Should Sarah Herron Be The Next Star Of The Bachelorette?

February 07, 2013 08:00 AM by Lisa Princ

This week on The Bachelor, Sean Lowe decided that Sarah Herron was not his future wife, breaking her heart, and the hearts of many fans. Sarah, who was born with one arm, proved not only to be sweet and beautiful, but also an inspiration to so many. Considering she has such a tough time trying to find love, would she be the perfect star of the upcoming season of The Bachelorette?

The Bachelor fans were disappointed this week, when (after showing Sean Lowe pictures of her family), Sean Lowe decided to send Sarah Herron home, claiming that she was not for him. Sarah had us in tears when she told the cameras that Sean was just like all the other guys – you know, the ones who tell her “how great she is,” but then leave her with nothing but hopes of finding love with someone else.

Sean Lowe explained his reasoning (again) in his blog with People Magazine, claiming: “I knew Sarah was not the one for me and I needed to send her home. I could have waited for the rose ceremony, but I wanted to explain myself. I didn’t think it was fair to make her wait two more days when I’d already made up my mind. Sending Sarah home was one of the hardest things I did during the season. It hurts me that she left feeling the way she did. She’s such a beautiful, bright woman, and some man is going to love her forever. I just knew that man wasn’t me.”

Ironically enough, in an interview last week with Ryan Seacrest, Sean was just about to reveal who he thought from his season would make a great Bachelorette star, but then he hushed, likely because it was one of the girls who was still on the show. Could he have been thinking Sarah also?

With that said, we’re thinking that Sarah Herron may be the perfect candidate for the new season of The Bachelorette, especially since fans fell in love with her, and she has such a hard time finding love. What do you think? It’s time to sound off!

Should Sarah Herron be the next star of The Bachelorette?

Please chime in below and share (or vent) your thoughts and opinions with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Photos Courtesy: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette |

11 Responses to “Should Sarah Herron Be The Next Star Of The Bachelorette?”

1. Susan Says:
    February 7th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Yes, Sarah Herron should be next bachelorette and if she is NOT chosen, I for one will simply NOT watch the next season…and I’ve watched every single season so far….You guys better do the right thing! Everyone I know who watches the show feels the same way I do about this…never before have I been sad for any of the eliminated contestants on past shows, but actually shed a few tears for Sarah. Heartbreaking. I think Mr. Family man, Sean, used a lame excuse for sending her home…that her bringing up family “scared” him. Please! Lost a lot of respect for him because of that. Especially when he keeps that mean, drama princess, Tiera around. Ick! One can only hope she’s a producer’s plant

2. cyndee trausch Says:
    February 7th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

it’s time to stop rehashing….get new people

3. Deb Kalin Says:
    February 7th, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Sarah would be a great Bachelorette hands down. I got teary eyed when Sean sent Sarah home. What a sweet girl. I am all for Sarah as the next Bachelorette!

4. Deb Kalin Says:
    February 7th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Sarah will be a great Bachelorette hands down. I got teary eyed when Sean sent her home. Please make Sarah the new Bachelorette.

5. Robin Says:
    February 7th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I would love to see Sarah as the next bachelorette. It’s time to have a woman on the show who isn’t a perfect Barbie doll, who is beautiful and has so much to offer, as she does. I think the way Sean handled letting her go was terrible. He seemed to think it was kinder to not make her go through another rose ceremony, so instead he chose to pull her away from the other girls, as though she was being punished. Then he told her, on camera, that she wasn’t for him. Wouldn’t it have been kinder to include her in the rose ceremony and just not give her a rose (along with the others he was sending home) instead of making his rejection so public and blantant? It wasn’t kinder to break her heart as the cameras were rolling after she had shown so much courage during the show. I was very disappointed in Sean’s total lack of compassion. A big thumbs down to you Sean!

6. Pam Says:
    February 8th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Yes Sarah should be the next bachelorette

7. D Says:
    February 8th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

No, se she just keeps playing the one arm card. She does not have just have one arm. If she did she would have nothing from the shoulder on down. Her left arm is only half an arm. BIG difference!, she can do a lot of things that someone with just one Rm could not do. And why does she not have a prosthesis? In this day and age they make the world of difference!

8. Elizabeth Owens Says:
    February 9th, 2013 at 4:44 pm

She is so sweet! I hope she is the next bachorlette

9. Outlaw Says:
    February 12th, 2013 at 9:16 am

Yes I think sarah would be great. and being the bachorlette the men that can on there would know about her issue. I’ve talked to a few guys about this and well they said they wouldn’t date someone with one arm. I don’t understand that but that’s men for you.

10. Jacy Says:
    February 12th, 2013 at 11:54 am

NO NO NO. The only person worse than Sarah (aka 1.5) is Tierra. I think Sarah was trying to capitalize on her disability. I dont think she should have made such a big deal about it. I feel like she should have wore her prostetic and only mentioned it once. Plus if you really look at her that girl has psycological problems that go way deeper than one half of an arm. I think Catherine should be the next bachelorette.

11. Sean Lowe Says:
    February 19th, 2013 at 2:44 am

Jacy, I picked Catherine so she cannot be the next Bachelorette. Sarah should be next.

Comments