LeAnn Rimes Sues Dentist Over Teeth Troubles

February 15, 2013 03:00 PM by Megan Wilson

LeAnn Rimes is having some trouble with her mouth-and not just when she botches performances on The X Factor!  From what we’re hearing, Ms. Rimes has been having some major oral difficulties, leading the singer to sue her dentist!  Keep reading for the details!

Not many people really enjoy going to the dentist, but for LeAnn Rimes, the experience has become traumatic.  So much so, that she is feeling the need to sue her dentist for not only medical costs, but psychological issues as well!

LeAnn was seeing Dr. Duane C McKay, and appeared to have quite a bit of dental work done over a period of three years.  What started as a simple job of veneers at the advice of Dr. McKay (To help with TMJ pain), turned into a whole mouth remodel.  After complaining of pain from the veneers, Dr. McKay reportedly performed nine root canals (Including some emergency procedures), bone grafting, a temporary bridge and even physical therapy.  In the lawsuit, LeAnn states she’s incurred a “Permanent cosmetic deficiency” which will lead to further work and surgeries down the road.  She’s frequently tweeted about the numerous procedures she’s had done, including two surgeries while on tour-one in May and one in July.

the lawsuit claims that the work has affected LeAnn’s “ability to perform as an artist has been and will continue to significantly compromised until all re-treatment is completed,” and she’s seeking unspecified general damages and reimbursement for medical expenses and tacking on “emotional and psychiatric injuries”.

What do you think will happen in the lawsuit?  Let us know in the comments!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The X Factor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: TheXFactor.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, The X Factor |

14 Responses to “LeAnn Rimes Sues Dentist Over Teeth Troubles”

1. Jill Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Why would someone as rich aas Rimes get the massive amount of work done without seeking a second or third opinion to make sure the first dentist wasn’t a scam artist ?

2. Holly Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I LOVE the way that LeAnn smiles in the video for her song named “Something’s Gotta Give” when she first meets the guy near the end. (smiles)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly in East Tennessee (a day one fan of her)

P.S. If her dentist really did mess up in any way, may they NOT get away with it.

3. Mira Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I went through a similar thing only I had no attorney and no money like miss Rhimes it was horrible I went to see a New Dentist for a cleaning and 10 minutes later was on the side walk all bloody and with 6 teeth pulled from my mouth!! for no reason my teeth were healthy he was a fast talker and a ruse artist and i was a lone no one there except his gang memember nurse with the tatted eyebrows…I am such a fool….He was scamming me for crack money!!!I went to an attorney and he said it was assault and battery I went to he police they asked if he tied me up I said no but he held me down…no one would do anything for me…I couldn’t talk properly couldn’t eat he gave me no antibiotics I am a singer and couldn’t sing my life was changed so dramatically my whole system was out of whack no one wanted to help me it was too much for the attorney… to go after since he had no money or insurance the dental board did nothing! He had rented a dental office for the hour to do the dirty work !!!and then ran out… I never got the partial and now needed 6 implants … he was wicked and evil and may Dr.(if you can call him that)Jason Mirable go to hell and have someone rip his teeth out! You are lucky Leann you have Support!

4. Mira Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I went through a similar thing only I had no attorney and no money like Miss Leann Rimes it was horrible I went to see a New Dentist for a cleaning and 10 minutes later was on the side walk all bloody and with 6 teeth pulled from my mouth!! for no reason my teeth were healthy he was a fast talker and a ruse artist and i was a lone no one there except his gang member nurse with the tatted eyebrows…I am such a fool….He was scamming me for crack money!!!I went to an attorney and he said it was assault and battery I went to he police they asked if he tied me up I said no but he held me down…no one would do anything for me…I couldn’t talk properly couldn’t eat he gave me no antibiotics I am a singer and couldn’t sing my life was changed so dramatically my whole system was out of whack no one wanted to help me it was too much for the attorney… to go after since he had no money or insurance the dental board did nothing! He had rented a dental office for the hour to do the dirty work !!!and then ran out… I never got the partial and now needed 6 implants … he was wicked and evil and may Dr.(if you can call him that)Jason Mirabble have someone rip his teeth out! You are lucky Leann you have Money and Support!

