Kelly Ripa Admits She Doesn’t Talk To Regis Anymore

April 12, 2013 09:00 AM by Donna W. Martin

Earlier this week, Kelly Ripa was honored by the Hollywood Reporter at a party given for the 35 Most Powerful People in Media. But the Next Great Baker guest star shocked everyone when she admitted she had lost touch with her former Live co-host of more than 10 years, Regis Philbin. Keep reading to see what Kelly had to say.

Kelly joined live in early 2001 after replacing former co-host, Kathy Lee Gifford. And from that time, she worked alongside Regis exchanging playful banter until his retirement more than a decade later in 2011. But now more than a year after his retirement, she admits she’s lost touch with her co-star and hasn’t seen him since he left the show.

According to ET Online, when Kelly was asked if she stayed in touch with 81-year-old Regis, she simply replied, “I haven’t seen him, no.” Really? Kelly hasn’t seen or spoken to Regis since he retired? What’s up with that? She spent more than 10 years co-hosting Live with Regis and was even moved to tears when he retired in November 2011 but she doesn’t think enough of him to keep in touch.

Following his retirement, Regis was replaced by Michael Strahan. When asked if there were any similarities between Regis and Strahan, Kelly said they were both incredible storytellers and football players. She even joked that Regis could keep up with Strahan, who by the way is a former NFL player, on the football field. “They are both fiercely competitive,” she said.

What do you think of Kelly losing touch with Regis? Are you shocked they no longer see or speak to each other? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Next Great Baker. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: Next Great Baker, TLC Reality TV Shows |

188 Responses to “Kelly Ripa Admits She Doesn’t Talk To Regis Anymore”

1. Rob Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:11 am

Typical “show Business”. Use people and do everything to get to what you want, then simply forget them and the sins committed in achieving what you crave !

2. pam rapp Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:14 am

I find it sad that Kelly is ignoring Regis,it makes her look she is really self-absorbed, and
    focusing on the new “hip” Michael and forgetting who gave her a start in this business – I am getting to feel resentful, and don’t watch the show as much, because she focuses on herself!

3. Diane Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:15 am

Doesn’t surprise me. Just listen to her one time on the show. It’s all “I” “me” “I” “I”. When she sits in that high chair with those bony bowed legs of hers it makes me laugh. Regis should be happy she doesn’t contact or mention him. He was good, Michael too.

4. zkgranny Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:16 am

I am really surprised that Kelly has not kept in touch with Regis and disappointed in her. After all if it wasn’t for Regis, she wouldn’t have her own show. As close as they seemed to be during their time together I can’t believe they haven’t stay connected…Love Michael….

5. Jo Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:31 am

I don’t keep in touch with any of my former co-workers either. They are busy and have their own lives. I don’t think she needs to “check up” on Regis at all. And don’t forget the old saying that the phone goes both ways. I’m sure if they run into each other they will catch up.

6. Shenna Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:36 am

Why are you guys trying to make a big deal out of this, could it be that they are both so very busy,does he keep in touch with her,or better yet have you asked Kathy if she’s in touch with Regis? get a life and stop trying to mke good people look bad.

7. Nina Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:38 am

It’s totally OK. She is a busy woman, she has three kids, full time job etc.

8. seaprincessinc Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:41 am

I don’t keep in touch with my co-workers that have retired. Why should she? What did they really have in common besides working together?

9. Janet Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:42 am

I think it’s a shame that the two of them can’t find the time once or twice a year to have lunch together or something. I have retired, but I still keep in touch with my coworkers thru facebook. It takes two to want to get together.

10. Matthew C. Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:43 am

She is kind of an idiot. I feel brain cells dying listening to her.

11. john foster Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:44 am

Kelly is getting too big for her britches.The little N.J. girl is a success story but forgets who helped get her there.Her innocence turned into sexual,alcohol and drug suggestion.There must be stronger reasons for Regis leaving the show other than retirement. Regis is great and still has it.Michael is doing a great job and seems like a great kind person but Kelly is losing it. We enjoyed Jamie Pressley more while co-hosting for Kelly.

12. Julie Santos Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:46 am

She’s simply ungrateful. I’ve watched them over the yrs and Noticed she was always insulting Regis, just like Letterman. I’ve never watched her show anymore, and I’m ok with it. Just like “The Talk” when they fired Leah Remini and Holly who were the life of that show. It was all about jealousy on Sharon and Julie’s part. Replacing them with “something” I don’t know “what” or who. Shame on them. I’m ok not watching that show anymore.

13. Ed Plitt Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:48 am

I watched Regis’ farewell show and haven’t turned on that program ever again. I don’t have time to waste watching that brainless twit. The general “dumbing down” of television makes me wonder, if “Talk TV” is a representation of the intellect in America, God help us.

14. Kelliegirl Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:52 am

I think its incredibly rude, in poor taste and lacking in manners for Kelly not to have kept in contact with Regis. It doesn’t bode well for her at all, making her look inconsiderate, thoughtless and self-centered. Unless Kelly and Regis privately couldn’t stand each other, this is a real black mark on Kelly as a professional and as a person.

15. E Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:54 am

Don’t think this is a big deal- there is a big age gap between them and 10 yrs is a long time to work with someone. She probably cares about him but doesn’t miss him that much. He is from a different era and probably was not as much fun to work with as it appeared!

16. Holly Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:56 am

I think Kelly really did not care for Regis, and that she is glad he is gone, so she could become center of the show. I think Kelly likes being center of attention.

17. DebK Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:57 am

Regarding Kelly not speaking to Regis. No big deal. No different then retiring from your old job. Or taking a new job elsewhere. Your workmates and you have something in common while you’re there. Thus the tears when thinking of all things shared. Once you’re gone…what’s new to talk about? The commonality no longer exists. No different when you meet someone you went to school with. So no big deal.

