Nicki Minaj Unsure Things Are Cool On American Idol Panel

April 03, 2013 01:00 PM by Lisa Princ

Nicki Minaj has been angering American Idol fans all season long, and her recent Twitter rant about Devin Velez has left some completely fed up. As the speculation grows as to whether or not the Superbass singer will be back next season, Minaj recently hinted that things may not be going as well as we think they are for her on the panel.

With all the drama surrounding Nicki Minaj lately, it’s no suprise that fans do not want to see her back next season on Idol. Now, in a new interview, Minaj made some comments that have us wondering if everything is good on the panel of judges – remember the drama earlier this season with Mariah Carey?

Speaking to MTV News recently, Minaj was questioned about whether or not things on the panel were cool. “I don’t know. Listen, I just know that I have a lot of self-control on that panel. A lot of self-control,” Minaj replied. Yeah, we’re not so sure what self-control she is referring to, since she seems to have little class on the panel to begin with. Oh wait, perhaps it’s self-control of refraining herself from attacking anyone physically?

“That’s all I can say about it,” Minaj continued, but she definitely said “No,” when asked if things were better. We are so over Nicki Minaj already. Time to give her the boot – do you agree?

What do you think about Nicki Minaj’s behavior on American Idol? Do you agree with her lack of professionalism? Should she return next season? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

19 Responses to “Nicki Minaj Unsure Things Are Cool On American Idol Panel”

1. Ardy Emile Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Um, you guys must be out of your minds. American Idol is dead and is boring as it already is. Nicki Minaj is the best judge Idol has ever had since Simon. She’s smart, funny, entertaining and unpredictable. And she actually cares for the contestants and give them relevant critcs on how to better themselves, their talent, and other factors that might impact the way their career may go. She knows what she’s talking about and she’s not afraid to speak the truth like these other judges who aren’t really doing anything. “Yea dawg best performance of the night” or *Mariah mumbling, taking an eternity to make a point and ends up right where she started*

2. Brazilinny Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I agree with Ardy. Nicki Minaj is actually interesting. I like the fact that she doesn’t just tell them what they want to hear. She gives critique as judges are supposed to do. For you all who feel she has no credibility judging you should save it for somebody who cares. Nobody said two words to Simon Cowell who can not sing at all or even Randy Jackson but Nicki gets all kinds of criticism. Mariah is a great singer but that does not mean that she is a great judge. She is definitely not going to help someone become the next Mariah. I know America wants a good little wholesome show where the justin beiber lookalike always wins but thats so 90s.Nicki is doing great and I like her.

3. Colleen Bicandi Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I think it is past time for Nicki Minaj to leave Idol. Many of her comment to the contestants have nothing to do with their talent and are in appropriate.

4. Colleen Bicandi Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I know, it should be inappropriate.

5. Rita Wilder Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I agree with everything that Ardy Emile stated. Niki Minjai care stop looking at the person and start listening to what she is saying. One thing Idol need to do is stop calling the contestants girls and boys. What is wrong with call young ladies and young guys?

6. Pam Triick Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 3:11 pm

No, I don’t agree with you. Nicki is the most honest judge of all of them. I would love to see her back next year, but get rid of Randy and Mariah. They’re about useless. I’m still on the fence with Keith.

This Idol fan is not completely fed up with her. Devin whined about getting booted off and Nicki set him straight. He was there 1 week too long.

7. Tootsie Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Girl your just as crazy as she is. She is a nut and her music sucks as much as she does….

8. Jan Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I’ve watched Idol since day one, but this season I stopped. The main reason is Nicki Minaj. The voice is like nails on a chalkboard, someone needs to tell her that these contestants have names – USE THEM, America doesn’t care if they’re dating, and we certainly don’t want a discussion on their attire – keep your comments on their singing – this is after all American Idol not Project Runway. Dream Panel – Simon Cowell, Jimmy Levine, Steven Tyler and Keith Urban. These judges need to watch The Voice, those judges keep the focus on the singing.

