Nicki Minaj On American Idol – Will She Return Next Season?

April 01, 2013 11:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Nicki Minaj seems to continue sinking on American Idol, with her tardiness, rudeness, and drama dragging the once popular show down with her. After her recent Twitter rant about Devin Velez, fans are speculating about whether or not she will return next season, and there seems to be conflicting rumors.

With all the drama surrounding Nicki Minaj, topped with American Idol’s declining ratings, we can’t help but wonder whether or not Minaj will be returning to the show next season.

According to Perez Hilton, a show insider said: “The chances of Nicki returning to the show next season are slim to none, she is such a major headache with her behavior and it’s really taxing on many people with the crew. So her behavior is wearing thin on many people this season.”

However, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe contradicted that “source” when he was recently asked by TMZ if Nicki would be asked to come back next season, and he said he would definitely ask her back. Um, seriously Nigel, have you WATCHED her at all this season?

Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj recently spoke out about her gig on Idol, admitting that it’s been a dream for her, but she also came off a bit cocky to the press. “I don’t have a worst Idol moment…I’ve been spectacular. Yes, I am going to toot my own horn,” Minaj said during a media call last week. Yeah, we can think of many of your “worst” moments, Nicki.

What do you think about Nicki Minaj’s behavior on American Idol? Do you agree with her lack of professionalism? Should she return next season? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

41 Responses to “Nicki Minaj On American Idol – Will She Return Next Season?”

1. Mdv Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:14 am

Please do not come back next season, if there is a next season, thanks for sinking the show with your disrespectful behavior…

2. Luann Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:23 am

I have been watching Idol since day one. The first day of this season with Nikki I turned my TV off. I love Randy, Keith, Simon, Paula, J LO, Steven. Also I don’t think Mariah has a good enough personality to be on a show like this. But Nikki just is not good for this show or any shows at all. I said the ratings will fall with that one on the show. I miss my old Idol. Now I watch The Voice and love it.

3. Harold Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:31 am

as fine as that chick is , she better come back

4. Harold Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:32 am

she is so fine and beautiful, it would be a mistake if she doesn’t come back.

5. Jane Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:38 am

PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT let her return next season.
    She is just sooooooooo rude, and not in a good way like Simon Cowell, but obnoxious & rude. I’ve turned it off because of just HER a couple of times this season. PLEASE don’t let her come back. If she does I WON’T be watching any more.
    Jane

6. Jeannie Countiss Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:43 am

Refuse to watch American Idol….has gone so down hill with talent. BUT main reason is Niki Minaj, She is HORRIBLE…difficult to look at and listen to. Get rid of her, AI, if you’re smart. She’s bring your ratings and viewing down fast!!!!!

7. Cathy Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:50 am

I’m not enjoying American Idol this year as much as I have in the past! Nicki Minaj is a joke! Her attire, hair, makeup are not tasteful at all, and her mouth isn’t either! She is rude, obnoxious, thoughtless and needs to speak her mind a bit more softly! Her drama is not becoming of her and makes the show hard to watch. Therefore, I record it, so I can fast forward through Nicki when I do watch it. I cannot believe she has not been fired and replaced yet! Or, just go without a 4th Judge! Compared to the other fine Lady, Mariah! Please let her go! She does not fit! I don’t plan on watching American Idol if it EVEN has another season because with her on there is a disgrace and embarrassing to even watch! My family and others are on the same page as me! That crazy, immature drama queen needs to GO!!!

8. serendipity.1969 Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:52 am

Nicki Minaj is the reason I quit watching this show. She seems to be a very self-centered person who this she’s above anyone else. She carries drama and a serious attitude with her (I know sometimes a little attitude is needed but she’s over the top). She is not professional and seems to have no respect for anyone else other than herself. Just my entitled opion.

9. Karen Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:54 am

At the beginning of the season I thought Nicki was going to be a good judge but now she is definitely not. I think Idol should get rid of her and Mariah. Neither of them say much that makes sense. They just seem to like to hear themselves talk.

10. Ruby Jacob Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:55 am

I think that Nicki Minaj stinks from her own rotten personality. She definitly should be off the show. What happening to “Idol” is that to many of the judges (mostly Minaj) think the program is about themselves. Its not, its for the contestants and the audiences both at home and in the building. Minaj is a loser.

11. Nojoke Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 11:58 am

I love her honesty. People need to kick back. People hate the truth. That’s what wrong with the shows today, everything is scripted.

Nicki keep up the job.

12. Jan Schilling Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:01 pm

No, she shouldn’t be asked back. It seems the AI this season is all about the judges…Minaj in particular…and i tire of hearing her rants and cutesy names for the contestants…”I want to have your baby”…she is rude, unprofessional, and not suited to do this. The other judges are there to judge the talent and do a good job with that. Woe…Simon, we miss you!

13. Peanut Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Minaj is foul-mouthed, low class, low rent, with no talent and absolutely drags down American Idol. I no longer watch the show and love the show the Voice. She’s a absolute train wreck, her whiny voice feels like scratching a chalk board, and can’t believe her nasty/mean to the contestants, like she’s better than them (now that’s a joke). You would think she thinks it’s the Nicki Minaj show. Her behavior, pink or blonde wigs and costumes are repulsive, no wonder Mariah can’t stand her. Pls take her off the show immediately.

14. Michael Gardner Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:07 pm

You would think with all the money she has, she could at least speak english properly. But I guess money can’t buy you everytning?????????

15. Deborah Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:20 pm

After loving every season, I stopped watching this one and will not watch again if she is back.

16. Delilah Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Not just no, but HELL NO.

17. susi Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Worst judge EVER…selfcentered and hateful.She is the one with NO talent…only a a trash talking witch.I stopped watching…..will not watch if she is back next year

18. Anita Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I agree with serendipity, she is th reason why I stopped watching the show. She is rude and self-centered. She thinks she is the best of the best. She has no voice or charisma!

19. tina blasingame Says:
    April 1st, 2013 at 6:33 pm

been watching for last 8 years stopped watching after the 2nd week after hollywood you need to get rid of nicki minaj she is so full of her self it is just disgusting

20. Claire Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 1:55 am

Idol was my favorite show along with DWTS.
    I tried watching this year and I simply cannot stand watching Nikki! Very , very poor choice for a judge! Mariah is ok but needs to show more personality. I just miss the original judges!
    Nikki must not return!! A fan from the beginning!!

21. Milrey Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 6:49 am

I stop watching because people like Minaj turn my stomach. The only way I will watch American Idol again is that she is not on it. If she comes back, I honestly believe American will have their last season in 2013. Bye Nicki

22. steve Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 7:06 am

seems to me idol is very prejudice this year
    got rid of the jews and asians
    i think they only want a women of country or black decent ( no disrespect)

23. mallen Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 10:10 am

Nicki Minaj is racial………she puts white singers down and inspires black singers.Even if the white singer out sings the black singers.I will not continue watching the show but I will keep up with the singers and who wins.American ido is not what it used to be……..

24. Bev Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 11:23 am

Every time she comes on I “MUTE” until she’s finished wagging her crap…Also Mariah needs to cover up her boobies…we all know she has them and could care less. Thank God for Randy and Keith because they are the only thing that keeps me from watching

25. Luan Matzo Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 2:55 pm

She lacks professionalism she’s got to GO! By the way what’s wrong with her eyes they tend to jerk and rolled repeatedly.

26. Eve Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Nicki turns me off EVERY week. I have loved American Idol from the very beginning and I would welcome Simon back just to get rid of Nicki. Her comments, crazy accents, condescending attitude, and foul mouth, are just rude and crude. She always wants to comment on clothes, legs, boobs, etc., and gives her own fashion advice. Who in their right mind would take fashion advice from her? She looks like a freak in drag. I love the show and the opportunity it gives to talented young people, but she REALLY, REALLY needs to GO!!!

27. Michelle Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 9:13 am

PLEASE DO NOT COME BACK…YOU ARE RUDE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL…I LOVED IDOL HOWEVER THIS SEASON IS THE WORSE SEASON EVER… KEEP RANDY AND KEITH…

28. Dawn Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 11:04 am

I believe that Nikki does not need to come back next year. She is so rude and hatefull and she speaks a bunch of mumble!!!!! If you watch American Idol and look at the contestants when she is talking, then you can tell that she is making no sense to them. I think she needs to act a lot more professional then what she is now. She acts like a 3 year old and all of those different voices that she uses is annoying and very babyish.. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE HER ON THE SHOW NEXT YEAR!!!! SHE IS MAKING THE RATINGS GO DOWN AND SHE IS JUST A BAD JUDGE TO HAVE ON THE SHOW!!!!

29. Diane Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

This has got to be the WORST season ever. I can’t stand Nicki, she just doesn’t belong there. Fox needs to get rid of her now,and just keep it to 3 judges. I’m so sick of her whining.

30. gail Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 4:05 am

If Nigel L brings her back it will be because of his own stubbornness. I have seen bosses continue on with a choice they have made just so they don’t have to back down and admit they made a mistake. IDOL is soooo bad this season. They should have quit a few years ago when they were on top of the ratings. The Voice is the show to be watching.

31. Johanna Says:
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

The shows has worn out its welcome. I loved J Lo and Steven Tyler but Nikki is total trailer trash. She chews gum, only smiles when the camera is on her and has a filthy mouth. Her comments are rude and crude and Fox needs to dump her before America totally dumps Idol. This is horrible TV for anyone to be watching and I feel for the singers because the girls are awesome this year. I am sorry they have to put up with her.

32. Stephanie Gray Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:06 am

I didn’t finish watching the show last week and am debating whether to watch tonight – Nikky Minaj is absolutely so irritating with her drawly voice and she cannot leave her wig alone, she is driving the show to a fast END!

33. Neka Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Nikki Minaj is very unprofessional. Considering they are all artist and have been through roads of stardom you would think her comments would be more constructive. She’s rude not only to the contestants but also to Mariah. She thinks she’s a Diva but the ability to buy clothes, hair and makeup don’t make you so. She could take personal lessons from Mariah and still not be on the level that she is on. For that matter many of the contestants she so rudely criticize. How did she get in that position anyway! Urban and Carey are great additions to the panel.

34. LALA Says:
    April 13th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

i was not surprised when i read these comment about niki. Honestly she is not adding any value to the idol. Speaks bad English in a funny accent that makes hear inaudible.

35. Dehlia Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:10 am

This woman was and is not a professional in the business, she is too opinionated and intentionally went out to hurt people. Why they got her is beyond me.

36. Dehlia Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:13 am

I stopped watching as did 11 others I know, while we have a weekly girls night out, this was the show we would get together to watch. With Monague on we all stopped watching and do other things in our time now. She is not at the level of so many others on the show and for the station to choose her was a mistake.

37. Amy Says:
    April 24th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

If Nikki stays AI is over! No doubt about it!! She is the ultimate definition of Trailer Trash!! No Class at all.

38. Dawn Says:
    April 24th, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Oh my i dont know…She is just SOOO BIPOLAR it makes me nutzzz!! I stopped watching Idol because of her and Mariah’s BOOORING–ness…

39. Lucy Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 4:45 am

Get Nicki Minaj off American Idol PLEASE!!!! It use to be a fun show to watch with the family, but this no talent, rude, disrespectful, and no class weirdo got to go. Nicki judges the contestants more on their looks then their talent. I guess she has no idea what real talent is!!! American Idol you are losing viewers and soon everyone will be watching the voice and x-factor instead. Miss Simon, Jennifer, Steven, and Paula!!! This season is the worst ever!!!!!

40. chipper Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

To tell the truth not one of the judges is really very good. Randy and Keith are “ok”. But they all seem to recycle their comments every week and ramble on and on. It used to be each judge gave a quick, somewhat relevant comment. The Voice is 1000 times better with better singers and judges. Too bad Ryan Seacrest is the only professional on AI.

41. Brooke Says:
    May 27th, 2013 at 8:26 am

I love Nicki minaj and honestly think she was honest and straight to the point. She judged the contestants fairly and honestly.

people should just chill and stop hating on her cause like it or hot she is making money.

Comments