Derek Hough Says Julianne Is Doing Fine After Split From Ryan Seacrest

March 20, 2013 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

A few days ago, fans were shocked to learn that Dancing with the Stars‘ Julianne Hough and American Idol‘s Ryan Seacrest ended their relationship of more than two years. We all assumed that Seacrest would be fine, since he is so busy, but fans worried about how Hough would handle the split. According to her brother, and fellow Dancing With The Stars guru Derek Hough, Julianne is doing just fine after the split.

The news of Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest’s split saddened fans, who had been hoping the pair would tie the knot, not breakup. While we’re certain that Ryan Seacrest is burying himself in work, we wondered how Julianne had been handling the split. According to her brother Derek Hough, Julianne is doing wonderfully, or at least, that is what he thinks.

“She is doing great. I was with her the other night. She’s doing fantastic. She’s doing wonderful,” Hough told Extra of his sister’s emotional stance after her breakup with Seacrest. And in case you were wondering how the stunning blonde is going to keep her mind off the breakup, Derek says she is ready to start dancing again, but not necessarily on DWTS. “I’m not talking about the show, but she wants to dance. She’s like, ‘I need to dance. I love dancing,’” Hough explained.

Derek Hough, on the other hand, seems to be a Dancing With The Stars staple, and honestly, with moves like his, we never get tired of watching him. If you did not tune into the premiere on Monday, you missed a great performance by Derek and his partner, Kellie Pickler, who earned a 21 on their first routine. Something tells us that Derek will be in the running for another mirror ball trophy!

Are you sad that Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest split? Feel free to sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Dancing With The Stars. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Dancing With the Stars.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, FOX Reality TV Shows, Julianne Hough, Ryan Seacrest |

25 Responses to “Derek Hough Says Julianne Is Doing Fine After Split From Ryan Seacrest”

1. Sharlene Says:
    March 20th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I feel really sad about the breakup of Julliann nd Ryan. I felt it was a real thing and they were a cute couple. I hate for them to be like everyone else in the business.

2. Fran Says:
    March 20th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

So sad to hear about the split between Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest….Thought they would make a perfect couple….however, we don’st live behind closed doors with them…so who knows????

Ryan recently had said that the happiest part of his day was waking up next to Julianne,so I thought this relationship would last….

Wish them the best….

3. Lilred4 Says:
    March 20th, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I hope Abc, does not have Emily back.. She is a disgrace with her phony smile and cheating , texting ways. Let her stay with NASCAR guys. Seems she is better suited for that.. She should worry more about her daughter and less time on tv.. Don’t waste the viewers time to watch her again..

4. Xaay Kung Says:
    March 21st, 2013 at 9:58 am

Maybe now he will come out of the closet. His religion probably will make that an impossibility. What a bunch of phonies. Remember Lance Bass and his Girlfriend woes before he came out. Be gay and proud of it folks.

5. Marion Says:
    March 21st, 2013 at 11:34 am

Common!!! Julianne deserves much better!!!! wish her great Love and career!!!

6. mea Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 9:07 am

Yes, so glad they split up. She should go w/someone close to her age. She’s full of energy, very athletic, full of life, still trying to accomplish her dreams while his more settled n married to his jobs. I think she mentions about love to dance because thats where she feels free, able to express her inner being.

7. Pat Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I wondered how long this “relationship” would last? Ryan Seacrest must be Gay! To let this beautiful ,smart , woman get away? What else is there? Ryan, if you need to talk? Call me!

8. sara Says:
    March 24th, 2013 at 10:54 am

Sorry, but I can’t spend my time being sad over another celebrity break up when America is going down the tubes and we still don’t have the truth about BENGHAZI

9. Jeanne Says:
    March 27th, 2013 at 10:10 am

I was amazed when he started with Julianne cause I always felt that he is gay. I think he is and does NOT want to admit it. He shouldn’t be ashamed of who he is. You can just tell that he is & he should admit it. Feel sorry for him to not own up to it.

10. rhonda Says:
    March 30th, 2013 at 10:12 am

Im surprised they lasted as long as they did. I feel Seacrest is afraid of commitment and may be very gay. She probaby sensed that too.

11. FF Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 8:39 am

Who cares?

12. wanda Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 4:42 am

I knew this would happen because Ryan waited and waited and never popped the oh so important question. They were in love,…and its not everyday that a and of Ryans age,..has a beautiful young woman that is talented, beautiful, and loves him,..no doubt. I honestly think she gave up on him ever asking her to marry him. I knew it,..I knew it. I don’t blame Juel;s at all. She has her lifetime ahead of her,..but Ryan is not getting any younger. I think he just lost the most precious woman he could have ever had, because of his waiting game.

13. wanda Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 4:46 am

Im gonna jump in here and defend Ryan just the way I did Juels’s. Why is that just just because A handsome guy with a type of “baby face” that keeps them young looking for many many years,..some people have to assume that person is gay. To the ones that think he is,…have you personally seen any evidence of it?? has he told you?? Has his friends told you??? I didn’t think so. I really wish people would just shut up about things they know nothing about!

14. Stephen Says:
    April 8th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Oh, c’mon! We all know Ryan was really with Derek Hough, not Julianne! And now it’s over. Boo hoo. Ryan will find a new beard in no time, I’m sure. And Derek deserves better.

15. Carol moorby Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

She is beautiful, talented, young, bright! He’s too old..She is looking for a father figure it seems as the news media has said she is interested in Tom Cruz. I hope she isn’t. Being a Morman and connecting with a cult like Scientology is highly dangerous! I,Dont think her parents or her brother will go,Lang with that! I am praying for her to have wisdom and common sense concerning dating.

16. michele R j Says:
    April 16th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Yup sad for Julianne but she is much better than only being *Arm candy* to Ryan . I am sure she can get ant guy that she wants ,, She is beautiful .. smart and talented. She will do wonderful whatever she chooses to do. And her brother Derrick is Pretty darn hot himself. Enjoy what the world offers you guys .

17. Teresa Says:
    April 16th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Just bc Ryan want get married doesn’t mean he gay! There so many divorces and u never know who out for his money. Also Ryan older than her but he looks good 4 his age.. Such as me, I’m 46 but I look younger. I would passed for 32. a woman would rather hook up with a handsome older guy than a younger ugly man…PPL just like gossip.. They need to clean out from under their door first.

18. Mae Eddie Says:
    April 19th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Yes, I was very sad that Ryan & Julianne broke up, because they made such a great couple, but having said that, Ryan is a workaholic & hardly ever sleeps I hear, Phone going off all night!…..Must be difficult for someone living with him. I do hope Julianne does not settle for Tom Cruise….Not good! Please Julianne don’t consider that!
    Just hope that things settle down & both J. & R. get back together. Good luck to you both!!
    Julianne, UR a fantastic Dancer…Enjoy!!

19. PATRICIA RAPP Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 3:53 pm

LOVE ALL THREE.I HOPE BROTHER AND SISTER DANCE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Betty Covil Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I THINK THERE IS MORE TO THE BREAK UP THAN IS BEING TOLD. RYAN WAS ALWAYS SHOWING AND SAYING HOW MUCH HE LOVED HER AND WAKING UP TO HER EVERY MORNING MADE HIS DAY. SOOOO WHAT HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY WERE THE PERFECY COUPLE I THOUGHT BUT WHEN YOU GET TO BE IN THE LIMELIGHT TOO MUCH YOU LOOSE WHAT YOU Hd. Movies etc she ws making big on. I also saw her out one nite making unkind remarks. sad sas sad

21. Dana Hamilton says Says:
    May 18th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Julianne can do so much better, He is to old and a little stuck on his self. He may be very well off but his suits all look to small on him. She is one beautiful lady and I believe she can find a real hunk that can only compliment her

22. lisa keiser Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 4:50 pm

why is everyone assuming that this was a hard break up on Julianne? maybe she wanted the breakup maybe she was isn’t a nice person and was using him for what he could do for her career? they both seem like nice people on tv but we don’t know either of them so how can we sit here and have opinions on their breakup…maybe she cheated on him..maybe he is a drunk…maybe one of them just snored too loud for the other one…they broke up it is too bad but really are you all honestly “sad” about it lol kind of funny.

23. JANET Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 11:01 am

Maybe it’s diversionary and perhaps they’re planning a wedding. John Kennedy Jr and his wife “broke up,” and the next thing you know, they were married.

24. dee Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I REALLY THINK HE IS GAY. I THINK HE IS AFRAID TO COME OUT BECAUSE IT MAY HURT HIM. SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND FOR A MAN NOT TO WANT TO BE WITH HER SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM. IT SEEMS LIKE ALL THE WOMEN AND I DONT THINK THERE WERE TO MANY , WELL IT NEVER LASTED LONG, I THINK THIS IS THE LONGEST AS WHAT I HAVE READ ABOUT HIM. SHE IS TOOOOO GOOOD AND TO BEAUTIFUL FOR HIM ANYWAY, ITS A BLESSING SHE ISNT WITH HIM ANYMORE, SHE CAN DO 100 TIMES BETTER THEN HIM ANYWAY.

25. Dwight Clark Says:
    July 27th, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Frankly, myself, I’m glad they’ve split up. Sure It was good for awhile, but, some good things must come to an end.

I’d like to suggest, that Julianne, find someone, that is not In the entertainment business, bcoz, it always cozez probs between the the couple. The outta town trips either within the states, or outta the country, the interviews on talk shows, the photo shoots, AND, FINALLY, HIS/HER NAME @ the Chinese theatre, In holly wood, where he/she has to sign it, ect.

Yes, that’s part of their job, but, Good Grief!
    Give’em a break! A vacation of sorts, let’em go and see their family!

Me? I’m just a simple guy, a radio communications technician/specialist, that works on CB radios, VHF/VHF MURS/UHF/FRS/GMRS radios, sells them, installs them, ect., not affiliated w/the entertainment business, w/the exception of hav’n the bad habit of try’n to re-write singer’s songs, “WHICH, I HAVE DONE.” All I need to do is get the artists to view what I’ve re-written, to see if he/she/they like that way as well, plus, gett’n their permission to re-write, re-record, re-produce the music(actually lyrics) that I’ve
    re-written.