Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Soap-Opera Drama

March 17, 2013 09:31 PM by Veronica Dudo

The all-star celebrity cast must perform soap-opera scenes for a major soft drink product with the help of some special guests on Celebrity Apprentice. Veteran soap stars Susan Lucci and Jack Wagner lend some helping hands for this week’s task on the NBC reality TV series. The battle between La Toya Jackson and Omarosa Manigault hits a breaking point! Keep reading for all the drama; plus find out who gets fired this week!

The 12 remaining celebrities return all vying to win money for their charities. This week the contestants must bring out the drama for their task! That’s something they shouldn’t have any trouble with. Executives explain to the celebrities that they will be acting out a soap-opera scene for a new product: Crystal Light Liquid. Both teams will be judged on audience reaction, creativity, and brand messaging.

Things heat up for Team Power which is made up of Brande Roderick, La Toya Jackson, Omarosa Manigault, Lil Jon, Claudia Jordan and Dennis Rodman. La Toya Jackson steps up to be the Project Manager. Soon, it’s a power struggle between Omarosa and La Toya who have a heated exchange. The confrontation begins when La Toya tells Omarosa to be quiet. Omarosa tells La Toya to lead the team in a respectful manner. In an effort to diminish the aggressive behavior, Omarosa goes with Claudia to buy dresses. Later, while practicing with their soap opera guest star Jack Wagner,  Omarosa gets a call that the 911 tapes from when her fiance, Michael Clarke Duncan had a heart attack might be released. Omarosa decides to leave her team.

Over at Plan B, Stephen Baldwin decides to lead his team as the Project Manager. Lisa Rinna, Marilu Henner, Gary Busey, Penn Jillette and Trace Adkins work with their soap-opera star Susan Lucci. Stephen takes his job as director very seriously and keeps telling his team to “stop” while they’re practicing which is driving everyone crazy!

It’s showtime. Both teams perform their scenes in-front of a live audience. In the end, the Crystal Light executives like Plan B’s soap-opera scene the best and Stephen Baldwin gets money for his mothers breast cancer charity.

In the boardroom, Donald Trump asks Plan B who the weakest link is and they all answer Gary Busey. Despite his quirky personality he has done what he has been told to do and has carried out his part to rave reviews. Omarosa and La Toya Jackson have another blow-up in the boardroom. Omarosa feels La Toya should be fired because she was the project manager and therefore ultimately responsible for the team’s loss and La Toya believes that Omarosa let the team down when she decided to leave to handle personal issues so she should be fired. Omarosa cries again saying that she needed to get things in order with her late fiance Michael Clark Duncan’s estate. In a shocking twist–La Toya brings Brande Roderick and Dennis Rodman back into the boardroom. Donald Trump even admitted that he has never been so shocked in all his life with who a project manager has brought back. La Toya candidly says she thought Donald Trump fell for what she believes is an act from Omarosa along with fake tears. Donald Trump says he would fire whoever deserves to be fired and it could have been Omarosa if La Toya would have brought her back into the boardroom. In the end The Donald tells La Toya it was her fault for not bringing back Omarosa and that La Toy Jackson is fired.

When saying goodbye to Dennis Rodman and Brande Roderick, La Toya says, “Make sure you guys get her off,” referencing Omarosa. Moving forward it should be very interesting to see what happens especially with Omarosa still in the game!

Have you been watching All-Star Celebrity Apprentice? Do you think Omarosa is using the untimely death of her fiancee to generate pity and keep a spot in Celebrity Apprentice? Join the conversation and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

11 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Soap-Opera Drama”

1. Sally Sue Says:
    March 17th, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I dont get Why the WOMEN challenge Omarosa, She’s brillant, and beautiful. no reason to fire her. The Fact that shes a powerful Black Women. You People leave her alone. what did she do besides play a powerful game. Thats why Trumps continues to support this Beautiful Women

2. Cehemise Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 12:18 am

Omarosa is one of the nastiest people going. Her arrogance and combative attitude make her the one you love to hate. For that reason alone, I doubt Trump would have fired her had she been brought into the boardroom. People tune in to see what she’ll do next. And, stay tuned, she won’t disappoint.

3. Debbie Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 6:50 am

Two weeks in a row Omarosa was not taken into the board room. Both times the PM told Trump it was because they didn’t think he would fire her. Trump should actually hear what people are saying. We all know he wants the ratings and he wouldn’t fire her. If LaToya had brought her back with Dennis, maybe they could have double-teamed her and then Trump wouldn’t have had a choice. Omarosa started trouble from the first minute. Everyone should do their best to get her out as soon as possible. She is a no talent who is only there to promote herself.

4. maggi Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 8:12 am

Trump thinks his viewers are stupid. He’s not going to fire Omarosa ..shes there for the ratings. Last nights show was so setup it was unbelievable. Another fake reality show.

5. Tammy Smith Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 9:40 am

I can not believe that Trump brought back Omarosa anyway… she is so nasty and rude and she thinks that she is the best thing that has ever happened to the show… well i have watched for the first three weeks and until she is FIRED i will not watch anymore and watch her BS on the show!!!

6. claire Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 9:55 am

Its ALL ABOUT RATINGS…and Trump is not stupid..Amarosa brings in the ratings I’m sure. But her crying over her dead boyfriend, I dont believe one tear is real.

7. Val Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 10:26 am

I predict….the last two left standing will be Trace Adkins and Omarossa. That will be a ratings bonanza for Trump, and good will triumph over evil – Trace will beat Omarossa

8. PJ Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I cannot watch another show with Omorasa..I will keep up with who won what for what charity….as goofy as Gary Busey is….he is likeable in a wierd way…..but I can see where he is distracting….but Omorosa give her a challenge put her up against NeNe…who is another reason RHOA is slipping…she too has gotten vey self-absorbed..but Omorosa c’mon call some BS

9. PJ Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I want Lil John to win…..I love his commentaries…..the one with “you know when a black woman puts her hand on her hip etc….” LOVED it!…and he is humble in my opinion….I did not mind The Trump asking him about his grill….I was curious myself..but Lisa’s lip was invasion..he could of asked her about in a more private setting…..

10. KRSS Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I was really excited about this season’s show because of the people appearing, but having only watched 3 episodes, I am very disappointed. I don’t think I will be watching any longer which is sad. I can’t stand the way Gary Busey is treated by his teammates. They are such a**holes to him. He has done everything that has been asked of him and they constantly throw him under the bus in the boardroom. They bitched and moaned and groaned about the way Steve was directing during the task, and then said nothing about it in the boardroom. They used Gary as the scapegoat. It was so wrong. He is such a loving and caring man. He may be a little different from the rest of us, but that it why he is who he is. His excitment and love for life and others is amazing. I don’t think he should be treated in that manner at all. I felt so bad for him. It was so wrong. Now that Dee is gone and Gary was treated the way he was, I will more than likely not watch the show any longer. I really like Penn and he is the only one not throwing Gary under the bus in the boardroom. If more is needed out of Gary during the tasks, he needs to be advised so. Not caught off gaurd in the boardroom. Pathetic!! More powder to ya Gary and Penn!!

11. Cathie Says:
    March 18th, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Disappointed in Trump, he has over ruled choices before and he should have made omarossa come back. My husband died recently and if I used his memory then way she uses hers, he would haunted me. Latoya does use her brothers death and the world loved him. Omarossa is not anyone I want in my life ever!

Comments