18. Masermn1284 Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:58 am

As a matter of fact, after watching the show daily (Time shifting using VHS tape) for more than 25 years I have not watched it since Regis left, I guess I am just not interested anymore, but I do miss him (When I was 12 I snuck into his backyard in San Diego and went in his pool.) My wife appeared on his show “Sun Up” as a hula dancing troupe in the 60′s (She was 12).

19. Peter Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:59 am

Kelly,
    Was having sex with Regis a mandatory requirement for being on Regis’ show? Is that why you know longer are in contact with him??????

20. P.J. Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 9:59 am

Kelly & Regis obviously were not friends outside of the show, where Regis and Kathie Lee were friends outside of the show. I believe Kelly and Regis respected each other as co-hosts, but that is as far as their relationship went. It’s nice to see Kelly with someone closer to her age and have a real connection with…I much more enjoy Kelly & Michael than Kelly & Regis. It’s all about chemistry & connection!

21. Al Michaels Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:03 am

What’s the big deal? I have plenty of former co-workers who I worked with for over 10 years and no longer keep in touch with them. I don’t find this shocking or surprising at all.

22. crispy critterette Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:04 am

I don’t find it odd at all that Kelly and Regis do not keep in touch. You know, contacting each other is a two way street. Regis is a LOT older than Kelly. They shared a TV show not a life. She is much younger and because of that I don’t believe it should be expected that they remain in contact after the show. She has her life he has his and lord knows with the age factored in their worlds most likely seldom cross.

23. linjaynes Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Who really cares?

24. Diane DeMarco Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:07 am

I’ve had three jobs in my lifetime and, as friendly as I was with my colleagues while I worked at each job, when I left or they left, I lost contact with them. It’s absolutely normal for that to occur.

25. Angelia Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:07 am

I don’t think it’s shocking. He retired and moved on to whatever and she’s got her own life. It happens.

26. Patricia Ell Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:07 am

Who wouldn’t want to keep in touch with such a great guy?? Sounds to me like she really is a
    phony. Cute she is, but someone I admire she is not!

27. gary nebett Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:08 am

No not shocked. She is a gold digger just like the rest. She has no true emotional connections

28. Nina Cullari Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:15 am

Kelly should have “retired” when Regis retired. It was his show. He made her a mega-star and a household name. The producers wouldn’t have been able to hire her to replace Kathy if Regis hadn’t voiced his preference…just as she voiced her preference for Regis’ replacement. Leaving when Regis left would have been the honorable thing to do. That being said, I think it’s shame that her husband didn’t get the gig. Their chemistry, their gentle teasing of each other is especially entertaining. A fantastic duo, I think. They could have a late night show on Bravo and I wouldn’t have to feel bad for Regis. We’re all going to be 80 in time, hopefully. We shouldn’t be sent out to pasture when we’re still vital as Regis is. Kelly, call Regis, please. You’re not a creep but this is kinda creepy & cold.

29. Pato Cazador Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Kelly Ripa’s main concern always was, and is, Kelly Ripa. Watching just one show should clear up any doubts.

30. audrey silverblade Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:25 am

kelly is very respectful of other people’s wishes,so maybe she is respecting Regis ‘ wishes by not contacting him so he can enjoy his retirement and not have to deal with showbiz stories any more.After all there is a huge age gap there.kelly’s family and stage lifves won’t interest an 83 yr old since he already left .

31. Mark Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:25 am

In other words, “I miss Regis and I need him to talk to me”

32. Stella Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:26 am

Why would ANYONE want to talk to Regis if they weren’t getting paid to do so….

33. Carolyn Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:26 am

I don’t see why its such a “problem”; has he tried
    to stay in touch with her? She has a husband and 3 children so I’m sure she’s busy when she’s not working. My family would certainly be first priority!

34. Janice Stricek Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:28 am

They are both busy people. Don’t start gossip.

35. Helen Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:28 am

This is typical of the ungrateful liberal entertainers, they usually don’t give due credit to the ones that pushed them to their success. It is shameful. I will never watch the show again. Never. It’s over, I’m sick of all of them.

36. Viewer Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:33 am

We all loose touch with past co-workers. Stop being so dramatic and shocked. seriously.
    HE could have kept in touch with her too, being in this business for so much longer then her and retiring with her as the last co-host.
    The truth is, we keep a professional and friendly attitude as long as we work together. After that we are not obligated to be in touch. They dont say negative things about each other and I respect that.
    No need to act so shocked Grandma…

37. Kristin Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:36 am

Well, I have to say one thing about this article….It’s Kelly Ripa your talking about. She is not the sharpest knife on the block! She is a bit ditzy for me!

38. Maxine W Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:42 am

I was suprised Kelly has not talked to Regis. He helped her get on LIVE. It would be nice if she would at least call him to see how he is doing.

39. Maxine W Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:45 am

I was suprised to read Kelly Ripa has not spoken to Regis since his retirement. It would be nice if she would at least call to see how he is doing.

40. Emily Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:50 am

No, I don’t think it strange. You know, these days phone work both ways. Regis is not being bad mouthed because he has not stayed in touch with Kelly. Why hasn’t he called her, maybe live on her show just to keep up with what he was doing or where he was going. what’s the big deal here. Just trying to make some news, if so, you are way out of touch.

41. Julian Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:57 am

Maybe Regis doesn’t mind…
    Ripa is one of the most boring people I have ever seen on television.

42. Matt Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Um, speak about being ungrateful and self-centered. she wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. Out of respect she owe him at least a phone call here and there.

43. Angie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:03 am

I think Kelly Ripa is an amazing caring woman, and that whomever wrote this article is taking her words our of context. How depressing, when she is one of the few “down to earth” talk show hosts left in this buisness!

44. Sharon Best Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Seems like she wouldn’t be where she is today if it hadn’t been for Regis……if he hadn’t liked her, I’m sure she wouldn’t have been on the show so long. Are we unappreciative Kelly ???

