Is Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving ‘The View’?!

March 10, 2013 02:51 PM by Shayla Perry

It seems as though Elisabeth Hasselbeck couldn’t outwit, outplay, and outlast her co-hosts on The View. After almost 10 years on the ABC daytime talk show, rumor has it that the Survivor alum is leaving. Was the resident right-winger fired because of her conservative ideals?

Not long after Joy Behar announced that she won’t be returning to The View next season, word has leaked that Elisabeth Hasselbeck will also be giving up her seat at the table, though the network has not yet confirmed the news.

Sources claim that the reason for Hasselbeck’s exit was the co-host’s “extreme right-wing” opinions, which, according to market research, turned viewers away from the show.

It’s being reported that Elisabeth was informed that her contract wouldn’t be renewed on Thursday (March 7), but a rep for the show says otherwise.

“Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long term contract,” the rep tells UsWeekly.

During her time on the show, Hasselback engaged in many heated arguments with her liberal leaning co-hosts — and a few guests. Her most infamous being the exchange with former moderator, Rosie O’Donnell, which resulted in the comedian’s own departure.

Whether she was fired or not, we’re sure this won’t be the last television gig for Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Perhaps a job at Fox News is in her near future? The outspoken star has served as a guest commentator on the network several times over the years.

What do you think RTVM: Do you watch The View? Are you happy to see Elisabeth Hasselbeck go, or will you miss her on the show? Sound off in the Comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!  Click here for more information about Survivor.  For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Survivor Caramoan.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |

13 Responses to “Is Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving ‘The View’?!”

1. justine Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

We are in serious trouble when we only have the opinions of one side. Sorry we don’t all dance to the song……

2. Bonnie Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

She WAS ultra-conservative years ago—but has definitely mellowed…I would miss her on the show. Hope the rep was telling the truth that she has a long term contract :)

3. marsha mims Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I quit watching The View as often before the first election of Obama……..with the exception of Elisabeth, the others are to liberal and disrespectful of anyone that has a different view from them…..Whoopi, Behar and Walters should have existed many years ago.

4. Aurelia & John Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Elizabeth brought some balance to an otherwise “Liberal” Panel on the VIEW. We will no longer watch the View once Elizabeth leaves.

5. jane Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Maybe they should get rid of Barbara Walters; she needs to retire! Just because Elizabeth gives her honest opinion on things doesn’t mean that she should get the axe!! What is happening to free speech in this country!!!

6. Kathy Hansen Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

When I first started watching The View, it seemed to be a witty and friendly program regarding a very wide range of entertaining topics. Over the years it turned into a political soapbox for the extreme left. Friendly banter turned into loud hateful voices of condemnation for anyone daring to disagree with liberal views. I, as well as so many of my friends, stopped watching a long time ago. I applaud Elisabeth for having the moral fortitude to stand up for her beliefs and for staying in that environment for so long. Elisabeth was the only reason I watched the program for as long as I did.

7. Billy Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Glad to see her go.

8. Lisa Onley Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

i will be very sad to see elisabeth go.she is the only conserative voice on the show.she has suffered rosie and joy.that should be enough to keep her.if it is her decision,that is one thing,but if she is being booted out because of her views,it’s a different story.if that is the case,abc,the view are no longer going to be airing on my tv.

9. Susanne Drzymala Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

All Elizabeth does is interrupt each and every host, she has interrupted even Barbara Walters on many occasions.

10. maddey Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I cant stand Elizabeth Hasselbeck. She’s a dumb blond.The show isnt good either and id much rather watch Wendy Williams at that time slot.

11. Naida Sunlow Says:
    March 10th, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I won’t watch it if Elisabeth goes. She is the only balance figure on the show.

12. Merrily Snider Says:
    March 11th, 2013 at 2:47 am

I have watched the show a few times and have turned it off when EH gets into a battle with liberals over something that is so simple and not worth the ruckus. When everyone starts talking at the same time, no matter what the topic or who the guest is, I just turn it off. I really can’t figure out how this show has stayed on for so long. I have a slight hearing problem so when people start talking over each other it is just bye bye!

13. Britt Says:
    March 11th, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Although I don’t agree with a thing Elizabeth Hesselbeck stands for, the show wouldn’t be the same without her.

I love to hate Elizabeth.

Comments