Honey Boo Boo’s Mom June Shannon On Dancing With The Stars?

February 13, 2013 11:34 AM by Lisa Princ

Say what?! Whether you love the family or think that they are one big ole redneck train wreck, one thing is certain, June Shannon is definitely one interesting character. But, is she interesting enough to bring some fun to the dance floor? Rumors are buzzing that the Here Comes Honey Boo Boo star is ready to lace up her dance shoes and head to the new season of Dancing With The Stars!

While some of you may be praying that it’s all a bad dream, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo star, June Shannon has been rumored to be in talks about appearing on the new season of Dancing With The Stars. We know – say it isn’t so, right? Well, we’ve got mixed details at the moment. A supposed “insider” for ABC claims that June Shannon is a front-runner to join the show’s 16th season, according to The New York Post.

However, shortly after that report surfaced, The Huffington Post reported that a rep for TLC told them that it is nothing but a rumor, and an untrue one at that. The rep went on to say that June Shannon will not be competing on the hit dance show. So, the question is – which rep is correct?

While we wait for new details on this story, we’ve got to ask – What do you think of June Shannon possibly hitting the dance floor? It’s definitely an interesting idea, and she could very well bring some fun to the show, but is she cut out to take the dance floor? Or would she deter folks from tuning into the new season?

What do you think? Time to sound off RTVM fans! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: TLC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC Reality TV Shows |

70 Responses to “Honey Boo Boo’s Mom June Shannon On Dancing With The Stars?”

1. goodphuckingluck Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

this puke of a thing on dancing.. god i wont bother watching.. vomit!!!!

2. jacquijons Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

No, she’s too lazy to be good on the show. It would ruin the program and make even more of a joke out of it.

3. serenity Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

oh, hell no! the woman needs to take a shower and wash her hair! yuk!

4. Donna Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Sounds like DWTS is fixing to jump the shark

5. j s shull Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I am literally sickened by what is considered entertainment on TV. Give me a good book any time, or even a bad one. It still beats TV.

6. Eileen Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

NOOO!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD-NOOOOOO!!!

7. Selah Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Do we have to be subjected to more of this travesty? Please no more Honey Boo Boo!

8. dj Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Gross. She is NOT a star. She is a piece of trash.

9. Jane Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I would love to see her on dancing with the stars. I think she would bring some interesting TV to the program.

10. Shieroc Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I would totally watch, you never know she might be a break out star and become slim and beautiful. That would be a “true” success story.

11. alie Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

maybe she has a hidden talent and can dance we should not judge a person by its cover because they look a certain way

12. Rhonda Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Can’t comment right now……….throwing up in my mouth!!!!!!!!!

13. ann edwards Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Of course people will watch June Shannon on DWTS because everyone will stop to look at a train wreck.I think she will be fabulous and funny!

14. sugamorgan Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

whos going to lift her in the turn???????

15. Sarah Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I for one, would watch DWTS if June was on. Why not? Why is she different than any other D lister they have on there? She is funny, she is clearly “in on the joke”. Everyone loses weight on the show so it could also be good for her! If folks are detered from tuning in because there is a person on that show they don’t like, no one would ever watch it!

16. Kat Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Oh my lord. I hope this is a joke. Picture her dancing around the stage in a mid-thigh dress?? I think I just threw up my lunch

17. cassie kohen Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I watch the show everyweek. and I think she is so funny outgoing and all around a great mom. She has given back to her home town every year with the Christmas in July food drive and at Christmas time hels kids who in most cases wont have a christmas. everyone in Social media thinks everyone should say or look and even act a way but its just not that way. So hats off to you June and the rest of your family.

18. Sheri Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

If she does join the show I will not watch it this season. I refuse to watch her nasty little girls show too! What a waste of tv . Do we really want to watch such stuff? I am not a prude at all but find this family revolting to watch. I even turn the channel when their commercials come on!

19. Melissa Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

She has a face made for radio

20. SHEARA Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I think June would be a great person to cast on the show! It would bring in a whole new crowd to DWTS. I personally don’t watch DWTS but if June was on it…I WOULD! She’s fun, funny and has a great attitude. Say what you want about the ‘Honey Boo Boo’ show but one thing is for sure…They all have a loving family and they know how to entertain!

