Trump Threatens Suit Against “Dump Trump” Petitioner

February 20, 2013 06:09 AM by Megan Wilson

Remember that cute “Dump Trump” petition we reported on before Christmas?  Well guess what?  Donald Trump of Celebrity Apprentice has taken notice of the online campaign, along with it’s 680,000 signatures, and is NONE too happy.  He’s decided that threatening it’s creator with a $25 million dollar lawsuit is the next step.  Keep reading for the details!

Donald Trump and his hair have decided that enough is enough.  The lawsuit-happy Trump asked his lawyers to draft up a letter to the petitions creator, Angelo Carusone, demanding that the petition be removed.  The letter basically calls out Angelo as being a bully, and states that if he continues with the petition, a hefty lawsuit will be forthcoming.

While you claim to be merely exercising or right to free speech, your egregious, premeditated and illegal conduct far exceeds anything protected by the Constitution.  Rather than simply engage in lawful protest, you have apparently made it your mission to interfere with and intentionally disrupt Mr. Trump’s longstanding and well-established business relationship with Macy’s as well as his contractual dealings with other third parties through mob-like bullying and coercion.”

Well guess what?  Angelo isn’t buying it.  Instead of cowering to the giant, Angelo is stepping right up to the fight.  In a statement to the media, he said, “Donald Trump’s attempt to silence me will not work. I’ve dealt with enough bullies and know better than to succumb to intimidation.  By threatening me, Trump is only reinforcing the point that we’ve been trying to get Macy’s to recognize: that Trump’s brand is consequence-free bullying and chicanery; it shouldn’t be rewarded.”

Angelo and his lawyer, Paul Levy of Public Citizen, sent a swift response to the Trump legal team.

“Your letter repeatedly asserts, without any factual basis, that Carusone has exaggerated the extent to which members of the public have endorsed his boycott effort; you also contend, again without being specific, that Carusone casts Trump in a false light.  Your letter repeatedly asserts, without any factual basis, that Carusone has exaggerated the extent to which members of the public have endorsed his boycott effort; you also contend, again without being specific, that Carusone casts Trump in a false light.”

“There is a well-established First Amendment right to advocate a boycott over policy-related objections … I have no reason to believe that there is a tort of exaggerating the public support for a political campaign,” The letter reads.  “If there were such a tort, I imagine that most candidates for public office, no doubt including your client, would be liable at one point or another.”

Levy also stated that there has been no lawsuit filed to his knowledge.  Now, if you’ll remember, way back in November, Donald had NO problem with the petition-he actually said that his fragrance and clothes were still flying off the shelves-and no petition was going to affect him.  Yet, a month later this letter is sent out.  Something is fishy!

What also boggles the mind is why we’re just now hearing about this letter from December.

What do you think is next?  Have you signed the petition?  Let us know in the comments!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, Donald Trump, NBC Reality TV Shows, The Apprentice |

50 Responses to “Trump Threatens Suit Against “Dump Trump” Petitioner”

1. will georgebabubat Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 6:44 am

I’ve said it all before

2. paul ryan Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 6:47 am

Lets ask Rosie what she thinks about his being a bully. I saw him on MSNBC and if someone can go through his comments wow he could be sued for ONE BILLOIN

3. Kristine Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 6:48 am

He is a bully and he insults only everyone. Funny he can throw out hate, but a piece of paper that encourages people to sign a petition? Big BABY!

I hope he is not getting that we think he is a waste of time and he needs to back off on bullying the President, Rosie O”Donnell, and on and on.

I hope he has to put up his hair hat for a retainer.

4. Nadinedhoo Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 6:54 am

This all started with The Donald bullying President Obama for a long time. The Donald can be a bully and no one can stand up against his bullying?? I don’t think so,Donald Trump has brought this on himself!! Who could possibly feel sorry for this rat! He has no respect for our President and now nobody has respect for The Donald. God don’t like ugly, and Donald what you do to others will always come back to bite you in the you no what!!! LOL

5. eviemaurer Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:02 am

I haven’t signed it, but I’d like to sign it.

6. Katherine Daily Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:07 am

Trump has just sold a 26 million dollar building for 2 million. It is obvious he needs money. He tried to sue Bill Maher also. next he will sue Obama for being born in Hawaii.

7. Lewis Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:11 am

After reading this I’m all on board here….I have to listen to this blow hard inject himself into Americas every conversation.
    And who the hell is he but some fat ass golden spoon born guy that has never even known a calous on his hands for a honest days physical labour…

But some how heavy lifting for him is going after the “little man” who would dare offer up the thought of kicking his ass, through the public forum……

Hey Trump your rich but not God…..signing the petition as soon as I post this you “punk”.

8. Donald the Tool Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:19 am

Donald is becoming a serious tool. Amazing how a man with so much money can render himself more and more irrelevant every time he opens his big, ignorant, foul mouth.

9. Jennifer Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:22 am

Whatever, Trump is a tool.

10. Gre Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:22 am

Who’s the bully? And who behaves about like a 12 year old bully. I cannot stand Donald Trump. He is another narcissist who thinks he is above everyone else and laws do not apply to him. He also obviously thinks he is the only one that deserves rights. I usually say live an dlet list but I think it is time for some karma and some humility for this man. But then that is God’s job and decision, not mine

11. Richard Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:23 am

Typical showboating from “the Donald”, and nothing more that this. The axiom applied here is “bad press is better than no press at all”.
    This fuss, like his hirsuteness, will slowly slip away…

12. Brian Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:23 am

I have not signed the petition, but I am googling it now and will sign it. Trump is a clown. I used to have respect for him back in the early 90′s when he was humble after the disasterous Atlantic City hotels he owned. He was humble about where he was in his career and how he would come back. Now, I wish he stayed on the bottom like the scum that he has turned out to be.

13. Courtenay Cross Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:25 am

I am always suspect when I see glaring grammar errors in the first paragraph of an article. IT’S its.

Honestly, this man wanted to run for president and does not believe in free speech? Stop giving Donald Trump free publicity. He is a caricature of a yet to be created cartoon character.

14. Todd Traub Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:48 am

Possessive “its” is not spelled with an apostrophe S. The story should read “its 680,000 signatures,” not “it’s.” That is a contraction meaning “it is.”
    Likewise, “petitions” as it is used here in the second paragraph (“the petitions creator”) is plural but it is supposed to be possessive and should read “petition’s.”

15. Nancy Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 7:55 am

its tough however…freedom of speech is one thing but full on hate is quite another,a clash of the titans so to speak. Your messing with the man’s money taking food off HIS table so in time karma will travel back around maybe not in the same fashion but it will come back around differently since the intent is to take.

16. Jon Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Megan Wilson should be fired. Her reporting is totally unprofessional. “Trump and his hair”???? come on… journalist should be held accountable to a high standard and when they fail.. they should be terminated.

17. liz Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 8:38 am

im soooo glad i didnt sign. id be shaking in my boots.

18. Barney Mcneill Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 8:47 am

You can tell a person’s character by their associations. With his Celebrity Apprentice, it’s obvious he’s a jerk. That show is ridiculous.

19. Ruben Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 8:56 am

I have signed the petition and I will be very happy to sign it AGAIN! In fact I started a petition earlier to cut ties between Macys and Trump. Trumps image is not what the people who visit Macys wants.

If Trump has any so called injury to his image due to such petition and wants to sue then maybe we need to get with President Obama to support him in a lawsuit against Trump far more financially damaging to Trump.

I agree that Trump tries to through his weight around and bully others because of his well known name but as I said long long ago time will catch up with him and he will fall! Trump your time is very very near!

20. mareon g Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 8:58 am

Yes, have signed the petion, Mr. Trump thinks in his mind he is God and he respects no one

21. Bert B Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Trump’s fragrance? I did not know there was a market for the odor of bullsh* .

22. Chris Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:03 am

I dont buy Trumps merchandise at Macy’s. I dont shop at Macys. I dont use his casinos or hotels. I dont visit any of the properties he uses for tourism. I dont watch the Apprentice. Bottom line is I dont support Donald Trump or his endeavors because of my negative opinion of him and his ridiculous actions or behavior. If you dont want anything to do with the man then dont.

23. Jimmy5Fingers Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:04 am

This windbag is not happy unless he it threatening someone. He does more harm to RepubliKLANS than good.

24. Fred Olenick Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:26 am

Americans are so tired of Donald Trump, numbnuts limbaug, beoncee, gag gag, and the ilk. The issue of TV (FOX) critics trying to make a major issue of starvation etc. on the cruise liner (when passengers told us that it was not bad at all) goes to show that all the media is hurting.

25. Dennis Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:29 am

Trump just go away. After all the things you have done and said, you are the last person to chastise anyone for their opinion. You are now planning to use your financial influence instead of changing your actions and attitude. You sir should be FIRED!

26. Debbie S Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:36 am

I’m interested in signing your petitioner but have never heard of it until now. Trump has never been anything more than a narcissistic wealthy thug. His sons are the perfect example. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…

27. Bill Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:43 am

Can donald and his bad hair please go away. How about a petiton to take away his citizenship and send him packing to Siberia?

