Honey Boo Boo And Mama June Return From Florida In Midst Of DWTS Rumors

February 13, 2013 02:33 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Rumor has it that Here Comes Honey Boo Boo mother June Shannon could be joining the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars! But will the famous mom be able to carve out any time from her busy schedule to take part in the competition?

June Shannon has frequently mentioned on Facebook how busy she is now that reality TV has entered the equation. Not that she has a problem for it — she also frequently tells fans how grateful she and her family members are for the opportunity. But with a jam-packed schedule, is there any possibility for June Shannon to meet the stringent requirements for the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars?

No word yet from Mama June as to whether the gossip has any truth, but we do know that she recently returned from a much-needed break in Disney. She posted the news to Alana’s Facebook page: “We made it home yesterday, girls are back at school & we r back to filming. We had a great time in FL & hope to go back some time! It was nice seeing a lot of our fans there as well!”

The fact that the show is still in the midst of filming would indicate that a run on DWTS would be difficult to arrange. Yes, other stars have managed to keep working on other projects while taking part in the show, but usually at the cost of spending very little time with their family members. Mama June is such a family woman that it’s hard to imagine her leaving her daughters for several weeks in order to learn how to dance.

At any rate, the family had a wonderful time in Florida. June Shannon tried to keep it a real vacation, avoiding meet-and-greets and the like. She explained on Facebook, “THERE’S A RUMOR WE R HAVING A MEET/GREET BUT NO WE R NOT HAVING ANY WHILE IN ORLANDO, SORRY. WE R ON VACATION & ENJOYING FAMILY TIME ON OUR ONLY WK OFF. BUT IF YOU SEE WE WILL SAY HI BUT CAN’T STOP & POSE FOR PIX DUE TO PARK RULES.”

Would you like to see June Shannon on Dancing with the Stars? Sound of in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: TLC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC Reality TV Shows |

37 Responses to “Honey Boo Boo And Mama June Return From Florida In Midst Of DWTS Rumors”

1. Maria Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Ummm I don’t get it…why do they get RedNeckognize and I myself don’t. Hmmm that’s crazy world we live in. I enter giveaways and contests don’t don’t ever win nothing. And them people acting lame and weird gets on TV…wow!!

2. Cris Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

No I would not like to see June on DWTS. Thank you

3. John Smithy Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

NO PLEASE NO THEY ALREADY RAPE OUR EYES WE DONT NEED THEM IN SKIMPY OUTFITS D:

4. liz kelly-truchard Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

WTF ???? they better plan on shoreing up that dance floor!!! have we really sunk THIS low ?

5. bob Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

What fat little hogger

6. sj Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

DWTSumo mud wrestler!

7. Eva Slade Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Yeah, really busy. It must be great getting paid just to be fat.

8. nelda keith Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:36 pm

i think that the show honey boo boo is a disgusting show moraleizing a fat spoild kid that has no acting skills that i see. i also think that her fat mother is disgusting.shes living off the insults that america is laughingly directing at her overweight family member. they both need to get on a serious diet plan before its to late for the child.i have 278 friends on the web and not a one of us watch that ignorant show !!!!

9. Sabrineable Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Absolutely. She’s a good hearted woman and deserves to be there just as much as any of the stars that you never heard of. I bet she would get lots of votes. I say all the power to her.

10. Suzi Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Absolutely not! If she is on DWTS, I will never watch it again!

11. reta krukowski Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I will never understand how they got on tv and how they have stayed. The mother is extremely overweight and so are all the children. She is also an unwed mother living with the father of honey boo boo. I wonder if the other children all had different fathers. I know it isn’t the mother’s fault for the way she looks but she is extremely unattractive and I could think of nothing worse than seeing her in one of the dancing outfits. I wouldn’t wear one and I am probably 6 to 8 sizes smaller than her.

12. Mustang Sally Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

YES! I love this family and June bug would be a great addition to the show.

13. k. west Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

PLEASE, NO, who wants to watch this cow in skimpy outfits attempting to dance. This entire family makes me sick! They ALL need to go on a diet and someone should wash that obnoxious child’s mouth with soap. What a brat and her mother, OMG.

14. susan Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

No… I won’t watch it any more if she is on.
    Her show is the most disgusting show on TV and that is saying a lot because 99% is already garbage…. NO NO NO….

15. kenny Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Wow ! speechless ! think i am going to vomit

16. Jennifer Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Um…no thank you.
    I will, however, watch if she is on – just to see this for myself.

17. rebecca Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

you guys are so rude..its not all about appearance im sure you guys aren’t the best looking youre just mad cause shes making millions while you guys are stuck with your lousy jobs..

18. Bud Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I have heard of the saying “when pigs fly”. I guess on DWTS the saying will be “when pigs dance”

19. Kathy Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I love Mama June. She cracks me up…would love to have her be my neighbor! I know we would get along just great and would laugh all day. (And, no, I am not from the south.)

20. amy Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I think it is really sad that people are wasting their time watching this junk. Number 1 if this family wanted to be on T.V then they should be doing a fitness show..this family is so over weight its plain gross. If this childs name is really Boo Boo then she needs taken from the parents for neglect since they are feeding her everything in site. If she is this big now just think what she will look like as a teenager. I really think this family needs alot of help.

21. Randi Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I think June has a great energy about her. She is such a happy person and devoted to her family. She is definately different from the other reality personalities on tv right now. She’s no drama, fun, outspoken, and confident. She lives a modest life and I can relate to her more than I can to Kardashians or the people on Jersey Shore. I would love to see her on DWTS. Maybe she could knock some of these celebrities off their high horse!

22. Vicki Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Hell to the no. I wouldn’t watch it if she did.

23. chrissy Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

If DWTS sinks this low – just have just lost of viewer. This is truly disgusting.

24. backinmyday Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 9:15 pm

gee… this is what goes for “popular demand” these days..

god i miss the days when i thought richard burton was embarrassing.. what the hell happened?!

25. Sue Rosenorn Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I would love to see June on DWTS. After having to watch that ho Kim and that nepotistic daughter of Sarah Palin, this would be refreshing.

26. Sarah Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

America is becoming more and more ridiculous. Does DWTS want to have this big piece of blubber die during rehearsals? That is just a rumor. No show wants that kind of liability.

27. say wha..!? Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 1:22 am

TLC should go ahead and can the Honey Boo-Boo crap. there is already enough redneck shows on tv. we got gator fishin’ and catfish wrasslin’. we dont need no Dumpster Diving 101 show where a dirt poor fat kid competes in a ‘diva’ show because her mother is too ignorant to realize this isnt what her kids need. id rather have people with common sense, smarts and beauty (not necessarily Pam Anderson beauty) but definitely not more blubber than a blue whale.

28. larry Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 1:41 am

how would you like being her dance partner looking into that face and having her body pressed to yours? makes me cringe thinking about it.

29. copper334 Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 4:10 am

are you kidding me why do people give morons like this the time of day. I feel sorry for whichever professional dancer gets stuck with her.

30. Jeff Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 6:05 am

Waddling with the stars.

31. tom Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 6:07 am

yes please june on dwts. i would watch my first episode ever.

32. mrs.jones Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 6:51 am

there goes the ratings for DWTS lol. Someone please save us from this family. We already have enough with that bratty a** lil girl. Somebody needs to disconnect from this CRAP.. Nobody wants to see a FAT A** dance and break the floor let alone some nice heels hope she wears some flats.

33. Maria Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 7:33 am

Redneck or not she is keeping her kids out of jail, off drugs and keeps her family together. Maybe 70% of USA parents could learn something from her. As far as DWTS, it would be good for her ego and help her get healthy, this may be the nudge she needs. Lets give her some credit..!!!

34. karen Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 7:51 am

Yes love mamma June thinks she a down to earth person.

35. Robert Says:
    February 14th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Who wants to see the fat mother of an unruley and rude child dance. Big Mistake !!!!

36. Cyclone Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Whew you guys are too rude! One thing is clear – whether you hate or love her YOU KNOW HER. That’s what all of you have shown me. And I guarantee you that if June takes this on it will be the highest rated episode of all time on DWTS. You haters will be right there glued to your screens so you can say all you want that you wouldn’t watch but you will be there. And the directors of the show know that too. :) Have a great day everyone.

37. jeanne Says:
    July 14th, 2013 at 10:32 am

just seeing the commercials is enough for me to switch canels. you can’t blame the kid for what she does as that is what her parent and the net work tells her to do. the show is just plain discusting.

Comments