April 02, 2013 05:38 AM by Lisa Princ
Shain Gandee, one of the stars of MTV’s popular reality show, Buckwild, recently joined the growing list of celebrity deaths, as the 21-year-old was found dead on Monday after being reported missing when he did not return home from a bar the night before. Now, authorities believe that the Gandee and his passengers died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Details inside!
MTV has lost another star, as Shain Gandee of Buckwild was found dead in his SUV yesterday. The 21-year-old was reported missing when he, along with his uncle David Gandee, did not return home from a bar the night before. The vehicle the men were riding in was located by friends of Gandee, who were scouring local trails for the star on four wheelers. When the SUV was found, both Gandee men, along with close friend Donald Robert Myers, were all dead.
According to insiders, the vehicle was partially submerged in very deep mud, leading police to believe that the men died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Speculation is that the men got stuck in the mud and decided to leave the vehicle running (for heat to keep warm), not realizing that the muffler was buried in the mud. An investigation is currently underway.
MTV has released the following statement following Gandee’s death: “We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Shain Gandee, David Gandee, and Donald Myers during this tragic time!
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about MTV Reality Shows. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality Television.
Photo Credit: MTV