Ready For Love Recap: The Rocker Wants Love

April 09, 2013 08:07 PM by Megan Thompson

Bill and Giuliana Rancic host the premiere of Ready For Love tonight on NBC.  Will three of the world’s top matchmakers be able to find love for the rocker, Tim Lopez?

Eva Longoria, the executive producer, introduces us to the story behind Ready For Love.  There are three bachelors looking for love; Ernesto, Ben and Tim.  But unlike The Bachelor, there are three matchmakers to help them (and the contestants) along the way - Matt, Amber and Tracy. Think of the show as The Bachelor with a little bit of The Millionaire Matchmaker thrown in.  The women compete for the men and the matchmakers compete to be able to claim they found the guys “the one.”

Giuliana and Bill introduce us to Tim Lopez, the rock star.  He is the lead singer for The Plain White Ts, but he isn’t the typical rock star. This guy doesn’t like hooking up with groupies; he is a family guy who wants to settle down.  Tim married his high school sweetheart, but she found his travelling to be too much for her.  After years of trying to move on, he is finally ready to find the woman he will spend the rest of his life with.

Tonight, Tim will have to blindly narrow down the women that the matchmakers have chosen for him.  He can ask questions, but will not be able to see any of the women.  Amber, the matchmaker, gets to know Tim so that she can hand select the perfect match for him. “I have coached my women to make the best first impression,” Amber tells the cameras.

The first four women that Amber has chosen for Tim take the stage.  From behind a wall, Tim asks the obvious question – why should I choose you?  The ladies pour out their hearts, recite poetry, and even belt out some opera.  Out of the four women, Tim can only choose three.  He chooses Sara, Hailey and Siham to continue on this journey with him.

Matt is the next matchmaker who has four women to present to Tim.  “I know the type of women that Tim has always wanted,” Matt says in his cute British accent.  One girl, Leah, is a person from Tim’s past who admits that she is love with him! “I do love him and I’m ready to tell him,” Leah tells the cameras.  The three girls introduce themselves, but then Leah is the final girl who he hears.  Tim looks shocked to hear that his friend Leah is pouring her heart out to him.  “That was really powerful, I have known Leah for years,” Tim tells Giuliana.  There is no hesitation on Tim’s part, he wants Leah to continue with the competition.

The final matchmaker, Tracy, is ready to give Tim his soul mate.  “I can guarantee that these guys find a wife on my team,” Tracy says with confidence.  The four ladies take the stage to give reasons why they could be the perfect wife for Tim. There are toasts, more poetry and some laughs.  But in the end, Tim chooses three girls and is ready to start his journey.

The show now fast-forwards to all of Tim’s women moving into a huge California mansion – sound familiar? The three matchmakers have a coaching session with their ladies to review dating tips.  The next day the nine women go on their first group date with Tim.  Tim is nervous, because he has never been on a date with nine girls before.  The date involves a private show from The Plain White Ts and the ladies are loving the performance.  What girl doesn’t fantasize about a guy writing a love song for them? After the concert, Tim wants the ladies to help him write the second verse of a song.  The twist is that everyone will then have to sing it – and this freaks some of the girls out.  The girls split up into their matchmaker teams to write the lyrics they will have to perform. Each team hits the recording studio with Tim and they belt out some great lyrics and no one was a really horrible singer! After her team records, Leah (the girl from Tim’s past) steals him away for a little chat.  Too bad the microphone is left on and all the girls could hear their conversation.  Leah pours her heart out to Tim and she wants to know if Tim feels the same way.  “I don’t think anybody has made such a bold move for me before,” Tim lets her know.  Tim might be smitten with her, but all the girls are beyond angry at this point.

