Is Nicki Minaj Leaving American Idol?

March 01, 2013 12:00 PM by Donna W. Martin

This is Nicki Minaj’s first season as a judge on American Idol. And things started with a bang thanks to the feud between her and fellow judge, Mariah Carey. But will this be Nicki’s first and only season on Idol? It could be. Keep reading for more details.

According to E! News, Minaj says she’s uncertain if she’ll return for another season of American Idol. “I don’t know, we’ll have to see…See the thing is, we’re only half way done so, I’m absolutely enjoying Idol but I don’t know how I’m going to feel at the end of it, she said.”

One thing Minaj is sure of is that she won’t be performing on Idol with Mariah Carey. At least not “Unless, it looks like this,” she quipped pretending to strangle someone, “God bless her though…I mean, that will never happen.”

Minaj’s decision to return to Idol may depend on more than just whether or not she enjoys her judging gig. According to MTV, right now, she’s juggling multiple projects, Idol and working on her album ‘Pink Roman Reloaded – The Re-Up.” And once she’s finished with this album, she plans to start working on a follow-up. So she may be too busy with her own music to worry with finding the next singing sensation.

We can’t be certain if Minaj is going to come back for another season of American Idol or if she will opt to produce and promote her own albums. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

What do you think of Nicki leaving Idol? Do you think she’s a good judge and want her to stay? Or is it hasta la vista, baby? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section below and let us hear it.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

74 Responses to “Is Nicki Minaj Leaving American Idol?”

1. redwild Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 12:49 pm

PLEASE……DON’T BRING HER BACK! I can only take 15 minutes of her whiny voice and I have to change the channel.

2. Debra Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Mariah is too much of a lady to even give her a “pffft”…nicki should go

3. ginger Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:13 pm

She sucks! Get rid of her.

4. jgcpa Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I hope she leaaves the show. I find her c0ommentss obnoxious.

5. Wes Leath Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:26 pm

PLEASE Nikki, leave NOW!!!!

6. susan striker Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Niggy Minaj is a terrible judge of anything. She is the worst thing to happen to Music and now Television.

7. Valantalamanamanisha Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:27 pm

i think nicki minaj is a diva and i lost my respect for her after watching her story on tv

8. Linda Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I am so sick of the two divas they are sooo stuck on themselves it is disgusting. Nickie and her nasal voice and bored look when anyone else is talking but her and Mariah and her mirror checking and and fake comments is a real turn off, I use to be a fan of Mariah’s but not anymore she is too stuck on herself, I hope neither of the two perform this season and hope it is the last season to have to watch those two clowns.

9. linosz6 Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Are you kidding?? I was hoping she was leaving NOW.
    We can all see by the constant eye rolls and speech ascents that its all about her and what attention can be brought her way. Go now!!

10. Shell83 Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I’d be glad to see her go since it’s so awkward between her and Mariah. It’s painful to watch.

11. Phyllis Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 3:08 pm

She is a disgrace. Very disrespectful and has no apparent vocal/music knowledge. Her facial emoting has no place on this show. She makes it about her when it should be about the young talent.

12. DENNIS pizzo Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 3:21 pm

The show really stinks…..way too long…1/2 is two hours…The male singers are the worst batch of talent ever…Do we need to see each one hug each of the four judges after each one is let go? The wacko’s keep getting further along…..And the longest back round stories of how they got there….Lets see them after they are gone…back at Target….as far as Nicki…she seems so utterly bored…sometimes not even looking at them sing….I think she is a comic relief…..the other princess looks like she’s sitting on a giant turd all the time…time to put this show to bed. Lets give Ryan more time with his GIRLFRIEND….or more Kim reality shows…

13. shannon Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I will continue to refuse to watch the show until she is off of it. She has no talent and no taste.

14. Nitat Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I can only hope she won’t come back. She is both condesending to the contestants as well as her fellow judges. The faces she makes as people sing are immature and rude. I thought I liked her as an artist prior to this appearance, now I don’t care for her at all.

15. Bill Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Good riddens, every word that comes out of her mouth on the show makes me cringe. She is just a waste of space up there. No good remarks or advice come from her. She is just serves to anger people, what a great objective that is.

16. nicole Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:11 pm

haters get busy with irrelevant comments

17. KYrispie Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:14 pm

NM has no real ability to judge singing talent. Night after night she is content to play with her hair and attempt to bring the spotlight to her with her “cutsey” quips and accents.

18. Bob Burg Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I like Maria better, Nikki does not fit in. good bye

19. Donna Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I like her. I didn’t think I would. She has added some humor to the show and has made it interesting. I am not fond of the sound of her speaking voice but some of her comments crack me up. I wouldn’t mind if she stuck around.

20. Kathy Anderson Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Nikki is absolutely disgusting and should never have been put on the panel as a judge…she talks with a nasal twang..i mean what is with that ….and she is so jealous of Mariah Carey..like she is 12….sexually harasses the men/boys who audition too, I’ve never seen a more immature person in such a position…she is surely not a likeable person and I wonder if she even knows anything about music…….where did you get this ass….?

21. Patricia Serrano Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I think you should take her off. She has no class and can’t get along with others. I think she has a vulger mouth thinking she is cute BUT she is ugly and tasteless.

22. Betty Cory Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:24 pm

PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Nicki Minaj as soon as possible. She adds nothing to the judges panel except discord and contention from her first day on the set. She’s already run off the set once and she was the cause then of the bad vibes that she created between herself and Mariah Carey.

23. greg Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:28 pm

she looks just like a skint turd…she talks thru her nose..she has ruined american idol

24. Ken Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Worst Judge I have ever seen. Acts stupid, probably is stupid.

25. Carole Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Nicki Minaj gave an impressive response to two brothers who were auditioning and were out of control. The judges were being bullied by these two contestants when N.Minaj told them to stop and that it was time for the judges to speak…she said it in such a beautifully calm yet forceful way. The boys stopped cold. She was the only judge who could stop their out of control behavior and she did it with class and intelligence. She often says amazingly insightful statements. Nicki Minaj has won me over!

26. Michelle Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Hopefully, AI producers will listen to the fans and she won’t have a choice of coming back. Good riddance, I say.

27. Sarah Downey Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I think she is a fantastic judge! She is so down to earth and knows her stuff. She has constructive critism with a charm that is so luring.

28. sandy Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I do not like her at all!!! I hope she does not come back. I do like the other 3..they are a class act. She is not the kind of judge that American Idol needs….My opinion only….I will still watch it but I know of several of my friends that couldn’t stand her this year and have stopped watching Idol.

29. Me Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Minaj can’t leave soon enough!!!

30. s. mitchell Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:36 pm

It’s obvious that Nikki is not enjoying herself on American Idol. The feud between her and Mariah is so apparent you can almost see the flames shooting from Nikki’s nostrils. She seems to not like herself very much and has very little or no sense of humor although she tries and is sometimes funny. But, there’s some inner hate and psychological problems with low self esteem issues going on there. She should go back to what she does best, singing and entertaining.

31. Anne Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I hope she stays. I think the judges this season are the best in that they offer some substance. I’m impressed with all of them, especially Keith.

32. marleen Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:42 pm

If Niki wasn’t so selfish she would leave idol now before she ruins the show completely. I have heard only negatives about her and I certainly understand because I use to love idol but with her on the panel, its just wrong…maybe next season if she’s gone I’ll try again.

33. SLynn Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Hasta La vista! She is funny to watch but is biased and horribly rude, and has a total attitude if things don’t go her way. She doesn’t seem like a part of the judging team

34. michael Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I can only hope she leaves and never comes back.American idol use to be family show not anymore will not even watch it now !!!!!!

35. Gatorgirl830 Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:43 pm

She needs to go. She is unprofessional, turning her back to Randy and Mariah and rolling her eyes. Her fake accents and appearance are revolting and she patronizes ALL of the contestants with her silly nicknames for them. Some of her comments are worthwhile but her attitude and demeanor are an insult to the viewers that still watch the show. If she remains, I won’t watch again and I have watched all seaons.

