Lamar Odom And Khloe Kardashian Involved In Charity Scam

April 02, 2013 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Problems, problems, and more problems. That’s all life seems to be dishing out to former X Factor co-host, Khloe Kardashian and her husband, Lamar Odom these days. After battling separation rumors recently, they now have more explanations to dish out – about where their charity money has gone!

The troubles just keep piling up for Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian lately. The latest news buzzing the web is that Lamar and Khloe are in involved in a charity scam. How so? Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian run a cancer charity, called Cathy’s Kids, which Lamar started in honor of his late mother who suffered from cancer. The charity, which was started in 2004, supposedly raised over $2 million dollars. Sounds good, so what could be the problem?

The problem is that when ESPN’s Outside The Lines did an investigation on some sports stars and their charities, Odom’s came up questionable. In the investigation, ESPN claims that the charity really existed to finance two elite youth basketball travel teams. ESPN also says that of the $2.2 million raised, $1.3 million went to those teams. In fact, they also report that absolutely zero money from Cathy Kids went to any cancer entity. When Outside The Lines questioned Lamar Odom about the issue, his response was, “It’s my money.”

Rumor also has it that one of the charity’s executives was paid a whopping $72K per year from 2004-2011. Wow, we’re kind of shocked by this news.

What do you think about Lamar and Khloe’s charity scam? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Comment below to share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Keeping Up With The Kardashians News. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links Alot: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: E! Reality TV Shows, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Khloe & Lamar, Khloe Kardashian |

23 Responses to “Lamar Odom And Khloe Kardashian Involved In Charity Scam”

1. Trixie Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 1:01 pm

YOUR MONEY??? you pompous FOOL… a non-profit is meant to assist those for which it was intended when set up. Not some snot-nosed gym rats… and 72K ? salary? can you spell MALFEASANCE? white-collar JAIL? Loss of respect.. folks and from me.. well, to be honest, I have a hard time wirth ANY/ALL the Kardash-Trash and any DRAMA surrounding the attention seekers… you included LAMAR!!!

2. helene Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I think this pair should get CHARGED. They are preying on peoples emotion saying its for Cancer. The rich get richer and the poor pay taxes

3. katrina Says:
    April 2nd, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Because they are celebrities they wont get charged. IF it was an ordinary person we would be slapped with a Huge IRS penalty. It will be interesting to see what happens.

4. Poppi Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 9:13 am

Lamar is a good dude but I don’t think he is intelligent enough to run a charity. His CEO of the charity should ultimately be held responsible and Lamar and Wife should pay out of pocket to an actual well know cancer charity ASAP to show that they have good intentions. PR person, get on that STAT!!

5. Sharla Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 9:23 am

You are assuming this article is correct. I don’t believe either of these two people are hurting for money. I also don’t think either of these two would risk going to jail over misappropriating funds.

It is a shame when people like these two try and do good and then people can just label them questionable. You do realize that they could be forced with an audit of the monies that were collected. Do you really think that two people that have everything going for them would risk that over $2,000,000?

If you think $74,000 a year is a high salary in California, try living on that in California. Go and check what other charity’s heads are making. Go check the Red Cross king pins.

6. Dee Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 9:56 am

your money? tell that to your donorS – I am sure that they would disagree – now you can join the Deon Warwick club- she also stole from her NFP.

7. angie Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 am

assuming this article is correct!!!!

8. Chris Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 11:32 am

I am an auditor and I make 73K a year in D.C. Let’s put it this way, I’m looking for a big time raise with my next job and with my experience and qualifications. The term It’s my money, could be referencing the fact that he is using his own personal money to finance the teams and not the Charities. When did ESPN receive their CPA license to be able to perform Attest Engagements anyway? Such accusations can lead to ESPN and this website being sued for slander. Until I see and external/ internal auditors report, I’ll save my judgement. Although a healthy dose of skepticism is always needed, making false accusations like this is simply shoddy journalism.

9. Chris Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 11:40 am

Why was sensible post removed from the comments. I guess this is one of those sites where you gossip without knowing what your talking about. My bad, I can see I’m not welcomed here.

10. Pat Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Like they say “You can take the kid out of the ghetto but you can’t take the ghetto out of the kid.”
    May this applies to Lamar?
    This seems like a typical story in a long line of stories on the Ktrashians

11. JC Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Sounds like Lamar used this as his own Charity write-off. $2,000,000 of this own money into the charity and out to the kids in street. Also, isn’t the kid who got the 72k salary his buddie from the old days?

so most like Lamar correct. Its his money the question is if the IRS sees this as a proper write off.

12. Mark Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Do you all think that this is the only questionalbe charity? No! 90% of them if not 100% are all running some sort of scam. Yes. all do start out with the right intention but in the end the money and the power win. I stopped giving to charity and instead just pay my good will forward when the opportunity arises. I choose and see the direct impact. If we all did this we would not need all of these charities.
    This is a wealthy person scam to reduce taxes and keep their money.

13. Investigate Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Nothing should be said, but an audit should be done and then let the justice department handle.

14. Christine McDow Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 1:03 pm

No Chris, this is one of those sites where all comments have to be approved before being posted. Thanks!

15. JCuddy Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I guess that Lakers money is running out. LMFAO

16. lin Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 1:55 pm

The truth will come out eventually. Im sure it was not intentional and the money went to some kind of a good cause. Let them explain themselves.

17. jane Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Is Kris Jenner the executive they’re talking about that earned $72,000 a year? Sounds like something they would all be scamming they are all scammers and untalented. I’m glad Simon got rid of her.

18. keith Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 5:21 pm

That’s bull sh:t if that was me ,i’ll be getting a call from the irs talking about taking ever thing from me.I think they both should go to jail and never get out.

19. Austria Giancarlo Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Lamar got tossed under a bus this time by his brides greed I believe. I also believe they should both stop talking ASAP, since neither are damage spin pros.

20. anne davis Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 3:33 am

I really love this pair and wish people would stop bugging them.

21. Theresa Davis Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 7:26 am

ANYTHING the Kartrashian/Jenner clan is involved with is a FAKE!!! You mindless people defending them need to seek professional help!

22. hmm Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Kris (KarTrashian)Jenner OWNS a Church. Churches DON’T pay taxes. They all “Donate” money to this church. SO, in short they donate $$ get it back through Mom, Claim it on Taxes and gets more money. I don’t understand how the Government is NOT involved in this SCAM Church.

23. Juhangingout Says:
    July 11th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Give me a break. Did you see when the Charity was started? 2004! I doubt that Khloe has anything to do with this she didnt even know him then and would have been 20yrs old. Lamar is a business man as well as a basketball player and Im sure he wouldnt use his Mothers name for his own gain. Maybe ESPN should look again because Lamar is worth more than that.
    So leave Khloe out of it and get your story straight before you start pointing fingers. Im sure Mrs. Odom has something to say as well. Idiots

Comments