21. Sheri Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Oh please! Really?? DWTS is for Stars!..when did this person become a star?…They will just anyone on there anymore

22. Carol Vega Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I won’t be watching then!!!!!

23. Cat Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

That will never happen. They would have to reinforce the dance floor and NO PRO DANCER will dance with a fat slob. With all the money Honey Boo is making, you would think JUNE could dress a little better and cover up the upper arm fat that is drooping down over her elbows. Even Honey looks like something from way out in the stix. They are just a bunch of Hicks and they got a reality show because they wanted to show just what a typical southern hick family is really like, and Honey Boo is a little phoney all the way. She does what the producers tell her to do, like fall asleep on the Jay Leno Show. All fake staged and scripted.

24. Lis Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I would watch to have a good laugh!! June needs to have a good health check up before she starts though… she isn’t exactly the healthiest of people and I would be afraid she would harm herself with all the extra dance work. My daughter is a dancer… it’s hard work, one needs to have athletic ability to keep up. So will see… like the article said it would be interesting.

25. Mary Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I would not watch if she were to be on the show. You have to set limits. It might help her to lose weight – but then she might have a heart attack! I love Southern accents but I can’t stand to listen to those on their show. Aggravating. True, I have only watched it once. Once is all I needed.

26. Julie Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I think it would be interesting. I didn’t like her at first but I would watch to see what happens, at least the first week or so

27. danielle Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

i happen to think it would be kind of a good idea, i mean you can loose a lot of weight dancing.. so this is a good opportunity for her to loose the weight that she wants too

28. ChristineA Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I don’t think her appearing is a good idea. I think it would be exploitative to have her on. I think her weight and perceived lack of sophisication will be a joke on the show. Personally, that’s not entertainment for me. Besides, her weight might not make it safe for her. Even fit people get injured on that show.

29. Jenny Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 3:37 pm

It’s really sad what they consider worthwhile to put on television. The networks must think the american public are complete idiots. I can’t even stand watching the commercials for that show of hers.

30. Robert Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

That fat pig dancing would be a comedy show. You would laugh your ass off.

31. Barbara Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I would be just as likely to watch her as any of the other “stars” on DWTS. Whey does everyone have to be so mean with their comments? Why call her “trash”. She seems like a nice person. She is certainly “different”, but I respect that. You can’t tell what sort of a dancer one might be by what they look like. Some very willowy ladies who were on DWTS had no rhythm whatsoever. Don’t disrespect someone just because they aren’t like you!!!!!

32. Rachel Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hate on her all you want. She’s no different then some other so called stars they’ve had on that show, and she’s funny!

33. tony Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

She better figure something out that kid is getting fatter and uglier all the time.

34. John Dough Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

She needs to be on Biggest Loser not DWTS.

35. Lori Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

OMG sure hope not. I sure won’t watch.

36. sheila berg Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I have grown to like June on her show. She has a great personalty and the longer you watch the show the more you realize that she is quite nice.
    I wouldn’t mine DWTS with her on it and I think people would watch the show.

37. Michelle Hart Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Sounds like you already have a large audience. I would say DO IT

38. ann Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 5:54 pm

god i hope this woman NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR goes on dancing with the stars.
    it made me nauseated when chad bono was on dwts
    to c boo boos mom would make me sick to my stomach.

39. Cathy Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Sounds to me like they are trying to up the ratings but making a joke of DWTS. No way she can compete with these people with all that weight on!! I’m sure many people would watch just to see her hopefully screw up. I hope she realizes they will be laughing at her and not with her because she seems to be a very sweet person!! I would love to see her lose some weight and then compete on the show..and win!! Now, that would be just great!!

40. Filo Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 6:42 pm

If she has the opportunity, and she wants to, go for it. She is just as good as anyone else. I think she is funny and has alot of heart.

41. Mary Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I won’t watch Honey Boo Boo, so she would not be an enticement for me to watch DWTS. I would hope the producers would search for “stars” that would pull in viewers! Maybe that is wisful thinking…

42. jlb Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Oh please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, come on DWTS is digging pretty low. She may be a nice women, but not for DWTS. We had to put up with Kirstie Alley and Chaz Bono,.. Please No No NO, i among others will not watch, and not sure the show can last when faithful viewers drop you like a hot potato.

43. Scoop Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 7:52 pm

If she “hits the dancefloor” – I hope it’s with her face ………… oh wait, looks like she already did – what a disgrace to DWTS, not that it was a good show anyway!