36. Arsolar clemons Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:44 pm

HASTA LA VISTA BABY,THAT FAKE VOICE AND CORNY NAMES SHE MAKES UP FOR CONTESTANTS IS SO ANNNOYING

37. Jody Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:45 pm

we can only hope she leaves she has made the show disgusting with all of her comments sexual and everything else , kids watch this show as well as adults and she cant sing worth a crap her ownself.

38. Sue Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:51 pm

No I do not like Nicki as a judge on American Idol! She appears to like herself more than why she is there and acts bored as she comments on the contestants. Hope she does find something else to do.

39. Kay Robles Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Let Minaj go!!! She is so narcisistic!..She wants to be the center of attention. She should
    go and promote herself. Let someone more mature
    fill the spot.

40. colando Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm

nicki seems capable enough but her snubbing miriah carey is so immature its painful to watch. isn’t this a job? isn’t she getting a great deal of money to do this?
    a real professional would not behave like this and it ruins the show which is supposed to be contestants whose entire lives depend on the judges opinion,
    and the fake accent ridicules the contestants as well.

41. judy Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I wish she would quit

42. RL Alexander Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Needs to leave now!!!!

43. Sha Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:15 pm

She is so weird…and not to mention RUDE! Get her out of there!

44. Jim Gregory Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:21 pm

OMG…Please LEAVE, IDOL is no place for GANGSTA Trailer Trash. Actually IDOL SUCKS this year. We will no longer watch this year after they put thru the Lion King Lady.

45. Gary Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:23 pm

She won’t be missed.

46. Laura Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I hope she doesn’t come back. She has ruined the show for me. She doesn’t belong there!

47. Joan Starcher Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I think that she is the rudest judge ever to be on this show. She has no respect for Maria. She is so full of herself and it just seems that everything has to go her way or like a spoiled brat she rebels. If it weren’t for the other three judges, I would have quit watching this show. I’ve been a fan ever since it first started. I truly believe that Nikki needs an attitude adjustment, better yet she needs to leave.

48. Kenny Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Nicki can leave any time as far as I’m concerned,before she screws up one the contestants.They do not need to be judged by her. I feel sorry for them and the other judges.

49. Betty Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Personally, I wish she would leave TODAY. The “Sweet little Lady Bug”, is not a good match up for American Idol.

50. Blue Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:45 pm

No, Nikki is awful, no class, rude, rolls her eyes when she doesn’t like what the other judges are saying, constantly asking the guys if they are married, and sexual overtones. The producers should talk to her about what are appropriate things to say to the contestants.

51. glenn Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I would like to see Nicki leave American Idol. She’s a joke

52. kim Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I hope the little witch does not come back. I think she has caused alot of people not to watch the show. I can hardly stand to watch her! she is very immature and not half as classy as Moriah.
    I don’t like alot of her comments to some of the young men. She shows no respect to those that have wives! Frankly I loved Steven Tyler as judge!

53. Ron Myrick Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Nicki is a complete idiot. Get rid of her NOW; do not wait until the season is over. While you are cleaning house, find a replacement next season for Mariah. She is too much into herself.

This is the 8th season that my wife and I have been watching Idol, and it is by far the worst ever. Even Randy is slacking off some and he has always been my favorite. I will continue to watch Idol and see who the judges will be next season. If Nasti Nicki and Mahvalos Maria are still there, then I’ll be watching another channel.

Last complaint: The first few weeks of every season is really hard to watch. Where do you find these goofballs. Out of the hundreds that try out, certainly you don’t have to televise the weirdos.

Tks, Ron

54. mimi Says:
    March 1st, 2013 at 10:01 pm

oh. my. lord. i love nicki she can not leave idol. :[

55. Tom Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 7:51 am

She should leave immediately, not wait until the end of the season. She makes the show terrible.

56. Kathy Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 8:23 am

IF she leaves, I’ll watch Idol again. I’m not watching this year solely beause of HER. She has no talent, ergo, no business judging talent.

57. Craig Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 9:32 am

She is much better than I expected. People complain about her being rude must have just started watching the show. There used to be a male judge named Simon on there. It’s what made the show. One oddball makes this show. She is that oddball and surprisingly gives pretty decent feedback for a quasi-rapper female.

