Feast Your Eyes Ladies! America’s Next Top Model Will Return With Male Models

February 25, 2013 03:00 PM by Lisa Princ

If you’re one of the many who have been anxiously awaiting the news about the new season of America’s Next Top Model, you’re in luck, because CW announced the details recently for Cycle 20, including the fact that Rob Evans will be back. On the bright side though, we’re in for a hot new twist – the addition of male models! Details inside…

That’s right, when America’s Next Top Model returns this summer for Cycle 20, there will be male models in the mix. In a recent press release, CW announced:

“Eight men and eight women will live under one roof and battle it out to earn the prestigious title of America’s Next Top Model. This cycle will explore the similarities and differences that male and female models face in the pursuit of their careers, bringing on experts and celebrities to mentor and challenge them each week. There will be more than a little opportunity for rivalry, flirtation and romance.

The model hopefuls will compete for a career-launching prize package that includes new prize suppliers Next Model Management and GUESS, as well as NYLON magazine. The winner will receive prizes including: $100,000 national ad campaign with GUESS, whose advertising campaigns have launched many modeling careers; a fashion feature in NYLON magazine, as well as a modeling contract with Next Model Management.

In addition to the panel of judges, which includes Banks, fashion public relations maven Kelly Cutrone and former boxer and international male supermodel Rob Evans, the public will again be able to have a say in who stays and who goes in the competition. Famed stylist Johnny Wujek returns as photo shoot creative consultant and top fashion blogger Bryanboy will return as the social media correspondent, mentoring the models and highlighting the scores, comments and video messages from the viewers that will be revealed in the show during judging.”

Okay, who is excited for the new season? Post a comment and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about America’s Next Top Model. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksAlot: America’s Next Top Model.

Photo Credit: CW, E!

Topics: America's Next Top Model, CWTV Reality TV Shows |

13 Responses to “Feast Your Eyes Ladies! America’s Next Top Model Will Return With Male Models”

1. Ceal Says:
    March 21st, 2013 at 11:56 am

ANTM; mixed bunch. You have got to kidding me. Good hustle if you can get it.

2. Patricia Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 9:06 am

I have to admit, I have been a fan of ANTM since it started years ago. Last season, though, will be my last. I absolutely abhor the new format. Doesnt make sense to change something that has worked and was currently working to something so different that it was shocking. I miss Mr. Jay, Ms. Jay and Nigel. I realize Nigel has a new show, but I miss all of them on ANTM very much. All the new judges are just plain annoying. Ruined the show for me. Love you Tyra, but you and your producers have made a big mistake in my opinion.

3. Katie Says:
    April 8th, 2013 at 5:06 am

I totally agree with Patricia. Last season was my last season, too. The format sucked. I used to wait with joy for every episode to come on in the past but last season I couldn’t care less.
    Good-bye Tyra and your huge ego. Good-bye contestant wanna-bes. Go get careers as nurses or teachers and help humanity!

4. regina m Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

The new format is terrible. I miss the old regulars.I miss the beginning interviews. Thats where you get to know the contestants and pick your favorites. The photo topics seemed trashier. a few seemed okay.

I dont like viewers voting. How is that kept fair.

Why not have a season with all men.? I loved the vintage top model and the season with the shorter models. They had personality and knew they had to earn their place in the competition. Last season the girls came in acting a little high handed.

Maybe Top model needs to give up the ghost and top before they get dragged through the mud.

5. regina m Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I dont like viewers voting. How is that kept fair.

Maybe Top model needs to give up the ghost and stop before they get dragged through the mud.

6. Linda Says:
    April 13th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I agree with Patricia, Katie, and Regina. The new format is absolutely terrible! I watched the first episode just to give it a fair chance, and it was my last!! I loved the show, and I bet there’s a lot more viewers who felt the same. Miss the Jays and glad Nigel has a new show on Oxygen. I saw him on Bravo’s late night show w/ Andy Cohen. He said he was angry about being fired, fumed for about a week and the Oxygen people called and offered him the show. Isn’t Jay Manuel working for Yahoo? Haven’t heard what Ms. Jay is doing.

7. Edith Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:33 am

My sis, & I used to always watch ANTM, after season 17 we just stopped it wasn’t as intresting, Now we are giving it a chance again. lets see what Tyra has up her sleeve!!!!it sounds like fun!!!

8. sheila Says:
    April 18th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

My daughters and I watched from first season…without the jays and Nigel plus new format its just awful. no longer a fan.

9. Cari Says:
    April 28th, 2013 at 8:20 am

I agree with most of the posters above. ANTM is just not what it used to be. I was a devoted fan, watching from season 1 forward, that was until last season when I saw the new show format. Social media is great but to integrate it into ANTM was a HUGE mistake. It is horrible. The modeling world is difficult enough to get into, but adding the critical aspect of public opinions into the judges panel is absolutely heinous. Sorry Tyra, but I won’t be watching anymore.

10. Patricia Says:
    April 29th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I agree with those that said Miss Jay & Nigel should be on this show! I also liked that Jay Manual
    photographed them & prepared them for the photo shoots! Why aren’t these people on anymore ? If it ain’t broken you don’t fix it!
    I was an avid viewer but I will no longer watch without the regulars on the show!. Tyra is not enough to bring me back!. Too bad,I bet a lot more people think the way I do too and won’t be watching anymore either! The “Powers that be” Should think before they make big changes!

11. Octavia Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 5:19 am

I too agree with some of the previous comments. The new format sucks!!! I didn’t even stick around to see who won the last cycle. Bryanboy makes me itch! Rob was tolerable because of his good looks and charming accent. Kelly comes off as a mean-spirited “know-it-all”. Instead of adding male models, they should have went with an ‘all’ male cycle, hell it couldn’t be any worse than the previous cycle. If the new cycle doesn’t air the same time and something more interesting, I might consider tuning in.

12. kimmypoo Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

new format is stupid.why have stupid voting who are not experts.Also,how about having one of the white girls get her head shaved smooth.that would be cool.you could have the makeovers where everyone gets a tranqulilizer dart and when they wake up they see what they look like!That would be so awesome!

13. Babydoll Says:
    July 15th, 2013 at 12:24 pm

The prize is soooo cheep relative to judge’s salary – makes me sad to see the models put through soooo much for such little pay

Comments