Denise Richards’ French Bulldog Hank Dies

January 23, 2013 06:56 AM by Donna W. Martin

It’s a sad day for Denise Richards as she bids farewell to an old friend. The Denise Richards: It’s Complicated star lost one of her beloved dogs, 13-year-old French Bulldog, Hank.

According to People, Richards announced Hank’s passing on Twitter Tuesday. “Last night we lost our beloved Hank… I will miss him dearly, 13 yrs old… been there for me thru it all Best dog ever & part of our family,” she wrote.

Richards is an avid animal lover. “When I was little, I swear I brought home every stray dog, hoping my parents would let me keep it,” she wrote on an iVillage blog last year.

Following the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, she volunteered at a Long Island shelter that was overrun with animals needing homes. According to Daily Mail, she tweeted, “Day off tomorrow. Heading to an animal shelter, to help out. Over 600 rescued from the hurricane. My girls are coming to help too.”

And later, in November, she visited a North Shore Animal League shelter in Long Island, New York where she volunteered and encouraged pet adoptions. She even adopted a puppy herself; a black Labrador mix, and named her Lily.

But Lily wasn’t Richards’ first rescued pet. She has adopted other animals in the past, “A sweet 16-year-old dog that was left starved to death, and with cancer (she is doing great),” she said, “[and] a dog that was abused and had her leg amputated.”

“I have a dog that was a victim of a very bad hoarding situation – his legs were very damaged, but we fixed him up!” she said.

“I also have a dog that was born with no eyes. These dogs were all going to be euthanized. They are so loving and so happy at our home,” she added.

Losing a beloved pet is very difficult. Our hearts go out to Denise. Thankfully, she has other pets, a large group of rescue cats and dogs to keep her company and comfort her during this time.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information on Denise Richards: It’s Complicated. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: Denise Richards: It's Complicated, E! Reality TV Shows |

8 Responses to “Denise Richards’ French Bulldog Hank Dies”

1. Susan Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 9:36 am

Condolences Denise. I have always been impressed with what a good hearted person you are. The animals, the children, elping Charlie and his twins when he and Brook had substance abuse issues. There are few good hearted people left in the world so know that you are appreciated. Hank is in Doggie Heaven now looking out for you there.

2. diana Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 9:40 am

Denise,

all I can say is “Thank you so very much” You are a wonderful soul, with beautiful heart. Thanks

3. Tyler Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 9:56 am

Now THIS is news!

4. rev.jack Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 10:33 am

my best wishes for a happy life. Reminds me of a song.. Must paint my red door, BLACK… line of cars with my love,,,both never to come back! Like it happens everyday!

5. Quon Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 12:42 pm

In other news….Obama’s dog took a dump, Charlie Sheen’s dog has had sex with at least 4 dogs in the past week, and my dog can whistle Dixie and open a can of beer!

6. tammy Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I know just how you feel and I am so sorry. I just lost my little frenchie of 16 years,which is a long time for a frenchie to live. It was heart breaking, we went everywhere together. I will pray for you and the family.

7. Linda Says:
    January 23rd, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Thankful for people like Denise that take care of shelter critters! Sorry for her loss of her best ol pal, Hank. Time to get another dog to honor Hanks’ memory. And, thank goodness, time makes the pain soften, but at the time it is very sad and hard to bear. I think critter people think of their pets as one of the family and want to keep them warm and cozy!!

8. Denise Says: