LeAnn Rimes Sues Her Dentist

February 15, 2013 10:30 AM by Donna W. Martin

There seems to be trouble around every corner these days for X Factor guest star, LeAnn Rimes. And it’s a whole mouthful this time! At least it doesn’t have anything to do with The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, Brandi Glanville! Instead, the country music singer is suing her dentist for botched dental work. Keep reading for more details.

According to TMZ, Rimes filed a malpractice lawsuit against her dentist claiming he messed up her mouth so bad it’s affecting her singing career. She claims she visited Dr. Duane C. McKay for multiple procedures including crowns and veneers over a three-year period. And while the dentist promised the work would improve her appearance and help alleviate TMJ related pain, Rimes claims it did just the opposite “causing tremendous pain and bleeding.”

In October, the pain was so bad Rimes tweeted, “I feel like I got hit in the right side of the face with a baseball bat.”

In the lawsuit, Rimes claims she had to undergo nine root canals, bone grafting, wear a temporary bridge, and suffer through physical therapy. As a result, she claims she will have a “permanent cosmetic deficiency.” In addition, she claims the dental work performed by Dr. McKay was so bad it has messed up her singing career by hindering her ability to perform. Could this have been the reason Rimes totally botched her duet with Carly Rose Sonenclar on The X Factor?

While we’re uncertain how much money Rimes is seeking in the malpractice lawsuit, we’re sure it’s a very large sum considering she’s suing for physical, emotional, and psychiatric injuries as well as damages for loss of earnings both past and future.

What do you think about LeAnn’s latest troubles? Do you think she will win the lawsuit against her dentist? Post a comment and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The X Factor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: TheXFactor.

Photo Credit: CMT

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, FOX Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills, The X Factor |

30 Responses to “LeAnn Rimes Sues Her Dentist”

1. Linda Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 10:47 am

I really don’t care much for LeAnn and I don’t like Brandi, but if she(LeAnn) spent that much time, money, and pain, she certainly deserves to win a malpractice suit if all she says is true.

2. Missy S Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 10:58 am

She is bat-$hit crazy and always has some drama going on in her life. Everyone should avoid her like the plague.

3. Leigh Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Really???? it took her 3 years to realize this guy wasnt doing her any good? Usually after the first 3 visits a person knows they need to find some ofther doctor.

4. Al S Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:05 am

I’m sure she’s a very nicee person most of the time, But there,s only so much any dentist can do to help her.

5. reallydon'tcare Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:13 am

I think if she would sue her own dad, then she would sue anyone…Watch out if you have contact with her for anything.

6. Lauren Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:14 am

LeeAnn honey, no ammount of dental work (good or bad) is going to recover your singing career nor your physical appearance; you will still be one skinny, ugly, sorry excuse for a girl.

7. Mike Lipman Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:18 am

I would like to hear the dentist’s side of the story.

8. sherry Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:20 am

wish I could sue the dentist that hurt me so much but I don’t have the money to hire a lawyer :/

9. Debi Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:26 am

HAHAHA! What a hayseed! Dental work affecting her ability to perform would be a good thing because she can’t sing for shit. Maybe this is karma biting her in the ass for stealing Brandi’s husband.

10. Miss Discipline Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 11:56 am

Well LeeAnn, we see you have finally met karma.

11. Kathy C Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

This woman is constantly about drama, drama, drama. She’s f*cking nuts, is what she is.

12. Barbara Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I can relate – after 5 years with a specialist.

I had a root canal and then bone building done. Then, I was told that I had a cavity that could not be filled – after the root canal and bone building surgery! I was livid!

My ONLY option was to pull the tooth and get an implant, which I did. Then, I’ve lost the tooth beside the implant because of so much shifting… I have had TMJ too! Recently, I had to get a night guard! I AM SICK OF DENTISTS!

I HOPE LEANN WINS BIG!

13. Austin Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Are they going to write a song about it now? ” I went from a heart-ache to a mouth-ache”.

14. WP Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Why did she keep going back to a dentist for three years if he was causing her so much pain?

15. E Jean Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

OMG!!!! What is this adulterous broad going to think up next??? Her career has stalled because most people don’t like anorexic sluts who break up other people’s marriages!!! She was ugly before now she is hideous. Can’t stand anything about her and will NEVER buy any more of her music.

16. Claire Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Did she ever think going to another dentist?

17. Dee Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

As a dentist, I was amused to read her claims. First of all, hasn’t she admitted in the past that she’s bulimic? The bathing of teeth in digestive acids simply removes the enamel of her teeth. I’m assuming this is why she needed the numerous crowns and laminates to start with. If she then continued her destructive habits, the best dental work in the world would never last. My guess is that she destroyed the dental work as quickly as it was placed. I cannot think of anything a dentist would do to healthy teeth that could precipitate nine root canals!

18. Diana Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Sounds like this adultering songstress needs to spend a little more time with her brush and floss between visits

19. jmkien Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Did she ever think about brushing once in a while? What a freakin skank! I don’t think I have ever seen a more homely looking B>>>>.

20. aimee Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

She won’t win. Dentistry is hard to prove malpractice. If he was using methods not allowed by the ADA then she might have a chance, otherwise she will not. Her TMJ may be related to what she does at home to try to keep her man from wandering…….AGAIN. If he will cheat with you, he will cheat on you~ Some hookers never learn!

21. et Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Quit bashing her it’s not her that’s causing all the stink it’s Brandy & who had ever heard of her before this. Brandy needs to stop bashing LeAnn & get on with her life. LeAnn is not the first celebrity that ever broke up a marriage. Look at Angelina Jolie, everybody thinks she is the greatest thing ever & she is the biggest nut case ever.

22. Emil Anghel Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Based on her description of the case, LeAnn Rimes is a winner. More than likely, the case will be settled before trial. All bad, incompetent and violators of the accepted medical practice physicians must vigorously be punished. This is a field of activity where even a minor oversight could lead to serious consequences. In fact, many physicians should be prohibited from practicing, that bad they are.

23. Jeanne Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I couldn’t stand her when she was 14 and I can’t stand her now. I doubt the dentist had anything to do with her singing career.

24. Sheryl Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I understand to a degree where LeeAnn is coming from, I too was a performer. I had extensive dental work done, and I couldn’t pronouce my words right, I had slurs where I use to have clarity. It is a true thing, when you have your mouth worked on, it can be detrimental, and obviously this is the case. I don’t believe in suing people, but then again, I don’t believe people, especially trainned and credentialled have the right to hurt someone. I feel for her singing performance loss. And maybe they can’t get it back now? I don’t know. That will have to be decided in the future I believe. But she maybe on cue with this. I hate to say it. I know she has drama in her life a lot. I know what goes around comes around. She sued her father over money of her singing career. Maybe this is her payday coming back to her? I don’t know. But I will not give my opinion on the matter, further. I just hope she doesn’t lose her ability to sing so beautiful. She once was absolutely an astounding performer. I also agree that you don’t continue seeing a dentist for 3 years once you discover the pain is getting worse and so are other areas that are being affected. I know I wouldn’t anyway. But neither here nor there, maybe she had faith in the dentist, and has had his work in her lifetime and he had her trust.? Things happen in this life, we don’t always have understanding or control over them, but they nevertheless, still happen. It’s called life, and how bad can it beat us up in the end? I think attitude and positive thinking could be the next step she needs to pull out of it. I hope that works for her. Whatever the outcome, I hope she keeps her voice. that’s a GOD gift to her. No one has her voice. Things change that can take away from us. I retired out of my singing in 1989. it’s rough sometimes. She has enough money to live off of the interest and be happy and well off for the rest of her life. Whatever she makes of it in the end, well. I wish her all the best, not all the drama.

25. BootyTang Says:
    February 15th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

AS IF Rimes has a career?! Please! She’s the one hit wonder Courtney Love of country music! Please stop talking about her.

26. ann Says:
    February 16th, 2013 at 8:44 am

Everytime I have seen pictures of her, she was smiling,in her bikini on the beach..She is probably running low on cash supporting her husband..She ruined her own career.What goes around comes around,she is always going to wonder if her husband is cheating on her!

27. Jenna Says:
    February 16th, 2013 at 9:12 am

The bottom line is that this dentist had nothing to do with ruining her career she did that all by herself by being absolutly nuts and sleeping with a married man and eventually stealing him away from his family….she was never that big of a deal till all her bullshit hit the fan. I hope she looses and that people stop giving her any attention at all she is not worth it.

28. Debbie Says:
    February 17th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Well it’s a known fact that cheaters, and worrying that you will be cheated on causes dental pain and bleeding gums …..

29. Ann e Says:
    February 19th, 2013 at 10:18 am

Why is this story about Leann under The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills topic?

30. natalie Says:
    February 19th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I had 7 root canals,dental cyst, had to have them all out, they contain chloroform, which is formic acid, which is formaldehyde, I am left with chronic phantom pain, autoimmune angioedema. contact Weston a price foundation Washington, warn Leanne about toxic effects root canals, algham, thank god I did

Comments