5. Marlene Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I suffered for 2 years with TMJ, spending tons of $ with many different dentists and md’s. Finally went to a chiropractor who referred me to the greatest healer I have ever encountered. He was a dentist but did nothing radical, he combined his dental knowledge with using natural treatments. I felt relief after only one treatment but needed to continue treatment for 6 mos/ Thank goodness the TMJ has never returned.
    The pain of TMJ is all consuming and does affect your daily life and ability to perform to what is required of you. Don’t give up Ms. Rimes.

6. charmayne Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I’ve come to realize leann rimes will do and say anything for publicity

7. james Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Brandi is smokin’ hot and seems like the type that comes out on top. With a pain free smile.

8. amys Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I used to work at a Dental Office that did veneers, and the patients would complain about sensitivity to cold air,etc. A Dentist told me once that:you never let a Dentist drill on your tooth without water. It tends to make the tooth overheat. This results in having root canals done later down the line. I think she has a good case. I feel really sorry for him.

9. Hermy Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Nine root canals, and all that those other revenue producing procedures???? Geeze Louise, it sure took her long enough to catch on!

10. Jody McClung Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:31 pm

No, it couldn’t be that she is a no talent, hsuband stealing, home wrecking wench!

11. Hermy Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:32 pm

NINE ROOT CANALS!!! Plus all that other stuff… Eh gads, why did it take her so long to catch on?

12. zuma Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Why 9 root canals?

13. Almighty Hurricane Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

DO NOT USE A “DENTIST ARBITRATION” SERVICE!!!! It is an old boys school network of protecting BAD DENTISTS. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS GREAT LIE!-Dentist Negligence Mediation is a legal process known as Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), to resolve conflict without taking court action. Disputes can be settled without filing lawsuit and costly court fees. Dentist Negligence Mediation is arranged by lawyer or through certified mediation programs. Mediation is confidential and voluntary. Dentist Negligence Mediation can resolve disputes with quick, fair legal justice.
    It is so you can get a letter in the mail stating the dentist did all the procedures correctly. And that you have NO BUSINESS SUING THE DENTIST. And you sign your rights away. NEVER USE A DENTAL ARBITRATION SERVICE!! TAKE THEM TO COURT!!!TAKE THEM TO COURT!!!TAKE THEM TO COURT!!!TAKE THEM TO COURT!!! HAVE A JUDGE HEAR YOU!!!! Do not use the dental arbitration service. YOU WILL LOSE!!! HAVE A JUDGE HEAR YOU!!!! The dentist will not give a full root canal, he will drill down 9/10ths of the way, fill the root canal. BILL YOUR INSURANCE AND YOU FOR IT!! LATER THAT SAME ROOT CANAL IS HURTING YOU, YOU ARE BACK IN THE CHAIR HAVING THE SAME PROCEDURE DONE OVER AGAIN. Another thing they do is their work is so poor that they just they “KEEP FILLING THE SAME TOOTH” UNTIL IT NEEDS EXPENSIVE PROCEDURES SUCH AS ROOT CANALS,CROWNS, EXTRACTIONS. A person at my wife’s office had half her mouth removed because of this. A root canal is once in a while thing. If you need more than one root canal or your teeth feel horrible even thought you are seeing the dentist. GET ANOTHER DENTIST!!! Get the new dentist to catalog all that he’s(the old dentist) has done and take HIM TO LEGAL COURT OF LAW AND HAVE 12 JURORS HEAR YOU. It’s taken 10 years now, 15 root canals, I have one more crown to replace then I’m done with the damage the ‘ASSEMBLY LINE DENTIST DID.I LOST MY CASE!! BECAUSE I WAS STUPID! I used the SANTA CLARA COUNTY DENTAL SOCIETY, 1485 Park Avenue
    San Jose, CA 95126 Phone: (408) 289-1480
    Fax: (408) 289-1483.
    AND I LOST!!!
    THEY PROTECT ALL BAD DENTIST WHO DO THIS!! NO DENTIST CAN DO NO WRONG!!!
    AT THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY DENTAL SOCIETY, 1485 Park Avenue
    San Jose, CA 95126 Phone: (408) 289-1480
    Fax: (408) 289-1483.
    “old school protection network”.

14. don hurt Says:
    February 25th, 2013 at 6:00 am

Oh yes they are indeed killers with support!

Comments