45. Kim Shoe Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:11 am

Why the question “Why doesn’t Kelly keep up with Regis?” Is it not just as incumbent upon Regis to keep up with Kelly? Some people do not like calling co-workers, ex-coworkers homes; especially if either or both are in a marital relationship.

If Regis wanted to keep in touch with Kelly he could call the show.

Some people just grow apart from one another. How many people still keep up with ‘old’ classmates, ‘old’ military buddies, people from the ‘old’ neighborhood, etc.?

46. fern coto Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:16 am

She is to into her self talks over her co hosts
    she really thinks she is something well she is not very selfish Michael makes the show not her

47. Annie White Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:19 am

I don’t think it’s Kelly who doesn’t keep in touch, I think it is Regis’ choice. I remember long ago, way before he retired, Regis stating that he doesn’t like to associate after hours with his cohost, saying they wouldn’t have anything to talk about on the air. Go figure!

48. kathy c Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:21 am

That makes me sad!!

49. MegaGirl Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:22 am

I feel sorry for her for forgetting a friend that influenced her life so much.

50. Dianna Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Are you kidding me? I don’t believe it for a minute. She was always rubbing all over him and getting right in his face all the time and he was always touching Kelly more than he touched his wife when she was on the show. She is definitely lying. I love Regis but I can’t stand Kelly.

51. marie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:23 am

I cant stand Kelly, She thinks who the hell she is & she act like shes better then everybody. So please find somebody else to replace her, Kelly is not worth for the show. The reason why shes not keeping in touch with Regis because shes happy that Regis is off the show. She is some piece of shit.

52. Krystal Dennison Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:33 am

So what. They both are busy people. Maybe their schedules don’t mesh up. Also, why does the article make it seem as though its all Kelly’s fault for not keeping in touch? The door swings both ways……

53. Susan Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Why are you making something out of nothing. This lady has a husband, children and a job. Where does she get time to keep up multiple relationships? Why hasn’t Regis stayed in touch with her? Oh yes, he is retired and still performing but did not want a daily job and wanted a simpler life? Why would he keep in touch?

54. Mary201 Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:37 am

The question is ….why hasn’t Regis kept in touch with Kelly! what’s his deal? communication is a two way street you know.

55. Steve Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Such a pity. No respect of even a hello? The man put you where you are today! But you can talk ALL day of your husband, Mark???

56. Verbena Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:40 am

Pants on Fire to Reality TV Magazine! And where is the “rip?” Lying for a click. Never again!

57. Barbara Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:41 am

I THINK IT IS TERRIBLE THAT KELLI AND REGIS HAVEN’T SPOKEN SINCE HIS RETIREMENT. SHE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO MAKE THE CONTACT SINCE HE GAVE HER THE BREAK TO DO THE SHOW AND MAKE HERSELF FAMOUS. SINCE Regis LEFT, I WATCHED A WHILE BUT THE SHOW ISN’T ANY GOOD ANYMORE so SO I HAVE LOST INTEREST. KELLY SEEMS TO BE SO SILLY LATELY AS WELL AS Michael.

58. Peter Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:44 am

Why would anyone be surprised by that? Kelly’s ego has become about as big as her eating disorder. Ever since Regis left the show sucks, Kelly has become so annoying that I gave up watching the show. Honestly used to be my favorite morning show when Regis was there, hiring Kelly created an egotistical monster!!!!!

59. Jerri Chalfant Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:46 am

I haven’t watched that show since Regis left.

60. Stuart Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:51 am

You could ask does Regis keep in touch w/ Kelly?
    It takes 2 to communicate.

61. Mary Moore Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:53 am

Hate her, she is a person who has let a little fame go to her head. Regis made the show and without him it’s a wreck.

62. Linda Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 11:57 am

What’s the big deal!! The fact that Kelly has not spoken to Regis doesn’t mean he’s not still in her heart. They will talk again when the time is right. Furthermore, Regis is probably far to busy enjoying the next chapter in his life!!

63. john Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

She is nothing, she will remain nothing. Regis made her the real star!

64. Denise Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

How about… I don’t care! Why is this news???

65. George Chimiklis Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Oh come on, now! Kelly is so fully booked, her schedule is nuts.

Regis didn’t leave happy – he asked for more money, was turned down, so he retired. For awhile, he was everywhere, and now not so much.

They will connect, but Regis needs to make and effort as well.

Get off Kelly’s back and let her live her life.

66. Kari Dee Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Let’s see…the quote is that she hasn’t seen him, but does not say that she has had no contact with him. It’s a bit of a leap to say that there’s been no contact….

67. Pamela Davis Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Not a shock from a competely self-absorbed fool who got a break and took it. Why should she feel gratitude? She probably is too stupid to know the word.

68. Irene Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I guess that happens sometime when someone retires they probably have other interests. He could give her a call if he was interested in talking to her too. I worked for 33 years for a company and after I retired I dont hear from anyone there except for one girl that I was friends with outside of work.

69. Richard F Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I’m not surprised. I thought, from the start, that she was, at first, appreciative for the opportunity. Once she was established and knew he was going to retire and her name was billed first….well, so long Reege! I really don’t know why people think she’s so sincere when it is so obvious that she is completely self serving. Even in her interviews….it’s me, me, me, my kids, me and oh, by the way…..ME. Uggh. I don’t watch anymore. Can’t stand it since Regis left. You retired the wrong one, folks. You should work for NBC….the station of constant bad decisions!

70. kracker Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

she is a self centered beyatch i am sure she has no time for him and he is glad to be away from her

71. cooeaze Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

first theyare of different generations, so they have nothing to talk about, other than hey how are you, miss you or something of that nature. Second, why can’t he call and keep in toch with her? thirdly, they both probably lead very busy live and she has 3 or 4 kids,so she may not have the time to fitin aphone call, really with the way today’s fast moving life is, she probably barely has time for hervery close friends, so Regis, they were good together( never watched one episode of the mornng talk show)but that is oer, move on.

72. Mark Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Not surprised at all. Kelly always was trying to mug the camera away from Regis and has only gotten more obnoxious since he left. Only thing that surprises me is that they brought on Strahan. I expected it to become “The Kelly Show” after Regis left…and it many ways, it has.

73. Lisa Perry Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Who cares? I worked with people for over 15 years and haven’t kept in contact with any of them for over 20 years.

74. followhim Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

who gives a rats a&?

75. Chris Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

That’s not right. Without Regis, Kelly wouldn’t have the show. He deserves the respect of her friendship and keeping in touch with Regis is the least she can do. How sad…

76. Jamie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Perhaps because Kelly got paid some $10 Million/year to talk to Regis on a daily basis. Once that incentive was gone, why would she do it pro bono? It is Regis after all… the man who cant get to the end of his stories fast enough.

77. KMK Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This type of thing happens all the time. Why would we expect celebrities to be any different from private citizens? Who hasn’t lost touch with a classmate or colleague they saw everyday for years? People move on. People get busy. I’m not saying that it’s right, but it’s normal human behavior. And why would we fault Kelly for this and not Regis? It goes both ways if we’re going to be judgmental about it!

78. judy johnson Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Regis is too pompus to stay in touch with anyone that can’t do something for him. Kelly has a career and 3 kids, Regis has all the time in the world. We always felt Regis was jealous of Kelly.
    I say good ridence to Regis, stopped watching the show because he is such a boasting jerk.

79. chaz Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

she should be on her hands and knees kissing regis’ a@@ everyday …he put her on the map…show should have been canceled when he left, it really stinks now..she’s a no talent wannabe, standing in someone elses shadow….

80. Jamie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

For anyone that says “Without Regis, Kelly wouldn’t have the show. He deserves the respect of her friendship and keeping in touch with Regis is the least she can do”, just think of how many of your past school teachers you are still in touch with…after all, without them, you wouldnt be where you are today (excluding any reading this in jail or on a street corner). If you are still trying to think of at least one of your teachers that you still speak to… the answer is probably that you didnt care to then and certainly do not care now either.

81. Donna Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Kelly and Regis didn’t talk outside the show (which they mentioned many times) when he was on there, so why would they talk now? I don’t think she is snubbing him. Really what would they have in common? I am sure she doesn’t mention him on the show because she is trying to make it her own. Don’t be so malicious as to try to read bad things into every statement. She could have lied and said she did for Pete’s sake! At least she was honest!

82. PAT Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Kelly and Michael are doing just fine. Regis has his own life now. Don’t make something out of nothing.

83. Joey Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Kelly just needs a mirror. That is all. She is so self absorbed. We do not watch the show anymore. It is I, I , I. Get sick of it, the show has really downgraded. Just not entertaining anymore.

84. PAT Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Kelly and Michael are doing just fine and Regia has his own life now no need to check in

85. joseph blow Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

ANY ONE WITH THE LEAST INTELLIGENCE WOULD SAY DUMP THIS EGOTISTICAL BITCH. IN 10 YEARS I HOLPED SHE WOULD FET BETTER BUT THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE. SHE CAN;T CARRY A CONVERSATION WITHOUR INJECTING HESELF, HER VOICE IS TERIBLE, HOW SHE STAYED IN THE SOAPS IS BEYOND ME AND BESIDES HAVING NO TALENT SHOE IS NOT A LIKABLE PERSON. ALL THAT SCREAMING AND YELLING WHEN SHE COMES OUT IS A PUT ON BY THE PRODUCERS TO MIMIC AN APPRECIATIVE AUDIENCE. IF I WERE A SPONOR, I WOULD HAVE QUIT THIS MOCKRRY OF A TALK SHOW. IT AINT TALK JUST
    NONSENSICAL BLABBER, ADIOS, RIPA

86. Jack Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Last time I checked, phone lines worked in two directions !!

87. Joseph Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Not a problem for me. I was never her fan anyway. Besides, I don’t keep in touch with former coworkers. Everything changes. New location. New friends. There simply isn’t enough time to keep up with everyone you used to know.

88. JULIE PRIBBLE Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

the show’s ratings tell the story. I give em about 9 more months before the ax falls. rRegis will be laughing his head off.

89. Missy Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Why does she have to reach out to him?! She is the busy one. How about he call her!!

90. JOHN Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

REGIS IS PROBABLY GLAD AFTER LISTENING TO HER MOUTH FOR TEN YEARS. YOU COULD TELL SHE REALLY IRRITATED HIM AT TIMES WHEN SHE WOULD NOT SHUT UP.

91. qt8625 Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

It doesn’t surprise me. Show business is a hard business to be in.He gave her the fame that she wanted and deserves but she knew that once he was gone it would be her show and he would be a memory. I stopped watching it when he left because I knew there would not be anymore old Hollywood stories to be told and no more walks down Broadway. I am surprised it’s still on. Don’t dislike her just never saw her as a star

92. D. Kennedy Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Why is everyone assuming Kelly is the one ignoring Regis? Judge not! They no longer have anything in common and she is very very busy with her TV and her family, etc. Why jump to judgment until you know the real reasons why? Kelly is adorable and has a wonderful personality. Regis is OLD and cranky. I just saw him on a Rachel Ray show and he acts like he is just putting in his time – very sarcastic and crabby. Kelly did not just “dump” Regis, so why make such stupid statements. Regis retired – remember?

93. cindy Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

The phone works both ways!

94. D. Kennedy Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Joseph Blow – you are an idiot! Why so down on Kelly? Just because she is not your cup of tea doesn’t mean many don’t find her entertaining and adorable. When your opinion is so sarcastic and ridiculous, keep it to yourself – you sound like a real negative idiot!

95. Kevin Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

After my boss retired, I have not spoke with him in since 2007. Unlike Kelly, I owm my career to that man. I am a bad person? No, just a busy person. I will attend his funeral though.

96. Bobby D Bones Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Bee-otch!

97. Deborah Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I have not watched the show since Regis left,couldn’t stand her than hate her now. Love Michael I’ll just have to catch him on football. Kelly got what she wanted but listen little girl without the Reg where would you be? No where!

98. Kris Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I had all intentions of keeping in contact with my former co-workers but haven’t. Time just goes by so fast. I am sure they are both busy people and keeping in touch with each other isn’t possible.

99. angie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I, myself, find it odd that they wouldn’t speak after being partners for many years. However, I can’t stand Kelly Ripa she reminds me so much of Kathie Lee and that woman truly nauseates the hell out of me – even when she was on “Name that Tune” I don’t think she can sing and she is just as self-absorbed as Kelly “ripoff” Ripa is

100. ed Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

why do we always have to take the negative? why not wish them both well, and if they wish to see or talk to each other, let it just happen.

101. Kitty Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

This is not a problem. When I run into prior co-workers, we are glad to greet each other and do some quick catching up. Nothing more is needed. We may have gone to dinners or functions together before, but that’s work related and there is a difference. Love my co-workers past and present, but that doesn’t make for a personal relationship. Maybe they will have Regis as a guest on the show.

102. angie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

You know it could be that neither one chooses to keep in contact with the other – There is an age difference but still when you partner with someone for many years they should be like family to you IF YOU ENJOY THEIR COMPANY – Maybe there is no liking of each other – that would explain it – Mere mortals like ourselves usually don’t keep lasting relationships with everyone we ever worked with – we usually hold on to people we truly like and bring real meaning to our life

103. Sharon Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

This works both ways, Regis hasn’t kept in touch with her either!!! They were co-workers, not friends and besides Regis is retired and probably busy as is Kelly with 3 kids, a job, and a husband. Besides, isn’t there more important news out there to talk about than this????

104. marylyn Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

just shows who kelly really is behind that perky face is a snob who thinks shes too good to pick up a phone or even drop a email to regis!!

105. Mamajoqeba Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

she didnt say she has spoken with him she said she hasnt seen him lately. And to all who say Regis made her a Mega Star totally false. Kelly made a name for herself way before Regis Talk Show, Remember she was a Soap Star and before that she was on a Dance Show, I watched everyday after school with Dick Clark, duh. So the little girl from Jersey has done pretty well for herself… You Go Kelly, We love you in our House no matter What, and staying in touch is a 2way Street, lets not just blame Kelly….

106. Rachel Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Watching the show when they were together really showed how Kelly was pretty much annoyed with regis in the end. She would roll her eyes and halfheartedly laugh at his jokes and make faces. She showed she wanted this show for herself and its sad she doesnt speak with Regis knowing he practically made her.

107. DANA YOUNG Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

KELLY IS A JERK SHE DOESNT DESERVE A SHOW .SHE SHOWED A LITTLE LEG AND WELL YOU SEE THE RESULTS

108. lillian Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

it is what it is, I am enjoying the new program, it was time for a change, Kelly was already a household name and with all do respect, Regis is not funny, had no talent and I dont think he was the brightest bulb in the chandellier, I wish Kelly and Michael the best

109. Diane Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I don’t think that she did anything wrong. And, I am not necessarily a fan of hers. But, often when someone leaves a job, they don’t keep in touch. It doesn’t mean that they now dislike that person. They just don’t have that everyday thing in common any longer. Remember, it is a job and often you like the people you work with or just get along because of the job.

110. Sarah Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I used to work at Disney World in entertainment, and Regis came down to emcee some holiday events. Some of my friends did an early-morning taping with him, and he was a arrogant JERK, treating the poorly-paid entertainers like garbage and humiliating them constantly. Kelly seems like a sweet, happy-go-lucky person. Perhaps she put up with a lot of abuse in order to keep a gig she loves. We don’t know the full story and probably never will.

111. Mark Adkins Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I never liked Kelly Ripa! I always thought she was chosen because she was young a cute. Regis got what he deserved, I always felt he should dohave went to bat for Kathie Lee, and he didn’t. I don’t like Kelly, but I do watch to see Michael he is great and she seems a little less anoying with him, now it is time for her to get lost!!!

112. sue Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Haven’t watched Regis is many years. Got tired of it being all about Kelly. Not surprised at all that there is no contact. Probably his idea

113. Jack Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Well , ask yourself this. Does Regis keep in touch with Kelly ? It’s a two way street , is it not? Why all the negativity to Kelly?

114. Wayne Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Entertainment people can be some of the most superficial people around. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

115. Ma Bren Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Regis left the show because he wanted more money and more time off. I disagree with most of you. I did not care for Regis, he was so arrogant and rude to Gilman, and other people. Kelly has changed some to work with Michael. That is unfortunate, the show has become a bit too racey for morning TV. Kelly is a good mom and wife, on the show she has to appear ditsy, but she is not, it is all an act. And, regis could call her, who says she hasn’t tried to get in touch with him? I think he is jealous of how well the K & M show is doing. From what I have seen, the ratings are up. The phone goes both ways, and, maybe they want to keep their private lives, private. And, truthfully, who cares????

116. Val Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Hey – out of sight – out of mind. Besdes she now a new man in her life. But I do have to say the week she was out – I enjoyed the shows so much more!

117. Dennis Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:30 pm

When Kelly joined Regis years ago The rating must have dropped. Now that Regis is gone and having watching the new team twice. I turn off the TV and a few things done.

118. Parker Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

So … is Regis’ dialing finger broken or is someone giving him an equally hard time for not contacting Kelly?

I guess it’s just more fun to rip on Ripa ;o)

Ps – I dont watch then show, then or now, so I have no vested interest – I just found it interesting that them not keeping in touch is somehow blamed on the woman. Nice.

