Wife Swap Recap: Party Versus Poultry

March 21, 2013 06:10 PM by Megan Thompson

Wife Swap is all new tonight on ABC.  There are no more celebrities, just every day whackos normal people willing to switch households for two weeks.  This week, a Vegas party mom has a rough time adjusting to life on the farm.  You don’t want to miss “Big Juicy’s'” reaction when she learns she will have to live on a farm.

We get to meet “Big Juicy” – yes, she really calls herself that.  Her actual name is Marissa, but her Vegas party name is Big Juicy.  This mom likes to party and be pampered.  Marissa has one son, Jake, who she spoils rotten.  Besides her husband, Marissa also have a live-in gay BFF who also doubles as the manny.

Of course the other mom, Angela, is the polar opposite of Big Juicy.  Picture singing Christians, working on a farm – with no electricity! Scary isn’t it?  The family of eight once lived in a huge house, but gave it all up because God called them to take care of this farm.  “We don’t have a ton of fun, but there is a restaurant we like to go to for chips and cheese,” Angela tells the cameras.

The moms pack their bags and head off to their new households for the next two weeks.  Angela is frightened when she arrives in Sin City and clutches her Bible tightly in her hands.  But there are actual screams from Big Juicy when she pulls up to a farm! “I don’t feel like this is real, I think this is a movie,” Big Juicy says in disbelief.

Next up the moms read the manuals/rules for their new houses.  Angela has no clue what a manny is and Marissa is struggling with killing and eating animals.  Marissa is first to meet the family and the Dad is a little, let’s say shocked at her appearance  – referring to her giant boobs that are hanging out of her shirt. Angela is a little taken back by the manny, Princess.

After hours of cooking, the family in Michigan finally sits down for a home-cooked meal.  The six kids are actually “disgusted” by Marissa’s gay manny.  Marissa is shocked by the kids reaction and tries to explain that being gay isn’t a choice.  Speaking of Princess, he is currently trying to loosen Angela up by taking her out to a club.  The Christian mother orders a coffee and ends up leaving the bar because she is so stressed out by everyone’s behavior.

The next day, Big Juicy is in tears because she is using an axe to cut the head off a chicken.  There is an endless list of chores on the farm and Marissa feels like she is in hell.  Back in Vegas, Princess has to drag Angela out for dinner with another friend.  Angela doesn’t understand why Marissa chooses to spend more time with her manny than her husband or son.

Its rule change time!  Marissa shows up with a lamp and plugs it in; she has turned on the electricity.  It’s all about TVs, video games and make-overs for the Michigan family.  While Angela has agreed to let Princess stay in the household, Walter must step up as a parent to Jake.  The first family outing for Walter and Jake is a petting zoo.  “It’s humiliating,” is how Angela describes Jake’s behavior in public. It’s make-over day for the girls on the farm  “I want to treat them and say yes you can have whatever you want,” Marissa tells the girls. When the youngest daughter cries because she can’t get everything she wants, Big Juicy realizes she doesn’t want to spoil the kids.

It’s time to reunite the wives with their husbands. The two couples sit down to discuss their experiences.  Big Juicy admits she saw Angela’s kids as slaves.  “Can I ask you why you dress the way you do?” Angela rudely asks Marissa.  Then the topic turns to Princess and Big Juicy gets heated defending her manny.  “You’re a horrible Christian!” Marissa yells at Angela.  But Angela and Matt don’t want to make peace, even after Marissa says she fell in love with their kids.

Weeks later we learn that Princess has moved out of Big Juicy’s house and Angela lets the kids play video games for ten minutes a day.

What did you think about tonight’s extreme wife swap?  Are you on Team Juicy or Team Christian?  Let us know what you think, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Wife Swap. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Wife Swap |

18 Responses to “Wife Swap Recap: Party Versus Poultry”

1. Kassey Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 7:43 am

Love Big Juicy!!! She was amazing and so patient to actually stick to their rules and do all the stuff she normally would never do!

2. Jessica Stoneking Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 7:51 am

Team Juicy no doubt. The show was amazing. I don’t watch much tv, but if there were more entertaining people on like Marissa I’d watch everyday. The other lady sucked. Big Juicy is hilarious and lives her every day life that way. She needs her own reality show. Neverrrr a dull moment with her!

3. Jina Williams Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 7:55 am

I loved watching this episode of Wife Swap. I think that “Big Juicy” though obviously not comfortable with where she was being placed, did well with jumping in and trying everything that was asked of her.
    I think the lack of open mindedness from Matt and Angela gives us Christians a bad name. You can disagree with someone else’s choices without having to be judgmental or rude about it.
    In the end even Marissa tried to make amends when she said she fell in love with their family and was taking something away from the experience. If the other family could see through their fear and judgments I think they would have been able to get something from it as well…

4. Heather Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 8:01 am

This was a great example of how so called Christians have hate and intolerance, unlike Jesus who accepted everyone. Marissa has a lavish lifestyle, but is a caring, dynamic person. I would love to see more of Big Juicy on tv.