58. Ann Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 10:03 am

Cannot stand the girl, how’d she get that job anyway? You can find a much better judge that will make the other judges even better than they are aready with a better partner.

59. truth Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 10:15 am

Truth is…
    You just don’t need both of them. Four judges is too many the way they’re doing it, no matter who they are.
    From what we’ve seen thus far this season, Nicki is by far the better critic and personality than Mariah.
    Odd the judges table is not speaking in a rotation like they have in previous years. Mariah always being last definitely doesn’t help her value.

60. pat48 Says:
    March 2nd, 2013 at 6:19 pm

She is repulsive.

61. rosebud Says:
    March 3rd, 2013 at 1:47 am

PLEASE REPLACE NICKI NOW! It’s just excruciating listening and watching her. Completely ruins the show. She is so disrespectful on anyone that does not agree with her and she goes on, and on, and on…it’s all about her. So awful, I’m not watching.

62. Shann Souders Says:
    March 3rd, 2013 at 5:52 am

I don’t watch Idol anymore because her voice is very annoying along with a bad attitude. She is very self centered and rude as well.

63. TamTam Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Nikki is gross, are all these boys of age she talks about eating up or taking home?We used to watch Idol as a family, but i cant let my grirls watch it anymore..Love randy and keith, maria can stay or go, shes boring, What were you guys thinking putting her on the show? Put BRETT MICHAELS ON !!!!!!

64. SV Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:31 pm

By assaulting our senses with Minaj…Idol has sunk to a new low. Sure, she’s colorful and manufactures drama….but, so does a drag queen. And the queens that got pushed through in the beginning…was over the top nauseating and I had to turn it off. I don’t watch Idol to barf. I watch it to see the cream of the new raw talent rise to the top and metamorphis into a polished gem. The gag inducing low class obnoxious talentless banter of Minaj does not make for enjoyable viewing. Keith is great. He has real ideas and solid instincts based on REAL TALENT AND EXPERIENCE. Minaj is a crude, arrogant, diva wanna be with absolutely no authentic ability to judge talent. Please…say Bye bye to this over paid “personality”.

65. ed11111 Says:
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Get rid of Minaj because she talk too much and she is fake. I’d rather see Mariah stay because we know she can sing and she know what she was talking about.

66. Joseph Says:
    March 6th, 2013 at 5:42 am

I HOPE and as soon as possible. She does not know what she talking about and stop making stupid comments.

67. Billy Bob Bubba Says:
    March 6th, 2013 at 9:57 am

My guess is this will be the last season for Idol;nikki minaj is a mindless,rude, crude talentless idiot!

68. lynne Says:
    March 6th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

As if she had a choice. Niki is chatting up I don’t know, I am so busy, don’t know if I have time Because she knows Idol is NOT going to ask her back. She is mean and ugly and wears those ridiculous costumes so people won’t know who she really is. so sad, the viewers are on to her and have had enough ! They should be able to sit in any chair but no they are arranged because of her !!!

69. MEH Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:06 am

I couldn’t believe this “family show” allowed Nikki’s “I love your boobs” to go on the air. PLEASE remove her immediately. The show will gain in the ratings if that would happen. Three remaining judges would be a good thing.

70. Jess Says:
    March 7th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Nikki has be be FIRED right now!!!! She is a horrible judge. Ugly and Fake. Please learn the lady like manner from Miss Mariah Carey when you have the chance. Nikki will not last long in this industry. She has problems with people.

71. mdimt Says:
    March 13th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

She needs to go as of last week! I cannot stand her focus on only one type of music. She needs to like all types of music to be a judge on AI!

72. Katherine Polk Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I really am sick of looking at nikki, she grossly disrespected Smokie Robinson’s wife tonite. How in the hell did they choose her to critique someone. American idol use to be a good show please get rid of nikki or you will loose your audience.

73. Cindy Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 4:43 am

Please get Nicki off the show, she is so unprofessional. I can’t stand to watch the show since she is on it.

74. jim Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!
    She has caused upset in the entire show, she is probably the shows demize.

Comments