After the group date, Tim checks in with the matchmakers. The matchmakers then choose one lady from each of their teams to have a alone time with Tim.  From Amber’s team, Hailey is chosen first.  Tim is excited to spend more time with Hailey, because he loves blondes and girls with a good sense of humor.  Hailey might have gone a bit too far when she mentions that she farted on her previous boyfriend. Next up is Danielle, from Matt’s team. I think she scares him away when she mentions that she has ”a list” of things she wants in a man. Finally, Christina from Tracy’s team has her time with Tim.  She uses her love of music to bond with Tim.  “There is something really sexy about Christina…I feel some intense magnetism towards her,” Tim tells the cameras.

Now the matchmakers and the ladies take the stage so they can have a of a therapy session in front of a live audience. Tracy compliments Christina for using her eyes so well and showing her heart.  Tracy advises her to keep the momentum going.  Next up, Amber mentors Hailey.  “I’m actually watching you sabotage yourself,” Amber scolds her.  Amber cannot believe that Hailey used the word fart on a date! As for Danielle, Matt reams her for mentioning “the list” she has. Duh ladies! Maybe that’s why these girls are still single! Then Leah is singled out for her past relationship with Tim.  “Have you ever been intimate with Tim?” Giuliana asks the question we all want to know. “That’s something personal between Tim and I,” Leah tells the hosts.  I guess that means – yes!

Now it’s time for Tim to join the women on the stage and send someone home.  The matchmakers will choose the bottom girl from each of their teams.  Tim will then have to send one of these three ladies home.  Tracy chooses Sarah, because she wasn’t in the moment.  Leah isn’t surprised when Matt selects her to be in the bottom.  Finally, Amber nominates Hailey because of her fart comment.  Right away, Tim saves Hailey.  I guess Tim doesn’t mind talking about farts.  The two girls and Tim are sent to a separate room to talk about why they should stay.  “I have kept you in that friendzone..” Tim tells Leah.  Tim is struggling to make a decision, but finally sends Leah home. ”We have been friends for so long, I don’t think we could be anything but friends,” Tim tells her.  Leah is obviously crushed by Tim’s decision, but she got the answer she wanted.

What did you think of tonight’s Ready For Love Premiere?  Is there too much going on or do you love it?  Let us know what you think, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Ready For Love. For other great reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot:Ready For Love.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, Ready For Love |

10 Responses to “Ready For Love Recap: The Rocker Wants Love”

1. Jennifer Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I thought it was ok. But I am confused. Are they going to go through the entire process with Tim, and then move onto the next guy, and then the next guy or are they going to go back and forth between the three? If they do that it will be VERY confusing! Just thought it is weird that they would announce all 3 guys they are finding people for right away….

2. Mikki Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 10:55 pm

SO glad that he sent Leah packing. He is a cute guy and seems to have a good heart. I hope he finds love. It’s rough in the dating world. And I don’t think I’d be able to do it on TV.

3. Kathie Says:
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I liked the show for the most part. It’s still too early to tell. I’m really hesitant about the matchmakers. The fact that they picked Hailey because she said “fart” was completely off key and they call themselves experts? When Tim laughed after Hailey shared that embarrassing moment, I never got the sense it was a nervous laugh; it was genuine. And bringing Leah into the picture? What where they thinking? Oh, wait. I know: ratings. Still, I don’t think Leah was in it for the right reasons. Her attention (duck lips, playing with her hair) seemed to be more on the cameras than Tim. It felt that the producers were setting up a potential cat fight and if I am seeing that again in the next broadcast, I’m done watching.