9. Sammi D Says:
    April 3rd, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Nicki is the best judge this season. After Simon left I didnt watch American Idol but I decided to watch this season because of Nicki Minaj. She is honest, funny, smart, and very talented. People who say that she isnt talented obviously havn’t tried to rap. It’s very difficult to rap, sound good, rhyme, and appeal to people. I seen her twitter rant a few nights ago and thought ‘Right on’ Devin didnt deserve to saty in the competition, Lazero needs to leave, and honestly Curtis is the only guy contestant that should still be on the show. The only reason that Lazaro is still in in because sympathy votes. People blame Nicki for Idols failing season but honestly the show is getting more buzz then it’s had since Simon left. You’ve got millions of Barbz tuning in to watch and It’s made headlines every week (because of Nicki) Also I think Mariah and Keith need to get the boot. They never really say anything constructive. Randy gives more constructive advice than both of them combined.

10. Katherine Willis Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 6:04 am

I am the only one of my friends that is still watching the show because of her.. All she does is stare at Keith and his crouch. I wish Keiths wife would come smack her but she has more class. Put her the other side of Randy. Her baby name remarks makes the contest sisgers feel odd. Whay ask the guys if they are married and they are singing for votes not for what they are wearing.

11. Ariana Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Ahhh…Nicki Minaj. At first I disliked her because I’m a big fan of Mariah and I thought she lacks professionalism when she had that ‘fight’ with Mariah, I mean it doesn’t hurt to agree to disagree but in a courteous way. But after sometime I saw that Nicki is not bad as a judge; she is interesting, funny and caring. I like her now. I don’t think she should leave next season. All I’m hoping for is that she and Mariah be reconciled and act like adults coz I believe they are good people.

12. john s. Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 9:11 pm

this world is in sad shape and we need to get back to being caring and supportive. if we older folks don’t start showing and teaching the younger generation, we are doomed.

american idol is about good voices and singing to prove it. american idol shouldn’t be criticism at this point. it is not about popularity,crying, pouting, and fashion from or about anyone.

some of the previous contestants were told they would never succeed so, come on america, let’s show what americans can be proud of.

13. rosie s. Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

it doesn’t matter what age your are from the comments above. stop and think. do you want to watch a good show with good singers or do you want to spend your time watching cynicism and remarks that are unnecessary. if so, you have too much time on your hands!

as for the judges, why are they being allowed to get out of hand? that’s a shame if it is just about money. even simon wasn’t that cruel.

what’s up with the judging when they sing with each other? what’s up with all the popularity, fashion and crying?

14. john s. Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 9:35 pm

i am a senior citizen who enjoys american idol. but, i would never encourage my offspring to be a part of what american idol has become.

who can honestly say no matter what age one is that they would be a contestant and be happy with the abuse that is given. there is a difference between constructive criticism and being downright rude.

all of these young people deserve love and support.

15. Crissi Berry Says:
    April 4th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I completely agree with everyone who is on board to keep Nicki Minaj! I too have watched Idol since day. This season i continue to listen to Mariah’s useless chatter and Randy say “He’s in it to win it” only so i can be humored by Nicki’s smart, helpfu, yet witty remarks. She’s the only one on Idol who has a brain!!

16. Linda Lord Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 6:38 am

I think that Nikki has some friends posting here for her. LOL Everyone hates that tramp. She is constantly slobbering all over both boys and girls.She is obviously bi but she doesn’t need to let the drool run down her chin when she sees something she likes. Her alter ego Romeo is insane. That woman needs to be put down. Her career is going to slide downhill very soon just like Nicole on xfactor. When America decides to hate you they don’t forget.

17. justme Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 7:22 am

I never knew who Nicki Minaj really was, but was prepared to be annoyed by her – just based on her pink hair and makeup. But boy, I think this woman is the best judge ever. She’s smart, funny, caring, and even more honest than Simon in some ways – heck, she called a trio performance ‘cheesy,’ and called out the producers for presenting her top 3 pick, which she thought was not for public consumption. If they lose Nick, they’ve got a tall order to fill. I love her personality, and I think she’s great. Writing rap as prolifically as she does proves that she’s got a lot of things to say, and that she thinks a lot. Nick is no dummy, and they should keep her.

18. Brenda Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 9:47 am

I think Nicki is disgusting. She looks bad, she sounds bad and her comments are trash. She talks to the singers sexually which is so inappropiate. She needs to grow up and be mature. She belongs in the streets.

19. chuck Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

American Idol,your ratings are down,Get RID of niki she’s a beeotch and can’t even sing

Comments