44. Marie Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I LOVE June!!! She is hilarious…a real natural and really a nice person. Yes, they may be a bit crude but they are being who they are. They are open and honest which is a lot more than a lot of other people on tv! I applaud her!

45. steve Says:
    February 13th, 2013 at 9:47 pm

How desperite are the producers to find a “celebrity” to do the show. Aa
    nyone who watches honey boo boo to start with is less than human or just looking to see how dumb someone can be. This is only outdone by the KARDASHIANS and Jersey Shore for the ultimate trash shows. If the show has any smarts left, I would think the hosts would resign before the season if MAMA is not voted off before practice starts

46. KoKo Says:
    February 18th, 2013 at 8:20 am

Go for it, June !

47. mindy coffey Says:
    February 25th, 2013 at 8:56 am

I could care less whom is on Dancing With the Stars because I do not care to watch it either way & I think all this Honey Boo Boo hype is all it is…hype & nothing more but exaggerated fame for her & “Mama” BUT I DO NOT think people calling her trash, nasty & all the VERY RUDE insults & names are necessary or mature at all…she is a bit hillbilly or maybe not skinny as a famous super-model, or normal as you would like but why such cruel remarks? I don’t care if she goes on the show or not nor do I care about watching her or her daughter as a form of entertainment BUT grow up people & quit talking about others in a way you would NOT want others speaking of you ALL OVER the Internet!

48. Amuse Me Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 12:22 am

Does anyone else wonder how this woman perceives herself? I wonder what she thinks when she looks in the mirror or lays in bed at night thinking about her life.

49. Penny Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 10:13 am

I would watch. She may not be a classy lady but she is still a person just like the rest of us. I think it would be comical if she were to go on DWTS. This may change her whole appearance on her life and her image.I say “Go for it June”!

50. Monica Williams Says:
    March 19th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I would totally watch!! Cant wait to see her!! If they can teach her to dance then there is hope for everyone!!

51. liketowatch Says:
    March 25th, 2013 at 10:32 am

first of all and most importantly, June cannot be on dwts because she has forklift foot! lol!! but, if she was on I would find it very entertaining which is all it is supposed to be after all entertainment. It isn’t going to change my life or any of yours so why be so mean rude and hateful? that’s the problem with society now some think they can stand in judgement of others and you are not entitled, you may think you are, but youre not. we all have a choice tho watch or don’t watch its your tv, but its not life changing. Just fun!!!

52. Jane Williams Says:
    April 7th, 2013 at 7:06 am

Why are so many of the comments here,derogatory? I have watched the series and yes,this lady has an outsize figure and she lacks make up and a fancy hair do but this lady is a very good mum who quite clearly puts her children before all else, we have seen them having a blast in the mud and popping down to the local tip to look for bargains and having FUN! Just because they are not the stereotypical family doesnt make them any the less of a family… Good grief just take a look at the Kardashians.. they having money coming out of their ears,fancy houses all over the place,posh cars and designer clothing and yet they all seem to hate each other.. The mum is a disgrace to all mothers and they are CONSTANTLY bickering and screaming and shouting at each other…I’d much rather spend a day with June and her family then spend it with Kriss Jenner and her awful brood.!

53. Lorie Brijeski Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I love June,she is hillarious but I dont think she would decide to do the show Lorie Brijeski

54. Beth Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 6:20 am

Go for it June! Show them what you got!!

55. Fran Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:34 am

The June “The Human Thumb” Shannon (as Joel McHale puts it)shrouded in spandex.

If true, DWTS jumps the shark.

56. Eadie! Says:
    April 22nd, 2013 at 1:42 am

Although June is considered uncouth, it is very rude to disparage her for that! Not everyone is brought up on the right side of the tracks!! She is a good mother, and has done a comparatively good job bringing up her girls. If we don’t agree with some of the things we see, that is not our call to make! I watch DWTS, and would keep watching it, even if she is on the show.

57. Dave Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 5:03 am

That women if you want to call her a women is the most ugliest bitch i’ve ever seen.
    Someone needs to just shoot her & get it over with & put her put of her misery.
    The little girl isn’t so cute either.
    Takes after her mother!
    Can’t see how they got on tv in the first place.
    No talent at all!!

