The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Recap: It’s My Party And I’ll Fight If I Want To

March 31, 2013 06:26 PM by Megan Thompson

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta season finale airs tonight on Bravo. And who likes a themed costume party more than a Bravo housewife? Nobody! Tonight Kenya is hosting her first Atlanta party and she wants it to be huge!

Ms. Kenya arrives to her meeting looking fabulous in an all-white pantsuit.  “Being new to Atlanta I need it to be big,” she tells her dream team of party planners.  Kenya is planning a huge party honoring iconic black women in films.  There is no doubt in Kenya’s mind that her party will be fabulous and no, Walter is not on the invite list.

Now that the booty video is behind her (get it?),  Phaedra is on to her next business venture – a girly stun gun. Introducing Phaedra Sparks stun guns; it’s pink, petite and just for the ladies.  Phaedra drags Kandi to a self-defense class and shows her how to us the stun gun.  “Hers is the gift of pain, where mine is the gift of pleasure,” Kandi explains the difference between her and Phaedra’s products.

Porsha is back in the therapist’s office, but this time she has Kordell with her.  You can tell Kordell has absolutely no desire to be there or to hear what the therapist has to say.  “That’s traditional,” Kordell says about the roles he wants his wife to play in the house.  Porsha wants a baby and a career – but Kordell isn’t agreeing.  We might not know how the therapy session ends, but we know how this relationship ends!

It’s one hour before Kenya’s’ big party and she is stressing over the details. She has worked so hard on this party and doesn’t want to see it fail! “Today is like my wedding day,” Kenya tells the cameras. That’s kind of sad! As Kenya is stressing, the rest of the ladies are getting dressed for Kenya’ s big event.   Remember all the girls were assigned to dress as characters from black iconic films.

While everyone else is glamming up, Porsha is putting on a gold tooth and trashy wig. ”I’m going to participate and go with it,” Porsha tells her friends.  The friends are worried that Kenya is setting Porsha up to look foolish.  Kenya chose for Porsha to dress up as Haley Berry from the movie B.A.P.S.

“I feel so stupid,” Kandi tells the cameras about showing up to the party dressed as Tina Turner.  The party is in full swing and it’s time to introduce the host – Kenya Moore – as Foxy Brown. Kenya comes down the steps sporting a huge afro, a red tight pantsuit and swinging a gun. All is going well at the party until Porsha shows up as Dorothy Dandridge, not her assigned character.  Porsha lost the cheap wig, gold tooth and traded it for a sparkly gold dress and nice curls.  “This is not who I asked you to come as,” Kenya scolds Porsha. Now Kenya is scrambling with her party planners to cancel the B.A.P.S. portion of the “script.”  Porsha insists that Kenya was trying to insult her, but Kenya isn’t having it.  “Please escort her out,” Kenya tells the security.  “She can be who she wants to be where she wants to be,” Kenya says as she is booting them out the door. The other ladies are appalled by Kenya’s actions so Cynthia and Kandi also walk out! “F*%k her and F%*k her party,” Peter says as he is leaving.  The whole group and Kenya have now moved the fight to the parking lot.  “I apologize and I would like everyone to come in and enjoy themselves,” Kenya finally tells the girls.  Kenya walks back into the party and leaves the group outside to decide if they will come back in.  And just in time, NeNe shows up looking great in her Grace Jones costume.  “I’m going to take it for the team,” Porsha tells the group as they walk back in.

As soon as NeNe walks into the party she immediately grabs Kenya to talk to her about the situation.  “We’re supposed to be one,” NeNe yells at Kenya. Just so Kenya can keep the peace and enjoy her party, she finally apologizes to Porsha. Finally the show can go on.  As each lady steps onto the stage, Bravo gives us an update on the ladies lives.  Ms. Porsha’s life isn’t so perfect, because Kordell filed for divorce. Phaedra is pregnant with her second boy and is working on a pregnancy work-out video.  The Bailey Agency is still going strong for Cynthia and NeNe finally got her 15 carat engagement ring from Gregg. As for Kenya, she is dating an African oil tycoon and swears her booty video is outselling Phaedra’s.

So what did you think of this season of The Real Housewives Of Atlanta?  Do you want to see Kenya back next season?  Let us know what you think, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

18 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Recap: It’s My Party And I’ll Fight If I Want To”

1. Gabby Says:
    March 31st, 2013 at 7:59 pm

If Kenya is back next season, I won’t be watching. The girl is C-R-A-Z-Y…with a capital C…Just looking at her and you can tell she is. Sorry but anyone that is such a “B’ needs no attention at all….

2. Flinda Rayson Says:
    March 31st, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Hell no I hate Kenya

3. Annette DePriest Says:
    March 31st, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I can’t stand Kenya, she is a big cry baby. The first time she I saw her I didn’t like her. The rest of the ladies are wonderful.