119. KB Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Regis wanted more money, and they wouldn’t give it to him, so when he made a stink, he left. He didn’t retire. I don’t think it had anything to do with Kelly, and I firmly believe Regis was the one who had this huge issue with where the show has gone. I love both of them, but hating on Kelly doesn’t mean Regis was an angel either.

That’s business. If he was ticked off and left, so be it, but she probably doesn’t want to sacrifice her job by staying in touch.

120. KB Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Show ratings? Did you forget they won their first Emmy without him on staff?

121. kim clark Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

You could tell Regis didn’t like her when she babbled on and on and did her best to hog the spotlight. She is a piece of work and I bet it won’t be long before she’s giving those sideways looks to Strahan too. For those of you who say you don’t keep in touch with your ex co-workers, and “the phone goes both way” I would like to point out that Regis has never been a guest on the show that he made successful. I think she helped push him out. Regis has been on Kathy Lee’s show many times so I guess their “phones go both ways.” Kelly seems mean. Especially after she attacked Clay Aiken on the show. Never seen a talk show host go off on yesterdays guest. She has scary eyes. I always liked Kathy Lee better.

122. Kathy Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I watched Kelly and Mark all those years on All My Children, I watched her on Regis and Kelly, I watch her on Kelly and Michael. Has anyone asked if she kept in touch with her former co-stars on All My Children? Actors and Actresses are busy, being mothers, fathers, and doing promotional gigs as well as the shows they are on. Give her a break, she has 3 children, a husband and a family. Does Michael keep in touch with his former football team players? These stars have two lives, business and personal. Give them a break. Regis went on to other shows after he left Regis and Kelly, he just didn’t stop doing shows.

123. sandra w Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

u assholes get a life. nobody has time for that old ass man, who cares anyway. leave her alone.and u all u has something bad to say about Kelly go get f–k-d. thank u

124. Holly Nelson Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I am so surprised by the numbers of people that feel the same as I. This woman never did appeal to me. She is self centered, too cute for her age, just obnoxious to listen to. I was amazed she was selected as the replacement to compliment Regis. The show lost so much professionalism when she moved in. I love Michael Trahann….only watch to see him and then, once in awhile. I hear her voice and shudder. She is horrible. However, I really don’t care if they keep in touch or not. That’s their business….perhaps Regis didn’t like her either.

125. Linda Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

well stop the freakin presses!!! so they don’t keep in touch?? #1 who cares, #2 they have different, busy lives. #3 who cares. these panic headlines over nothing are really getting on my nerves. the 24 hour news cycle isn’t news it just grabs on to something and sensationalizes small items to the point of nausea.

126. Tom Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

What difference does it make if Kelly is talking to Regis? If I was working at a place and someone retired, I might or might not stay in touch. She is probably busy with her life. Why should she make it a point to talk to Regis so that stories like this don’t show up? I don’t understand why this is anyone’s business but theirs.

127. jackie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Who cares – she is an arrogant son of a BIT%$ anyway. I think Michael is her gopher and he is a strong person and I don’t know why he took this role. Ryan Seacrest or Howie would never let her get away with her arrogance. I luv Regis and I don’t watch it since he left.

128. jackie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

it really is not worth a comment, it is what it is….no big deal!

129. Amy Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Kelly is the busy working mother of 3 kids. Regis is an 81 year old man. Why is it so surprising that they are not still in touch? They used to have the show in common, now they don’t. That’s life, people.

130. M>E> Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I’m not surprised they have lives outside of t.v.
    Kelly has 3 kids and a husband. Regis has his wife and likes to get on any t.v. show that will have him. Now he’s getting his own(boring) show!?
    I like the new live..it’s actually a live!As for Regid giving Kelly her start..she was on a soap for a long time. She didnt need regg like Kathy Lee did. She is actually talented and funny!

131. nan pharr Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Everyone knows that the show went completely downhill when Regis left. Kelly never really replaced Kathy Lee in the viewer’s eye. Kelly is an ingrate is she isn’t keeping in touch with Regis. I’d be shocked if he show with what’s his name doesn’t get cancelled soon – haven’t watched it since a very long time ago. Best to Regist – I hope that he is enjoying his retirement – I really miss him and think the world of him! I think that ost viewers agree.

132. Debbie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

He made her career..it certainly wasn’t AMC where she was just another chunky blonde who coudn’t act. I won’t be watching anymore!!

133. Pam Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Doesn’t that go both ways or is it just Kelly that need to reach out?

134. James Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

The show should be call “All About Me”

135. Cara Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I always taped Regis and Kelly because it was so interesting and now I never watch or tape it. I’ve followed Kelly from her “All My Chilren” days and saw the shy Kelly then, but now she’s totally self-centered and the show’s all about “her”. I find it boring and I don’t like Michael either. Makes a lot of money just sitting on his butt in both programs – NFL and Kelly. Regis gave her her start and she should be grateful and keep in touch, but she’s a self absorbed ungrateful little skinny twit! What goes around comes around and she can be replaced too!!

136. Connie Barbone Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I watch you and Micheal every morning.Kelly did not forgot where your bread was butter. Call Regis
    he is older than you.
    Enjoy you with Micheal,I need the laugh in the Morning .
    Love You Guys
    Connie

137. Vonda Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

There are people who retired that I worked with, and sometimes we find it very difficult to get together. Why point the finger just at Kelly? Couldn’t Regis get in contact with her as well?

138. Nikki Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I’m TIRED of Kelly Ripa! She goes on and on when she thinks she’s being funny and it’s boring. My husband and I really enjoyed Kristin Chenoweth when she sat in for Kelly. Kristin has talent, is very funny, and brightened our day!!

139. Roxane Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Who cares if they don’t keep in touch, that’s normal human behavior, not to keep in touch.
    I love the show With Kelly and Michael, better than watching old Regis and Kelly!!!!

140. marie therese Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

shame on her, she thinks she is loved? my azz, he used to babysit her children, go biatch, you are zero

141. Steve Willams Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

The show has improved 1000% since Regis left. its number one. Why does Kelly have to contact him.He had his time so let him go

142. gwyn Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:55 pm

first, Regis didn’t retire….he was replaced…second, she would be nothing without Regis. She has him to thank for everything she has now…like…his show. And shame on her for not keeping in touch with him.

143. celeste Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

She doesn’t have a “need” for him anymore. The fact she does not even have the common decency to keep in touch with him shows she’s a selfish user.

144. Essie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:04 pm

There are lots of us who do not watch her cause she is so self centered. Regis gave her the start and now all you hear is ME, I etc. I hope the new co host does the same to her.

145. Gloria Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Disappointing…. I have always wondered why they do not have Regis as a guest and his wife… GOSH, that was HIS show before she was even that well known except for being on the soap opera… YES, she is busy and all but there is always time for a call or a note…. SUCH IS LIFE !

146. RJ Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I think it is interesting to compare her and Kathie Lee. Kathie Lee and Regis are still close friends, having dinner on a regular basis. I loved the show with Regis and Kathie Lee because it was genuine. Kelly and Regis never had a relationship outside of the 9-10 hour. For that matter, they didn’t have much chemisty – which is why I stopped watching years ago. Kelly is too self-absorbed and I could tell (before I quit watching) that is was a major feat for Regis to keep the show funny and afloat while Kelly was doing her model poses, model walks or her “I, me, my, me, me me” routine. Sadly, she is too self-observed to even know how to ‘chat’, co-host or interview. I think she has lasted so long because Gelman has a crush on her!

147. Marion Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

The show has become unwatchable since Regis left.

148. dickie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

She is too much in love with herself to waste valuable time keeping in touch with the person who made her an household name. Shame on her !!

149. Kim Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

The phone works both ways. Apparently Regis is not attempting to stay in contact with Kelly either so why is everyone bad-mouthing Kelly when Regis is just as much to blame. It takes two people to work at a relationship, whether it’s a friendship, a marriage, or a reltionship with a co-worker on a project.

150. Vee Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

That’s life: when you leave a job there are people that you’re genuinely fond of, and may intend to keep in touch with but never do. It doesn’t mean that you like them any less but ‘life’ gets in the way. People are in your past for a reason; wish them well and leave them there.

151. Pat Morgan Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I retired after 20 years with the same employer. I have never returned to my former office although for years I had to pass the building where I worked several times a day. I have no contact with my former co-workers. I don’t dislike even one of them and would be delighted to see or hear from them. Just don’t have any interest in pursuing their company. Leave Kelly alone. She has a rich and busy life and if she has done something hurtful or inconsiderate, well, what goes around comes around.

152. Bev Long Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Kelly has gotten to big for her britches I think she aks a fool around Michael whom is smart & does know so many people that she wants to be in is pocket & use him for own Fourtune!
    It is sad we don’t watch any more!

153. Marj Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I am not surprised. I had been a long time watcher, since Kathy Lee’s days – I recorded the show.
    I thought Regis & Kelly were good together. Since Regis retired……. Michael tries too hard – this dancing thing when they both appear is very irritating. I watched for a while and have not watched in ages. Miss the old show.

154. June Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I think she should leave and give the show to Michael He is great and fun to watch

155. Nick Pisani Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

It use to bug me that Kelly always looked at Regis and not the audience like Kathy Lee did. Kathy Lee was Regis’s equal mentally. There were lots of great gals to replace Kathy Lee but I have a sneaking thought Kelly getting the job was political in some way. I like Kelly don’t get me wrong, but as a co-host equal to Regis’s intellence-no way, jose!

And this Michael guy. Who was the genius that put him in Regis’s place. This replacement no doubt makes a ton of money and he can’t fix that ugly gap in his teeth? Whats with that?
    I know what I did–CLICK!!!!!!!!!!!

156. masr Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Some day she will be 81.
    Hopefully she will not be discarded like discarded Regis.

157. LJC Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

The lines of communication works both ways. The were employed by the network. They were not best friends. This story is hardly worth mentioning.

158. LJC Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

The lines of communication work both ways. They were employed by the network. They were not best friends. He is a prick anyway.

159. lynette Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

If Regis does not call, I can totally understand why, she is Horrible. Never liked her.

160. Jean velo Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I think she stinks big time, he made the show great to watch, not her.

161. Bonnie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Diane said Kelly is all “i I I” and “me me me”; So was Regis and why I hated the show all the way and especially with KL.

But don’t see one comment questioning doesn’t Regis know the phone number if he wanted to be in touch with anyone there. He was the most self absorbed jerk I’ve ever seen and I haven’t missed him for a minute. Kelly may not be the brightest bulb in the box but my cat could outshine Kathy Lee’s drivel.

162. mary Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I think they should get together they were more than working together. He was there for her when she had problems and she was there for him. He is godfather to her kids, that should bring them together. I have watched the show about 10 minutes to see what this new would do and I would rather see Regis there.

163. Ted Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Everyone who has followed Regis knows he is a jerk and an a-hole. He is lucky he went as far as he did. CASE CLOSED

164. Marian Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Kelly Ripa is an incredibly busy gal! Not only does she have several coals in the fire of her career, she is also married and has children! Regis is 81 Years Old, and he is semi-retired. If he were interested, he has enough time and resources to drop a line or stop by the show (and I bet they would totally invite him on, live) and say “Hi.” What does she have in common with an octogenarian who likely has not contacted her, either?

Also, how is this news? I don’t talk to my BFF I had a 15 year friendship from, and no one cares – Kelly and Regis are both great people, and they are both working in different directions.

165. mopsin Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

People will never change. Where is it written that when a co-worker retires one has to forever be in touch with him or her. We are/were associates on the job. Why must Kelly be the one to call or keep in touch are Regis’ fingers broken? Some people have too much idle time and always think negative about others. I am sure those that are haters of Kelly are envious and wish they can sit in that chair. I watch the show and will continue to watch.

