New Judges Make Their American Idol Debut – Who Is Your Favorite?

January 18, 2013 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

The new season of American Idol kicked off this week with a two night premiere, where we not only got a glimpse of this season’s talent and lack of, but we also watched the debut of three new judges. With all the hype surrounding the dramatic new panel, we have to ask – which judge is the best this season?

This week brought the season 12 premiere of American Idol, in which all eyes were on the new judges: Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, and Keith Urban. With two divas on the show, it was no surprise that the claws already came out between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, while Keith Urban seemed to fall into the middle of the ruckus.

Nicki Minaj is getting mixed reviews on her debut, with some folks loving her “nurturing” side, while others were simply annoyed by eye rolling and how she tried to take charge of the panel. We’ve also noticed many negative comments here about Minaj’s debut this week.

Mariah Carey, on the other hand, did not seem to annoy viewers as much, but many fans are still on the fence about her on the panel. As for Keith Urban, well, he deserves a raise for having to sit in between the two of them. It definitely appears that both Randy Jackson and Keith Urban are focused on finding the talent, instead of the drama.

So, we want to know who your favorite new American Idol judge is and why. Do you think Nicki Minaj needs to go? Are you loving Mariah Carey? Or perhaps Keith Urban is more your style? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear from you. Comment below to share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

11 Responses to “New Judges Make Their American Idol Debut – Who Is Your Favorite?”

1. Mary T Says:
    January 18th, 2013 at 11:31 am

I think I’m seeing a different side of Nikki Minaj I didnt see before. She was very annoying before, but I’m kind of starting to like here. Mariah Carey on the other hand I dont think she’s making it. I feel she’s a bit blah! She looks horrible. What happened to hair and make up for her?

2. SherrellAnn Says:
    January 18th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Yes, Nicki M. needs to go ASAP. Producers, time to cover your losses and remove her from your viewers screens. She contributes less than zero to American Idol. Her preteen fan base does not control the channel hopping or purchase your sponsors’ products. Let her go and revert back to three judges, Randy, Mariah, and Keith. I will be eliminating AI from my DVR if this farce continues. It is a waste of viewers time.

3. Mike in Virginia Says:
    January 18th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

My wife and I are about this close (1″ between thumb and index fingers on right hand) to turning off American Idol – after watching it faithfully for 11 years! This competition is not about Nicki or that she feels threatened by someone wearing the same lipstick. Or that she approves of someone else who wears the same eye shadow! This is about the contestants! The other judges (Randy, Keith, and Mariah are professionals.) Compared to them, Nicki is an immature, spoiled Narcissist! Get her off the show! This bickering has got to stop. No wonder some of the contestants are nervous when they get before the judges – they’ve just witnessed totally unprofessional verbal attacks made by Nicki on Mariah. Or we (and I’m sure) many others who have enjoyed American Idol for many years will turn American Idol off!!!
    PS I’ll bet so many people saying Mariah inspired their hopes for a singing career really grates on Micki!!!

4. alberta mumph Says:
    January 19th, 2013 at 9:53 am

yes nicki needs to go have a hard time watching the show this year

5. JoAnn Says:
    January 19th, 2013 at 10:40 am

i will not be watching american idol, nikki is the worst judge i have seen, dont know who picked her but they should review your audiences remarks, she is way over rated, sorry but not watching this year, maybe next year will have to see the judges first

6. Mickey from Alabama Says:
    January 19th, 2013 at 11:29 am

Although Mariah does look a little blah, she is still the bomb, always has been, always will be.
    Nicki, on the other hand, needs to go. I think she is the only “B” on the show.

7. Randi Says:
    January 19th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

You have to get rid of Nicki!!!! We will not be watching this year if she stays. And by the looks of other comments we are not the only ones that feel this way. Sad because we have watched every year till this one.

8. DJ Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 10:27 am

Nikki is a immature talentless b#%^h- she needs to go immediately- she detracts from the ideals of American Idol- her constant eye rolling, bickering, etc turn me off- I won’t be watching it long as she is on the show. AI can do it with just 3 judges-!

9. Cherie Says:
    January 22nd, 2013 at 1:04 am

I am surprised that so many people feel the same as I do. It seems as though Nikki is taking the lead on all the comments to the contestants. Her comments on not on. Let the other 3 judges take the lead.

10. Ginette Lucas Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 6:47 pm

You should remove Nicki Minaj, no class, chewing gum !!!! Talk, talk, talk, not judging the signers for their voice, asking stupid questions not correlation with their voice.

You will loose fans this year!

11. Marshall ( Red ) Hartley Says:
    January 30th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

How can I talk to Maria for 30 seconds I was in the Army with her Uncle, and met her mom and grandma

Comments