28. David Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:51 am

Every time I see donald trump I vomit a little in the back of my throat.

29. Aaron Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:55 am

I believe I already sign that brilliant petition! I think we should start a petition asking Donald and Rush to leave this country and move to the moon where they both belong!!

30. claire Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:57 am

For crying out loud – if you don’t like Trump – just don’t watch – say, spin that dial – shop another store. And, both of you stop trying to promote yourselves with these baseless and juvenile assertions. GO AWAY – the petitioner and the Trumpster.

31. Joice Miller Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 9:59 am

Yes I sign the petition to DUMP TRUMP.This guy is a joke and he should be sued for all the things that he called the President Of The United States.

32. Cracker Jax Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:06 am

Trump is obviously in great need for M O N E Y. It seems like it is every week he proves how really stupid he is just by opening his mouth and making some dumb ass statement or is wanting to sue someone. His world is falling apart and he does not know how to deal with it. Obviously they don’t teach that at the Wharton School of Business. Selling Trump water or ice just does not pay the bills. The Donald will just have to find another widget.

33. Dave Zimmerman Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:10 am

Where do I sign?

34. Joshua Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:19 am

Oh Donald Trump, nobody cares, sincerely everyone

35. ajhorne Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:32 am

I signed the petition when it only had 120,000 signatures.and it has 680,000 now WOW. That is great, this man has disrupted other peoples lives all his life, from the racism back with housing, to the racism comments he suddenly makes to the black stars that go on his show, (it is sad that those stars let money allow him to make racist comment the way they do, ie the comment to lil wayne about what would have happen if the other guy called him BOY, WTF) I stopped watching that day. and encourage all 20,000 facebook and twitter follers to do the same. most stay the only time they watched was when he added the “token blacks” on the show. then of all the presidents in the USA now Trump is Obama’s Public ememy number one for no other reason then the color of his skin. we have had democratic president before and Trump was no where to be found, now a black man show up and he wants to show out. ANYONE against Racism should boycott Anything DONALd Trump. I took back a few mattress to gardner white already, and I won’t shop MACY’s or GARDNER WHITE FURniture again( I cut my card with it’s 10,000 credit, paid it to zero) and I won’t shop there until ALL relationship with DONALD is gone.

36. Theioe Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:35 am

The Donald is THE MAN! All the liberals are just jealous of his success! Go The Donald!

37. SHINES Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:56 am

1st!!!!!

38. DD Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 11:19 am

I would like to sign that petition about Dump Trump to funny I am in. Let me know where I can go to sign up.

39. Melinda Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 11:25 am

Hmmm….how interesting. Isn’t his show, the Apprentice, about to start its new season soon? What better way to become “relevant” again by making a few headlines? Don’t be fooled people, just stop watching his shows, stop talking about him, and he’ll fade away. Like a bad dream. No, like a nightmare.

40. Marc Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Better yet, boycott NBC until they dump Apprentice — Trump NEEDS the income from that show. trump is nothing but a bully and a thug who was given a golden spoon and believes he earned it.

41. Mike Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Really? He threatens to sue people all the time. No one cares!

42. Betty Smith Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Trumph is a big old girl bully!

43. Paul Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 11:58 am

DUMP TRUMP!

44. Opal Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I think it’s funny that a bully like Trump would use that reference on someone else. He has been using his financial clout to browbeat people for years. If he wasn’t giving money to the people’s favorite charities, I doubt seriously that he could get anyone even including some of the (?) reality tv stars (?) to be on that show of his. I think NBC should join the Dump Trump movement.

45. Linda Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I signed the petition for Macy’s to Dump Trump. I did so because Trump is the ultimate bully. He behaves as though his money buys him immunity from common courtesy and common sense. This man had the all out gall to try to intimidate the POTUS. I believe he’s a card carrying Klansman and have since stopped shopping at Macy’s.

46. EDMOND MARTIN Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I signed the petition

47. Jutice Forall Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Can you say “TRUMP IS THE ULTIMATE NARCISSIST”?

48. HUe G Rection Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Trump is the prototype capitalist. He in his own time has risen from the ashes again and again. Black people cant stand when someone has something they dont and feel entitled to it. Obama knows he applied for student loans under the guise of forieng student that is why he wont disclose his student records enough is enough and anyone with computer knowledge knows obamas birth certifcate was created in a word type document. I hope these liberals enjoy what they are doing bullying others that disagree with their opinion (Chick fil a)and others liberals are the most understanding and accepting as long as you do not disagree with them

49. Rodney Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

This is great!The bully is getting Bullied! Sweet

50. holykaos Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Terrible behavior for a public figure. He needs to stop running his mouth.

Comments