166. JD Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

she is a real airhead

167. LEE Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Regis was boring… I wouldn’t contact him either !!

168. Sue Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Get rid of her and I’ll start watching the show again, I really enjoyed it when she was gone and they had replaced her. Regis was the best and funniest talk show host!!!!

169. Donna Cee Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I work with people everyday and try not to keep in touch with them!

170. Comments Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Lets see we have a world going to hell in a hand basket and this is news worthy? “Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn”. Did I sound like Clark Gable?

171. Mary Lou Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I have watched Regis on several talk shows plugging his book, his wife, etc. His ego is so big it would fill a room. I’m sure he does not have time to waste on a telephone call to insignificant Kelly.

172. Linda Duncanson Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:32 pm

They are both very busy people. Does he call her? You leave a job and they are your co-workers and not necessarily anyone you might be friends with outside of work. Life goes on!!!

173. marilyn Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:32 pm

He is the one that retired….kelly has kids, a husband, a show and a much busier life than someone that decided he no longer wanted to work at an old job.

174. D. Ware Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Who is Regis? Why is it Kelly has to stay in touch with him? Regis has a wife to keep up with him, peroid!

175. patricia Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I think she thinks she is better than him now and she is in control on the show. She forgets that without him she would not be sitting in that seat.

I see him alot on Rachael Ray. She keeps him in the loop and he is still going strong. I think he retired for other reasons.

176. Deb Cranmer Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Kelly is such an annoying host. Regis was and still is a class act. She doesn’t even like her own kids, how can she keep in touch with the one person to give her such a big break in TV. I also wish we would stop bringing every subject back to her. She is selfish, self centered and whinny. Gelman, why don’t you take control. You are a wimp as well. I think you are the reason Regis left the show. I don’t watch anymore. She is a talk show killer.

177. Jackie Says:
    April 12th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I loved Regis all these years. Was sad to hear him leaving but all the time she was there, she was making faces behind his back and making fun of him. I stood it just to see him and when he left, I left. She and her shoes and snide comments were just too much! Figured that she has not called him but when I see him he is very polite and would not say anything like that!

178. Jeannine Says:
    April 13th, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Wow, had no idea this subject would elicit so much response. So, not going to say much except I’m a Rehab Nurse who works with all types of humanity for 15 yrs. Just my humble opinion, Regis is a Stand-up Guy who had the talent of complementing any host he was given. Loved Reg and Kathy and loved Reg and what’s her name? Mostly saw her expensive shoes, clothes, focus on oh yes, the Kelly system grow and grow. So, when I’ve viewed her running around advertising the washer/dryer commercial. Think it is a perfect showcase for her talent. I would just love to see some kind of human interest from her, but don’t think that is part of what she shows.
    I am one of the viewers who stopped watching when Regis left. His brand of humor does not come along often. Just like Johnny Carson.
    Miss U Regis.

179. MaryBeth Says:
    April 19th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I think Kelly is fake and should be grateful for what she has thanks to Reg. I do not watch the show since Regis left. I think he was wonderful and down to earth and don’t think the show will survive without him. She does not seem sincere at all to me.

180. patricia mcafee Says:
    May 8th, 2013 at 9:05 am

i’m sick of the kelly ripa show wish it would end i turn it off everytime i see her face

181. Shannon Says:
    May 31st, 2013 at 12:21 am

I’m pretty sure the phone works both ways. Why is everyone blaming her?

182. catrinao Says:
    June 2nd, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Kelly never said she never tried to contact Regis. She said she has not spoken to him since he left. I believe Regis calls the shots and always did on the show. I believe he is the one to not keep in touch. The show is definitely not the same without him but I believe she is very respectful of him and that he would be the one doing the snubbing.

183. suzie Says:
    June 23rd, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Kelly owes everything to Regis and she is showing a lack of disrespect to him for not keeping in touch.
    I also agree 100% she is too crude for me and WHAT THE SHOW NEEDS IS MICHAEL WITH A NEW CO-HOST PLEASE!!!!
    I can not believe she asked Robert Downey Junior about his farts? And I quote: “…but sometimes your farts bother you right?
    Please get Regis back or a new co-host for Michael.
    I just canceled my season pass off TIVO-can’t bear to watch her anymore. I guess the audience demographics the Shows going for is LOW CLASS.

184. Gladys J Hairston Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 7:55 am

I have a plenty to say, I’ve heard so many things such as there was tension between them anyway. Sometimes Regis seemed arrogant and controling and Kelly appeared to be fresh and had a flip mouth. I think they got along as well as they did because that’s what they do in Hollywood. If you like it, you look @ it and if don’t just don’t look @ it. And now I think Michael Strayhan is a little to uppity and even though he is engaged they get a little to fresh with each other. Gillman is cool and more business and professional like.

185. kay Says:
    August 27th, 2013 at 8:07 am

Kelly is so stuck on herself it’s sickening! she is a twit and i think Michael would do better without her. she is a stuck-up rich snob.

186. sallie mae Says:
    October 16th, 2013 at 7:04 am

PEOPLE!!!! PEOPLE!!! Stop already! Nobody keeps up with everyone in their lives! This story is ridiculous and so are all the attacks on kelly & regis.

187. Patti Says:
    January 21st, 2014 at 7:24 am

I have watched Kelly and Regis for years. I have always liked the show. However, since Regis has left and Michael has joined, I have come to realize that I really don’t watch it because of Kelly. I watch it because of Michael. Without Michael, Kelly would be NOTHING. I’m wondering how long Michael will last with her.

188. colin Says:
    March 19th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

People are so ridiculous. You guys must have forgotten that Regis Philbin announced his retirement on live TV without having told Kelly beforehand. So obviously he was a little bitter about not being able to negotiate his contract with ABC. How is Kelly an opportunist and why is it squarely on her that they haven’t spoken? Maybe he isn’t speaking to her.

Comments