58. Teresa Ellison Says:
    April 29th, 2013 at 7:27 am

l do not watch honey boo-boo and havent since the 2nd season. l think mom needs some mothering classes on how to raise that girl and l think that girl honey boo-boo sometimes needs her bottom spanked. lf the mom get’s her own show l will not watch. lf her mom star’s on dancing with the stars l will not watch. l think these shows have already gone to far you can’t even sit down with your children and watch have these shows because they are so out there.

59. Laurel B Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 12:13 am

Haven’t any of you people ever heard the saying “if you can’t say something NICE don’t say anything at all”. I can bet you are not all the beautiful, impeccably raised on the right side of the tracks people you are portraying or believing yourselves to be. What exactly makes you any better than someone that may speak or act differently than you? If June wants to take the chance of being on dancing with the stars than I say go for it! She is at least taking a risk doing something….what are you doing? Oh yeah, sitting on your couch doing nothing, not for yourself or any one else! Instead of criticizing someone for taking a chance, why don’t you haters go spend some time doing for others. Make a difference in this world…there is no worth to a couch potato hater!!!

60. Harley _Angel Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 11:15 am

When I first WATCHED THE SHOW HONEY BOO BOO ..I WAS THINKING IS THIS SHOW FOR REAL ??? Then friends told me yes it’s a real family…. So I watched it again It’s a real show with real people doing real things in there lives….Ok these people are real and going threw life living there lives….Hey June is a mother a human being and has lost weight Good Job June…SO What if June was going to try and DO THE DANCE CONTEST…MORE POWER TO HER…June isn’t a Barbie doll 100 pounds woman so what!! June is real NO FAKE ASS BARBIE !! June I HOPE YOU SEE AND READ THIS ….I’M A REAL BIKER CHICK FROM Eastern Kentucky…..You go girlfriend !!! Tell everyone Hello From Kentucky !!!

61. Melissa Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

and then the show changes its name to “dancing with the cows”

62. Kathy Blumenshine Says:
    June 29th, 2013 at 9:37 am

I would watch her on DWTS, but she does know that a lot of people will not be laughing with her,BUT at her!

63. thussaiththewalrus Says:
    July 2nd, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Harley_Angel: It’s ASKING not “thinking.” It’s THEIR not “there.” It’s THROUGH not “threw.” YOUR ENTIRE post is a red hot mess. You give “Kentucky” a VERY bad name, Harley!

64. Al Tuna Says:
    July 3rd, 2013 at 6:55 am

“Oink-oink-oink” said the Big Fat Pig.

65. Pammy Says:
    July 4th, 2013 at 9:07 am

The only reason you don’t want her on the show is because she is heavy. Even after losing over 100 lbs. She’s not a mean person, she never made any remarks that were mean spirited towards anyone. She seems to have it more together than people who are considers more cultured. Plus dancing is a wonderful exercise for people of all sizes. I’d watch if she were on. It’s a show about non-dancers learning how to dance. Lately though they rig it by putting on athletes or people who have dance backgrounds. It takes away from the real competition and spirit of the show when you basically have people who can dance. I like to watch those with no experience get better and better each week. I don’t appreciate articles that attack people because of their weight. It’s bigoted and not okay.

66. Gig Says:
    July 4th, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Does everyone have to write such rude comments. I’m sure she’s better than half of you writing such hateful stuff. So everyone needs to shut their BIG FAT MOUTHS!

67. Shawn Says:
    July 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

The family may lack refinement, but one thing they have is a strong family bond. They all love each other and enjoy each other’s company. That’s not something many families can say these days. Think what you will of their appearance and rustic qualities, but those kids love their mom; and she loves them.

68. Penny Says:
    July 16th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Ask me if I care!

69. charlotte downey Says:
    July 17th, 2013 at 10:41 am

Wow after reading some of this stuff I can see why there is so hate in this world. I feel bad the way people talk about others. I read somewhere I read: “What Susie says of Sally says more of Susie than of Sally.”

My thing is if you don’t want to watch something then turn it off instead of bashing everyone. To call anyones child trash…..shame on you!

70. gail Says:
    July 17th, 2013 at 8:37 pm

IM NOT GOING TO SAY SHUT YOUR MOUTHS BUT I WILL SAY IF YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT JUNE DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL SHE JUST LIKES TO HAVE FUN SO WHATS THAT WE NEED SOME FUN ON TV OR IN OUR LIVES

Comments