4. haitoldu Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 5:56 am

Kordel only wanted Porsha as long as he could control her. She embarrassed him by speaking up and doing that thing manipulative women do; marry first ask questions later. I don’t think Kenya was trying to degrade Porsha, she shouldn’t have listened to her beautician friends and should have followed her own beliefs. I’m thinking Kenya may have been trying to prove a point which could have started a good friendship, but Porsha is spiteful, hateful, and begrudging–because 19yr old mentalities are like that. They could have been good friends-Porsha is clearly in need of a mentor and Kandi and Phakedra are clearly not mentor material unless she wants to sing or likes dropping money onto other women’s crotches. I believe Apollo has been calling Kenya-and Peter should have been cut to the quick; why is he in a girls’ argument anyway? Was he defending his ‘man’ Apollo? please. Get real.
    O, Kandi, what makes a good lawyer…you know how those jokes end. And why is she always talking about her butt? Nobody cares about your butt Phakedra–that issue is like assholes and everybody has one of those too. Everybody has their own throne and nobody, I repeat, nobody cares. You have so many opportunities to do something helpful and you come out with the donkey and a stun gun…really? O, and Your girl comes out with sex toys and a gospel song…who’s god is she singing to? She’s making dildos for her god. You women show how truly benighted you are. Seriously, you need to have a real talk with God, He still loves you.

5. jackie Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 7:13 am

I like Porsha very much and hope she is staying strong after her husband filed for divorce. Bring her back, she’s adorable. As for Kenya, she’s a bully with a big mouth. I don’t think she brings anything to the show other than being mean. Please let her go. Love Kandi and Phaedra, think Cynthia is drop dead gorgeous and NeNe is growing on me. It’s been nice without Kim’s big mouth on the show.

6. Rose Venetittelli Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 10:58 am

I agree with Jackie. Kenya won’t be missed if she doesn’t come back. And the show is much better withou Kim!

7. Riann Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:05 am

Hell no, I do not want to see Kenya back, she seriously need medical attention for her behavior.

8. Tatiana Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I would love to see Kenya exit stage left!!! She attempts to represent herself as a classy, upscale woman; however, all she proves is how classless and cady she really is. She seems in desperate need for attention when no one seems to acknowledge her with any significants. If I hear her ask for one more twirl and going to earl!! She’s drama and I know that’s what the show desires; but keep in mind, she’s the kind of drama that makes you want to tune out, not in.

9. Sweet Treat Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 10:19 am

Do not bring Kenya back. She is a psycho! She is very self-centered, thinks a lot of herself and is just plain ugly! What color is her skin? Sometimes she looks real black and sometimes she looks lighter. She starts mess all the time. I think she was trying to degrade Porsha, who I think is fabulous.

10. Regina Says:
    April 6th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Kenya is a stupid bitch no class. Don’t bring her back ever again . Keep porsha she is beautiful

11. Regina Says:
    April 6th, 2013 at 7:32 pm

That long speech of comments above was Kenya’s fucked up family who wrote about everybody on the show the bitch is old and needs better skin no more silicon in the Tatars or ass

12. Regina Says:
    April 6th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I won’t watch if she comes back nor will my friends.

13. Regina Says:
    April 6th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Number four is hating because kandi got it going on .apollo don’t want her .and Walter is sorry he meet the hoe .i will sleep with him and he will take the offer. But not with Kenya cause the bitch is dried up

14. Lyn Says:
    April 6th, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Why is Kendra on the show is she a housewife, if so I see why no man stay with her. She is so CRAZY. She has no classic about herself. She is a dumb, and stupid. Please do not bring her back next season.

15. Arlene Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am

Please do not bring Kenya back.
    Porsha is valuable to the show. She will do well without Kordell there. It will be fun to see how well she will do without him and his controlling ways. He is afraid she will become strong and independent. A man like him cannot live with that.

16. gloria Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I don’t like kendra. She let her quote”fame”of being a 20 year old miss USA go to her head. How she got that title I just don’t understand.But she is self centered,jealous and selfish.And the she tried to make a man marry her. I think he saw the real Kendra and decided NO WAY

17. Katie Mitchell Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:51 pm

OMG….Kenya is such a crazy black bitch…Get a clue you ugly “know it all”…unbelievable!! Such a clown!

18. gramalinda Says:
    April 13th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Please DO NOT bring Kenya back. We are all so sick and tired of her patting herself on the back. She DOES NOT look anything like beautiful Beyonce Everyone is sick of her ALWAYS re referring to her being Miss USA(JESUS I hope that I got that right) that was like 19 or 20 FREAKEN years ago. Give UR reign a rest we are so tired of hearing about it. UR twirl is so lame cause you are not “Gone with the Wind fabulous” so don’t defame that classic movie. Hey Kenya remember Walter is in no way shape or form stalking you. You have so many is issue’s I can’t understand why anyone would want or consider dating you

Comments