5. Robby P Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 8:43 am

I am extremely critical of these tyoe shows. Ive never enjoyed Wife Swap over the years, but this episode last night was incredible TV.
    I thought that Angelas behavior was disgusting, from start to finish.
    This “Big Juicy” was hilarious from the start. I actually found myself laughing at the tv.
    I do believe that Angela was very jealous of this woman, and being a phoney to the manny.
    I thought the daughter was clueless, and Big Juicys scenes were either very funny or very sad. It brought a tear to my eye when she was with the baby at the end.
    The confrontation at the end was the most uncomfortable thing Ive ever seen. Party Mom killed the other with kindness when the Christian woman spewed venom unnecessarily.
    I wonder how this Christian woman will be percieved in her community now. Its unfortunate that there are people with this mentality out there. Ill pray for the Christian Mom.
    I really hope the party mom will be on tv again. What a woman!

6. Dineen Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 8:43 am

I would watch anything Marissa is in

7. Holly Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 9:28 am

Team Juicy all the way!!! Marissa is awesome! She was judged unfairly by the “Christians”…and I think Princess is a good role model for little Jake…he will grow up to respect people for who they are inside, not for their sexual preference! If we teach our children to shun someone (like Angela has taught her children) who is different than they are, they will grow up with hate in their hearts….Marissa and Walter are doing a great job raising Jake, and I bet his behavior was due mostly to a strange woman in his home treating Princess like an alien…nobody in the world is perfect and Angela and her husband have a LOT to learn about humanity!

8. jb44 Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 9:31 am

I watched this last night. At first, I was sure the Christian family was going to be the “good” family and Las Vegas would be the “evil” family. To my surprise, it was much more realistic with problems in both families. I thought Big Juicy was much more Christian like than the actual Christian mom. The Las Vegas family came off as caring and compassionate. The Christian family loved each other, but they were very close minded and had no compassion for others. Very eye opening.

9. Cheresa Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 10:21 am

I really liked Marissa and her family, including Princess. They showed so much more true integrity than the other “Christian” family. The only claim to Christ I saw was the Bible that was constantly carried, but not necessarily the love for others that we are supposed to display. I’d love to have friends like the Big Juicy household.

10. Lacey Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 11:25 am

Team Big Juicy!

11. Amanda K Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Team big juicy!!!! Marissa is great! She is an awesome mom and wife and everything! That Angela chick needs to loosen up! My gosh! Great episode! Marissa needs her own damn show! Go big juicy!!!

12. Katie Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I loved Big Juicy aka Marissa! The other wife was so called Christian, yet Marissa was the one demonstrating nonjudgmental attitude, kindness, and understanding! I have watched many wife swaps and this was the best! Bring her back again! She was great! And I think the other family was lucky to have encountered someone like her for two weeks!!

13. Sandra L Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 2:56 pm

LOVED Big Juicy!! She is vivacious, big-hearted and compassionate. Despite all the looks, snickers and judgment from the Christian family she never raised her voice, lost her composure or broke down. She attempted to participate in their lifestyle and explained her concern for the children when she tried to introduce a little bit of convenience into the household… or God forbid, FUN. My heart broke when she realized that Princess was probably not being treated nicely and was so worried she wasn’t there to protect him. I really don’t understand those who identify themselves as Christian but have obviously never cracked open the Bible they tote around as their favorite accessory. I dare anyone in that family, especially the parents, to point out ANY example where Christ accused, turned away, persecuted, or judged ANYONE in that Holy Book. Who are they to judge when Jesus chose not to? I don’t know what her faith is, or if she even has one, but if you believe in living by example, Marissa was definitely the Truer Christian. I hope the other family is learning and growing through this experience. Everyone should be lucky to know a person like Marissa.

14. Donna Z Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I love big juicy!!! She was a riot, and so much fun to watch! She seems so warm and loving. She came off much more Christian than the “Christian” woman did! She has style and class. I agree with the other posts – she needs her own tv show!

15. Mapleacre Says:
    March 22nd, 2013 at 8:39 pm

How did the farm family find out about the show if the don’t use electricity or have a TV? Why did Mr. Princess move out?

16. Mel G Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

“Big Juicy” had issues. Once Marissa saw the light of Christ within Angela’s children, she realized that was the kind of strength and godliness she wanted in her own son. That is why Marissa kicked out Princess, as she needed to rear her child as a real parent.

My heart went out to Princess more than anyone else. By far, he had the biggest heart of any character in this episode. He was willing to bear the burden of Marissa’s lack of parental responsibility towards Jake, while also catering to her inability to communicate with her husband. He filled a niche for this family, a go-between if you will. Now, the role he filled for 6 years has been taken from him. Because of his lifestyle, he could not obtain this type of real affection from any other type of relationship. I have had many family members who were in the gay lifestyle for years. It is heartbreaking to see the number of hurt people who have been victimized into this type of relationship. I thank God that many of my family have been healed by understanding God’s love for us through the blood of our savior, Jesus Christ. I pray for everyone still trapped in that situation.

As for Angela, I am almost as disgusted with her behavior as others on this site. I don’t know if it was just the editing, but she came across as prideful and judgmental. Everything good she accomplished with Christ’s help in raising her family was negated by the harsh manner in which she dealt with the other family, especially Angela near the end. She did have to be firm with Jake, but she could have been a much better witness for Christ. But then, all us Christians are works in progress for His kingdom.

17. Mel G Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I have heard rumors that Princess may have been kicked out because of suspicions that he had sexually molested Jake.

18. Lauren Says: