somebody needs to call the City they left some trash out by American Idol last night. Lord please lets hope they can get it all in one hall. Cause lord thats some TRASH right there.

19. Beth Soule Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 11:53 am

We have stopped watching AI. Ridiculous. The show is supposed to be about the contestants, not the judges. What on earth are the producers thinking? The public is voting, alright….by not watching.

20. trisha Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 7:10 am

nicki manaj is awesome i love every bit of her entertaining attitude

Comments