4. Samantha Steiner Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 12:11 am

NBC finally has a spring in its step, as “The Voice” returned for its third season two weeks ago, and this time with new coaches, Shakira and Usher, as they begin their search for yet, another ‘Voice,’ following last season’s victory with current reigning, victorious coach Blake Shelton, and his last standing contestant, Cassadee Pope. This season features artists with dark pasts, but indeed, have the brightest of futures, like most. Following ‘The Voice’ this Tuesday, on April 9th, is Ready for Love, a new matchmaking series produced by Desperate Housewives star, Eva Longoria, and hosted by E!’s Giuliana and Bill Rancic, as three real life matchmakers set up three incredibly lucky guys, as they begin their search for love and their mrs. rights. One of the eligible bachelors, is Plain White T’s’ popular crooner frontman, Tim Lopez, a guy who may certainly not have trouble in the women department, as he performs all over the country with his band, but has fully proven and admitted to having difficulty with finding who is right for him. That’s where the matchmakers come in, as they perform a nation wide search for who Lopez considers to be his perfect match. Love is a great journey, as the other two handsome eligible bachelors, Ben Patton and Ernesto Arguello, will receive the same treatment by the highly skilled matchmakers. With the country behind them every step of the way, this process is slated to work almost perfectly, as all three bachelors, are predicted to successfully fall in love with one of their matches. With old flames, and girls chosen specifically by the matchmakers, there are bound to be some great surprises, twists, and turns, as the guys are caught off guard. Current favorite NBC series, Go On, The New Normal, and Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, are also due for a brand new lineup, as they gear up for “The Voice’s” third season return and the premiere of NBC’s newest series and anti-reality show, “Ready for Love.” Take a bow NBC, as viewer ratings are sure to increase and reach a high note, with both comedy and talent flying through the roof. Well done TV executives! Well played! Time to slam it out of the park! Batter up!

5. Greg Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:11 am

It sucked because Leah is better than Sara. Tim is a loser!

6. Jackie Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:12 am

It’s funny that the one guy commenting said Leah should stay lol.. probably because she’s hot. But I agree with another commentor that she was probably there for the air-time. If they were going to be together, they would have been by now.

Jennifer – it’s not the women going back and forth between the guys. Each guy will have 9 women that are his and his alone, and they will only choose from that group.

I enjoyed it. I think Tim is an amazing guy and those are some very very lucky women and you can only hope he finds the right one.

But.. I think it could get long winded and jumpy showing the three different guys all the time. I think viewers won’t really get a chance to connect with anyone on there as each will probably only get a limited amount of airtime. Not sure if I will continue watching.. probably just tune in near the end.

7. DaniV Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 8:57 am

I felt like it was a cross between The Bachelor and America’s Next Top Model. With all the mentoring and such going on, it was just too intense and all over the place.

8. Bree Says:
    April 10th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Nice attempt, but after looking forward to a viable alternative to The Bachelor, this kinda came of short for me as it’s more of the same crap. The mansion… 1×1’s, manufactured drama, and a whole lotta swapping of spit.
    The Leah thing had one singular/transparent purpose – to infuse some drama a la The Bachelor. Am I the only one that couldn’t see anything past those altered lips she kept sucking and that incessant playing with her hair??? Hey Mr. British ‘I know how men think’ Guy! Shouldn’t you have known that someone who was in the friend zone for six years was stayin in the friend zone? And Btw… who can’t figure out that Tim was hitt’n that???
    Hey Tim!!! When Xtina said she “Darker than you” I’m quite certain she was talking about her hue, not her music.
    Skeptical is the word for me right now, but I’m keeping hope alive that this show will be transformational and force others like it to step up their game.
    Hey Ben!!  I’m a bad boy magnet, so the fact that I’m drawn to you doesn’t bode well for your capacity to commit. Got leading man aspirations, do ya? Steer clear of DWTS and Hydroxy Cut, will ya?

9. Honey Says:
    April 11th, 2013 at 9:09 am

I think it was something different then just being at a mansion drinking for 1st night…also better having 12 girls & then down to 9 on same night, rather than 25 girls. I know its not the best TV Show, but was entertaining.

I liked that Tim did have Leah leave…like he said, if they were meant to be, they would have been together by now.

Everyone has their likes & it may not be for everyone, but I liked it & see how it will turn out to be involving all 3 guys.

10. verna delgado Says:
    April 21st, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Well !Ready for Love is Canceled. Tim picked Sara. He say he is in love. good luck

Comments