American Idol’s Kris Allen And Wife Expecting A Baby Boy

March 23, 2013 11:00 AM by Lisa Princ

It looks like it’s another boy for another season eight American Idol alum! Earlier this year, we learned that Danny Gokey‘s wife gave birth to a baby boy, and now it’s Kris Allen’s turn! The season 8 winner revealed recently that he and his wife are also expecting a blue bundle of joy!

Past American Idol winner, Kris Allen announced back in January that he and his wife, Katy were expected a baby after he also announced that the couple were in a head-on collision. At the time, Allen assured fans that his wife and baby were unharmed, but did not mention how far along Katy was. Now, Allen revealed that the baby is due this summer (July), and also told Hollywire recently: “I am really excited. I’ve always wanted to be a dad. We just found out…it’s going to be a boy. My wife already started buying him clothes like me.”

Kris Allen, who told fans that he had broken his arm in the crash back in January, went on to reveal that he is slowly getting better. As for his future with his guitar, Allen explained: “I’m not quite playing [guitar] yet, but I’m getting there. It’s so frustrating, but it’s okay. I’ve actually started picking it up and messing around with it a little bit,” but then hinted that he has something secret in the works. Hmm, what could it be?

A huge congratulations goes out to Kris Allen and his wife Katy! What do you think of the news that they are expecting? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Kris Allen |

10 Responses to “American Idol’s Kris Allen And Wife Expecting A Baby Boy”

1. Amanda Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 am

So cute! A little baby Kris!

2. scp Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 am

Love it! He’s going to be great father, and that is going to be one cute baby!

3. Sunny Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 11:39 am

Aw, so happy for them, Kris and Katy will be great parents!

4. TwigLA Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I’m thrilled they’re having a little boy. They’ll be great parents. Having seen the World Vision videos from when Kris was in Kenya this past December, Kris is a natural with kids.

I’m also excited about the secret projects. Can’t wait to hear what they are. Oh, and I’m ready for new music too!

5. SG Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Omg, he is o adorable! I just love him & look forward for a mini Kris! I imagine that boy will be the cutest thing ever!

6. j9dh Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 2:16 pm

So excited and happy for Kris & Katy! I am sure they will be amazing parents, and baby Allen will provide lots of inspiration for his songwriter daddy. Best wishes to Kris and Katy! Love this couple!

7. Kate Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Can’t wait to hear what other projects Kris has in store. He’s my favorite Idol winner (or other contestant) ever. Katy and Kris’ baby is going to be so cute!

8. JB Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Congratulations to Kris and Katy. That is going to be one adorable baby,

9. MK204 Says:
    March 23rd, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Congrats to Kris and Katy and also Zorro Allen. That baby will be gorgeous. Thanks for the article on Kris. He’s one of the best. He’s a major talent. Looking forward to baby and new CD and second leg of Out Alive Tour (hope he brings it west).

10. SE Says: